2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

My CAG team is a lost cause, my season is essentially over. Thanks team underachieving.

In my money league should I make a trade on Cruz? My other receivers are D Thomas, M Colston, AJ Green in a start 3 league. Need help at RB and TE. Maybe receive Gates and Gore?

[quote name='Chitown021']Man, this is one of those weeks when I hate playing Fantasy Football. I want my Bears to win but I have Foster and my opponent has Forte.[/QUOTE]

Are you a Bears fan or not? You root for Forte to score 20 TDs in this scenario and you hope Foster doesn't do anything. :D

I always root for the Giants to crush whoever they are playing no matter the fantasy implications. I coudn't watch otherwise. This is probably the same reason why I don't understand playing in multiple fantasy leagues.... you just root for and against everyone?

[quote name='Javery']I nailed it. Benched Bradshaw (effing Giants... yikes) and started the other 3. I'm pretty sure Forte will give me more than a 5.1 tonight and CJ (22.4) and Ridley (15.8) came though.[/QUOTE]

OK, spoke too soon. Forte put up a 3.7 so technically Bradshaw would have been the better call. No matter, I'm up by 50 going into tonight with Wallace still playing and my opponent is done. I will still be leading the league in points after today but still 2 games out of first place. Annoying.

[quote name='GamerDude316']as long as Issac Redman gets 3 points, I'll have another week where I sweep my 3 leagues.[/QUOTE]

I need Redman to drop a 23 pt game....

Come on 2 goal line TDS and 110 yds!!

Yahoo fucked me when I couldn't change my lineup Sunday morning, but lo and behold, Jamaal Charles shows up for a game and I'm actually up.

[quote name='kube00']Crap Big Ben went out, so if he can't play next week and Eli is out, do I grab Schaub or Freeman?[/QUOTE]While I love my Texans, I'm pretty sure they run the ball more than any other team.

Go with Freeman. He has the better QB Rating so far this year and has a better TD/INT ratio of 18/5 to Schaub's 13/6.

The bullshit continues. Most points in the league and 3rd place still (7-3). I have over 100 points more on the year than the guy ahead of me (8-2). He also has by far the least amount of points scored against him this season. I play him this week though so his luck has to run out some time.

[quote name='Javery']The bullshit continues. Most points in the league and 3rd place still (7-3). I have over 100 points more on the year than the guy ahead of me (8-2). He also has by far the least amount of points scored against him this season. I play him this week though so his luck has to run out some time.[/QUOTE]

Haha I'm in the same exact boat. I'm the only one in my league who is over 1000 points scored and I'm in third at 7-3. The guy in first place though has had the least amount of points scored against him in the whole league.

I am truly blessed!! Needed to get to 100 yds with charles to win.....cassel pulls it out and gets them the FG for OT.

First play, charles 4 yard run, to get me my 100.....then BAM!! INT and game over! HAHAHAHA my opponent has got to be mad

I got an offer in my money league since Big Ben went down. I've got Eli and he's on a bye next week and I was going to grab freeman.

I get
-Dalton
-Mike Williams

He gets
- Welker.

My other WRs are James Jones, Megatron, Floyd, and DeSean. It looks like Dalton has a decent schedule the rest of the year and Williams' schedule doesn't look to shabby either. But Big Ben might be back in a week or so and I don't think Dalton is a replacement for him or Eli....

His other WRs include Julio jones, Andre Johnson, and Smith. RB's is where he needs the most help.

Last edited by a moderator:
So im going crazy with my main team. I feel as though I really shouldnt be losing any games after drafting so well. (Or so I thought) Its a 12 man league and im sitting at a pretty 5-5 and in 6th place. Most points scored and 2nd scored against. Is my team really that bad?

QB: Romo, Vick
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Jeremy Maclin, Malcom Flyod, Mike Williams
RB: Foster, McFadden, A. Morris, CJ1K
TE: Witten, Pettigrew
Floating kicker and Def. Whoever has the best matchup

I personally would go with darrius heyward-bey (that match up is so juicy right now, especially with the saints epically bad on D and the raiders having to play catch up all day) and I'd take James Jones over MW just because he has done so well for me thus far (and the lions just shook up their secondary, again, because Ponder lit them up. CHRISTIAN PONDER).

Fair trade?

I get:
- Calvin Johnson
- Jason Witten

He gets:
- Tony Gonzalez
- Mike Wallace

His upgrade at TE is huge (he is barely hanging on to 4th place and this could make a real difference) and my upgrade at WR would be nice (potentially huge). I have Jimmy Graham so Gonzalez is expendable at this point. I'm really hoping he takes it and I tried to make it as fair as I could.

Who should I pick up to replace Vick Ballard as my flex spot player (1/2 point PPR):
- Marcel Reece OAK
- Darrius Heyward-Bey OAK
- Rashard Mendenhall PIT
- James Starks GB
- Cecil Shorts JAX
- Danario Alexander SD
- Greg Jennings GB (stash him and roll with Donald Brown this week)

I am 4 - 6 right now and essentially have to win out to make the playoffs. I could also potentially drop Cutler and Martellus Bennett to pick up more players above.

[quote name='Stevesbored']Who should I pick up to replace Vick Ballard as my flex spot player (1/2 point PPR):
- Marcel Reece OAK
- Rashard Mendenhall PIT
- James Starks GB
- Cecil Shorts JAX
- Danario Alexander SD

I am 4 - 6 right now and essentially have to win out to make the playoffs. I could also potentially drop Cutler and Martellus Bennett to pick up more players above.[/QUOTE]

Reece if DMC is still out, DHB otherwise.

[quote name='Stevesbored']Who should I pick up to replace Vick Ballard as my flex spot player (1/2 point PPR):
- Marcel Reece OAK
- Rashard Mendenhall PIT
- James Starks GB
- Cecil Shorts JAX
- Danario Alexander SD

I am 4 - 6 right now and essentially have to win out to make the playoffs. I could also potentially drop Cutler and Martellus Bennett to pick up more players above.[/QUOTE]

I'd go DHB and then drop Cutler for Reece.

[quote name='Javery']Fair trade?

I get:
- Calvin Johnson
- Jason Witten

He gets:
- Tony Gonzalez
- Mike Wallace

His upgrade at TE is huge (he is barely hanging on to 4th place and this could make a real difference) and my upgrade at WR would be nice (potentially huge). I have Jimmy Graham so Gonzalez is expendable at this point. I'm really hoping he takes it and I tried to make it as fair as I could.[/QUOTE]

If you really want Megatron and don't need Witten, why is he part of the deal? I'd just offer the two for one. Forget about Witten, he could be a deal killer.

Try to make the deal look as appealing to the other team as possible. Perception at first glance goes a long way.

Well I grabbed Freeman off waviers, should I just stick with him and eli until Big Ben comes back? Should I just decline the trade that would have me sending Welker and getting Dalton/Mike Williams

Should I drop M. Vick for N. Foles? My QB position sucks and everyone in my league seems to want too much for their backup QB. My other QB is J. Flacco. I looked at waivers but the best is A. Smith, S. Bradford and B. Weeden.

[quote name='kube00']Well I grabbed Freeman off waviers, should I just stick with him and eli until Big Ben comes back? Should I just decline the trade that would have me sending Welker and getting Dalton/Mike Williams[/QUOTE]

Welker > Mike Williams, so yes, decline the trade. Dalton isn't that much of an upgrade over Eli or Freeman.

[quote name='winterice']Should I drop M. Vick for N. Foles? My QB position sucks and everyone in my league seems to want too much for their backup QB. My other QB is J. Flacco.[/QUOTE]

Only if you think Vick is done for the season, or for at least the foreseeable future.

[quote name='HydroX']If you really want Megatron and don't need Witten, why is he part of the deal? I'd just offer the two for one. Forget about Witten, he could be a deal killer.

Try to make the deal look as appealing to the other team as possible. Perception at first glance goes a long way.[/QUOTE]

Trades have to be even. I would drop Witten anyway as soon as it is complete. Maybe I should have just picked a scrub from his bench...

[quote name='Javery']Trades have to be even. I would drop Witten anyway as soon as it is complete. Maybe I should have just picked a scrub from his bench...[/QUOTE]

Even how? Value or number of players?

Because of bye weeks/injuries, I have two spots open in my lineup. Who should I start at the RB and Flex Position? Pick 2 of the 3:

DeSean Jackson vs. Wsh
Jonathan Dwyer vs. Bal
Chris Ivory vs. Oak

Thanks for the help as always.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I had Roethlisburger as my QB. Assuming he's likely out, I've picked up Foles and am trying to pick up Dalton off of waivers. If I get Dalton, which would be better to start?

Dalton vs. KC
Foles vs. Washington

Regardless of QB position, I'm screwed at RB. Lynch on bye, McFadden out. Managed to pick up Marcel Reese, but the best option I have for RB2 is Chris Ivory. Oh well.

[quote name='Warner1281']So I had Roethlisburger as my QB. Assuming he's likely out, I've picked up Foles and am trying to pick up Dalton off of waivers. If I get Dalton, which would be better to start?

Dalton vs. KC
Foles vs. Washington

Regardless of QB position, I'm screwed at RB. Lynch on bye, McFadden out. Managed to pick up Marcel Reese, but the best option I have for RB2 is Chris Ivory. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I'd go with Foles for this week only. My Redskins defense is absolutely putrid against the pass.

I ended up with Carson Palmer and DHB off waivers, plus picked up Cecil Shorts later and dropped Cutler. Would've liked Reese, but oh well.

Damnit, had to drop DHB in order to pick up a defense for this week. Didnt really want to but my other options were Greg Jennings or Ben Tate (both of who still have good late-season value).

Trying to figure out my TE situation for the week. I have Scott Chandler presently, but debating whether to start him or drop him for somebody that plays Sunday. That way, if Aaron Hernandez is activated, I can still swap him in.

[quote name='JStryke']Trying to figure out my TE situation for the week. I have Scott Chandler presently, but debating whether to start him or drop him for somebody that plays Sunday. That way, if Aaron Hernandez is activated, I can still swap him in.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same situation. It seems like a no win situation. If you start Chandler, chances are he gets you nothing and Hernandez plays and has the game of his life. If you wait, Hernandez doesn't play and you're left with a donut on the board.

This trade was just offered to me...

I get:
Ben Roethlesberger
Steven Jackson

I send:
RGIII
Jonathan Dwyer

I've been using Stafford every week over RGIII and been getting more points. My other RB's are...
LeSean McCoy
Marcel Reece
Jonathan Stewart
James Starks

I'm most likely going to start Stafford every week baring injury so RGIII has been on the bench.

Don't do it. Ben is on the shelf for awhile, I thought? Steven Jackson isn't that good. You could pick I'm off waivers in a couple of leagues I was in.

You can likely move RGIII for someone better.

[quote name='merchie89']guy picked up Palmer just to stash since I needed a QB this week....dirty move[/QUOTE]

Gamesmanship

Hmm, FJax is out, CJ Spiller in prime time. Let's hope he puts on his dancing shoes and waltzes all over Miami tonight!

Want some feedback..roll with Ridley at flex or go with Cobb?

RB starters are Gore and Spiller right now. Gore's matchup is a bit of a concern, but he's been solid this season so I think I'll stay put with him.

I like Floyd. With Alexander in the lineup now along with Meachem, I think Rivers can really let it go. I'm not really certain what Foles can do yet, but Jackson could be a high risk high reward play too as I suspect Foles might be throwing it a bunch.

Reese or Sproles as a RB2 this week? I'm leaning towards Reese. He's expected to see a lot of action and it would give me a chance to see how well Sproles plays coming off the injury. The only bad part is I hate to pass up the matchup. With his speed Sproles could easily take one to the house.

I dropped Vick for Foles, Dwyer for Reese, and the AZ D for CIN this week. Here's my current plans for my roster... I'd also sort of like to start Hartline in my lineup but it's tough to start him over Fitz, Welker, or Thomas.

WEEK 11:
QB: FREEMAN, Foles, Romo
RB: FOSTER, REESE, Sproles, Law Firm, Ben Tate
WR: WELKER, D.THOMAS, Hartline, Shorts
FLEX: FITZ
TE: WITTEN
K: BRYANT
D: CIN

[quote name='rhymenoceros']Hmm, FJax is out, CJ Spiller in prime time. Let's hope he puts on his dancing shoes and waltzes all over Miami tonight!

Want some feedback..roll with Ridley at flex or go with Cobb?

RB starters are Gore and Spiller right now. Gore's matchup is a bit of a concern, but he's been solid this season so I think I'll stay put with him.[/QUOTE]

I'd be starting Cobb, I feel like Pats/Colts could turn into a pass battle leaving Ridley out. I have him starting in a league as well but not confident in it.

[quote name='kube00']I need a 3rd WR, do I go with Floyd, James Jones, or DeSean Jackson?[/QUOTE]

I'd start Floyd, dont trust Foles to do enough to make DeSean a viable start just yet.

[quote name='Chitown021']Reese or Sproles as a RB2 this week? I'm leaning towards Reese. He's expected to see a lot of action and it would give me a chance to see how well Sproles plays coming off the injury. The only bad part is I hate to pass up the matchup. With his speed Sproles could easily take one to the house.

I dropped Vick for Foles, Dwyer for Reese, and the AZ D for CIN this week. Here's my current plans for my roster... I'd also sort of like to start Hartline in my lineup but it's tough to start him over Fitz, Welker, or Thomas.

WEEK 11:
QB: FREEMAN, Foles, Romo
RB: FOSTER, REESE, Sproles, Law Firm, Ben Tate
WR: WELKER, D.THOMAS, Hartline, Shorts
FLEX: FITZ
TE: WITTEN
K: BRYANT
D: CIN[/QUOTE]

I'm skeptical of Sproles this week even with the matchup...play Reese.

Trade in our league that just got accepted

Team A gets:
Trent Richardson
Jermichael Finley

Team B gets:
Jason Witten
Michael Turner

I wouldn't say collusion, but this is a definitely questionable trade.

Good problem to have but should I start Matt Ryan vs ARI or Peyton against SD? Really need the points cause I am against Rogers

[quote name='rhymenoceros']Trade in our league that just got accepted

Team A gets:
Trent Richardson
Jermichael Finley

Team B gets:
Jason Witten
Michael Turner

I wouldn't say collusion, but this is a definitely questionable trade.[/QUOTE]

I think that trade is fair. Finley has value only in name alone (he isn't even top 25 this year in standard leagues), so the trade is really Richardson for Witten and Turner. Team A downgrades from Richardson to Turner, but upgrades his TE to Witten, who is a top 10 TE, despite only catching one TD this season.

[quote name='sying']Good problem to have but should I start Matt Ryan vs ARI or Peyton against SD? Really need the points cause I am against Rogers[/QUOTE]

I'd probably start Peyton unless you need all the points you can get. I'd say Peyton has a higher point floor, but Ryan has a higher point ceiling. If Ryan does outscore Peyton though, it probably won't be by much.

bread's done
Back