2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

Damn my hesitation. Didn't think he'd log on for the rest of the night and he's already rescinded it. Picked up Jennings at least, but let's hope it's not Lisfranc.

[quote name='merchie89']you had MJD right? If so, great job getting jennings. Sucks he took it off.

Could be Lisfranc[/QUOTE]

I have MJD, yes. I guess at this point it's wait and see since it's been hard trying to deal with anybody else this year.

Regardless, while the injury news is terrible, at least worst case scenario it doesn't hurt me too bad. Having Trent Richardson, Alfred Morris and CJ Spiller has been a godsend this year for the most part. And now with Jennings in the mix.

At least if MJD is out for the year, I suppose I could drop him for a backup QB since somebody just dropped Luck.

Thank god the Lions score. I was up by 31 points with my opponent having Forte and the Bears defense. They chipped away my lead right until the last drive. I was leading by like .6 when the Bears got a sack. I thought it was game over for me. The Lions red zone offense was down right crazy this game; turnovers after turnovers.

Guy offered me Randall Cobb for Megatron. I'm actually tempted to do it. Our league also gives points for return yards.

Cobb's had a great season so far (I got him), but it would be so hard to pull the trigger on that. I mean, Johson's having a "bad" year, and he's got almost 600 receiving yards. The lone TD he's got is obviously a bummer, but I doubt that continues. Something good that emerged out of last night's game was Ryan Broyles' performance. Hopefully, he can help take some of the attention off of Johnson.

As someone said earlier, MJD could very well be gone for the year, so if Jennings is available in your league, pick him up. A lot of him people drafted him this year, because of MJD's contract situation, but he should have long since been dropped, considering he had done nothing coming into this past week.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Cobb's had a great season so far (I got him), but it would be so hard to pull the trigger on that. I mean, Johson's having a "bad" year, and he's got almost 600 receiving yards. The lone TD he's got is obviously a bummer, but I doubt that continues. Something good that emerged out of last night's game was Ryan Broyles' performance. Hopefully, he can help take some of the attention off of Johnson.

As someone said earlier, MJD could very well be gone for the year, so if Jennings is available in your league, pick him up. A lot of him people drafted him this year, because of MJD's contract situation, but he should have long since been dropped, considering he had done nothing coming into this past week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I counter offered with...

Megatron
Darren Sproles

For

Randall Cobb
Willis McGahee

[quote name='Miami_13']Yeah I counter offered with...

Megatron
Darren Sproles

For

Randall Cobb
Willis McGahee[/QUOTE]

I think that this trade is a steal for the other guy. As much as everyone says Calvin is having a very disappointing season, he's only having a very disappointing season if you take into consideration where he was drafted (4th - 7th overall). If you compare him to the other WRs this season, he's still 16th overall in points in a standard league and a perfectly fine 2nd or 3rd round pick with all of the other WR1s. Cobb's production will go down once Jennings comes back. It might not happen immediately, but it will happen by the time fantasy playoffs come around. Even though Jennings has been highly disappointing this season when he was playing, you have to consider the fact that Rodgers was lackluster for the first three weeks of the season, and in the fourth game, Jennings got hurt. McGahee is an upgrade over Sproles, but not enough of one to offset the downgrade from Calvin to Cobb.

In short, I'd only take this trade if you need wins now, have the depth to make it through the playoffs, and don't think anyone else is interested in Calvin. If you're just looking to improve your team, I'd look to pick up a better WR or better RB (whichever your team needs more) before doing a sell low on Calvin after his worst game of the season.

I agree. You're really selling Johnson low. He has a few more favorable match-ups coming down the road. The Lions also don't play the Bears again until Week 17, which depending on your league, will either be for the championship or already the end of the season.

Thank god for that late td against the Bears, I won this week by two points since Calvin didn't do crap for me

Toss up at TE for me this week since my starter Daniels is on a bye week. Which direction should I lean:
Jets-Keller vs Miami
Giants-Bennett vs Dallas
Both are expected 8 points through yahoo. Thx.

Need help with my WRs. Pick 3: James Jones vs. Jags, Antonio Brown vs. Redskins, Denarius Moore vs. Chiefs, Larry Fitz vs. 49ers, Brandon Lloyd vs. Rams, and Titus Young vs. Seahawks.

Right now I'm rolling with Jones, Brown and Moore.

I have a trade on the table right now. My opponent this week wants to offer me:
Joe Flacco and Larry Fitzgerald

In return he wants Cam Newton. My other QB is RG3. My WRs right now are Dez Bryant, Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt, Denarius Moore, and Dominik Hixon.

Think the trade is worth it? Who should I drop to make room for Larry if I take it?

I don't like that RG3 doesn't have his bye until week 10, but I went for it. Joey Flacco will have to do that one week, and Larry is a huge upgrade over most of my WRs. Cam is a bust this year. Watch him go off after I trade, but RG3 has been consistently better every week.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I agree. You're really selling Johnson low. He has a few more favorable match-ups coming down the road. The Lions also don't play the Bears again until Week 17, which depending on your league, will either be for the championship or already the end of the season.[/QUOTE]

I didn't do that trade. My RB's are so unreliable. I got Bradshaw, Sproles, Alex Green, and Andre Brown. Shit show. Sproles sucks in our league since you get a point per rush attempt and he never gets any. Looking like I'll be starting Bradshaw and Green this week. I'm in 5th facing the leader at 6-1. I've offered Megatron and Sproles for Chris Johnson and offered them for Alfred Morris to another guy. My other WR's are Julio Jones, Andre Johnson, Kenny Britt, and Josh Gordan.

[quote name='Miami_13']Someone offered me Randall Cobb and Dwayne Bowe for Megatron.[/QUOTE]

I'd still not do that. Bowe is going to do nothing with Quinn at the helm and while Cobb can be great, too many mouths to feed in GB.

[quote name='Miami_13']Someone offered me Randall Cobb and Dwayne Bowe for Megatron.[/QUOTE]

I'd only consider this offer if your WR core is weak enough that you'd actually consider starting Bowe while Quinn is his QB. You're trading quality for quantity which is almost never a good idea, and you're also only getting back players at the same position. Value-wise, I think Cobb and Bowe (with Cassel) are underrated and I'd rank Cobb + Bowe (with Cassel) higher than Calvin, but it isn't just Calvin you'd be replacing in your lineup, it's Calvin + whoever else you'd be starting at WR.

If this is the same guy who has McGahee, I'd consider a counter offer of Calvin/Sproles for Cobb/Bowe/McGahee, assuming that the guy you'd cut is inconsequential and that you improve your starting roster with the trade. With what you've said about your scoring system making it so that Sproles is lackluster despite his return yards, McGahee would be a solid upgrade over Sproles and help to justify the loss of Calvin. I'd honestly want a better RB back if I was giving up Calvin, but I think McGahee, Cobb, and Bowe (with Cassel, who I expect to eventually start again because I doubt Quinn can hold onto it on to the job) are all underrated for what their trade value is generally valued at.

What is this crazy talk about trading Calvin Johnson for Bowe and Cobb? Good lord, people. Have some faith. Don't be THAT desperate just yet.

[quote name='DestroVega']I'd still not do that. Bowe is going to do nothing with Quinn at the helm and while Cobb can be great, too many mouths to feed in GB.[/QUOTE]

this week Cobb should be focus of attention... Jordy Nelson might sit cuz of a hamstring problem... and i think Jennings might not play... that leaves Cobb and Jones...

my main problem is deciding to start Rothlessburger over RG3 this week... last time i didn't start RG3 was the week RG3 was coming off that head problem. and he scored like 36. they go against each other... and in 3 things i've checked they all have Rothlessburger predicted to score 7-10 points more than RG3.

[quote name='HydroX']What is this crazy talk about trading Calvin Johnson for Bowe and Cobb? Good lord, people. Have some faith. Don't be THAT desperate just yet.[/QUOTE]

In our league so far the points have been total on the season...

Megatron: 152
Cobb: 186
Bowe: 124
McGahee: 214

Just an idea of the scoring, it's a very high scoring league. QB's get around 80-120 points per week.

my main problem is deciding to start Rothlessburger over RG3 this week... last time i didn't start RG3 was the week RG3 was coming off that head problem. and he scored like 36. they go against each other... and in 3 things i've checked they all have Rothlessburger predicted to score 7-10 points more than RG3.
Big Ben will hopefully have a field day vs that awful secondary the redskins have, but I would find it hard to not start RGIII at this point.

I'm a little torn. Start Bowe or VJax as my flex? Or go for a gamble and start Josh Gordon? Decisions decisions!!
Rest of my team is set, I think..Megatron and Julio as my starters and Lynch and Gore as my RB starters and Brees leading the way. Hopefully, Vernon Davis gets targeted this week too...

It's possible that Jordy Nelson might not play. If that's the case which one of these guys would you start: Denarius Moore, Darrius Heyward-Bey, or Dwayne Bowe?

Start 2....yardage and rush attempts are the most important factor. With 100 being the goal...

Ahmad Bradshaw
Alex Green
Jonathan Stewart
Jonathan Dwyer

I just read Carolina is going to try and become a more power running team with Stewart and looks like Dwyer will start again this week.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Big Ben will hopefully have a field day vs that awful secondary the redskins have, but I would find it hard to not start RGIII at this point.[/QUOTE]

RGIII falls into the group of six QBs that I would not sit for anyone at this point. While it feels good to play matchups, I'd say there's a small chance that Roethlisberger will outscore RGIII by a little, and a greater chance that RGIII will outscore Roethlisberger by a lot.

[quote name='rhymenoceros']I'm a little torn. Start Bowe or VJax as my flex? Or go for a gamble and start Josh Gordon? Decisions decisions!!
Rest of my team is set, I think..Megatron and Julio as my starters and Lynch and Gore as my RB starters and Brees leading the way. Hopefully, Vernon Davis gets targeted this week too...[/QUOTE]

You have to start VJax. With how good he's been doing, you can't even consider sitting him until he cools off. Bowe earns a permanent bench spot until Cassel takes back the starting job or Quinn shows he has a mancrush on him AND gets the ball to Bowe every game. Gordon I like, but between VJax and Gordon, VJax wins every time.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']It's possible that Jordy Nelson might not play. If that's the case which one of these guys would you start: Denarius Moore, Darrius Heyward-Bey, or Dwayne Bowe?[/QUOTE]

Moore. I'd search the WW for better options before starting either of the other two.

[quote name='Miami_13']Start 2....yardage and rush attempts are the most important factor. With 100 being the goal...

Ahmad Bradshaw
Alex Green
Jonathan Stewart
Jonathan Dwyer

I just read Carolina is going to try and become a more power running team with Stewart and looks like Dwyer will start again this week.[/QUOTE]

Bradshaw and Dwyer if Redman and Mendenhall are out, Bradshaw and Green otherwise. Green will get you some yards and tons of carries consistently, but there isn't much upside for more than that. Dwyer could fall short of Green's production, but if he's the main RB in Pittsburgh with no competition this week he could have a 20/100+/1 stat line. With all of the back and forth Carolina has had over the years with DeSean Foster, DeAngelo Williams, and Jonathan Stewart, I don't really trust Carolina to say something about their running backs and then actually do it until I see it.

I was pretty sure I was gonna start VJax, but now with word that Jennings is out longer for surgery and Jennings out, Cobb is looking nice too. He was still sitting on the WW so I grabbed him as soon as I heard. Now I have a few hours to think about it...buh.

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']Need help with my WRs. Pick 3: James Jones vs. Jags, Antonio Brown vs. Redskins, Denarius Moore vs. Chiefs, Larry Fitz vs. 49ers, Brandon Lloyd vs. Rams, and Titus Young vs. Seahawks.

Right now I'm rolling with Jones, Brown and Moore.[/QUOTE]

Any input would be appreciated.

[quote name='G33']

Bradshaw and Dwyer if Redman and Mendenhall are out, Bradshaw and Green otherwise. Green will get you some yards and tons of carries consistently, but there isn't much upside for more than that. Dwyer could fall short of Green's production, but if he's the main RB in Pittsburgh with no competition this week he could have a 20/100+/1 stat line. With all of the back and forth Carolina has had over the years with DeSean Foster, DeAngelo Williams, and Jonathan Stewart, I don't really trust Carolina to say something about their running backs and then actually do it until I see it.[/QUOTE]

Good input, appreciate it. I also just picked up Donald Brown, he was a full participate at practice today. Wait and see how tomorrow goes, but if he starts Sunday against Tennessee, think he gets a good workload? I would think they'd work him in with Ballard.

Damn, I hated the matchup but maybe I should've started Freeman. He's got two TD's in the first half against MN.

EDIT: Piss, make that THREE!

This week is going to be tough without my most consistent producer - Foster.

QB: Vick or Romo
RB: Sproles + Green, Stephens-Howling, or Dwyer?
WR: Welker, Fitz, + D.Thomas (FLEX) I also have Hartline on my roster.

Right now I'm going with Vick at QB (don't like the matchup but Romo didn't do crap against a bad Panther D last week).

Also at RB I'm leaning towards Dwyer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chitown021']Damn, I hated the matchup but maybe I should've started Freeman. He's got two TD's in the first half against MN.

Right now I'm going with Vick at QB (don't like the matchup but Romo didn't do crap against a bad Panther D last week).

Also at RB I'm leaning towards Dwyer.[/QUOTE]

Dont count out Stephens-Howling though, he could be a sleeper this week.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Dont count out Stephens-Howling though, he could be a sleeper this week.[/QUOTE]

You can't be serious.

What a game for Martin. Finally justifying my early jumping on him in numerous drafts.

[quote name='kube00']I've got Welker, Jones, and Megatron starting...any chance Floyd or DeSean Jackson going to something crazy good this week?[/QUOTE]

Which Jones? Julio? James? Donald? Some other Jones?

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']Need help with my WRs. Pick 3: James Jones vs. Jags, Antonio Brown vs. Redskins, Denarius Moore vs. Chiefs, Larry Fitz vs. 49ers, Brandon Lloyd vs. Rams, and Titus Young vs. Seahawks.

Right now I'm rolling with Jones, Brown and Moore.[/QUOTE]

Brown and Moore for certain, and then James Jones if you can or need to take a risk, Fitz otherwise. James Jones has a better chance of catching a TD or two, but if he doesn't get any, he won't do much to help you win. Fitz is a safer bet for yards and could catch a TD.

[quote name='Miami_13']Good input, appreciate it. I also just picked up Donald Brown, he was a full participate at practice today. Wait and see how tomorrow goes, but if he starts Sunday against Tennessee, think he gets a good workload? I would think they'd work him in with Ballard.[/QUOTE]

While I'm starting Donald Brown in one league, I wouldn't recommend it. At best, he should be eased back in and split carries with Ballard, and at worst, he could sit if the Colts don't need him. I'm starting him because I only have space on my team for 3 RBs and BJGE is on bye. He should have a good game if he plays, but if you have better, safer options, I'd probably go with them (my other options were William Powell and Jonathan Dwyer, but since I'm only carrying 3 RBs, I had to secure the one that has the best chance to produce for the rest of the season). He's worth a pickup though if you have the room for him. I think he'll be consistently decent, but not spectacular.

[quote name='Chitown021']Damn, I hated the matchup but maybe I should've started Freeman. He's got two TD's in the first half against MN.

Also at RB I'm leaning towards Dwyer.[/QUOTE]

Vick and Dwyer as long as Dwyer has the backfield to himself, Green otherwise. I wouldn't start any non-stud RB against SF, and I like Vick's consistency over Romo's inconsistency. Romo did have a good week 1 against the Giants though, and this time he's at home, so he could repeat his performance.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']My opponent in one league had Doug Martin in his lineup before moving him to his bench in the last day or so. Great for me, not for him.[/QUOTE]
Bright ideas of a Thursday morning. I thought Minnesota could stop the run.

[quote name='G33'] Brown and Moore for certain, and then James Jones if you can or need to take a risk, Fitz otherwise. James Jones has a better chance of catching a TD or two, but if he doesn't get any, he won't do much to help you win. Fitz is a safer bet for yards and could catch a TD. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the insight. I usually have Fitz starting but the QB situation in Arizona is killing Fitz's worth. The reason I'm going with Jones right now is because Jordy Nelson might not play so there will be plenty of TDs to go around against the Jags. If Nelson is playing I'll go with Fitz.

Also, Doug Martin is racking up the points for me. And to think that I almost didn't start him.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Bright ideas of a Thursday morning. I thought Minnesota could stop the run.[/QUOTE]

They average 58 yards given up on the ground until tonight.

I still played him on my teams I had him on.

With the news that Pierre Garcon is out until at least week 11 and possibly longer, should I hold onto him or drop him assuming that as long as he's healthy and productive for the fantasy playoffs, it would be worth holding on to him? The team I own him on is 6-1 and 3rd in points scored, so I have the luxury of waiting for him to come back. My other WRs are Dez Bryant, Mike Williams, Josh Gordon, and Brian Hartline, so there's definitely room for Garcon in my starting lineup once he's healthy. If I dropped him, notable replacements on the WW are Santana Moss, Brandon LaFell, Andrew Hawkins, and Leonard Hankerson, none of which I feel are better than my current four active WR (with the exception of LaFell if Cam Newton starts playing better). I'm asking if he should be dropped because I have the tendency to hold on to players much longer than I should, then end up dropping them anyway, with nothing to show for it but many missed waiver claims and FA pickups.

I'm also thrilled with Martin's great performance. I wish I was able to get him in every league I'm in more than ever now. In the league I mentioned above, I had him and Mike Williams and my opponent had the Minnesota defense play so far, so that's a great start to this fantasy week.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back