2013 Blu-ray/DVD Spending Tab

My CC bills are usually about 1500-2000, so it's manageable from month to month, but when I go over by a lot I tend to cut down a bit to make sure I don't screw myself over for the rest of the year. After all I do have bills to pay too. But yeah, I just like using my CC though because the rewards are always nice. ;D

[quote name='Squarehard']My CC bills are usually about 1500-2000, so it's manageable from month to month, but when I go over by a lot I tend to cut down a bit to make sure I don't screw myself over for the rest of the year. After all I do have bills to pay too. But yeah, I just like using my CC though because the rewards are always nice. ;D[/QUOTE]

ive found the rewards dont outweigh the headache of oweing someone loads of money. that and it tends to be a never ending cycle that i must spend more so i can get the rewards.

sort of like best buy rewards ive got 70 dollars in reward points that i have no idea what to do with as anything i buy will just likely get piled to the backlog(yes i have that insane goal to make it through that eventually). thankfully i have quite a bit of time to decide. so the rewards sort of negate the whole cut back thing. they dont HAVE too but chances are they will. its a mental psychology thing.

[quote name='kayne2000']ive found the rewards dont outweigh the headache of oweing someone loads of money. that and it tends to be a never ending cycle that i must spend more so i can get the rewards.

sort of like best buy rewards ive got 70 dollars in reward points that i have no idea what to do with as anything i buy will just likely get piled to the backlog(yes i have that insane goal to make it through that eventually). thankfully i have quite a bit of time to decide. so the rewards sort of negate the whole cut back thing. they dont HAVE too but chances are they will. its a mental psychology thing.[/QUOTE]

I pay on time every month, and in full anyways, so I mainly just do it so I don't have to carry around cash with me all the time, and now that everything is done online so much it only made sense to have CC ready for all my purchases. I would probably spend this way anyways, so might as well get some rewards back for it. I have no self control when it comes to money, period. XD

[quote name='Squarehard']I pay on time every month, and in full anyways, so I mainly just do it so I don't have to carry around cash with me all the time, and now that everything is done online so much it only made sense to have CC ready for all my purchases. I would probably spend this way anyways, so might as well get some rewards back for it. I have no self control when it comes to money, period. XD[/QUOTE]

can we trade places? i wish i had 2000 spare a month.

that said credit cards dont help with money control issues. they make it infinitely worse just not having a credit card has helped even when i paid off in full each month....the temptation goes down a bit as you have to actually have the money on you.

as for online? debit cards work just as well. and paypal usually as well.

Spent next to nothing on anime in May because of how much I spent on games instead this month. First time in more than a year I've spent more on games than I have on anime. Feels weird. @_@

*sigh* Not only do I once again go over $1,000, but this time it's even higher than March and April.

Oh, January. Why couldn't every month be like you?

[quote name='DNukem170']*sigh* Not only do I once again go over $1,000, but this time it's even higher than March and April.

Oh, January. Why couldn't every month be like you?[/QUOTE]

because that would be terrible lol

[quote name='Squarehard']Spent next to nothing on anime in May because of how much I spent on games instead this month. First time in more than a year I've spent more on games than I have on anime. Feels weird. @_@[/QUOTE]

dont worry thats just your soul weeping.

Two months in a row of basically spending nothing.

Niuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Not even at $3,000 in six months time.  DISAPPOINT!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have curbed somewhat also. I highly doubt I spent $1,000 this month, yay!

Of course, I can't know for sure because I can't update the damn thing right now because there's too many emoticons. >.

After many hours and multiple attempts, I think my list is up to date. However, I forget where I got the To Love Ru sets, Armada Part 1, and Zeta movie 1 so I don't know the prices. Can't find the E-mail and I am pretty sure I got them online SOMEWHERE.

...I almost doubled my spending this month in just the past week. Good thing August is almost here!

Wait...August has Otakon...

fuck   :censored:  :cry:

Made a long-needed update. I really need to curb my spending this month and next month (or start selling more crap on eBay). Almost up to $800 and August isn't even half-over!

Made a long-needed update. I really need to curb my spending this month and next month (or start selling more crap on eBay). Almost up to $800 and August isn't even half-over!
And, of course, right after I say this Disney Movie Club gives me my 60% off VIP deal. Oy.

You know, one of these days I am going to curb my spending and not spend $1,000 on movies in one month.

Or at least sell enough on eBay to cover 75% of the costs.

Almost all I buy nowadays i subsidize with selling the DVDs and/or Digital copies and/or slipcovers from combo packs - wind up spending not too much with that in mind.

Keep track of what i've spent overall on movie collection, just not by date.....

Total spent = $8378.48

Total gotten back selling DVDs/DC/Slips = $3,325.74

For 1206 Blus (100 being TV/BBC sets), not too shabby IMO.

Bought Little Mermaid and Croods today for $32. Sold DVDs,3D discs and digital copy codes for $36. Minus $4 to total spent, w00t.

After trying (and failing) to update this thing 5 times, I am just gonna stop. Just note that I have spent way too much money on DVDs and Blu-Rays.

Updated this months, so only two left!

I think I'm going to end up in between my 2011 and 2012 spending at the end of this year.

I really wanted that 10k too, but my three week Asia excursion will be expensive, especially the Japan portion, so even I had to save a little...

I bought Twilight Zone Complete and Dick Van Dyke show complete from DVDPlanet - if it ships that'll put me at about $120 for the month so far.

I bought Twilight Zone Complete and Dick Van Dyke show complete from DVDPlanet - if it ships that'll put me at about $120 for the month so far.
how much ?

$120 =]

And they did ship, so weeeee.

Also got this today, last bit of Walmart glitch for about $100

Jn6o35E.jpg

Going to try to sell the DVDs out of the 5 combo packs to bring the cost down even more.

$4000+ if you count furniture to support movies/gaming (Theater seating, media console, bookshelves for soon-to-finally-be-finished mancave)

November

:br: Life of Pi - $6 [Fox Connect]

:br: Les Miserables (2012) - $7 [Amazon]

:br: The Great Gatsby (2013) - $8 [Amazon]

:br: The Conjuring - $8 [Best Buy]

:br: Evil Dead (2013) - $8 [Best Buy]

:br: Pacific Rim - $8 [Best Buy]

:br: Zero Dark Thirty - $8 [Best Buy]

:br: Django Unchained - $10 [Best Buy]

:br: Spring Breakers - $11 [Best Buy]

:dvd: Community Season 4 - $8 [Best Buy]

:dvd: Community Season 4 - $8 [Best Buy]

:br: Boogie Nights - $5 [Amazon]

:br: Pain and Gain - $10 [Amazon]

:br: Mud - $11 [Amazon]

:br: The Skin I Live In - $12 [Amazon]

:br: This is the End - $12.50 [Amazon]

:br: The Dark Knight Rises - $4 [Amazon]

:br: The Perk of Being a Wallflower - $11.50 [Amazon]

:dvd: Coonskin - $8 [Amazon]

This month alone I've gotten

Great Gatsby 3D bluray/bluray/DVD combo $14.99

Texas Chainsaw 3D bluray/bluray/DVD combo

Pacific Rim 3D bluray/bluray/DVD combo $14.99

World War Z 3D bluray/bluray/DVD combo $14.99

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D bluray/bluray/DVD combo  $19.99

Amazing Spider-Man 3D bluray/bluray/DVD combo $19.99

Man of Steel 3D bluray/bluray/DVD combo $19.99

Men in Black 3 3D bluray/bluray/DVD combo $19.99

Taken 2 bluray/DVD combo $9.96

White House Down bluray/DVD combo $9.96

After Earth bluray/DVD combo $9.96

Skyfall bluray/DVD combo $9.96

Django bluray/DVD combo $9.99

Hangover 3 bluray/DVD combo $9.96

Conjuring bluray/DVD combo $9.96

Oblivion bluray/DVD combo $9.96

...... and that's just movies..... I'd say that's pretty good... still waiting for Iron Man 3 3D to go on sale..... I refuse to purchase movies for over $20 as I know eventually I can catch them for $20 or less

Best Buy's Black Friday helped me get all those $30 or more 3D combos for $20 or less.... I got Man of Steel for that price the week it came out by using Target's 10% Cartwheel discount and my friend who's an employee there's discount combined

bread's done
Back