2013 Yard Sale Thread

Holy Pikachu! Sweet find on the 64 bundle. My daughters would freak if I brought that home. Try to resist selling this one, I have a feeling it is only going to increase in value.

This SNOW needs to melt. I've got a major sale itch that thrift stores won't cure.

Yea , I noticed that Pikachu bundle is worth a fairly lofty price on the secondary market, regardless of the fact it looks good to boot.

I had the find of a lifetime last year with PS1 games and have kept/sold/traded some since then. But I don't know why I'm so attached to N64 games/bundles (probably nostalgia), I can't sell them and will probably hang it up and retire if I ever find a CIB gold N64 system in the wild.

Back on topic, I finally have two sales advertised around here so far on Saturday, time to get back in the saddle.

A local middle school near me is having a supposed "huge" rummage sale tomorrow. Hopefully I can find something good. Then Flea Market for the first time this year on sunday :)

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Yea , I noticed that Pikachu bundle is worth a fairly lofty price on the secondary market, regardless of the fact it looks good to boot.

I had the find of a lifetime last year with PS1 games and have kept/sold/traded some since then. But I don't know why I'm so attached to N64 games/bundles (probably nostalgia), I can't sell them and will probably hang it up and retire if I ever find a CIB gold N64 system in the wild.

Back on topic, I finally have two sales advertised around here so far on Saturday, time to get back in the saddle.[/QUOTE]

sorry for the dumb question, but there was a gold n64 console? FYI- never play n64. is the gold n64 rare or something?
Love the nes and snes back in the day.

We just got just under two feet of snow today but I have my first "yard sale"/Church Sale of the year tomorrow! After a long winter of no yard sales I am going to find it impossible to sleep tonight from excitement. After all this I probably won't find anything (didn't at the same sale last year) but it at least means the season has started!

People are starting to have "indoor yard sales" around here but only one sale doesn't make it worth the trip. Still about a month and a half away from regular sales around here and the fleamarket just doesn't cut it, the hunt is part of the fun.

I did however have a good find at Game X-change today; a cart only copy of Herzog Zwei for $3.95 in the common games section. I think the only reason it slipped by is because the price tag read "Herzog ZweL". Pretty happy, been looking to knock this one off my list for awhile.

Eh the indoor yard sales around me are normally overpriced crap, people post the same pictures every week with a small list of items and prices and "Email for viewing" which makes it the same as buying anything off Craigslist.

Me I like the pulling up to someones house and rummaging through 30 boxes and the adrenaline rush of finding that awesome deal. I actually had a T-Shirt made on Vista Print that I wear to yard sales that lists the things I am interested in (like the list they pass out on American Pickers) so if they didn't out it out at the yard sale sometimes they run in to grab stuff without me even having to ask!

The church and community sales are really up there for me though, sometimes you can get 30 or 40 people all set up at them so you get that many chances of finding something without having to drive to and from.

I still have until May really before they begin to pick up here in NY. Have quite the itch to get out and go though. Plan on getting Fridays off this summer from work as that seems to be the big day for them in this area. Don't miss out on too much when you don't go on Saturdays.

Nothing at that "huge" rummage sale. Apparently there was an early bird special where you could pay $2 and get in an hour early. Some dude came in bought all the video game stuff. The lady said he bought a bunch of boxed N64 games, a system and controllers :(

Only one sale today, about a month to go before the season really starts up. Managed to snag:
- N64 system with Mario Kart, Ocarina of Time, and Star Wars Racer for $3.
- Mike Tyson's Punch & Mario Bros. 2 for NES for $0.50 each.
- $30 worth of CD's & DVD's for trading for $7.

[quote name='trollape74']Nothing at that "huge" rummage sale. Apparently there was an early bird special where you could pay $2 and get in an hour early. Some dude came in bought all the video game stuff. The lady said he bought a bunch of boxed N64 games, a system and controllers :([/QUOTE]

Similar to my rummage sale I went to. Guy who was friends with one of the people running it lined up at 7am, saw him walking out with 50+ NIB LEGO sets for 25c each and two boxes full of video games.

Haven't Yard Saling in a while. I really want to though. ><

But I know how you guys feel. It's depressing to see that kind of stuff happen. :(

[quote name='Olengie']Haven't Yard Saling in a while. I really want to though. ><

But I know how you guys feel. It's depressing to see that kind of stuff happen. :([/QUOTE]

Hey, I figure for standing outside in the cold for 2 hours waiting for the rummage sale to open he deserves all the gems. Nature of yard sales you win some you lose some, just means you have to learn how to make sure you win the next time.

Got a copy of Metroid Prime Echoes and Wind Waker for $2 a piece
PS2 Fat with no cords or controllers for $1
Final Fantasy IX discs only for #$1

Just held my first yard sale yesterday. Parents had some random things / furniture looking to clear out the garage.

I had a lot of random games, nes, snes, n64, ps2, gamecube, gameboy pocket / color / advance, ds, wii.
Sold sports games for $1 each, gameboy games for $1, and everything else $2 each.
Had a lot of random accessories for $0.50-$3 each including wii charging stations, n64 cases, etc.

And, probably sold this one too cheap, but my brother was happy with the money (his system) CiB black gamecube for $22, name brand controller.
Sold 2 gamecube systems complete, off brand controller for $10 each.
An incomplete n64, and incomplete gamecube (missing controllers and power cords) for $5 each.

First guy bought all my systems from me, I believe his kid was a reseller, and he sort of knew what to look for.

Next big buy was a collector who bought a lot of random games, and some accessories from me. I imagine he tries to collect everything, and bought from me what he didnt have. Things like rocket power for gameboy, sega bass fishing (snes), etc.

Had a few more things in the house that I forgot to bring out that I think hed of bought.

Overall I was happy with my sale, sold stuff that pretty much wouldnt sell online, or would be expensive to ship. And I got $122 in profit.

Everything I sold was accumulated through yardsaling for several months, and CL ads for about 10 months.

After 11 AM we set out signs saying everything is $1, sold a kitchen table for $1 lol
Was either get paid $1 for it, or have to lug it to the trash.

Well, I've been meaning to post these and finally got around to it. Here my sale adventures so far this year:

8563221751_0bae4e753a_z.jpg

I was taking my son out for the day since the wife had asked us to get out for a bit so she could have some people over. No biggie.

We headed into the big city of Cuba (pop 2000 approx) and hit all the thrift stores and pawn shops. While we were just about ready to head back home, I noticed a sale that somebody had set up in a supermarket parking lot.

I pulled up an immediately saw games. I asked my son if he wanted to go up and look but he said no. So I walked up and started rummaging through the box of games and the lady running it says that the are $2 each. I said OK and picked out about $20 worth of games that seemed decent to flip or that I wanted to keep.

I walked up to her with my games and said that I would pay her what I had or I'd offer her $40 for all the games she had.She said yes and I started loading stuff up. However, I did not realize that there was another box of SNES stuff hidden under a table. So I got it too!

Notable games:

Castlevania i & II
Adventure Island
Metroid Super Mario Bros 3

Tecmo Super Bowl III
Legend of Zelda: LTTP
Mortal Kombat 2, 3, and Ultimate 3

Mario Kart 64

Also there was a PS2 network adapter that usually you can get close to $20 out of. All in all, an awesome find!

8564324170_40bbb6fd69_z.jpg

This was a change. There was an ad on our local forum that said:

"Same systems for sale. need gone ASAP"

I called the lady and she told me she had an xbox and a couple PS2s and everything worked and there were a couple games with them.

I headed to her home as per her directions and she showed my the game systems. as I started going through it she also said "This goes with it too" and put a black wii in the box. In the box there were the following items:

Black Nintendo Wii with Power and Component
Regular Xbox
Fat PS2
Slim PS2
PSX system
2x PS1 controllers
PS2 controller
AV and power for fat PS2/PS1
BackBreacker (PS3)
God of War I & II (PS3)
Other garbage games that wouldn't book since they were scratched up so much.

The kicker, she wanted to $20 for everything. I'll tell you though, it stunk. SHe was a smoker and had a LOT of cats and dogs i nthe house. But it wasn't anything CLorox wipes and febreeze didn't handle.

As a side note, the PS1 and fat PS2 didn't work. I had the Xbox fixed though for free and the wii and PS2 slim worked great!

[quote name='drtomoe123']Got this beauty for $5 at a sale this weekend.

9c5CONc.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'm literally drooling right now......I had a bad experience at a yard sale with a vectrex so I'm extremely jealous at the fact you got it for 5 bucks......nice steal ;)

Got out this weekend
Stopped at one sale that was advertising N64's and a gamecube. They had 3 N64's complete, controllers were in bad shape, and a handful of clean cart only games. The also had a GC with 4 controllers, complete double dash and a handful of sports games. They also had a NES with a few common games.

I pulled the GC aside and talked to the lady, a few kids came up and while I was aksing about the 64 snagged the few cart games and asked her how much she said she would only sell the N64 for $65. She wanted $40 for the GC, I offered $30 for the system, 2 controllers , memory card and DD.

She said I could have the other 2 controllers for $35 total. I took it.

Next sale I hit was an estate sale that listed Wii and ps2 games. I got there just as they opened, I asked about games and the lady brought out a big box of wii games. I quickly snagged Mario Kart Wii, Mario All Stars LE with sealed soundtrack, Bit Trip disc only, New Super mario bros disc only, Mark Kart Wii, Twilight Princess, Simpsons game ps2, Capcom Classic Col vol 1 ps2, Silent Hill 2 ps2 and futurama (former rental case). All the other games were complete unless noted.

I left a few common wii games. I should have snagged boom blox, and maybe RE4/Simpsons Hit and Run/Simpsons Road Rage for ps2. She wanted $2 a piece and let me take what I had for $10. She had a Wii as well but wanted $100.

I've never found or seen futurama in the wild. I played the Xbox version years ago and it was amusing. Most of this stuff will probably be sold, although I am tempted to keep Futurama/Silent Hill 2 and I did get the Simpsons game/Capcom classics col vol1 for myself

[quote name='TheHelix']It's been awhile since I've posted here but does anyone know what happened to slowdive?[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen him or floopy on here in a long time. No idea.

Went to an advertising as posted on Craigslist and it turned out be a yard sale from a seller operating out of his home. It had a lot of accessories, more than games. The prices weren't awesome, but they weren't bad ($10 for an SNES controller) , comparable to what I would find at mom and pop stores ($50 for a complete NES system). He was open to lowering prices, which was good. I ended up with an ASCII SNES pad and Street Fighter II.
I found a few Japanese games, and I didn't know there was such a thing called "Designmon," which is a Super Famicom software that apparently let one build their own SHMUP from music to enemies or something.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Went to an advertising as posted on Craigslist and it turned out be a yard sale from a seller operating out of his home. It had a lot of accessories, more than games. The prices weren't awesome, but they weren't bad ($10 for an SNES controller) , comparable to what I would find at mom and pop stores ($50 for a complete NES system). He was open to lowering prices, which was good. I ended up with an ASCII SNES pad and Street Fighter II.
I found a few Japanese games, and I didn't know there was such a thing called "Designmon," which is a Super Famicom software that apparently let one build their own SHMUP from music to enemies or something.[/QUOTE]

We have all discussed this to death already, but, craigslist ads advertising games are totally useless because one of 4 things will happen:

1. its a reseller who is too lazy to sell at a flea market or ebay but still expects to get ebay prices

2. a reseller will wait outside the house at 4am waiting for the sale to start and beat you to the items every time

3. a reseller will email the seller and buy everything the day before the sale starts

4. most people being really specific and listing something like "nintendo with games" or "super nintendo" have already looked on ebay and want some crazy price like $100 for a dirty NES with the door broken off because "they go for that much on ebay!"

I dont know most of the sales in my area that list games are selling them really cheap. But those are good points.

Ugh on the same topic I just came back from a yard sale that advertised 100s of PS3, 360 and other games "ridiculously cheap". Ended up being someone who was buying all $2.99 games from Gamestop and marking them $10 each saying they are normally $60. There must have been 25 copies of Gears of War 1.

They were also selling all the things you get for free with coupons (razors, body wash, shampoo, etc.) and toys that were just 90% off at Target all for their original prices.

And of course prices were firm on everything because they said everything will sell out by the end of tomorrow.

Waste of an hour and gas, can't wait until yard sales really start for the year so it isn't trekking out for one yard sale.

Today was the first day of the year here where there were a lot of sales advertised. I didn't find anything to play, but I found a nice flip. Nascar Racing 2003 Season for PC for $2. This is the third or fourth one I've found around here. I love finding them because they're always priced cheap and turn a really nice profit.

Been reading yard sales here and cant believe how cag here get stuff for so cheap. I live in the rockville, md area and tried many times. I went to 3 yard sales today. 1st one was at wheaton, Md there was many people there. Crap kid wii game (only 3)
mostly toys, clothes, and they sold all there star wars stuff.
2nd one had nothing but old vhs and tools.

As I was driving, I saw a yard sale down the road. They had fishing rod, health rider, and some old stuff like a ab roller. I saw a White wii sitting ont he table, but had other stuff like wires and cases on top. The Wii is the BC that can play Gamecube. It was dirty with no Cover for the gamecube controller port and the wii senor wires were broken. She asked for $25. I looked around and a guy purchase a fishing rod for $5!!(I was about to get it) Anyway, she seems that she didnt know much about the wii and said that it was her 14 year old son. I offer $5, but she said since the wire was broken and had no controllers would consider $7. As I took my wallet out she said $5 was fine since didnt have any other video game stuff and didnt want to wake her son up. So $5 for a wii system i take a risk. I got home and it turns on. Its on the wii menu. It appears to work fine, but im not sure since I dont have a Wii senor. I do have wii remote and gamecube controller. My question is,

1. Anywhere to get cheap wii senor?

2. How did I do? This is my second find in a yard sale since my area for some reason people really dont sell video games much or overprice it. (1st find was 3 gameboy pokemon yellow, silver, red for $.50 each)

3. Any way to replace the outer casing? I dont like white and perfer black casing or something cool like a retro nes (refer to gba sp nes edition)

Im still a newb in these yard sales. I dont go much since i do work a lot.
Please dont bash. We were all new at one point. Other feedback are welcome. Thanks.

[quote name='The Punisher']Been reading yard sales here and cant believe how cag here get stuff for so cheap. I live in the rockville, md area and tried many times. I went to 3 yard sales today. 1st one was at wheaton, Md there was many people there. Crap kid wii game (only 3)
mostly toys, clothes, and they sold all there star wars stuff.
2nd one had nothing but old vhs and tools.

As I was driving, I saw a yard sale down the road. They had fishing rod, health rider, and some old stuff like a ab roller. I saw a White wii sitting ont he table, but had other stuff like wires and cases on top. The Wii is the BC that can play Gamecube. It was dirty with no Cover for the gamecube controller port and the wii senor wires were broken. She asked for $25. I looked around and a guy purchase a fishing rod for $5!!(I was about to get it) Anyway, she seems that she didnt know much about the wii and said that it was her 14 year old son. I offer $5, but she said since the wire was broken and had no controllers would consider $7. As I took my wallet out she said $5 was fine since didnt have any other video game stuff and didnt want to wake her son up. So $5 for a wii system i take a risk. I got home and it turns on. Its on the wii menu. It appears to work fine, but im not sure since I dont have a Wii senor. I do have wii remote and gamecube controller. My question is,

1. Anywhere to get cheap wii senor?

2. How did I do? This is my second find in a yard sale since my area for some reason people really dont sell video games much or overprice it. (1st find was 3 gameboy pokemon yellow, silver, red for $.50 each)

3. Any way to replace the outer casing? I dont like white and perfer black casing or something cool like a retro nes (refer to gba sp nes edition)

Im still a newb in these yard sales. I dont go much since i do work a lot.
Please dont bash. We were all new at one point. Other feedback are welcome. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You did ok. Look for a wireless sensor bar. The controllers aren't too expensive used at GameStop.

I live in northern va. If Rockville is like here, you need to get out early and just try to go to as many sales as possible. I've had better luck in rich areas than poor areas around here, but you really never know what you'll find.

Good luck!

[quote name='yourlefthand']You did ok. Look for a wireless sensor bar. The controllers aren't too expensive used at GameStop.

I live in northern va. If Rockville is like here, you need to get out early and just try to go to as many sales as possible. I've had better luck in rich areas than poor areas around here, but you really never know what you'll find.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

I already have remotes from sears clearance of flingsmash.
I got out early like 7:30am. But around here there isnt much yard sales. I use yard sale search site to see if there was any today. I also got pull over while using a gps on my phone. I didnt know u can get pull over for looking at your phone? Thansk for the feedback

[quote name='kube00']Picked up a 500 7200 RPM Sata Drive for $5. Hopefully its good, guy said it was only a year old....[/QUOTE]

Thats good if it works. does hard drive die within 2-5 years?

[quote name='The Punisher']I already have remotes from sears clearance of flingsmash.
I got out early like 7:30am. But around here there isnt much yard sales. I use yard sale search site to see if there was any today. I also got pull over while using a gps on my phone. I didnt know u can get pull over for looking at your phone? Thansk for the feedback[/QUOTE]

This was a holiday weekend, so sales were probably pretty slow.

Doesn't MD have a law against cell phone use while driving?

[quote name='yourlefthand']You did ok. Look for a wireless sensor bar. The controllers aren't too expensive used at GameStop.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

Are you my arch nemesis?!? I've seen the same guy at multiple yard sales in the past, prtty much going after what I would (games, DVDs, etc)

[quote name='The Punisher']1. Anywhere to get cheap wii senor?

3. Any way to replace the outer casing? I dont like white and perfer black casing or something cool like a retro nes (refer to gba sp nes edition)[/QUOTE]

1. eBay, of course. As far as I'm concerned, it should always be one of the first places you check for stuff like this. If you don't mind waiting for overseas shipping, you can get one for just under $3 shipped. If you're impatient and want something domestic, you can pay a dollar more for a wireless one or slightly more than that for a wired one. In the meantime, if you would like to give the Wii a test run, light two candles and set them about 6 inches apart. You can use that in place of a sensor bar to do a quick run through the menus and whatnot.

2. Not bad. $5 is a good price for just about any console. I don't have much commentary beyond that.

3. You sure can, but this is the cheapest one I see at the moment. You may want to look around a bit. Or you could try spray-painting the current case.

[quote name='ZombieToast']1. eBay, of course. As far as I'm concerned, it should always be one of the first places you check for stuff like this. If you don't mind waiting for overseas shipping, you can get one for just under $3 shipped. If you're impatient and want something domestic, you can pay a dollar more for a wireless one or slightly more than that for a wired one. In the meantime, if you would like to give the Wii a test run, light two candles and set them about 6 inches apart. You can use that in place of a sensor bar to do a quick run through the menus and whatnot.

2. Not bad. $5 is a good price for just about any console. I don't have much commentary beyond that.

3. You sure can, but this is the cheapest one I see at the moment. You may want to look around a bit. Or you could try spray-painting the current case.[/QUOTE]

Shortly after wii release I remember watching a guy play with a lit menorah (7 candle hannakah)

[quote name='yourlefthand']This was a holiday weekend, so sales were probably pretty slow.

Doesn't MD have a law against cell phone use while driving?[/QUOTE]

i guess. i didnt know since i dont use my phone much while driving. I was using the gps on my phone to go to a yard sale

[quote name='ZombieToast']1. eBay, of course. As far as I'm concerned, it should always be one of the first places you check for stuff like this. If you don't mind waiting for overseas shipping, you can get one for just under $3 shipped. If you're impatient and want something domestic, you can pay a dollar more for a wireless one or slightly more than that for a wired one. In the meantime, if you would like to give the Wii a test run, light two candles and set them about 6 inches apart. You can use that in place of a sensor bar to do a quick run through the menus and whatnot.

3. You sure can, but this is the cheapest one I see at the moment. You may want to look around a bit. Or you could try spray-painting the current case.[/QUOTE]

The trick worked! I tested the console and it does play gamecube and wii games fine. I also posted help on another forum. Please look below as i have a few questions.

So i just got a white wii for $5 at a yard sale. (look at yard sale forum)

I tested the console with the candle trick. It does play gamecube and wii games fine. Its a 4.3U whatever that means.

Now the wii menu. It has like nintendo channel, mii, nextflix, etc.

I notice a homebrew and usb channel? What is that? When i click on the homebrew channel, it shows a blue under water screensaver, but is blank?
What is this used for?

Also, when i click on nextflix, a white screen says go to wii update (Ididnt do it) , but i hit the home button to prevent update.

Is it safe to update? what is the homebrew channel and what is used for usb channel?

I dont have knowledge of the wii since i just got one and any info would help.

Also, looking for info. to swap outer housing case to a black color if possible. Is it easy to do? I dont soldier. Thanks

[quote name='evuong']Are you my arch nemesis?!? I've seen the same guy at multiple yard sales in the past, prtty much going after what I would (games, DVDs, etc)[/QUOTE]

Are you in loudoun county? That's where I do most of my looking. There was a guy on here named floopy that used to mostly be around Manassas a lot.

[quote name='yourlefthand']Are you in loudoun county? That's where I do most of my looking. There was a guy on here named floopy that used to mostly be around Manassas a lot.[/QUOTE]

I usually venture out around Fairfax/Chantilly/Centreville/Herndon area, occasionally South Riding. I was out in Herndon about a week ago, and every sale I went to, I asked about video games. They all responded with "Someone else asked about that earlier" or "someone came and bought everything when I was setting up" :cry:

[quote name='The Punisher']The trick worked! I tested the console and it does play gamecube and wii games fine. I also posted help on another forum. Please look below as i have a few questions.

So i just got a white wii for $5 at a yard sale. (look at yard sale forum)

I tested the console with the candle trick. It does play gamecube and wii games fine. Its a 4.3U whatever that means.

Now the wii menu. It has like nintendo channel, mii, nextflix, etc.

I notice a homebrew and usb channel? What is that? When i click on the homebrew channel, it shows a blue under water screensaver, but is blank?
What is this used for?

Also, when i click on nextflix, a white screen says go to wii update (Ididnt do it) , but i hit the home button to prevent update.

Is it safe to update? what is the homebrew channel and what is used for usb channel?

I dont have knowledge of the wii since i just got one and any info would help.

Also, looking for info. to swap outer housing case to a black color if possible. Is it easy to do? I dont soldier. Thanks
[/QUOTE]

Homebrew and USB means its modded to play backup games most likely....im sure talkin about that here is sketchy so i wont go much further

Had some good finds this weekend:

8607266227_df8abf80e7_z.jpg

Took my son to an Easter Egg hunt on this morning and happened to see this sale as we were leaving. I saw a stack of Wii games and asked the price on them. The kid ther told me $2 each. I asked him if he'd take $10 for them all and he agreed. I then asked if he had any other games and he said he thought he had another in the house. He then came back out with a single cart only DS game that he said he'd throw in. Here's the total of stuff:

Chaotix: Shadow Warriors
Warioland Shake I!
Bakugan: Battle Brawlers
Ben 10: Protector of Earth
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
Bakugan: Defenders of the Core
Spectrobes: Beyond the Portals (DS)

All for $10!

8607267605_9f7130724d_z.jpg

After the Wii game sale, I kept heading down the road and found this sale. I immediately saw this and picked it up. It was the DDR Mario Mix Dance Pad and box. I already had the game so this was a nice compliment to it and I only paid $3 for it and the box.

Finally starting to warm up in NY. Went to my first one recently. Got to say I hate when you go to a sale, and when you ask for a price on something, they bring out their print out of the latest ebay sales. I just turn around and leave.

First of the season.

Picked up two Gamecubes. One for $3 that's black and has the power cord. Another for $2 that's purple and had the Gameboy Player attachment.

Oh and a 1970's Darton SL2000 compound bow for $3. Apparently it's worth $50-ish, but I'm just gonna hang it on my wall.

[quote name='pyoobez']First of the season.

Picked up two Gamecubes. One for $3 that's black and has the power cord. Another for $2 that's purple and had the Gameboy Player attachment.

Oh and a 1970's Darton SL2000 compound bow for $3. Apparently it's worth $50-ish, but I'm just gonna hang it on my wall.[/QUOTE]

Nice fine on the bow.

[quote name='The Punisher']Nice fine on the bow.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I tried to find a going rate on it, but can't find much on the specific model other than probably around $50-ish.

I got around to taking a photo to show a friend as I know very little about them.

168v48y.jpg

Almost every spot of metal has rust on it, but I think I'm just gonna clean it up, remove the sight and arrow holder piece and hang it above my entertainment center.

Today was the first day of the Cuba, MO city wide yard sale. Found some cool stuff and have people bringing me items tomorrow. Here's what I got today:

8621926729_ec87888395_z.jpg

This was one of the first sales I came to on the Cuba city-wide yard sale today. A friend of mine was looking for a Talkboy for his wife and I found this one. It didn't have the voice changer tape but I paid $1 for the Talkboy and Afterburner Tiger game

8621785555_bdb7f92456_z.jpg

Avin saw these 2 dinosaurs immediately at this sale. He was thrilled when they were a buck each. Took them both home and the work great!

8621929837_4863479456_z.jpg

This was a gamble for these games. I almost didn't pick them up and I don't think I would have missed anything if I hadn't but for $3 I can't complain. I got:

Story Hour Fairy Tales (Wii)
Rogue Trooper (PS2)
Guitar Hero On Tour DS Grip

I'll probably trade them into the local gamestore today.

8623036222_3a6068a637_z.jpg

All the CDs at this sale were a quarter each. I asked the lady if she'd take a collar for 5 and she did. I got:

REO Speedwagon: The Hits
Billy Joel: The Millennium Concert Disc 1
Queen: Greatest Hits
Big & Rich
Gameshark 2 Version 4 disc for PS2

8621935817_fa48ac43c0_z.jpg

This house was a sale I go to every year and always do well. However, today was probebly the best score. I looked around and picked up all the non sports SNES games for $2 each while my wife was looking at clothes for Avin. After we got everything together we had:

2 shirt and 1 pair of pants
Firepower 2000 (SNES)
Super Adventure Island (SNES)
King of Dragons (SNES)

I offered $7 for it all and it was taken. Really been wanting King of Dragons for a while now too.

8623042778_45d3acea5b_z.jpg

Pulled up to this sale and looked around. I almost didn't stop as it was mostly little girl clothes and I didn't want to feel like a creep. Glad I stopped though. I picked up:

NES console
Power & A/V cord
Controllers (x3)
Super Mario Bros 3 (x2)
Tag Team Wrestling

They were asking $8 so I offered them $5 and it was mine!

8621942681_0fd39e983c_z.jpg

This was the last sale of the morning I headed to. I saw the sign and was drawn to it. I looked around and found:

Dungeons and Dragons Expert Set 1012
Odyssey 2 with foam, manual, and game
Radical Dungeons and Dragons themed stein

I offered $5 for it all and he countered with $8 as it was all marked $11 to start. As a side story, he explained to me that there was a local lady in town who custom made the stein for him and fired it in her own kiln. It really does look handmade and it is really awesome!

More pics of the stein as well :) I'm going to take it to the next Pathfinder game day.

8623048656_3e824eba02_z.jpg

8623050806_9cd939a937_z.jpg

I hit up a moving sale on the way to work.

Sign said "DS GAMES $2"

I offer ten bucks for all, was accepted without comment.

I have another one to post, but no pictures until I get home later.
Two different women mentioned calls they had gotten on these items. :D

bread's done
Back