2013 Flea Market Thread

Went out on a journey to my local flea market. There were only two vendors selling games, and one of them uses ebay prices to price his games >.>

The other guy had meh stuff, Made off with Mickey's Adventure in Numberland for NES and Aladdin on NES for a buck a piece.

Asked if had newer stuff, and he pulls out a stack of Xbox Sports games .-. Luckily, I was desperate enough to look through them, and lo and behold a nice copy of Star Wars: Battlefront 2 is within the rubble. Swiped that and Mortal Kombat Deception: Kollector's Edition for $4 a piece.

I don't know how you guys make off like bandits; none of what I got today is even for the collection. Just for flipping.

I had kind of stayed away from the local flea market until this week, I decided to check it out. There is now a new reseller couple there, couple of younger guys, and they are way over priced.
I'm talking $4 for common NES, $10 for common GameCube. This definitely adds some competition for me. Especially since one of them walks around and buys everything else up for themselves. Well, I got the better of them by just a wee bit :)

Found a guy who had the following:

Black n64 (with expansion)
3 n64 controllers
1 mem card
13 games (11 have manuals, mostly sports and wrestling)

The coolest part for me though is that the games all came in these hard cases. And he had 3 extra still new in the box. So I asked him how much for just the system and he told me $25 for the whole thing. Sold.

After coming back from my car, I went to a regular seller there who knows me. He knows I like games, and as he saw me he said hello and started telling one of his customers this. That customer happened to be the reseller lol. He didn't look very happy to see me. After he bought a couple games and left I scored:

Fat ps2 with cords, 2 controllers and a GameCube av cord

$20

A huge lot of TCG. Pokemon, Magic, Naruto, Marvel Superheroes, Bakugan, etc.

$25

I pulled one $40 MTG card and who knows what the rest is worth. It's all on eBay right now.

Anyway, the best part is that as I was leaving, reseller man came back to look for something. You should have seen the double take and the look of doom I got lmao.

Anyway, thanks for reading :)

^^^ it is always a bonus to see other people's jealous looks walking around the flea market.

Anyway I had some pretty good finds on a off day at the flea market.

The Playstation and Gameboy stuff cost me $18. Loose GB games are Wario Land 3, Buzz Lightyear, and Mary Kate and Ashley.

Halo 2 map pack and Fresh Prince S1 were a $1 each and FFVII was $0.25 because it was missing the third disc.

I then checked out a reseller's booth. He then asked if I would sell anything in my bag. I ended up selling the FFVII for $15 and the two guides. Woohoo!

In the top left is a bunch of pieces for the board game Heroscape and a Togepi jam glass. all for $1

29f6kyc.jpg

Ballz - 3
6 Playstation Games - 5
Game Boy Pocket & Pac-Man - 7
Last 3 Games - 3

Ballz was asking price, tried 2 and wouldn't budge. Playstation games were a buck each and took 5 for 6. Game Boy Pocket was 10, offered 5 to which they countered with 7. The last 3 games were a buck each asking price, non of them have manuals.

Havent been to a flea market in a few years. I remember nothing but junk and "it goes for this on Ebay" people. Looks like you guys do pretty good.

6am at my flea market is sadly a bit late. I try to be there by 5:30 and I'm nowhere near first. Crazy but it is what it is...

Picked up a copy of Metal Walker (GBC) at the flea this weekend. Also found one of these carrying cases
gbc-case-lufia-gaia.jpg
marked for $5. Inside was a great condition Game Boy Color, Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, Game & Watch Gallery 3, Frogger, and some shovelware (Rocket Power, Mary Kate and Ashley, Winnie the Pooh). My brother snatched it up, and I'm only a slight bit jealous--I loved those Mario games as a kid, and would gladly have paid that just to own them again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a Logitech GT Wheel fo $25 at a church flea market. I would've bought it if it weren't for the fact that I budgeted some money for grocery shopping, and I wouldn't have space to put the wheel, plus I don't have a tv tray for it.

24brz3n.jpg
rc3upg.jpg

F-15 Strike Eagle II (No Manual) - 2
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria (Complete) - 4
Star Wars: KOTOR II (Complete) & Sim City - 4
Zelda: Majora's Mask (Non Hologram) - 5 & Metroid
21 NES Games & The Last 4 Disk Based Games In The Picture (No Manual For Alice Madness Returns, Other 3 Complete) - 30

VP2 was 5 I offered 3 and the guy offered to meet me in the middle. Star Wars & Sim City were 5 and 3 but took 4. Majora's Mask was 20, offer 5 and Metroid which was taken. The rest of the stuff was from a regular seller, NES games were 1.50 each current gen 5 each and 3 for last gen. I ended up offering 20 for the NES games which he took then he showed me some disk based games he just brought this week and offered to do 4 for Alice and 2 each for the last gen games which I took. The NES game with the bad label is DuckTales.

Nothing game related for me (again), but I finally found a non-Director's Cut edition of The Warriors DVD for $1. Also picked up DVDs of Spaceballs and The Darkman Trilogy for $1.50 each.

28qxbms.jpg

10 Genesis Games & Operation Darkness (Complete) - 10 & Some Stuff I Paid About 1.50 For That I Brought The Seller
Q*Bert - 2
Thunder Froce V - 3
2 NES Games & Dr Frankenstein II - 15

Genesis Games were a buck each, Xbox 360 game 5. Q*Bert asking price, Thunder Force V was 5 and took 3. I was asked to make an offer on the 2 NES games to which I offered 10 and was countered with 12 then I ended up also offering 3 for the GB game which was taken from 5.

24lveko.jpg

2 Game Gear Games, Ms. Pac-Man Glass & GameCube Controller - 3
2 Genesis Games & 1st Party 3 Button Controller - 2
Super Mario World Toy (New) - .66
3 PS1 Games & An Incomplete Universal Cleaning Kit - 1

GameCube controller was free other items were a buck each. The Super Mario World toy is a Wendy's toy (kid's meal IIRC) from 2002, it was a dollar but I offered 2 for 3 items that were a buck each. Anything else was asking price.

28soqe0.jpg

True Crime Streets of L.A. (GameCube, Complete) - .50 (IAP)

Non Find BS
Got out at about 7:40 and went to 15 sales. One house told me that they sold an N64 and IIRC an NES (might have been SNES) for 20 each last week which I didn't bother with since they didn't advertise the sale until a few hours after 12 Saturday, well after I got home and the stuff was probably sold before they listed the ad on CL anyways. Another house mentioned some Wii games and something else "Nintendo" that went right away. Last and certainly not least when I asked about video games at one house this guy mentioned having this stuff in his attic and went on to tell me he has an "Atari One" and how it's worth "20 grand" since he still has the box and some BS about it being worth so much because it's an early model. Can anyone top this over estimation on the "worth" of some old video game stuff?

Command & Conquer: Red Alert - Retaliation (PS1, No Manual) - 1
5 DS Cases & Manuals (No Games) - Free

PS1 game was asking price and DS games were a buck each but when I pointed out that they were empty they were going to throw them out so I asked if I could have them.

Non Find BS
Got out just before 7:30 and was out till just before 10, got to 20 sales with nothing worth mentioning happening and next to no (even dreck) video games to be seen.

Xbox (System Only) With Xbox Remote - 4
3 SNES Games With Mario Paint Mouse Pad - 13

The Xbox was 3 and the remote was 2 and the guy offered to do both for 4. No price on the Mouse Pad and when I asked it was a buck. The SNES games were 5 each but when I asked about doing better offered to do 12 for the 3.

2qbym40.jpg

SNES Stuff, Game Boy Stuff & Battle Arena Toshinden 2 - 35.50
5 N64 Games - 15
Pac-Man Adventures In Time (PC) - 1
Resident Evil (GC, No Manual) - 2
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions (Disc Only) - 1

I offered 30 for the SNES & Game Boy stuff which was countered with 34 (15 & 5 was the asking price at the yard sale the seller got them at) then added in 1.50 for the PS1 game. N64 games were asking 3 each and the other items were asking price. Game Boy games which are kind of hard to see are Kirby's Dream Land, The Rugrats Movie, Super Mario Land & Spot: The Cool Adventure.

I don't go out to flea markets too much as the scene here in Baltimore is pretty savage, but I still like to hit the semi-annual ones. I find they've got a good mix of people who are just there in lieu of having an actual yard sale, so I can get some pretty good deals. I hit one up this weekend, and here's what I got!

First up I found a Wii with cords, 2 remotes, and accessories for $10. I still need to test it, but even if it doesn't work it's worth that much for parts. I also found a couple of GBA link cables for $1, they along with the Wii will be going to the MAGFest cache.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23062]

Next up, some games/DVDs for my personal collection. Along the top row we have Okage (PS2), TMNT: Battlenexus (GC), Avatar: The Last Airbender (GC), The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning (PS2), The Emperor's New Groove, and Short Circuit. I paid $11 total for these. Along the bottom row are some NES games I picked up at a nearby yard sale, but I'll describe that over in the yard sale thread.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23061]

And finally, we have my favorite find of the day: a mint promotional standee for New Super Mario Bros. And it was only $5! I'm still deciding on the best place to put it, gotta make sure the cats don't mistake it for a scratching post...

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23060]

28vejhj.jpg

Tekken 5 (Complete) - 3
Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic (Complete) - 4
Spy vs Spy (Case & Manual) - 1
Super Mario All*Stars (Wii, Complete But No Extras) - 3
3 GBA Games (Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits Hard To See) - 3
Everything Else (Road Rash The Harder To See Game Gear Game & Nascar 08 In One of The PS2 Systems) - 18

Star Wars KOTOR was 5, offered 3 which was countered with 4. Spy vs Spy was 5 and does have the game in the case but when I pointed out the damage to the contacts the seller offered it for a buck. "Everything Else" was in a box, I saw Gauntlet & Brave Fencer Musashi (Missing The Manual & Front Insert) and when I asked the guy said he rather get rid of the whole box and wanted $15 so I figured I'd take a chance and look into what else what in the box when I got home. He also had another loose PS2 slim that he wanted 5 for which I countered with 3 to get up to 18 total. Not pictured but video game related were a bunch of empty cases (mostly sports games) and a Hyperscan (system only). Anything else I didn't mention in detail was asking price.

Seems like a lot of you guys are getting steals at these things. Are these usually good places to get stuff like this or do you have to be very careful when you're buying since there might be a lot of fakes or broken junk someone is trying to impart on unsuspecting buyers? There's two different flea markets around here and I'm considering visiting them sometime to see what all the fuss is about.

Seems like a lot of you guys are getting steals at these things. Are these usually good places to get stuff like this or do you have to be very careful when you're buying since there might be a lot of fakes or broken junk someone is trying to impart on unsuspecting buyers? There's two different flea markets around here and I'm considering visiting them sometime to see what all the fuss is about.
Most flea markets have some form of dedicated game vendor, so finding stuff is incredibly tough - but YMMV. I think FOnewearl is exceptionally lucky in that it seems like he has no competition. In three years of going to flea markets I've only had one good score, and it was the weekend the game vendor was out sick.

I avoid the year-round flea markets like the plague,as DOOMSTINK mentioned there's usually already people there picking over things and they're full of resellers (no deals to be had with them). I prefer the flea markets that happen once or twice a year in an area, as they're usually full of people selling there instead of at a yard sale, so you can find good stuff for cheap.

Most flea markets have some form of dedicated game vendor, so finding stuff is incredibly tough - but YMMV. I think FOnewearl is exceptionally lucky in that it seems like he has no competition. In three years of going to flea markets I've only had one good score, and it was the weekend the game vendor was out sick.
I definitely do have competition but it's certainly not as bad as most flea markets. I have been lucky this year in being the first to a good chunk of the interesting stuff. One guy was telling me he picked up a ColecoVision with games for $10 which had a copy of Texas Chainsaw Massacre for the 2600 in the mix. Besides that I only bared witness to or was told about by some of the other regulars I know about some common but popular type stuff I missed out on. One regular seller who started over the last year isn't really a gamer but does buy and sell old cart games has become the type to buy up games from other vendors to resell and he will pay too much at times just to be reselling especially locally.

This flea market used to seem like a magical place that was untouched by the influence of ebay/amazon and the whole use of them as a guideline of what stuff is worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of reseller activity in my area today with not too many people willing to give a discount on low-value stuff. Yard sales were a wash, but I did have some quality over quantity finds at a seasonal flea.

Sept28thFinds_zps5efd8f0d.jpg

Okay, the circumstances surrounding these three cart games was a bit insane. I run into a vendor who is not a reseller per se, but has things like a boxed SNES (console was a bit dirty) for $45, a loose NES console for $60, a boxed Super Scope for $80, a couple of pokemon games in the $20-40 area. They haven't been picked and still have a lot of good items that I'd like to jump on, but the prices are just generally prohibitive for true cheapassness to thrive. Anyhow here's what I was able to dig out from the loose carts at foot level:

Battletoads in Battlemaniacs - $25

Ninja Gaiden 3 - $10

TMNT: Tournament Fighters: $15

I'm guessing with the last two it was the case of a price check being out of date, so much so that they were somehow convinced to accept my pitch of $35 for the bundle. :hot:

As for the guide, I'm pretty sure it could be taken as evidence that God comes down and meddles with these Flea Markets now and then. I actually went off and checked a crappy block sale, ate some cereal, and came back to the Flea Market at about 11 AM. Mainly because I was wondering if the honey hole prices would come down and if the reseller on site would swoop in for the kill. Okay, so the prices remained firm and the reseller could only perform limited swooping. However, in another area there must have been a voice telling this middle-aged lady to bring out her hidden book box. Next to some Stephen King books and in plain view was the FF3! To think the last time (and only time) I found this guide locally I was overjoyed to pay $30. Here she was running a half-price sale, two books for 25 cents. That's almost like 12.5 cents for FF3, fuck Needless to say I gave her the full quarter for just the guide.

Last edited:
You gotta be sharp if a game vendor is on location; I've been able to make finds under their noses with my picker kung-fu, but they tend to be stronger on bulk lots with popular titles. For example if there's a $10 Super Mario World and $5 Pilotwings, I wouldn't be able to get anywhere haggling on those titles--but the game vendor could mark them up 2x.

So that FF III Guide is worth something? Got mine a long time ago for 50cents and it's been sitting in my bookshelf ever since. :lol:

So that FF III Guide is worth something? Got mine a long time ago for 50cents and it's been sitting in my bookshelf ever since. :lol:
In my opinion it's one of the Cadillacs of guide-collecting, maybe one of the best RPG guides ever made in terms of artwork and story immersion. Also stores in my area never carried Official Player's Guides in the SNES era-- as far as I knew they were only available through Nintendo Power's mail order service. It's basically the older generation's version of a pre-order Double Jump LE shiny thing.

In my opinion it's one of the Cadillacs of guide-collecting, maybe one of the best RPG guides ever made in terms of artwork and story immersion. Also stores in my area never carried Official Player's Guides in the SNES era-- as far as I knew they were only available through Nintendo Power's mail order service. It's basically the older generation's version of a pre-order Double Jump LE shiny thing.
didn't NP give copies of guides to subscribers as well? I could swear I got A link to the past, Killer Instinct and a few others that way...

You gotta be sharp if a game vendor is on location; I've been able to make finds under their noses with my picker kung-fu, but they tend to be stronger on bulk lots with popular titles. For example if there's a $10 Super Mario World and $5 Pilotwings, I wouldn't be able to get anywhere haggling on those titles--but the game vendor could mark them up 2x.
Most of the vendors at my local flea market have been there for ages (15 years or more) and they're more than happy to sit on inventory at whatever price they slap on it. I've had very little luck haggling with them on anything. My flea market does have a yard sale section where I get good deals, but the vendor always scopes it out before I get there. I only ever find PC games, because he won't touch those with a ten-foot pole (his loss).

didn't NP give copies of guides to subscribers as well? I could swear I got A link to the past, Killer Instinct and a few others that way...
That's the only way I ever remember getting them back then. My brother and I got all the Donkey Kong Country guides that way - in hindsight I really wish we had gotten a Mario RPG or Chrono Trigger guide (they were options)!

Good point, I remember getting Killer Instinct as a subscription promo.

Pretty good day today stopped at a small flea market/rummage sale the local VFW was having and picked up a Sega Dreamcast with controller and VMU and 3 games (Jet Grind Radio, Resident Evil Code Veronica disk 1 for DC and Digimon World for PS1) for $4. Then went to the flea market and got Revolution X for PS2 with original long box for $1 and some guy had a ton of rap cds on the floor but spotted Dark Souls and Midnight Club LA for PS3 among them, got them for 50 cents a piece. 

xm04me.jpg

9 Complete Genesis Sports Games - 2.25 (.25 Each)

10fq14g.jpg

3 2600 Games & Lunar Pool With Manual - 5
2 Genesis Games - 2
Complete N64 Game & Goomba Happy Meal Toy - 2

2600 games were asking a buck each & 2 for the NES game. Genesis games were with a Model 2 system with about 7 loose games for 25 but offered to do 20 offered a buck each for the games I got. N64 game was 3 but took 2 for it and the toy.

Grabbed a couple of things today. Nothing amazing but...

Need for Speed (3D0): CIB $5.00

The Lost Vikings (Gen): $4.00 (cart only)

General Chaos (Gen): $4.00 (cart only)

Of course not as good a deal after spending 10 for me and my wife to get in, but still had a good time so not so bad.

1zyai4h.jpg
28uin3n.jpg

Crazy Frog Racer 2 (Complete) - 1
22 Video Game Magazines - 20

Crazy Frog Racer 2 was asking price. The magazines were a buck each and took 20 for all of them, EGM #16 x2.

Non Find BS -
I got the flea market just before dawn and a few minutes later as I'm finishing looking around outside and am heading inside I run into the other gamer who started out inside and was lucky enough to start on the right end of things as he got IIRC 5 N64 games for 3 each with Diddy Kong Racing, Zelda OoT & Snow Board Kids 2 being the highlights. As I'm BSing with him he points out a seller at the flea market who slides in to clean up the sloppy seconds on the N64 games and buys anything left that isn't a sports game with F-Zero 64 being the best of the leftovers and Tetrisphere being the only game I don't already have which I wasn't too upset at missing for $3. I should have gone inside first as this guy does have games pretty regularly but can't complain with what I got for the bronze metal.

no7h34.jpg

5 2600 Games - 5
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (PS2, Map But No Manual), Super Smash Bros (Case Only) & Game Boy Player Start-Up Disc - 3

Atari games were asking 1 each, other games were 1.50 each and the case was added in for free since it was empty.

kdtjk2.jpg

Top Row $10.25
500XJ Controller - 2
Resident Evil 0 & 1, Blades of Steel & Tetrisphere - 14
Rough Looking GBA SP With Crap Game In It - 2
Slik Stik - 4

All disk based games with cases are complete. Crazy Taxi was in the case with Crazy Taxi 2. You can't tell so well in the picture but Perfect Dark Zero is the LE and I'm guessing it has everything it came with, it was marked 10, Kameo 5, Dreamcast 1.50 each & MGS3 .25. Got the 360 games for 4 & 3 and paid asking for the rest. 500XJ was 3 and took 2. GameCube games were 5 each but the guy offered to do 4 each so at first I offered to do 7 for Resident Evil & Blades of Steel (I'm pretty sure this guy was asking 6 each for his N64 & NES games). I then ended up getting the other 2 games for 7 then. GBA SP wouldn't turn on but was 2 bucks asking price. The Slik Stik was 5 and I offered 3 to which we ended up meeting in the middle at 4.

Got one of my best Flea Market deals in awhile, some guy had 3 for $2 CD's, and I was looking through, and was finding a bunch of metal cd's I didn't have (which metal cd's are hard to find even near that price) and then I came across a Resident Evil 3 Nemesis Soundtrack. I figured it was worth like $.66 so I got it. Just looked it up on Amazon, and the lowest price is $49.99 plus ship for it! There wasn't even a eBay listing on it, and none have been listed in the last few months! Here is the amazon link!

Got one of my best Flea Market deals in awhile, some guy had 3 for $2 CD's, and I was looking through, and was finding a bunch of metal cd's I didn't have (which metal cd's are hard to find even near that price) and then I came across a Resident Evil 3 Nemesis Soundtrack. I figured it was worth like $.66 so I got it. Just looked it up on Amazon, and the lowest price is $49.99 plus ship for it! There wasn't even a eBay listing on it, and none have been listed in the last few months! Here is the amazon link!
nice. depending on the "metal" there, i would have probably bought all of them. anything nongame related that was worth noting?

Today was the last day for our local outdoor flea market. Nothing worthwhile game-wise, but picked up a Robocop Blu-ray for $1 (and no I didn't say "I'll buy that for a dollar!") and two cds for $0.50 ea (Cappadonna's "The Pillage" and Nas's "Illmatic - 10th Anniversary Edition."

I also found Chris Hardwick's "The Nerdist Way" for $1. Read the intro so far, can't wait to read more of it after the kids go to bed.

Battlestations Midway and Sonic Mega Collection were $5 each. Tried to haggle to $9 for both, but no dice. 

Picked up Truman Show for $1. 

2iibeiv.jpg

Got these :)ps2: SMT: Nocturne and :ps2: SMT: DIgital Devil Saga 2) at a semi-local flea market today for $5 each which I thought was a pretty good deal. Also grabbed two 360 guitar hero controllers to flip - I've been doing pretty great with those lately since most resellers won't touch 'em.

I made an awesome find at a flea market I've never been to this past weekend. As I was walking around I spotted a guy with some Sega Genesis stuff: a system, some controllers (including the fightsticks), and a box of games. I was pretty shocked when I looking in the box, they were all titles I knew to be pretty good (I grew up on Nintendo so I'm not as familiar with them). Anyway, I got everything in the picture below for $100 - instant Genesis collection. Some of the highlights are Shining Force 1 and 2 (the latter is CiB), Streets of Rage 1-3, Phantasy Star 3 & 4,  Thunder Force 2 & 3, and Vectorman 1 & 2. Woo!

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23479]

bread's done
Back