2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

Javery : Ridley at RB and bowe at flex no question in my mind at all...

Got a trade accepted in my NFL.com signed jersey league. I offered big Ben and mendy on a whim for stafford who the guy had benched behind flacco and he accepted lol. I'll sit Eli tmrw and hope the trade goes through. It should since it's NFL ran and he needs RB help.

[quote name='slofton']It's still up in the air if he wants to do this trade. There's really no other players im even remotely interested in on his team, except maybe draft picks.

Also, it's a 12 man league. Yes. I drafted well :D[/QUOTE]

Ohhhh, draft picks.... keeper league... That explains lineup lol.

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']Dexter McCluster
Jamal Charles
DeAngelo Williams

This is a PPRreception league.[/QUOTE]
Jamaal Charles

Alright, need opinions on who to start, one RB and one W/R (if Greg Jennings sits out):

-Ben Tate
-Alfred Morris
-Anquan Boldin
-Darrius Heyward-Bey

[quote name='GamerDude316']Alright, need opinions on who to start, one RB and one W/R (if Greg Jennings sits out):

-Ben Tate
-Alfred Morris
-Anquan Boldin
-Darrius Heyward-Bey[/QUOTE]
Morris + Boldin

Need some help with who I should start:
RB (Pick 2): Leshoure vs. Titans, Trent Richardson vs. Bills, Ryan Matthews vs. Falcons
WR (Pick 1): Larry Fitz vs. Eagles, Stephen Hill vs. Dolphins
RB/WR/TE (Pick 1): Brent Celek vs. Cards, or anyone from above^^

Right now I'm running with: Matthews, Richardson, Fitz, Celek.

Joe Flacco, Beanie Wells, Brandon Lloyd for Jay Cutler and Ryan Matthew. Good? Bad? I doubt I get this trade off but the guy who has Cutler absolutely hated Cutler after the Bears-Packers game. Pretty much sunk his team for that week. He swore off starting Cutler and is looking to trade him. His other QB is E. Manning.

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']Morris + Boldin

Need some help with who I should start:
RB (Pick 2): Leshoure vs. Titans, Trent Richardson vs. Bills, Ryan Matthews vs. Falcons
WR (Pick 1): Larry Fitz vs. Eagles, Stephen Hill vs. Dolphins
RB/WR/TE (Pick 1): Brent Celek vs. Cards, or anyone from above^^

Right now I'm running with: Matthews, Richardson, Fitz, Celek.[/QUOTE]

If you have to go WR, I take Hill instead. If Kolb can't even got the ball to Fitzgerald with the Patriots CBs covering, then there almost no way he's going to do it against the Eagles CBs. If it was me, I'd probably go Richardson, Celek with a tossup between Leshoure and Matthews.

I love Mathews (which is why I drafted him). If he ever actually gets on the field, he has the potential to put up huge fantasy numbers, especially now that Tolbert isn't there. Lloyd is someone who I drafted, and I am having patience with, but it seems like him and Brady are not meshing. He got a ton of targets in Week 2, and he had 8 catches, but only for 60 yards. He has the rep as a big play receiver (2 years ago, he put up nearly 19 yards a catch), so it seemed like a dream putting him with Brady, but things aren't quite working out yet.

Man I have no idea who to start at WR now. Fitz and Welker aren't doing anything. I'm tempted to start D.Thomas and LaFell over them which sounds ridiculous!

What would you guys do? Who would you start out of this bunch?

QB: Romo, Vick
RB: A.Foster, D. Sproles, Law Firm, B.Tate, D.Richardson
WR: Fitz, Welker, D.Thomas, LaFell, S.Holmes
FLEX: (Any WR/RB/TE)
TE: Witten, Cook
K: Bryant
D: Seattle

I made a few changes this week. Dropped Gould for Bryant, dropped Dwyer for D-Rich in STL, Dropped Cincy D for Seattle. Tried to nab Amendola but I was too low on the waiver priority.

At RB I'm thinking Sproles is probably a good play against KC. I played BGE last week thinking he'd be the work horse getting more action but Sproles still outproduced him on my bench. At WR I have no clue what to do. Last week I started Fitz, Welker, and D.Thomas at FLEX.

Last week my starters scored 91 while my bench scored 80.

Just had a team in my league try to offer me Britt, Benson, & Pitta for Arian Foster. I already told him the only guy I'm interested in on his team is Jimmy Graham.

I was thinking of trading Sproles, Andre Brown, Lloyd, and Dez for Garcon and Austin Miles. The team I would be trading with owns Ahmad Bradshaw. Here are my other RBs and WRs.

RB: MJD, Lynch, Morris, Donald Brown
WR: Amendola, AJ Green, Demaryius Thomas

10-team league. QB/RB/RB/Flex/WR/WR/TE/DST/K

I feel like I need to solidify my flex position. I like Sproles but I'm always iffy on starting him because Saints have so many weapons.

[quote name='shinryuu']I was thinking of trading Sproles, Andre Brown, Lloyd, and Dez for Garcon and Austin Miles. The team I would be trading with owns Ahmad Bradshaw. Here are my other RBs and WRs.

RB: MJD, Lynch, Morris, Donald Brown
WR: Amendola, AJ Green, Demaryius Thomas

10-team league. QB/RB/RB/Flex/WR/WR/TE/DST/K

I feel like I need to solidify my flex position. I like Sproles but I'm always iffy on starting him because Saints have so many weapons.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'm always worried about starting Sproles because of his limited touches in that offense. Started BGE last week and Sproles still outscored him on half the plays. I don't think that's a bad way to go. I've been thinking about moving Sproles myself if I could find a buyer.

I have four questions about who I should start

Alfred Morris (@Ari)
or Michael Turner (@SD)

Santonio Holmes (@Mia)
or Eric Decker (@Hou)

Tony Romo (@TB)
or Alex Smith (@Min)

Colts D/ST (@Jac)
or 49ers D/ST (@Min)

I need 2 WR, 2 RB, and one flex.

WR

Bowe vs NO
Jennings VS Sea
Wayne VS Jac
Lafell vs NYG
Heyward-Bey vs PITT

RB

AP vs SF
Brown vs Car
Benson vs Sea

Currently, leaning towards

RB - AP and Brown

WR - Bowe and Jennings

Flex - Wayne

[quote name='gbpackers94']Should I drop Thamme or Fred Davis for Pitta?[/QUOTE]

Yes, Davis.

[quote name='Habbler']Better hope the score doesn't readjust on Wednesday. Guy in our league won by .06 in week 1, and then after adjustments he lost by .12[/QUOTE]

I once lost by .01 I was so pissed. It was all because fucking Gates didn't start! :censored::censored::censored:

[quote name='HydroX']Neither. Fitz will sputter but usually ends up with big numbers in the end. If you aren't patient enough for that, counter him. Fitz still has top 10 WR value on his name alone, so don't take anything less.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, just as long as Kolb can get the ball in Fitz's are the man will snag it!
Fitz will get his no doubt!

[quote name='winterice']So Bradshaw is out for the Thursday game. Should I roll with Andre Brown? He looked good Sunday.[/QUOTE]

I would and it is whom I'm going with instead of the Dexter Mccluster experiment.

[quote name='ananag112']I have four questions about who I should start

Alfred Morris (@Ari)
or Michael Turner (@SD)

Santonio Holmes (@Mia)
or Eric Decker (@Hou)

Tony Romo (@TB)
or Alex Smith (@Min)

Colts D/ST (@Jac)
or 49ers D/ST (@Min)[/QUOTE]

Tough one cause Morris is a good start but there is the chance RG3 takes his yards.
Turner had the run in with the law so it's tough to say how he will be mentally.
I say flip a coin honestly.

Definitely Holmes Miami pass D is Swiss cheese.

Romo all the way remember Eli through 512 against them last week. Romo also has history of carving up TB when they play.

I would say the colts. 49ers have the best D in the league no question, BUT it's a horrible fantasy D. Honestly, I would look for a potential waiver pickup for defense. Is there a better available match up wise this week?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well on the WR side should I start
DeSean Jackson over Floyd/Boldin/Hawkins. I have Ogletree as well, and Im starting Welker/Megtaron. Maybe I should just dump Boldin.

TE should I throw Cook in and bench Finley?

RB's M Bush/Spiller over MJD?

I think Im going to see if anyone wants to trade, I could give up Spiller and try to get another sold WR.

Thinking of actually sitting Eli and Cruz tomorrow night. I hate the Thursday night road team and everyone is out so Cruz will get blanketed all night.

Trying to decide on two running backs in one league. Why do they all play easy opponents this week? PPR, order is the way I'm presently leaning.

CJ Spiller (@Cleveland)
Maurice Jones Drew (@Indy)
Trent Richardson (Buffalo)
Alfred Morris (Cincy)

Another league, non PPR. Need to start two:

Carolina Steve Smith (Giants)
Dwayne Bowe (@New Orleans)
Dez Bryant (Tampa)

And it worked for me last week, but am I crazy for wanting to keep Stafford on my bench in favor of RGIII?

[quote name='JStryke']Trying to decide on two running backs in one league. Why do they all play easy opponents this week? PPR, order is the way I'm presently leaning.

CJ Spiller (@Cleveland)
Maurice Jones Drew (@Indy)
Trent Richardson (Buffalo)
Alfred Morris (Cincy)

Another league, non PPR. Need to start two:

Carolina Steve Smith (Giants)
Dwayne Bowe (@New Orleans)
Dez Bryant (Tampa)

And it worked for me last week, but am I crazy for wanting to keep Stafford on my bench in favor of RGIII?[/QUOTE]

Spiller and MJD in the first league.

2nd league, I'd start Smith and Bowe. I expect Carolina to score a lot tonight, and any game with the Saints has potential for a shootout which will get Bowe a lot of looks.

With RGIII going against the Bengals...you're not crazy for wanting to start him. But I'd still start Stafford.

Gahh I am so conflicted this week. I hate having 2 great QBs. Cam Newton against a bad Giants Secondary, or RGIII vs the LOLBengals? Most of Newton's points last week came from rushing. Any opinions?

[quote name='Habbler']Gahh I am so conflicted this week. I hate having 2 great QBs. Cam Newton against a bad Giants Secondary, or RGIII vs the LOLBengals? Most of Newton's points last week came from rushing. Any opinions?[/QUOTE]

Trade one if you have a deficiency on your roster.

I need 2 WR, 2 RB, and one flex. I'm in a standard league.

WR

Bowe vs NO
Jennings VS Sea
Wayne VS Jac
Lafell vs NYG
Heyward-Bey vs PITT

RB

AP vs SF
Brown vs Car
Benson vs Sea

RB - AP and Brown

WR - Bowe and Jennings

Flex - Wayne

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Habbler']Gahh I am so conflicted this week. I hate having 2 great QBs. Cam Newton against a bad Giants Secondary, or RGIII vs the LOLBengals? Most of Newton's points last week came from rushing. Any opinions?[/QUOTE]

Gotta start Cam. The Giants secondary is laughable. While I believe RG3 is a good start I would grade Cam higher.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I need 2 WR, 2 RB, and one flex.

WR

Bowe vs NO
Jennings VS Sea
Wayne VS Jac
Lafell vs NYG
Heyward-Bey vs PITT

RB

AP vs SF
Brown vs Car
Benson vs Sea

RB - AP and Brown

WR - Bowe and Jennings

Flex - Wayne[/QUOTE]

Also in the future note if you're standard or ppr. It will help other help you better. I assumed you were standard.

AP and Brown @ RB
Jennings and Wayne @ WR
Flex Lafell (Giants secondary is laughable)

[quote name='4thHorseman']RB help for this week. Need two:

Charles vs NO
Lynch vs GB
M. Bush vs St.L[/QUOTE]

Lynch for sure

Wanna be safe M. Bush

Wanna gamble Charles. Charles could Breakout against NO.It is as good as any matchup because NO apparently aren't playing any run defense.

Personally I Gamble, Charles in much more talented than Bush one missed tackle and it's 6. I say Charles.

So I think I'm going to start Ridley in place of Ahmad Bradshaw. I still need to decide on my W/R flex spot:

- Andre Brown (I think this is a solid bet for 10 points)
- Dwayne Bowe (lots of upside)
- Danny Amendola (lots of targets from Bradford so could be an easy 10 points)

I'm in a non-PPR league; 1 point for every 10 yards; 6 points for a TD.

So I got a trade offer in one of my 10 team .5 point per reception league and I don't know if I should take it and wanted some opinions.

I get RG3
I give Demarco Murray

I'm not too sold on RG3 but I need help at QB, since i went so heavy on RB in the draft but i'm not convinced RG3 will keep it up.

Heres my team:
QB - Luck, Schaub
WR - Torrey Smith, Roddy White, Brandon LaFell, Kendall Wright, and Kenny Britt
RB - Leasean McCoy, Demarco Murray, Doug Martin, Ryan Matthews, Peyton Hillis, Ben Tate
TE - Hernandez, Witten

[quote name='Javery']So I think I'm going to start Ridley in place of Ahmad Bradshaw. I still need to decide on my W/R flex spot:

I'm in a non-PPR league; 1 point for every 10 yards; 6 points for a TD.[/QUOTE]

Honestly I would go with Bowe, you basically know what you're gonna get with him and the Saints Defense is awful (and their my favorite team so i'm not biased)

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Also in the future note if you're standard or ppr. It will help other help you better. I assumed you were standard.

AP and Brown @ RB
Jennings and Wayne @ WR
Flex Lafell (Giants secondary is laughable)[/QUOTE]

Why Jennings over Bowe?

Bowe is set to have more garbage time this week since they are playing the Saints.

Seahawk D kinda frightens me. Jennings has been nicked up and didn't do much the first game (granted the 49ers are ridiculous on D).

[quote name='onetrackmind']So I got a trade offer in one of my 10 team .5 point per reception league and I don't know if I should take it and wanted some opinions.

I get RG3
I give Demarco Murray

I'm not too sold on RG3 but I need help at QB, since i went so heavy on RB in the draft but i'm not convinced RG3 will keep it up.

Heres my team:
QB - Luck, Schaub
WR - Torrey Smith, Roddy White, Brandon LaFell, Kendall Wright, and Kenny Britt
RB - Leasean McCoy, Demarco Murray, Doug Martin, Ryan Matthews, Peyton Hillis, Ben Tate
TE - Hernandez, Witten[/QUOTE]

That is tough. Schaub is a decent option at QB. I'd think about it though. You have a stud in LeSean McCoy and you also have Ryan Matthews (who will be huge if he is healthy) so you could afford to lose Demarco Murray (who I think will be erratic all year) but I'm not sure losing him to go from Schaub to Bobby Griffin would be worth it. It's probably a fair trade but who wants to be involved in one of those?

someone just dropped boldin in my league. :eek:
i got a trade offer ray rice for vernon davis / frank gore. i did just lose hernandez and i have cj spiller and demarco aswell on my bench. what do yall think

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Why Jennings over Bowe?

Bowe is set to have more garbage time this week since they are playing the Saints.

Seahawk D kinda frightens me. Jennings has been nicked up and didn't do much the first game (granted the 49ers are ridiculous on D).[/QUOTE]

You know what I see your point. I just feel that Jennings is more talented and plays in a better offense than Bowe. Also Jennings probably would have played if the game was on Sunday last week. But I could see Bowe racking up "garbage time" stats like last week. I just lean towards the better player overall. Still slight edge IMHO to Jennings.

[quote name='japaki']someone just dropped boldin in my league. :eek:
i got a trade offer ray rice for vernon davis / frank gore. i did just lose hernandez and i have cj spiller and demarco aswell on my bench. what do yall think[/QUOTE]

I say no. This is why. You are giving up by far the best player in the trade. Also here are some TE's that might be on your wire.

Martellus Bennett (my guess will be a top 10 option this year)
Dennis Pitta (most targeted TE)
Kyle Rudolph
Coby Fleener
Scott Chandler

If you can grab one of those while Hernandez gets back I say you're Golden till Hernandez gets back. TE is deep this year. To me this looks like a way to hijack Ray Rice. No way I give up Ray Rice for Gore.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']You know what I see your point. I just feel that Jennings is more talented and plays in a better offense than Bowe. Also Jennings probably would have played if the game was on Sunday last week. But I could see Bowe racking up "garbage time" stats like last week. I just lean towards the better player overall. Still slight edge IMHO to Jennings.[/QUOTE]

I can definitely see going with the more talented player in the better offense.

Thankfully, I have a few days to mull it over. :lol:

[quote name='Miami_13']Just picked up DeAngelo Williams. Now who should I start in my RB2 slot?

DeAngelo Williams
Cedric Benson[/QUOTE]

Williams if you don't mind taking a risk, Benson otherwise. In a vaccum, I'd take a chance on Williams even though I don't really like him in fantasy.

[quote name='japaki']god damnit, i need help. ray rice for gore and davis. is this a good deal for me?[/QUOTE]

No. Rice can cover the production of both Gore and Davis some weeks. Like the other guy already told you, there are plenty of WW TEs that can't match Hernandez's potential, but can come close to matching his production. If you absolutely need to get rid of one of your RBs, sell high on Spiller or flip Murray.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Eli @ Carolina or Vick @ Arizona?

Should I start Andre Brown over any of these: Turner, Michael Bush, DeMarco Murray, Chris Johnson[/QUOTE]

I like Eli, and bench Chris Johnson. He was a must-start stud two years ago, but not anymore. I'd play hot prospects over him until he starts producing.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']I say no. This is why. You are giving up by far the best player in the trade. Also here are some TE's that might be on your wire.

Martellus Bennett (my guess will be a top 10 option this year)
Dennis Pitta (most targeted TE)
Kyle Rudolph
Coby Fleener
Scott Chandler

If you can grab one of those while Hernandez gets back I say you're Golden till Hernandez gets back. TE is deep this year. To me this looks like a way to hijack Ray Rice. No way I give up Ray Rice for Gore.[/QUOTE]

I already got KyleRudolph, but i think you're right because hes got dante rasario, davis and dallas clark and his rb's are steve jackson / frank gore. i'm thinking of trying to strengthen my wide receiver core. currently, garcon/ titus young/ bowe / avery but i don't know what rb i'd offer up for a better wide receiver... i like all my rbs but only two of them will do me good, ya know? i think i'd keep cj spiller and rice and try to flip demarco murray. hopefully he has a good ass game this week and then i can start to sell him high

[quote name='Javery']So I think I'm going to start Ridley in place of Ahmad Bradshaw. I still need to decide on my W/R flex spot:

I'm in a non-PPR league; 1 point for every 10 yards; 6 points for a TD.[/QUOTE]

Help!!!

[quote name='Javery']Help!!![/QUOTE]

If the gmen fall behind then they will abandon the run.

I say with the guys on washington that are out on thier d then, bowe may have a good.day

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Should I start Andre Brown over any of these: Turner, Michael Bush, DeMarco Murray, Chris Johnson[/QUOTE]

Definitely Turner and Johnson. Turner's role in Falcon offense has been dramatically reduced, and Johnson has been such a dud the last year and change that he needs to do something...anything...before he becomes a must-start again.

bread's done
Back