2012 Summer Olympics

I plan on watching it every day. The opening ceremony was too scripted for my liking. Parts of it were great, but the giant baby was creepy. I could have done without Matt and Meredith's commentary also.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I plan on watching it every day. The opening ceremony was too scripted for my liking. Parts of it were great, but the giant baby was creepy. I could have done without Matt and Meredith's commentary also.[/QUOTE]

Ha, I thought the same thing when that baby came out!

I also loved Rowan Atkinson aka Mr Bean playing the Chariots of Fire theme with the London Symphony Orchestra, that was great!

The opening ceremony was awful. However I did find it funny they had that bit glorifying their national health service to get back at Romney.

Of course Australia is going to win in swimming events. Those guys have to swim fast from all those killer animals down there.

Also, those Bryan brothers are some cool doods.

And that old man kicking everyone's ass in the men's cycling? Props oldtimer. Props.

Good first day of competition.

The way the media is treating/reporting on Phelps is awful.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']She isn't participating in the 2012 games, so I'll be sitting this one out.[/QUOTE]

It's ok that she's not participating... I also support beach volleyball!

[quote name='pacifickarma']It's ok that she's not participating... I also support beach volleyball![/QUOTE]

Aren't they going to be wearing full body unis because of the cold weather, though?

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Aren't they going to be wearing full body unis because of the cold weather, though?[/QUOTE]

Argentina looked pretty hot yesterday. Also, that Italian diver, Tania Cagnotto, wasn't too hard on the eyes.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Argentina looked pretty hot yesterday. Also, that Italian diver, Tania Cagnotto, wasn't too hard on the eyes.[/QUOTE]

Good heads up, I'll have to look around the webz for them.

Its been pretty messy trying to figure out what events are taking place at what time. With NBC tape delaying mostly everything and then finding events on NBC sports channels i didn't even knew i had, haven't been enjoying it so far.

But im also a big women's events supporter. Beach women's volleyball, especially beach women's volleyball. In 3D. :cool:

And its looks like you can stream all live events from NBC's website, you might need to be a subscriber to a major cable or satellite provider to log in and watch do.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/online-listings/

I can't stand NBC's ethnocentricism and lack of obscure sports. Time to grab a CBC feed or something where they show all manner of nonsense and don't bother with tape delays that cause a person to see events out of sequence and only highlight American athletes that have the best chance of winning a medal. It's just sad to watch NBC's coverage...

[quote name='Viol8tor']Its been pretty messy trying to figure out what events are taking place at what time. With NBC tape delaying mostly everything and then finding events on NBC sports channels i didn't even knew i had, haven't been enjoying it so far.[/QUOTE]
The only live events I've been able to find so far was men's pair beach volleyball and it's pretty intense lol. I remember watching these dudes in Bejing so it's nice to have something familiar in all the games. Sadly, they made a bunch of errors against the Pols and just lost a pre-lim match tonight. :\

[quote name='pacifickarma']Argentina looked pretty hot yesterday. Also, that Italian diver, Tania Cagnotto, wasn't too hard on the eyes.[/QUOTE]

Argentina made me confused on who to root for.

Watching the Women's Volleyball Match between the US and China. Captain America is there!
AzPD1kJCIAAWp65.jpg

[quote name='confoosious']uhhhhh I read that she HAD to stay on the "piste" due to the rules.

so what exactly happened? how long did she stay after the ruling?[/QUOTE]

I forget, but that was just so wrong what they did to her.

[quote name='J7.']I forget, but that was just so wrong what they did to her.[/QUOTE]
It should have been a tie since there was a second left on the clock, but they never started the clock and a point was scored.

Did anybody raise alarm once the third down in the round happened and the match continued?

I can't pass judgement on the judges without seeing the match itself in the scoring blows. I don't believe knockdowns actually count against boxers in Olympic scoring but RSC's are supposed to happen after third downs. Referee is most likely barred for life after this incident. Between this and the fencing incident, I can't decide which is the bigger black eye for the committee for these games.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Ties are decided by a coin flip which the German lost. If she had not scored that bullshit the Korean would have walked away the winner.

On that note, anyone see what happened in boxing?

http://deadspin.com/5931226/was-this-disgraceful-olympic-boxing-match-fixed[/QUOTE]

You know what's the most messed up thing there?

A year ago, the BBC came out with a report that the Azeri's were trying to buy their way to gold medals. It was dismissed as bollocks.

Well, looks like not only was it true, but they didn't even change the plan after being outed on it...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-15020658 - Original story.

I wonder how it feels to lose to a double amputee in the Olympics (400m dash).
And thank you, Bob Costas, for mentioning that he is a double amputee every time he's shown on screen.

NBC is really starting to win me over with their coverage. I looked online and it said women's field hockey would be on at 1p.m. my time on NBC sports network. I had the channel on all day and it never came on. Nothing after 1p.m. my time was even listed. The listings on the T.V. were different than what was shown.

If you are a judge in any olympic sport or anyway affiliated with an olympic committee, i hate you and your corrupt face.

That is all.

Would of been nice if the other fencer showed a bit more sympathy when it happened, I'm sure she has fenced long enough know she didn't really win. Isn't the sport all about honor and such?

Anyways, that double amputee guy -- how does that work? The metal legs might be a handicap, or they might be an improvement. How did they decide the playing field was level? Just weird to me.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Anyways, that double amputee guy -- how does that work? The metal legs might be a handicap, or they might be an improvement. How did they decide the playing field was level? Just weird to me.[/QUOTE]

Apparently they used this thing called science to determine the "legs" only had a fraction of the spring the human leg naturally has, so it gave him no unfair advantage.

[quote name='kodave']Apparently they used this thing called science to determine the "legs" only had a fraction of the spring the human leg naturally has, so it gave him no unfair advantage.[/QUOTE]

SI ran a lengthy piece on him. Their findings suggested that he actually has a huge advantage due to the significantly lighter weight of the prosthetics.

[quote name='pacifickarma']SI ran a lengthy piece on him. Their findings suggested that he actually has a huge advantage due to the significantly lighter weight of the prosthetics.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the secret adjustment button under his kneecap that lets him leap tall buildings in a single bound!

The weekend was awesome. Serena is unbelievable. She absolutely crushed everyone in her path. Scary to think what her career could have looked like had she been focused the entire time.

:lol:[quote name='keithp']Not to mention the secret adjustment button under his kneecap that lets him leap tall buildings in a single bound![/QUOTE]

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Damn that was a great soccer match. USA vs Japan in the gold medal match Thursday.[/QUOTE]
yeah that was a great game. I feel for Canada though, that call against their goalie was bs.

[quote name='Santurio']Women's Indoor Volleyball Bra vs Rus on right now on MSNBC and it is......nice.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Santurio']Women's Indoor Volleyball Bra[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Santurio']Volleyball Bra[/QUOTE]
Sounds kinky.

bread's done
Back