2012 MLB Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took all season, but the real Mike Napoli has finally shown up. He has activated beast mode. Hopefully he can keep it up for the rest of the year and stay hot through the playoffs.

I also read that Mike Adams is going to be out for nearly two weeks. He got hurt at exactly the wrong time, but at least Uehara has been pitching well enough to take over his spot.

Edit: and I guess Beltre got dinged up again. I hope it isn't anything major.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pitfallharry219']Atlanta wins another Medlen start. That makes 23 in a row now, which is the new record.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Really playing well down the stretch. Took 2/3 from the Mets this weekend, swept the Marlins before.

Up to 93 wins, with 3 games in Pittsburgh remaining. Best season they've had since winning 96 games in 2004.

The Dodgers finally decide to hit but is it a little to late. We won the last 5 in row average a little less than 7 runs a game but only made up 1 game to the Cardinals. 2 games out with 3 games left. Still got hope.

We are a few days away from the great debate in Southern California: who was the biggest disappointment, Dodgers or Angels?

SHAKING MY fuckEN HEAD. :wall:

[quote name='Viol8tor']We are a few days away from the great debate in Southern California: who was the biggest disappointment, Dodgers or Angels?

SHAKING MY fuckEN HEAD. :wall:[/QUOTE]
After playing like absolute shit all of April, I'm amazed the Angels are even still in it. The Dodgers traded for half of Boston's roster as well as Hanley Ramirez and it didn't change a thing.

I vote Doyers.

[quote name='Viol8tor']We are a few days away from the great debate in Southern California: who was the biggest disappointment, Dodgers or Angels?

SHAKING MY fuckEN HEAD. :wall:[/QUOTE]

Don't forget to include the Padres in that conversation!

[quote name='pitfallharry219']No way. The Dodgers weren't expected to do shit this year anyway. The Angels on the other hand...[/QUOTE]

You can't reason with Dodger fans. They missed the playoffs in 2010 and didn't even give McCourt another year before they ran him out of town (this is after making the NLCS in 08 and 09). I know he was a shit owner, but they act like those two NLCS runs took place in the 50's or 60's.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']No way. The Dodgers weren't expected to do shit this year anyway. The Angels on the other hand...[/QUOTE]Quarter billion in salary for one player?

[quote name='shrike4242']Quarter billion in salary for one player?[/QUOTE]

That was for three players. The Angels spent a quarter billion on one player.

The Dodgers might not have had big expectations going into the season, but they had one of the best records in the game for the first couple of months of the season, and then took on all of that salary with the Red Sox trade.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']You can't reason with Dodger fans. They missed the playoffs in 2010 and didn't even give McCourt another year before they ran him out of town (this is after making the NLCS in 08 and 09). I know he was a shit owner, but they act like those two NLCS runs took place in the 50's or 60's.[/QUOTE]
It was no secret he was going to have to find a way to print money or he was going to miss payroll. There's a few things you don't do as an owner and letting it be known you can't pay your players is one of em.

Glad to see the Angels out.
Wanted them out more than I wanted the Dodgers in.
Now we just have to see how the last two days play out. If i remember correctly the last couple of times the dodgers/giants have met one team ended up sweeping the series and i believe the giants swept it last time so now its the dodgers turn.
Of course the cards still have to lose.

[quote name='Beatofficer']I don't care if 90% of the country wouldn't watch the World Series, but I really hope it's Giants vs A's.[/QUOTE]

People barely watch it anyway.

Braves lost so the Nats have clinched the NL east. Braves have clinched the first wild card and will host the 1 game playoff Friday. Thinking of going if I can get some friends to go.

Just saw that Miguel Cabrera hit another homer. Now in sole possession of the HR lead by 1 over Hamilton. Great chance for the Triple Crown since he's pretty solidly up in BA and RBI.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Braves lost so the Nats have clinched the NL east. Braves have clinched the first wild card and will host the 1 game playoff Friday. Thinking of going if I can get some friends to go.[/QUOTE]
You in ATL then dmaul114? I was just thinking that it would be nice if I could scratch up the cash to go to the Braves game. I have no idea what the ticket prices are but I'm broke at the moment so it really doesn't matter.
[quote name='dmaul1114']Just saw that Miguel Cabrera hit another homer. Now in sole possession of the HR lead by 1 over Hamilton. Great chance for the Triple Crown since he's pretty solidly up in BA and RBI.[/QUOTE]
Pretty thrilled about this actually, it will be awesome if he can pull it off! I don't follow baseball nearly as much as some other sports but I always pull for my Michigan teams including the Tigers. Bless you boys!:D

[quote name='chuckie88']You in ATL then dmaul114? I was just thinking that it would be nice if I could scratch up the cash to go to the Braves game. I have no idea what the ticket prices are but I'm broke at the moment so it really doesn't matter.
[/QUOTE]

Yep.

Looks like all that's left are standing room only tickets for $24 ($18, plus $6 ticketmaster fees). Price range was $18-95 depending on section).

Parking is sold out as well, but I could take Marta. May still go if any friends or my girlfriend are up for it.

$24 is pretty good except the standing room only thing. I've never done that at an athletic event and I'm not sure I'd want to stand for an entire baseball game. I'll be sure to check with my usual suspects that attend regularly but I'm guessing everyone will be using their tickets. I'll check in on the ATL CAG board also to see if anybody else is going. Marta's always a cost effective option for parking. I've never actually parked using official Braves zones except when riding with others with permits. Good luck securing your tickets!

I don't mind it. A lot of times I just buy cheap nose bleeds and end up standing on the concourse near a beer stand and bathroom and watching anyway. Better view for cheap ticket price. :D

Also a way to get out of the sun for day games.

I can't believe the Rangers are going to be the fucking wild card. Un fucking believable. They all better get their shit in check on the plane home.

And no homers for Hamilton, so Cabrera is going to get the triple crown barring something crazy in the batting avg race.

dropilton.gif

I told you Oaktown is winning everything. Hopefully its another Battle of the Bay and maybe this time the Giants can actually win a game huh.
hum baby

Thoughts

1) Did not like the idea of him being anywhere in MVP top 5 going into the first week of September but I think that Robbie Cano sealed himself into the MVP 3rd place. He's been amazing this whole week and one of the main reasons why Yanks won the division.

2) Texas' pitching is completely burned out. Hope their offense shows up big and they take the first game.

3) Did not (and still do not) like the new Wild Card system but this has been one of the most exciting Septembers in memory for the AL.

I feel bad that Bobby V gets blamed for the Red Sox failure. Their pitching staff was just fucking terrible from top to bottom and there is no accountability in that clubhouse. They need to just blow things up.

Yeah, they should have just blew up the roster when the brought him in. There was no coming back from that beer and fried chicken in the club house stuff last year. Just had a locker room full of lazy millionaires phoning it in. And bringing in a hard ass manager type with those type of players was just a disaster waiting to happen. Hence the blow up when he slammed Youkalis (sp?) etc.

Has anyone used postseason.tv in the past? Wondering if it's worth it, especially for $5 since I don't have any cable and can't watch TBS on tv as a result. I saw that it states "subscribers will be able to view alternative video feeds" so wondering how the alternate feeds are.

Valentine going is a good first step to trying to right the ship in Boston. Players' attitudes have to change too but a different manager may have better success getting them back in shape.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Valentine going is a good first step to trying to right the ship in Boston. Players' attitudes have to change too but a different manager may have better success getting them back in shape.[/QUOTE]

Third manager is the charm?

Bobby V can at least take solace in Shilling being forced to sell all his shit because he is a terrible businessman. It seemed that Shilling's whole job at ESPN was to bash Valentine.

[quote name='AJVtony831']Has anyone used postseason.tv in the past? Wondering if it's worth it, especially for $5 since I don't have any cable and can't watch TBS on tv as a result. I saw that it states "subscribers will be able to view alternative video feeds" so wondering how the alternate feeds are.[/QUOTE]

It works fine, but it's not nearly as good as a regular broadcast. I got it last year to watch the Cardinals and it was ok. Basically, they have some fixed cameras that you can choose from. They're basically the same views as you would get from a broadcast, except they don't change unless you change them.

[quote name='KillerRamen']It works fine, but it's not nearly as good as a regular broadcast. I got it last year to watch the Cardinals and it was ok. Basically, they have some fixed cameras that you can choose from. They're basically the same views as you would get from a broadcast, except they don't change unless you change them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Might just use it since some of the streams online just aren't good so I don't mind ponying up $5 for it.

[quote name='mastagoalie']Tigers v Nationals World Series Go Tigers![/QUOTE]

It's too bad your Tigers are up against the buzzsaw that is the A's.

Never thought baseball could look more like a joke i'm glad shit is thrown onto the field fuck that.
looks like replacement refs invaded the mlb too, pop up that doesn't get caught.....OUT!

I still cant figure out how an infield fly can take place half way in the outfield; mind blown

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back