Here's my roster with my starters highlighted in red:

QB: Vick, Romo, Palmer
RB: Foster, BJGE, Sproles, Tate, Ryan Williams
WR: Fitz, Welker, D.Thomas, LaFell,
FLEX: (RB/WR/TE) D.Thomas
TE: Witten, Cook
K: Bryant
D: Seattle, Arizona

I don't like any of my QB's right now but I think Vick has the best matchup.
TE I'm also at a loss. Witten seems to still be getting the targets but he's had a bad case of the drops. I could possibly throw Sproles in at FLEX but I think Thomas has a chance to have a big game against a bad Oakland pass D.

Britt isn't an option now, he's inactive. James Jones and the pack should have a field day against the soft saints D tonight.

Chris Johnson or Reggie Bush? And yes, I know I'm awful in depth at RB right now.

Edit: Playing Bush, so I'm sure CJ0K will have his breakout game today.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='perdition(troy']Britt isn't an option now, he's inactive. James Jones and the pack should have a field day against the soft saints D tonight.

Chris Johnson or Reggie Bush? And yes, I know I'm awful in depth at RB right now.

Edit: Playing Bush, so I'm sure CJ0K will have his breakout game today.[/QUOTE]

I'd have to say CJ0K, but its really a coin flip.

Edit: Forgot CJ was playing the Houstons. Bush would be my pick

Julio Jones let me down, but luckily had Roddy White on the same team. 32.90 points between the two of them, and White had 29.90.

And I benched Gates for Rudolph. That was a mistake.

Maybe it's time to move Michael Turner into the starting lineup.

At the very least, Mathews got you something as the Chargers were trying to run the clock out. Up until the middle of the 4th, he had gotten me 1 point lol. Apparently, the Chargers were quite serious about him losing the starting gig over his inability to hold onto the ball. It doesn't help that Battle rewarded them by getting into the endzone twice. Hopefully, that situation will work itself out in our favor, but Mathews has quickly gone from a must-start to a wait-and-see situation, especially if Battle is gonna get the touches in the redzone...

I think McCoy has the greater potential for that kind of game. The Bear run defense has been pretty stout. Plus, McCoy has been playing kind of human so far this year, and the Eagles really need a big offensive performance.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']At the very least, Mathews got you something as the Chargers were trying to run the clock out. Up until the middle of the 4th, he had gotten me 1 point lol. Apparently, the Chargers were quite serious about him losing the starting gig over his inability to hold onto the ball. It doesn't help that Battle rewarded them by getting into the endzone twice. Hopefully, that situation will work itself out in our favor, but Mathews has quickly gone from a must-start to a wait-and-see situation, especially if Battle is gonna get the touches in the redzone...[/QUOTE]

It's gonna be rough waiting to see what happens to Matthews from here on out. Luckily, I'm ok on the RB front for now but I still want Matthews back as a starter ASAP. I would think by either, next week or the week after, he'll be their main guy again.

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']It's gonna be rough waiting to see what happens to Matthews from here on out. Luckily, I'm ok on the RB front for now but I still want Matthews back as a starter ASAP. I would think by either, next week or the week after, he'll be their main guy again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my bench is not very solid (Michael Bush is my 3rd back), so I really need for Mathews to solidify himself as the starter once again. I don't regret taking him. There were not many good starting running backs on the board in my league, but this is definitely getting frustrating.

guess who had brian hartline on the bench...where he sits there with 51 POINTS!

edit: My bench has three guys on it who played today...for a total of 108 points. I hate my fantasy football life right now.

FAWK!

[quote name='Chitown021']Once again my team has failed to produce. I need Vick to go completely ass ape tonight. Any chance he might go 400 yards and 4 TDs?:pray::pray::pray:[/QUOTE]

Hey, the Giants gave up 250 yards and 2 scores to Josh Freeman, so anything is possible against them...

I was just offered Demarco Murray for Chris Johnson. I'm ready to pull the trigger but just checking around to make sure Murray doesn't have some injury or some reason why I wouldn't want to take him. Any reason why I shouldn't pull the trigger?

I would definitely take it. Johnson finally had a great game today, but that Titans offense is very inconsistent, so he might not always have the opportunity to have a good game.

Murray hasn't been putting up great numbers. I think it is mainly because of the defenses they have been playing, but the Cowboys O-line isn't that great which does not help. Still, I like Murray a lot, so I'd probably take the deal.

True. Now, he did have a big game against the Giants, but a lot of that came on a freaky run where the Giants should've had him in the backfield. He's put up two duds since.

CJ has had 3 out 4 duds much worse. I'd like to wait till after the game but afraid he will cancel the trade if Murray does well. I haven't seen any Titans games live to get a real idea of the troubles with CJ.

This was definitely my concern with Brown, which is why I refrained from bidding too much on him in my league. Coughlin tends to give starters their jobs back when they return from injury, no matter what they were doing previously and/or what the replacement did. Definitely disappointed to see him only get 5 carries tonight.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']This was definitely my concern with Brown, which is why I refrained from bidding too much on him in my league. Coughlin tends to give starters their jobs back when they return from injury, no matter what they were doing previously and/or what the replacement did. Definitely disappointed to see him only get 5 carries tonight.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I really expected more. I now trail by 3.34 points with K Dan Bailey tomorrow night.

The Patriots offense blows up and of course they just happen to play my defense next week. Now I got to drop the Broncos for a better matchup. And Julio Jones, you almost sunk my team. Just how bad is the cut on his hand?

Lost 116-110.

I played against Michael Turner and Ridley, who both will not top their totals from today ever again.

Also I am gonna find and beat the poop out of Norv Turner!! Maybe he should his nasty skin condition fixed and that will let oxygen to smart part of his brain. Why would Mathews not be playing till the 4th quarter!?!!?!?!

Have already won in 2 of my leagues, and in the 3rd I'm down 12 with Miles Austin and the Chicago D up tonight, so pretty good chance there. I had Roddy White in 1 league against Julio Jones...good times :D

I'm up by 0.2 points with only the Bears Def to play tonight. My opponent has no more players left. Would it be a dick move to bench them for the night and start no defense given that Defense can get you negative points?

Why do the Fantasy Football gods hate me so much this year?

Demaryous Thomas is headed for the endzone and just drops the ball while trying to switch hands. BJGE has no fumbles in his entire career but coughs the ball up twice in the last two weeks. And of course Welker can't find the endzone but he decides to join the party and put one on the carpet. And of course my opponent had the Texans D who decided to run back two pick sixes! Man this season has been so aggravating so far! :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

Unless by some miracle Witten outscores Marshall & Bryant by at least 10 pts I'm headed for (1-3)

[quote name='ninju D']I'm up by 0.2 points with only the Bears Def to play tonight. My opponent has no more players left. Would it be a dick move to bench them for the night and start no defense given that Defense can get you negative points?[/QUOTE]

No. I had a team in my league do that during the superbowl. He was up by a couple points and didn't want to take the chance of going negative.
It's like taking a knee at the end of the game to seal a win.

[quote name='ninju D']I'm up by 0.2 points with only the Bears Def to play tonight. My opponent has no more players left. Would it be a dick move to bench them for the night and start no defense given that Defense can get you negative points?[/QUOTE]

A stat correction could put you a fraction of a point behind.

Something to consider.

Holy shit I killed it this week. I'm up by 46.74 and my opponent has Romo tonight but that should be a pretty safe lead. Brady and Fitzpatrick got me 75 points combined - add in Ridley and I got 100 points from that one game. Sick. I was hoping to top 200 points but Andre Brown didn't do anything last night. I'm going to 4-0!

Traditionally a 7-7 record will at least involve you in the tiebreakers for the last playoff spot but nothing is guaranteed. Last year 4 teams finished 7-7 and only 1 made it in. The year before I started 6-1 and lost out (6-8 final record and then I lost both "consolation" games).

Also, nothing wrong with taking the knee and not playing someone on Monday. You can bet your ass if some stud going on Monday night was questionable and then was declared the starter right before kickoff that your opponent would be subbing him in. Why? TO WIN. THE GAME!

[quote name='Javery']Traditionally a 7-7 record will at least involve you in the tiebreakers for the last playoff spot but nothing is guaranteed. Last year 4 teams finished 7-7 and only 1 made it in. The year before I started 6-1 and lost out (6-8 final record and then I lost both "consolation" games).[/QUOTE]

I started last year 4-0, struggled the rest of the season, and finished 6-7. Slipped into the playoffs thanks to the tie-breakers.

Luckily still in the lead, despite a couple clunkers from Megatron, Julio Jones, Vernon Davis and Fred Jackson. Thankfully, Brees, Lynch, Gore, Greg the Leg and HOU D decided to go all out. Thank goodness. Opponent has DeMarco Murray left to bridge a 29 point gap...I think I'm safe, but you just never know.

[quote name='rhymenoceros']Luckily still in the lead, despite a couple clunkers from Megatron, Julio Jones, Vernon Davis and Fred Jackson. Thankfully, Brees, Lynch, Gore, Greg the Leg and HOU D decided to go all out. Thank goodness. Opponent has DeMarco Murray left to bridge a 29 point gap...I think I'm safe, but you just never know.[/QUOTE]

As a Cowboys fan I am hoping Murray gets out of his slump lately, but I don't think he will put up 29 fantasy points.

[quote name='Superstar']As a Cowboys fan I am hoping Murray gets out of his slump lately, but I don't think he will put up 29 fantasy points.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say he's in too much of a slump. He's run into some stiff rush D and made a decent go of it. I am a bit sad I missed out on drafting him. His upcoming schedule does seem a little tough though, but still a fan from last season. Picked him up off waivers just before he started going run crazy when Felix Jones went down.

Who should I start next week?

Matt Schaub @ NYJ
or Kevin Kolb @STL

Also, do you think I should start Fred Jackson next week or should I try and find someone else to fill his spot. Thanks as always.

[quote name='merchie89']Just traded Gonzalez for Mendy and Mcgahee. It was with a buddy however, I feel like I won[/QUOTE]

uh, yeah. by a long shot.

[quote name='ananag112']Who should I start next week?

Matt Schaub @ NYJ
or Kevin Kolb @STL

Also, do you think I should start Fred Jackson next week or should I try and find someone else to fill his spot. Thanks as always.[/QUOTE]

Is this even a question? Schaub. NYJ are terrible.

Re: Fred Jackson -- What are your options?

[quote name='HydroX']
Is this even a question? Schaub. NYJ are terrible.

Re: Fred Jackson -- What are your options?[/QUOTE]

Jacquizz Rodgers, Andre Roberts, or I can pick up a free agent. I am trying to fill my flex spot as Vincent Jackson has a bye. I was going to put in Holmes, but he looks like he will be out for a while.

Regarding Schaub, yes, the Jets are terrible, but they are so terrible that I think they will be running most of the game to waste time and to avoid unnecessary interceptions. Look at how "well" Alex Smith did fantasy wise in the blowout this past weekend for example.

[quote name='merchie89']Who do the bills play? They talk about them being is a pretty equal timeshare from now on, which is the worst....[/QUOTE]

Bills play the 49ers

Question is my trade of Gonzo and Crabtree for Mcgahee and Mendenhall really veto worthy?

It got vetoed, my friend really needs a TE and mendenhall is a 63% owned player on ESPN. We are mad

bread's done
Back