2012 MLB Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea if anyone is intersted, but I have been looking for some people to split an mlb.tv account. The more we have te cheaper it is, up to 5 I believe. There is a thread every year on something awful where people hook up like the psn gameshare thread on here, but I dont have or want an account there.

I have one other interested person so far from another sports forum. I made a post in the request forum.

Or if anyone already has an account I'd pay a portion to share.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I have no idea if anyone is intersted, but I have been looking for some people to split an mlb.tv account. The more we have te cheaper it is, up to 5 I believe. There is a thread every year on something awful where people hook up like the psn gameshare thread on here, but I dont have or want an account there.

I have one other interested person so far from another sports forum. I made a post in the request forum.

Or if anyone already has an account I'd pay a portion to share.[/QUOTE]

I might be interested depending on how much cheaper it will be.

[quote name='HydroX']I might be interested depending on how much cheaper it will be.[/QUOTE]

a lot if we can get 5, $25 compared to $125.

I guess that's a yearly fee, is that correct? Otherwise, I'd probably be interested in well provided we had enough people.

I'm pretty sure mlb.tv put in some new restrictions a few years ago on account sharing. It's still possible to do, but much trickier than it used to be. I'd make sure to look into that before committing to a group buy.

FWIW, I have it myself, and if you watch enough (I'm out of market for the Red Sox, so I watch pretty much every day) its more than worth the money.

Does anyone have any other info on the sharing. There seems to be enough people interested so far, but I dont want to get people roped into a group if we cant have 5 people on at once.

Even if that's true I guess it would be unlikely to have 5 on at once, but still just in case since that would be technically possible.

Does anyone have a somethingawful account that can check this thread for us and pass along the info.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3465676&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=13

It was posted regarding this on some sports forum, but its in the coupons section or something so only members can see it.

Great start to the season burning through all of these relievers in a 15 inning game. Great start by Masterson, but Chris Perez blew it big time.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Great start to the season burning through all of these relievers in a 15 inning game. Great start by Masterson, but Chris Perez blew it big time.[/QUOTE]

yeah, so did Marmol and Valverde. Valverde got saved luckily though.

SHARING OF PASSWORDS TO ANY SERVICE, PRODUCT OR THE MLBAM PROPERTIES IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. IN ADDITION TO THE RIGHTS AND REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO MLBAM AS SET FORTH IN THE PREVIOUS PARAGRAPH, MLBAM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHARGE USERS THE FULL SUBSCRIPTION FEE FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL WITH WHOM THE USER HAS SHARED HIS/HER PASSWORD.
From mlb.tv EULA. You can try account sharing but I would imagine multiple IPs showing up under one account will throw up red flags. They use your ISP to determine your location so they know what teams to black out. Not saying it can't be done I just don't see how.

On top of that wouldn't signing on to two PS3s at once kick someone off?

Disappointed by the Indians loss, but it was going to be a mess if they couldn't end the game quickly. They just need to get the bullpen to calm down and get back to normal so great starts aren't wasted. I'm also hoping rest of the rotation can follow Masterson's lead since I have a lot more confidence in Josh Tomlin and Jeanmar Gomez than Lowe and Jimenez.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see Nathan hammer down a great strikeout as he notched his first save as a Ranger. Great start to the season by Colby despite the monster shot launched by Dunn to the moon.

Good win for Cleveland to not blow another good start with a great game for Carlos Santana's birthday. If the bullpen can get some good rest from extra innings, things should get better for this team. I'm hoping that three good/great starts from the top three of the rotation will be a sign of consistency rather than a rare occurrence.

Braves are sucking so far this year. Kind of expected since they did nothing to upgrade the offense that struggled down the stretch last year.

[quote name='goodbyetonight']I'll eat my hat if the Yankees make the playoffs this year. They suck.[/QUOTE]

Tough start to the season but the last time they started 0-3 they won 114 games. That was in '98 when they had probably one of the best teams I've ever seen. I think the Rays are going to win the division and the Yankees in the wild card.

On the game today: Pena is on fire to start the season. He had another home run taken away by a fan reaching over the rail (same thing happened yesterday). Really the only low point I saw today from the Rays was Jose Molina's bat. Jeremy Hellickson pitched 8.2 innings only giving up 3 hits and no runs. Upton starts rehab tomorrow and should be back mid to late April. Will be nice to see them keep this pace up.

[quote name='silentevil']At Tropicana Field waiting on the gates to open. Anyone else go to any games this weekend?[/QUOTE]

As a Yankee fan, I just have to say UGH!!!! :cry: Oh well, looks like I get to look forward to another year of my team getting dominated by the Rays for no real reason at all. :lol:

But to answer the question at hand, just got back from Braves @ Mets. After the crap season the Mets had last year, plus their abysmal spring training, I wasn't expecting anything out of this team, but they completed the opening series sweep of the long time rival Braves. Niese pitched a pretty good game while he was out there, but he threw a lot of pitches. He was a hair under 100 by the time the 7th started, and he was out of gas. Just throwing meatballs up there. First start of the year, I'm blaming the manager. He should have had a reliever up at the start of that inning in case Niese blew up like he did at the end. You can't expect a pitcher to be sharp through 100 in the first week April. Hitting wise, mixed bag. Tejada impressed me a lot today. For a guy who has 1 career homer, he was hitting the ball hard, especially starting off the game with an off-the-wall double that i thought was a home run at first. Wright and Murphy were also doing what they need to be doing for top of the lineup guys. Davis and Bay.... weren't. Mets need these guys to get it going. Luckily the team is winning so their isn't pressure, but if they start an extended losing streak, Bay is going to get booed badly if he doesn't pick it up.

As for the Braves... yeah. The batters weren't getting anything going. McCann hit a home run off Acosta after looking lost while Niese was pitching. Uggla looks like he's going to have another season of sub-.250 batting. Curious to see how the season pans for Matt Diaz, though. I remember him being very solid a few years ago. The pitching was good outside of starter Mike Minor.

Also, side note. First time being at Citi Field. It's nice. Really nice. It helps that I was in the VIP gold section though. ;) Easily overthrows Chase Field (D-Backs) as the nicest stadium I've been to. Haven't been to new Yankee Stadium though, but that definitely sets the bar for expections now.

[quote name='Chronis']Haven't been to new Yankee Stadium though, but that definitely sets the bar for expections now.[/QUOTE]

I've been there once so far. It's really, really nice but (as expected) everything there is as expensive as fuck. Those player T-Shirts you can get anywhere for around $20? $33 there. And me, being stupid and caught in the moment bought one of Mo >_

[quote name='jello44']The Astros have a winning record for the first time since July 29, 2009.

OK, so it's only 1 game above 500, but still![/QUOTE]
Lol, damn. Those fans have it rough!

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, damn. Those fans have it rough![/QUOTE]
The Astros are so ridiculously bad, top to bottom. They made front office changes this year but that takes time to have an effect. Their team is horrendous. Their farm is horrendous.

I'm the kind of guy that will kick sand in your face when you're down and point and laugh and shit. I'm a terrible human being. But damn, the Astros are beneath contempt. Their fans are the Sisyphus of baseball. One World Series appearance and they were fucking destroyed in a sweep by the White Sox. I go to games and feel sorry for them.

Barry Zito...

9IP 4H 4SO 0ER

His first complete game shutout since 2003, both Tim Lincecum and Matt Cain were seniors in High School when he pitched it. If Zito can pitch half as good as this for the entire season I will be happy. Also the Rockies have to be embarrassed about getting shut out, in Denver, against Zito.

[quote name='Beatofficer']Barry Zito...

9IP 4H 4SO 0ER

His first complete game shutout since 2003, both Tim Lincecum and Matt Cain were seniors in High School when he pitched it. If Zito can pitch half as good as this for the entire season I will be happy. Also the Rockies have to be embarrassed about getting shut out, in Denver, against Zito.[/QUOTE]

The fantasy sports radio guys said "this game does not matter, do not pick up Zito, he is still a shell of his former self regardless." haha. Harsh.

Red Sox rally with three in the 9th to get off the snide, with their bullpen pitching great in the win. Hopefully some people will back down off the bridges up there in Boston.

4-0 what a game!

Thank you San Fran for Ramon Ramirez. This guy is lights out in the pen!

Gee vs Detwiler tomorrow and the Mammoth match up. Johan vs Strasburg. Cant believe im this hype about a nationals/mets game LOL.

Ramon Ramirez is good, I'll miss him.

Also I saw this picture and couldn't help but laugh.

jays-5_1393846cl-8.jpg

The Red Sox started off dreadful last year and should have made the playoffs but for a huge meltdown.

The first week isn't that important unless you're a truly terrible team and have no way of digging out.

I don't think any of the powerhouses should panic yet.

[quote name='Beatofficer']Ramon Ramirez is good, I'll miss him.

Also I saw this picture and couldn't help but laugh.

jays-5_1393846cl-8.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The most ripped kid is the only one who doesn't fake tan lol

[quote name='DestroVega']The fantasy sports radio guys said "this game does not matter, do not pick up Zito, he is still a shell of his former self regardless." haha. Harsh.[/QUOTE]

Before he fell apart in the second half of 2010 he was putting up a decent season. I think he still has a decent pitcher inside of him, but I don't know if it will ever show up again.

Anyone ever share a MLB.tv account? According to FatWallet, despite the official no sharing rule, it can be shared between 4 people with a problem.

Indians/Sox game has been postponed due to snow, so that's an interesting twist in the weather in Ohio. I'm glad to see the Indians finally open up the checkbook and sign Asdrubal Cabrera and Carlos Santana to new deals beyond this season since they had nobody signed beyond this season.

Nefty Feliz looked great tonight. Hopefully he can keep it up. Wash does need to look into limiting his pitches though. I believe he through close to 110 pitches and throwing that many could cause him to break down like Ogando did last year.

Only caught the last two innings due to work, but good to see the Braves get their first win of the season. Kimbrel apparently wanted to sweat it out though putting the first two men on base.

man mets defense looked little league tonight. Murphy couldnt turn a DP if his life depended on it and he had terrible ABs all night long. Duda, def WIP in RF. I know the winds were funny today but jeez, thats the second one he couldnt track down. Didnt help Davis and Wright were out of the lineup leaving the rest of the lineup with 0 power. Detwiler did pitch one heck of a game though. Looks like sending Lannan down was the right call so far.

[quote name='JStryke']Only caught the last two innings due to work, but good to see the Braves get their first win of the season. Kimbrel apparently wanted to sweat it out though putting the first two men on base.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, then CJ was up to bat, shit the bed by GIDP.

fucking wonderful.

[quote name='tcrash247']The NL East is completely backwards right now, it better straighten out in the next week...[/QUOTE]

The Mets should fall off, but I expect the Marlins and especially the Nationals to be pretty competitive all year.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Nefty Feliz looked great tonight. Hopefully he can keep it up. Wash does need to look into limiting his pitches though. I believe he through close to 110 pitches and throwing that many could cause him to break down like Ogando did last year.[/QUOTE]

I don't see Nefty breaking down like Ogando did. Nefty has started before in the minors and Ogando did. What also brought Ogando down is when he couldn't find the strike zone and threw nothing but fastballs. Nefty showed a filthy change-up last night and those tend to tire the arm far less than anything else. I will reserve judgement, though, until he faces a team that can actually play.

I always like seeing who takes the longest to lose/win their first game. Everyone except Arizona already has lost at least once and everyone except Minnesota has at least one win.

How long will Minnesota open with a losing streak? They are playing the Angels now, then play the Rangers, Yankees, Rays, and Red Sox. It could be a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back