2013 Yard Sale Thread

Had a fairly good day today

Picked up a box set DVD 2 movies and Zelda Link to the past manual (cover somewhat beat, inside is pristine) $1

Beowulf (book) $0.50

The suffering :ps2: and Tactics uprising :ps2: $2.50 for both

:br: The Gladiator $3

some random old books (free)

aside from things like guitar hero games were extremely sparse

[quote name='SlammedNiss']you're selling RB/GH guitars for $40/each? Or am I reading that incorrectly?[/QUOTE]

eBay just the 360 ones. $40 each though yeah. I sold one of those today actually for $40. So that one paid for all of them. Keep an eye out guys. Sorry I didn't know this was a big tip. :)

Visted a flea market today - picked up:

Streets of Rage 1, Genesis - CIB $10

Altered Beast, Genesis - CIB $7

and find of the day: Elemental Gimmick Gear, Dreamcast - CIB $3

[quote name='Sivarticus']eBay just the 360 ones. $40 each though yeah. I sold one of those today actually for $40. So that one paid for all of them. Keep an eye out guys. Sorry I didn't know this was a big tip. :)[/QUOTE]

My question is why only the 360 ones are worth anything?

[quote name='Kovorkian']My question is why only the 360 ones are worth anything?[/QUOTE]

wii typically requires a wii remote and was not as popular for GH/RB games.

PS3 requires a dongle that is frequently missing.

[quote name='Sivarticus']eBay just the 360 ones. $40 each though yeah. I sold one of those today actually for $40. So that one paid for all of them. Keep an eye out guys. Sorry I didn't know this was a big tip. :)[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing these have rebounded in price . . . if they were going for less in the past, many of us still have that in mind.

I do that with other things . . . like Luigi's Mansion (GC). I was happy to get $20 for it in 2011 and then amazed to get $45 this past holiday.

I just steer clear of the RB/GH stuff because of the bulk, risk of it not working, and fear of low prices. But I will now keep an eye out for Xbox guitars that are cheap and that look good. ;-)

Yeah, do that :) I just sold another one this morning for $40. I personally steer clear of rock band though, those guitars aren't as easy to take the neck off for shipping purposes. At least in my experience. I have a brand new fender for rock band from a yard sale I bought for 10, not a clue as to how to get rid of it lol.

Good luck out there guys, I love these threads. We are like modern day treasure hunters.

They go for more on Amazon, for some reason. A few weeks back, my last two GH3 guitars went for about $70 each.

Also, keep in mind that the wireless PS3 guitars are supposed to come with USB dongles, and without them, they're unusable; so that may be the reason for the lower going rate on them.

[quote name='sp00ge']

Also, keep in mind that the wireless PS3 guitars are supposed to come with USB dongles, and without them, they're unusable; so that may be the reason for the lower going rate on them.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to expand on this as well. PS3 dongles can support 2 guitars so if you have a PS3 guitar but no dongle, it may be worth waiting to find a guitar with a dongle and sell them all together.

I have 2 360 guitars I need to sell. 2 quick questions: How do you dismantle the necks of the guitar and what is the cheapest method of shipment for these things?

[quote name='alexkidd4']I have 2 360 guitars I need to sell. 2 quick questions: How do you dismantle the necks of the guitar and what is the cheapest method of shipment for these things?[/QUOTE]

Guitar hero guitars are easy. They have locks in the back for the regular type and under the battery compartment for warriors or rock model guitars. Rock band ones are another story. I get server boxes from work for these as I find it easier to ship them complete as you are relying on the intelligence of the buyer to put it back together if dismantled.

[quote name='alexkidd4']I have 2 360 guitars I need to sell. 2 quick questions: How do you dismantle the necks of the guitar and what is the cheapest method of shipment for these things?[/QUOTE]

I think some folks on here have the same method I do.
What I do is get a pack of Large Flat Rate game board boxes https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?categoryNav=false&navAction=jump&navCount=0&productId=P_GB_FRB&categoryId=subcatMSS_PriorityMail. Use 1 full box plus a part of another to get the right length.

Also, the Post Offices around me have free Priority Mail tape if you ask for it at the counter. I use that tape to join the boxes together.

[quote name='mdc921']I think some folks on here have the same method I do.
What I do is get a pack of Large Flat Rate game board boxes https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?categoryNav=false&navAction=jump&navCount=0&productId=P_GB_FRB&categoryId=subcatMSS_PriorityMail. Use 1 full box plus a part of another to get the right length.

Also, the Post Offices around me have free Priority Mail tape if you ask for it at the counter. I use that tape to join the boxes together.[/QUOTE]

Or you can order the stuff free from USPS.com (the tape, I mean, in addition to boxes). I keep a stockpile of boxes, tape, pouches, etc in my storage unit for my business. The mail carrier hates me when I order to restock, since I usually get 20-30 cases at a time.

Sometimes the postal employees are reluctant to give away supplies, especially if you want more than one of something.

EDIT: Scratch that about the tape; they must have removed it from the online store...

So how exactly does that work? I mean, they are supposed to be flat rate boxes, obviously, so what does it cost when you frankenstein two of them together like that? And for that matter, what do those board game boxes cost to ship on their own?

I know that, that's partly why I was confused. Also note that it clearly says the words "flat rate" right there in the name of it, true or not.

Wow, I haven't ordered anything other than flat rate envelopes in a long time. They used to have more non-flat rate stuff, I specifically remember the board game boxes being non-flat rate.

In that case, it says it's the Large Flat Rate box, which is $16.85.
However, if his PO lets him alter a flat rate box and still ship it that price they're crazy. If they actually take them, they should charge him the standard Priority rate for the weight.

ya know, this actually makes some sense. Hardly anywhere takes these things in trade and they didn't exactly sell well on ebay/amazon = lots of them in the trash. So, this situation where they're kinda in demand actually makes sense. I bet full working Rockband set ups will be going for ridiculous prices in about 5 years.

[quote name='jer7583']no, but fortunately at that size the difference between composite and S-Video isn't huge. Especially if you have a SNES Jr. Those machines are some kind of magic, it's the clearest Composite signal I've ever seen.

I'm working on component modding an older SNES that's actually a launch model with the encoder chip. It's harder than it seems and there's a lot of confusing information.
[/QUOTE]

ah, I didn't even think of that about s-video/size of the screen. that would explain why it's tough to find those at small sizes.

I just amassed a giant PS1 collection over the past month and the last piece I need is a CRT. The system does look surprisingly decent over S-video on my plasma...I did a quick comparison of RE2 on PS1 over S-video vs. the PSN version on PS3 via component and the PS1 looked better to me. I might have had my sharpness jacked up a bit on the PS3 input though, so I need to re-run that.

I'm considering skipping all of that and just getting a sony broadcast monitor, though that would be a bit more expensive since I can't find them locally.

The boxes that are not labeled flat rate you could Frankenstein together and ship by weight. Board game boxes are same as large flat rate box.

[quote name='sp00ge']Or you can order the stuff free from USPS.com (the tape, I mean, in addition to boxes). I keep a stockpile of boxes, tape, pouches, etc in my storage unit for my business. The mail carrier hates me when I order to restock, since I usually get 20-30 cases at a time.

Sometimes the postal employees are reluctant to give away supplies, especially if you want more than one of something.

EDIT: Scratch that about the tape; they must have removed it from the online store...[/QUOTE]

Yeh they removed the free tape quite a while ago since people were abusing it.

I think this is the one I use to ship guitars (1095): https://store.usps.com/store/browse...Id=P_O_1095&categoryId=subcatMSS_PriorityMail

Same concept as stated above; use one and a half of these boxes, taped together. Bubble wrapped separately, the body and neck fit side-by-side in one box, but the neck sticks out a few inches. Use the other half box to extend the box to cover the neck.

If you do it right, it doesn't sound nearly as ghetto as it sounds.

So I did pretty amazing on Saturday. Had a town wide yard sale with 60+ yard sales in the town I grew up in, so I spent all day there. My first stop of the day was also my best as I scored:

Funtastic Atomic Blue Nintendo 64 w/ Expansion Pak & Matching controller
3 Official Nintendo 64 controllers (Green, Black and Red)
1 3rd Party Controller
1 3rd Party Memory Card
1 1st Party Memory Card
4 Crappy sports games
F-Zero X
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer
Star Wars Shadow of the Empire
Diddy Kong Racing
Killer Instinct Gold
Super Mario 64
Star Wars Rogue Squadron
Turok
Turok 2 Seeds of Evil
Goldeneye
Banjo Kazooie
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart 64
Conker's Bad Fur Day
All games included their original manuals and inserts, as well as the hard plastic cases.

All of that was in a box for $5

Then a NES with 2 controllers, Zapper, cables and Mario/Duck Hunt for $5

Kawasaki Dual Screen portable DVD player with carrying case for $5

Bose Acoustimass AM-5 speaker system with white cubes and black subwoofer - $5

Bose Lifestyle 20 surround sound system - $10

Then at another yard sale I scored Skylanders Spyro's Adventure and Skylander's Giants both with portal for Xbox 360 along with 41 Skylanders figures all for $70. Highlights of those were Boomer and the Dark Crypt with Ghost Rooster.

Had a few other smaller finds like framed Pokemon poster for 25 cents, Bioshock for PC for 25 cents.

Gotta love conkers. Great pick ups.

My parents have started yaradsailing a little lately, they picked up .hack mutation, .hack infection, start ocean til the end of time, sonic adventure dx (GC) and several other not soo valuable games for $5

Both .hacks have the dvd, and one has manual.

[quote name='sp00ge']I think this is the one I use to ship guitars (1095): https://store.usps.com/store/browse...Id=P_O_1095&categoryId=subcatMSS_PriorityMail

Same concept as stated above; use one and a half of these boxes, taped together. Bubble wrapped separately, the body and neck fit side-by-side in one box, but the neck sticks out a few inches. Use the other half box to extend the box to cover the neck.

If you do it right, it doesn't sound nearly as ghetto as it sounds.[/QUOTE]
Did you copy that from another post of yours?
I swear you've explained this before and said the "doesn't sound nearly as ghetto as it sounds" before.:lol:

[quote name='mguiddy']Did you copy that from another post of yours?
I swear you've explained this before and said the "doesn't sound nearly as ghetto as it sounds" before.:lol:[/QUOTE]

You know, I *did* type that all before in the thrift thread. That explains the deja vu... :lol:

Had a fun time yard saling this weekend. Friday I went to several rummage sales along with a few other sales here's what I got

DSC08044_zpsd34c4285.jpg

N64 with 1 controller & Super Smash Brothers $7.50
PS2 Slim with Crazy Taxi $20
Unfotunately Shadow Hedgehog, super mario Bros DS & Mario Vs Donkey Kong 2 ended up not having the games in them but they did sell me the cases for .50 each
PS2 Midway Arcade Treasures $5
Xbox 360 Grand Theft Auto IV $5

DSC08070_zps9d0efa4e.jpg

Mario Phone $15

DSC08047_zpse1edf754.jpg

Picked up all 4 figures for $7
brand new CDRs $2

DSC08052_zpsa21f2f89.jpg

While the system and game are pretty beat up and will need some cleaning, the guy only wanted $1 for it so I wasn't about to turn that down.

Saturday a town not to far from me was having their city wide sale, so I spent all day there and picked up some pretty nice stuff

DSC08060_zps49d6de8e.jpg

Sega Dreamcast $5
Nintendo DS bag .50
Xbox Doom 3 $3
Xbox 360 Overlord & Overlord II I ended up getting both for $6
Ps2 Sly 2 $1
Gamecube Monster House $1

DSC08061_zpscbeb9e0c.jpg

Gamecube Paper mario $1 (Very happy to finally have this in my collection)
Metroid Prime $1 (this will replace my Player's Choice Copy, I really hate those but I'd rather have the game and deal with the yellow label
PS2 The Adventures of Cookie & Cream $1
PS2 Star Wars Episode III $1
N64 Jet Force Gemini $1
Gamecube Memory card & Namco Museum(gameboy) $1 for both
PS2 Finding Nemo $1
PS2 Shrek the Third $1
Gamecube Super Mario Sunshine $3 (I usually never buy games without a case but this one was in perfect condition. Much easier to find one with a case that's beat up that finding a no scratch disc.)

DSC08062_zpsa63e09e9.jpg

DSC08063_zpsf7d24b67.jpg

Picked up a bunch of game guides for .25-.50 each (I'm such a sucker for game guides especially at that price =D)

[quote name='mguiddy']Wow, I haven't ordered anything other than flat rate envelopes in a long time. They used to have more non-flat rate stuff, I specifically remember the board game boxes being non-flat rate.

In that case, it says it's the Large Flat Rate box, which is $16.85.
However, if his PO lets him alter a flat rate box and still ship it that price they're crazy. If they actually take them, they should charge him the standard Priority rate for the weight.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just mark through the Flat Rate wording with Sharpie and just ship by weight. I drop them off at my work's mailroom which has USPS pickup everyday. I think I've sold between 5 and 10 and *knock on wood* haven't had a problem with any of them yet. Sorry for the slow replies. Been a busy week at work...

Meh day today.

Dragon Warrior 2 (nes)
Metal Gear (nes)

20.00 for both. Very meh but Dragon Warrior goes for more than that alone. Guy knew the value but I talked him down. Wanted 35.00, offered 20 and stood firm and he took it.

Luigis Mansion 5.00
Paper Mario Thousand Year Door 5.00

Marked 6.00 each. Offered 2 for 10 and was accepted. Those I already have but they'll make me a few bucks.

8727919634_e2e827d875_z.jpg

This was not a major find. Found this on a table bundled with everything for $2. It included:

PSOne System
PSone Controller
Power Brick
A/V Cable
Dualshock 2 Controller
Jampack Demo Disc

8726799679_9f11305d3c_z.jpg

This was one of the first sales I went to. At the sale I saw just a stack of random DVDs piled up. On top of them all though was The Hobbit. I remembered this being worth something so I took a gamble. After looking more, I was able to find every game in the piles. I asked for the price and was just told to make an offer. So I ended up with:

The Hobbit (1977 Animated) (DVD)
My Sims Agents (Wii)
Sonic and the Secret Rings (Wii)
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (Xbox)
LotR: Fellowship of the Ring (Xbox)
LotR: The Two Towers (Xbox)
Bionicle Heroes (PS2)
007 Nightfire (PS2)

After all was said and don't I ended up with $7 in it all.

8726803661_31b111a34c_z.jpg

This was a literal pickup. I found this on the ground today at my work's parking lot getting ready to go to meet a co worker for lunch. I have no idea who it belonged to but I could tell it was there for a while (possibly overnight) as it was soaked and the ground had been dry for a few hours by this time. Just a lucky day is all. I ended up using it for a later sale.

8726797905_f9a21de52f_z.jpg

This was an unexpected find and an unplanned sale. I went with a co-worker to meet someone for lunch and saw this sine. I asked that they pull over and they did. I got out looked around and they really didn't have a whole lot. However, I asked if they had any game items. The husband told me sure, they just moved in and were still unpacking but didn't think they needed the DS anymore. I offered them $25 for it after seeing it and they agreed with the games. I ended up with:

Pink Nintendo DS Lite (no charger)
Fire Emblem GBA
Advance Wars Dual Strike (DS)
Final Fantasy Fables (DS)
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (DS)
Bomberman Land Touch! (DS)
Big Brain Academy (DS)

All for $25. Now my son will get his own DS so I can finally play mine again!

Not the greatest haul, but paid only $5 for it all. So not terrible. Still don't know why I bought those 360 "games" though haha

Picked up 3 games for n64

Mario Party 2
Diddy Kong Racing
Donkey Kong 64

All for $5

Found a silver PS2 slim but lady wanted $50 for it and I already have 3 in my stock right now... so yea... offered her $10 and she said no :p

Havn't posted here in a while. Todays yard sale pickups. Spent less than $20 total. I found that GBA case full of games and grabbed it, turns out to be neo geo pocket games and I know nothing about that console, lol.

Neo geo games are: Samurai showdown 2, Sonic Pocket Adventure, King of fighters R2, Neo Turf Masters, & pac man.

The thing with the LCD i some sort of remote control. From what I saw on my phone maybe a universal remote, saw ebay listings for them at $100+ I'll do more research later. It was a buck and looks cools. xD

2013-05-11_08-11-59_723_zps34176a17.jpg

Yesterdays pawn shop pick up. $25 total. $10 of that was the street fighter box set. Mario 2 & 3 are in amazing shape.

2013-05-11_08-13-26_872_zps6208c63e.jpg

I drove past a yard sale this morning at about 7:30 that wasn't quite set up, so I skipped it and moved on. I found a complete Lego 8527, a tivoli model one radio, an excalibur Ivan II NIB, and a few other things.

When I swung back by that first sale on my way home I found Mega Man Legends in the bottom of a box. When I got it for $0.25 he said that he had sold most of his games early. I want to think that I got the only gem, but I'm sure I missed out on a good deal there. :(

[quote name='SnesGuy']Havn't posted here in a while. Todays yard sale pickups. Spent less than $20 total. I found that GBA case full of games and grabbed it, turns out to be neo geo pocket games and I know nothing about that console, lol.

Neo geo games are: Samurai showdown 2, Sonic Pocket Adventure, King of fighters R2, Neo Turf Masters, & pac man.

The thing with the LCD i some sort of remote control. From what I saw on my phone maybe a universal remote, saw ebay listings for them at $100+ I'll do more research later. It was a buck and looks cools. xD

2013-05-11_08-11-59_723_zps34176a17.jpg

Yesterdays pawn shop pick up. $25 total. $10 of that was the street fighter box set. Mario 2 & 3 are in amazing shape.

2013-05-11_08-13-26_872_zps6208c63e.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Doin a little looking on that remote. aparently its a home theatre universal remote, one in worse condition than mine sold for $80 at auction 0_O

Need to find some batteries and play with it haha

Nothing but crap this morning. Some asshole reseller with a shop in Sheboygan was knocking on peoples doors at 6:30 am, according to a few sales I went to

[quote name='jer7583']Nothing but crap this morning. Some asshole reseller with a shop in Sheboygan was knocking on peoples doors at 6:30 am, according to a few sales I went to[/QUOTE]

What the hell? Resellers do that kind of shit? I thought that was what CAG & Ebay were for. What an asshole.

[quote name='delsus09']What the hell? Resellers do that kind of shit? I thought that was what CAG & Ebay were for. What an asshole.[/QUOTE]

Where my parents live it isn't uncommon for people to wait outside interesting yard sales for hours. If they see any activity in the house they will knock until they get in early.

I'm glad that isn't the way it works around here.

[quote name='yourlefthand']Where my parents live it isn't uncommon for people to wait outside interesting yard sales for hours. If they see any activity in the house they will knock until they get in early.

I'm glad that isn't the way it works around here.[/QUOTE]

Someone knocks on my door early I'll be at the door with a bat telling them to get the fuck out and not to come back.

[quote name='georox']Someone knocks on my door early I'll be at the door with a bat telling them to get the fuck out and not to come back.[/QUOTE]

Last year, we had some geriatric asshole show up two hours before our advertised start time (and "no early birds" was in BIG BOLD LETTERS), while we were setting up. We told him many times that we aren't open yet, since most of our stuff was still in the storage unit a few miles away and we had a ton of work to still get done. He kept on insisting on digging through and dumping out our unemptied and sorted bins of stuff, until we finally told him to leave or we're calling the cops. Guy got really pissed off, threw some expletives and said that we don't know how yard sales work and that we just lost a sale.

He came back a few hours later and bought some stuff, with no mention of what transpired earlier. Showed him, I guess. I got your three dollars, dick.

Tried my luck today - complete bust, but a couple of amusing stories.

Went to one house in a really upscale neighborhood, everything they had looked like stuff they had originally planned to throw away. Only game related stuff was a DJ Hero deck w/ no game or cables and a Wii tennis racket. Asked the guy if he had anything else, he said that was it.

Went to another sale and there was a teenager with a box full of recent PC games, all boxed & in really good shape. I picked up Starcraft II, which he had a $10 sticker on, and looked at it dubiously then asked him "has the code in this not been used...?" He goes "uhh, iunno...it might have been used." I just look at him & he continues "It hasn't been played online tho." I tell him "that doesn't matter, if the code has been activated the game is no good." He kinda mumbles again "iunno, it may have been used." Needless to say I didn't make any purchases from his PC games box. :lol:

8729577920_9e6e399488_z.jpg

This was an early sale find. I was luckily one of the first to hit this or else it would have been gone quick. I saw this NES on the table with some games. The NES was marked $7 with the power and controller. However the games were apparently priced separately but they weren't labeled. She told me that they were $5 each and I started putting them back. She stopped me and told me that she would just do $10 for everything. I accepted that.

NES System
Power
NES Controller
NES Game Holder
Legend of Zelda
Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt
Batman
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Metroid
Ironsword: Wizards and Warriors II

8729575132_11e51ec380_z.jpg

Picked this up at a church indoor sale. I found the following things:

PC USB Controller
Wireless Gamecube Controll
Monsters Inc Pinball Panic

All the items went together. They saw I was interested in the controller and asked what I'd offer for it. I told them really I only would give $2 for it as I already had a couple wireless controller. They said fine since it would all be donated tomorrow anyway.

8729569386_e2c53d5c54_z.jpg

This was nice to find. I needed some VHS cases to do some casing projects. So I got all these new cases for $3.

8728447701_033052085e_z.jpg

No story but I got this nice hot plate for $1. Wife wants a camper and this would go well in it.

8728454199_95466d9bb6_z.jpg

This was a nice find. I pulled up to this sale and looked around. There wasn't a whole lot but I figured it never hurt to ask. So the old guy running the sale cursed a bit and said he thought all games were stupid and then went in his house and said "This is all I got. I don't know what they go to or where they came from. I offered him $2 for everything and he said fine. I ended up with:

God of War II (PS2)
Soul Calibur II (PS2)
Flushed Away (PS2)
NCAA Football 08 (PS2)
Madden 08 (PS2)
Resident Evil 3 (PS)

Resident Evil was actually under the Soul Calibur disc and I didn't find it until I got home. So super awesome for $2

8728462677_ce38a5e469_z.jpg

This sale wasn't open initially so I came back later and picked up the following games:

CSI: Fatal Conspiracy (X360)
Dark Cloud (PS2)
IHRA Drag Racing: Sportsman Edition (PS2)
Pokemon Colesseum (GC)

It was originally 3 for $10 but I talked the lady into 4 for $10.

8729583444_3891427ca9_z.jpg

This was a good sale that was completely unadvertised and out of the way. I only found it by accident. There was not a lot around but I picked up the following:

Band Hero Drums with Dongle (PS3/PS2)
(x2) Guitar Hero Guitars with Dongle (PS3/PS2)
Racing wheel with pedals (Xbox 360)
USB Band Hero Mic (PS3/PS2)
Singstar (PS2)
Guitar Hero 5 (PS2)
Super Mario Bros. (DVD)

I offered $10 for everything based on prices she originally made. So yeah... Awesome score!

[quote name='argyle']Tried my luck today - complete bust, but a couple of amusing stories.

Went to one house in a really upscale neighborhood, everything they had looked like stuff they had originally planned to throw away. Only game related stuff was a DJ Hero deck w/ no game or cables and a Wii tennis racket. Asked the guy if he had anything else, he said that was it.

Went to another sale and there was a teenager with a box full of recent PC games, all boxed & in really good shape. I picked up Starcraft II, which he had a $10 sticker on, and looked at it dubiously then asked him "has the code in this not been used...?" He goes "uhh, iunno...it might have been used." I just look at him & he continues "It hasn't been played online tho." I tell him "that doesn't matter, if the code has been activated the game is no good." He kinda mumbles again "iunno, it may have been used." Needless to say I didn't make any purchases from his PC games box. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Aren't codes cheap though? I mean, if you have the game & all. I heard you can purchase keys by themselves on Blizzard's website. Oh well.

Sometimes, I wish I lived further in the city, instead of on a mountain leading into it; so many more deals could be found. Don't have a car either, & it will be a while 'till I get a scooter/motorcycle.

Then again, all I get are old bloodsuckers selling their 2-year-old kid's shitty Dora/Diego clothes. Sigh... you suck, California.

EDIT: Nice finds, Mirp; especially the NES bundle. You're a lucky bastard, you know that? You should enjoy Dark Cloud too. Played it a lot in my earlier years.

[quote name='delsus09']Aren't codes cheap though? I mean, if you have the game & all. I heard you can purchase keys by themselves on Blizzard's website. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

The key IS the game - if I purchased a key from Blizzard, I'd have no need for the disk. :p

[quote name='delsus09']What the hell? Resellers do that kind of shit? I thought that was what CAG & Ebay were for. What an asshole.[/QUOTE]

I can't help but read this as CAG & eBay are for knocking on people's doors at 6:30 in the morning :D

[quote name='delsus09'] Nice finds, Mirp; especially the NES bundle. You're a lucky bastard, you know that? You should enjoy Dark Cloud too. Played it a lot in my earlier years.[/QUOTE]

I already have Dark Cloud 1 and 2. That was one of my first games when I got a PS2. Got it to flip really. I was more interseted in the CSI game but it was a better deal to get them all together.

Yes this happens all the damn time. If someone advertises games they will show up as early as 4 or 5am here, they all think they are going to find one of "them 10 thousand dollar nintender tapes"

I went to about 50 sales today and found nothing but baby clothes at every one of them. Then near the end I got excited when I saw a box of atari games and a 2600.....that was until I heard an angry, crotchety old man scream "THATS 75 DOLLARS! THOSE SELL FOR $100 EACH ON EBAY!" Finding something decent but way overpriced is almost worse than finding nothing at all...all this did was make me even madder!

Then to top it all off I stopped by some run down old flea market in the middle of nowhere and one guy had Chip n Dale 2 on NES........for $200....yeah because people who have to buy expired discount food at a flea market can really afford to pay DOUBLE the ebay price for old video games. The thing that kills me is you just know he either got it at a yard sale for nothing or someone brought it in and he lowballed them

Over here people just put that early birds pay double or triple the price, keeps them away.

I see a ton of Guitar hero stuff, I am talking at least once per weekend, or more, can someone tell me what is worth picking up for ebay resale? I notice a lot of it is for the PS2, I assume this stuff would be the least valuable. Does the 360 stuff require anything like dongles or parts that could get easily lost, I know the PS3 stuff requires a dongle so I would need to look for that. Is there anything that can be easily broken on these, like buttons, etc.

I am not interested in picking up full rock band sets, as I have no room to store it, one of them would literately take up all the space in my room.

The reason thew 360 stuff is the most valuable is because they do not require a dongle ever. The PS3 instruments always need a dongle, unless wired. The Wii instruments for Guitar Hero use a Wii remote, so there is no need to worry about dongles for those. The Rock Band instruments use dongles on Wii. The Rock Band instruments for PS2 are the same as the PS3 instruments. The Guitar Hero ones do the same for GH:WT and after, I think.

Generally, the only thing that breaks on the instruments are the guitar's whammy, the kick pedals for the drums, or the touchpad on the GH:WT and GH5 guitars.

bread's done
Back