2012 Election Thread

[quote name='Knoell']Sounds like the owner just doesn't like political candidates.[/QUOTE]

More likely than not, as a charity, they scrape by with donations, constantly begging and soliciting to keep things running. Now that a candidate has shown up for 15 minutes of opportunism, they will have a harder time soliciting donations from people who dislike that candidate. Those people would have given without question or controversy before that; now, they have to rationalize giving money to a place that "endorsed" the wrong candidate.

Yep, so in simple turns, Ryan made things harder for the charity to solicit funding.

Or in even simpler turns for some of our posters, Ryan do bad thing to charity.

edit- Dammit knoel you're a moron, plain and simple.

[quote name='Clak']I have to say that this election has brought out more ignorance and hate than I have ever seen before in an election. And yes, much of it is due to racism. You all can cover your ears and eyes and hum all you want, it's there, deal with it.[/QUOTE]

I agree. The fact that 99% of a specific ethnic group is voting for the candidate of the same race despite ha actively pursuing policies against their interests remains troubling.

WI is similar to most midwestern states where the rural areas lean (R) as well as a couple of middle ring suburbs. Anywhere that has a college (you know, where people learn) tends to lean more (D) and of course urban (geographic dohdough, no implications) areas tend to lean (D) as well because you have more people in one area. People who live next to each other tend to know each other and somewhat care for each other whereas the folks out in the hills are scared of everything.

I'm worried about the debate tonight, how can we deem a moderator that says she won't be a "fly on the wall" to be unbiased? Doesn't that just add fuel to the complaining fire?

Whatever, I just wanna see the custerfuck that'll fly in the aftermath anyway.

Oh goodie, moderate mitt is back again. I like moderate mitt. I would maybe even vote for moderate mitt. Too bad moderate mitt is bullshit.

[quote name='dopa345']I agree. The fact that 99% of a specific ethnic group is voting for the candidate of the same race despite ha actively pursuing policies against their interests remains troubling.[/QUOTE]
LOLZ...black people are the REAL racists.:rofl:

And we're back to no moderator and a man interrupting the President of the United States while he's trying to speak.

there already is a fucking pipeline from Alberta to Oklahoma and Illinois. Why is that so hard to understand? Further, TransCanada is slowing down the flow because those refineries

OVER THE LINE SMOKIE!

those refineries are buying less. WHy are they buying less? Because tar oil sands aren't economically viable below $92.50 per barrel. Oil has been hovering at that point and even sinking below $90 for the last month.

1171127_o.gif

"Taxed as individuals"
I don't have the time to debunk this in a "live chat" format, but that's absolute 100% cracksmoking bullshit

again, define "small" business

jobs are going when they're being "created" and unemployment is going down. What was that word clinton used?

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah I don't have to pay taxes on the $10 in interest my saving account accrued.[/QUOTE]

You made $10 in interest? What in the hell are you doing sitting on that cash? IRA dude! Go for a Roth and pay no income taxes on the much higher interest you'll earn...

[quote name='nasum']You made $10 in interest? What in the hell are you doing sitting on that cash? IRA dude! Go for a Roth and pay no income taxes on the much higher interest you'll earn...[/QUOTE]

It was not a real number...I think it was like $2;)

Can we legislate a law for Debates where the candidates have to I dunno...

Give facts or actual details on HOW they will do something... Or better yet, not be able to say what everyone wants to hear... ?

and there goes the religious right vote...

was just going on the deck for a smoke when I heard "I came from small business"
Jesus H Giant Salamander telling John Smith the story of Christ.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Can we legislate a law for Debates where the candidates have to I dunno...

Give facts or actual details on HOW they will do something... Or better yet, not be able to say what everyone wants to hear... ?[/QUOTE]
There are plenty of details. Don't blame the candidates for your inability to pick up on them.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I can tell Obama is doing well because my Brother in Law is yelling at the tv every time he speaks.[/QUOTE]
LOLZ

[quote name='cancerman1120']I can tell Obama is doing well because my Brother in Law is yelling at the tv every time he speaks.[/QUOTE]

It helps when he isnt stuttering and going "um...uh...uh..." during each point. He is looking much better tonight.

As for debates being factual, I think they should have some of those fact checking sites stream stuff at the bottom of the screen or something. Some way to call them both out on bs when its spoken.

[quote name='4thHorseman']It helps when he isnt stuttering and going "um...uh...uh..." during each point. He is looking much better tonight.

As for debates being factual, I think they should have some of those fact checking sites stream stuff at the bottom of the screen or something. Some way to call them both out on bs when its spoken.[/QUOTE]
There's more than one site doing live factchecking.

[quote name='dohdough']There's more than one site doing live factchecking.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually curious to what some of the sites are that aren't biased (hell if there are any...), got any examples?

[quote name='dohdough']There's more than one site doing live factchecking.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I mean specifically for people watching the debate so they dont have to search it out. Especially since people could find misleading sites to get their information.

Obama is going to use money saved by ending unfunded wars? Sounds like creative accounting........Even MSNBC cried foul on that lie.

[quote name='tgk2044']I'm actually curious to what some of the sites are that aren't biased (hell if there are any...), got any examples?[/QUOTE]
I think we can trust WashPo, but it really depends on what you mean by "not biased."

The flow of this debate is making Romney look pretty good, performance wise so far. It's a shame Obama couldn't bring video recordings of Romney, especially during from during the primary, to respond to Romney's new and 'improved' Debate 2 reboot.

[quote name='ID2006']The flow of this debate is making Romney look pretty good, performance wise so far. It's a shame Obama couldn't bring video recordings of Romney, especially during from during the primary, to respond to Romney's new and 'improved' Debate 2 reboot.[/QUOTE]
Yeah...he's a walking Etch-a-Sketch.

[quote name='dafoomie']100 to 1 Obama doesn't answer that question. Outside chance he throws Hillary under the bus.[/QUOTE]

Wish I had taken that bet.

Of these jobs created by these untouchable small businesses, how many are jobs which require a real education? I ask because knowing that a McDonalds restaurant is a small business, I have my doubts about the jobs being created by these businesses.

[quote name='mykevermin']Wish I had taken that bet.[/QUOTE]
'I mean what I say' might qualify as a statement but it isn't an answer to the question that was posed.

bread's done
Back