2013 Yard Sale Thread

^^^ I absolutely agree with don't steal someone else's deal. I might go beserk if someone tried that on me. So that whole golden rule thing.^^

This is what I got these past two days of yard saling. 

$22 for everything. Wasn't the best but I need both DS games.

I paid $4 for everything here. The PS2 also has the hard drive. At the same sale I got this shelf for $6. No more milk crates for me. haha

Anyone know how to do spoiler tags on the new forum set up?

$10 for everything.

$3 for everything. The gems are loose copies of Mega Man Legends and Legends of Legaia.

At the same sale I got this stuff for $1.75. Unfortunatley the Pokemon cards are fake. From a sealed pack I got a holographic and three other rares. haha.

This guy is really cool. I got him for $1. I remember seeing these toys back in the day. After seeing how much this can fetch on ebay the $$$ outways my fun with transforming this mech. They also had a Power Range zord ( a silver dinosaur?) from one of the later series that I am not familiar with. They wanted $15 for it so I left it behind. To any of the Power Ranger fans on this site did I pass on something I shouldn't have?

The He-Man figures were a dime each and have their weapons. Stratos has a melted chest though :whistle2:( . The Gir plush was $2.50. I got the rest for $5. The only figures I can't identify are the Indian wrestler and the black man in the jump suit even after searching the maker and year (Remco/1982 and Mego Corp./ MCMLXXI respectively)

Walked to one that was like three houses away. Picked up a GBA SP case, the long one with the grey front and the black strap. Looked like new and it's definitely an upgrade over the switch and carry case I have now. Also got a car charger for it. 50 cents each for those.

Also grabbed the Dancing Baby CD with the holographic front since it was a quarter.

Saw some decent DVDs for $1 each, but they were all full screen.

Tomorrow is another community yard sale so hopefully I find some stuff. The only game I've bought this year was last weekend a copy of Pro-Wrestling for the NES for $2.
The last time I went over to a "community" yard sale was Northumberland and it was terrible, people packed up early and everything.

Is the one is Sunbury any good?
The standard city wide Sunbury one isn't that great, although this years passed. It's the newest attempt in the area for a community one and a lot of people just hold theirs whenever they want. There's also quite a bit of ghetto sales and some out to try to make a big profit from junk. Plus, quite a few of the neighborhoods already have their own...

The Hill yardsale (around the bread factory, off of 11th Street) is usually pretty good, probably the best It's been going on pretty long and there's a lot of nice houses and it seems more people that just want to get rid of stuff as opposed to getting rich. This years passed as well. They tend to close down a little early too, but it's just on Saturday and it seems a lot are out. I missed this years as I sore from like three days of rain and it was raining that day. My sister said there were still quite a bit of porch sales though and found some stuff and said there were video games at a few but nothing of note.

The Susquehannah Ave. one (near the Island/Norry) isn't bad either. Again, think this years passed. It's one if I miss I don't feel too bad about, though. There doesn't tend to be a lot of games as there seems to be a lot of old people and couples with just daughters living in there. However, when there are games they seem to be reasonably priced. I got some N64 Zelda and Gameboy games there for $1-$2 a pop.

There's the Memorial Acres one as well, which I can't remember if it passed. It's in the public housing behind Weis on 4th. I think I've made it there like twice in the 7 or 8 years it's been going on. I don't think I've seen any gaming stuff there, but then again I never made it there at opening either.

The one tomorrow (and today as well, I had to watch my nephews for a bit so I couldn't make it) is the Hamilton/Sun Valley which is out by the railroad underpass heading towards Shamokin. It's one of the better ones, imo. arguably as good as The Hill. Again, reasonable prices, more people just wanting to get rid of stuff. Quite a bit of free stuff as well (and some decent stuff at that.) and seemingly always some video games and CDs/DVDs and electronics. Also, there's very rarely a yardsale in that area besides the weekend they hold it so pretty much everyone is out.

Although, my best of luck in Sunbury seems to be at random non-community ones. Especially around the post office for some reason.

The He-Man figures were a dime each and have their weapons. Stratos has a melted chest though :whistle2:( . The Gir plush was $2.50. I got the rest for $5. The only figures I can't identify are the Indian wrestler and the black man in the jump suit even after searching the maker and year (Remco/1982 and Mego Corp./ MCMLXXI respectively)
The "Indian Wrestler" is Arak - Son of Thunder from the Lost World of the Warlord series.

The "black man in the jumpsuit" also looks familiar, but I can't place it.

^^^ I absolutely agree with don't steal someone else's deal. I might go beserk if someone tried that on me. So that whole golden rule thing.^^

This is what I got these past two days of yard saling.

$3 for everything. The gems are loose copies of Mega Man Legends and Legends of Legaia.
That is the Legend of Legaia demo, full game has character art on it.

Sunbury was a bust nothing even decently priced, went over to Northumberland, found some cheap books, some decently priced games but nothing I did not already own.

all in all was decent found about 10 books for anywhere from $0.20 to $0.50 each

Well to continue my streak of "its worth twice that on ebay durrr!" sales, today I found a genesis with a 32X and some 32X sports games. I really wanted it since I dont have a 32X yet.

His price: $250

The reason: "I looked on ebay"

I told him on ebay he might get like $40 for this and they arent rare at all. His response again was "those old games are worth 100s of dollars on ebay!" And he was "firm on $250"

Literally the 5th week in a row I've encountered this. Its always like 40 sales of nothing but baby clothes then ONE with anything good which always turns out to be triple ebay prices. I guess I am throwing in the towel on yard sales, its not even worth getting up early on a saturday anymore for this ebay crap. I seriously dont get what goes through these peoples minds; "someone is ASKING $250 for this sealed in the box on ebay so I will sell my loose dirty one at a yard sale for the same price!"

I would go garbage picking at these people's houses on garbage day of the area where the sales are, just make sure it's legal before you start picking, I think you could find some stuff because sometimes resellers will just start throwing things out, or people will throw out what did not sell at their sale.

I saw a lot of pick able things today especially CRT TV's that had $40 prices on it that people just threw to the curb. I seriously don't know why people ask that much for something that is totally worthless.

Alright so I got 2 decent things today but not much:

Wii remote with Nunchuck and motion plus adapter plus 4 remote sleeves for $2

Sealed PS2 network adapter for $1

So I stumbled on a DSI XL that I could have had for $10 with no charger but it was not reading the games so I didn't get it, this was from a kid, probably should have gotten it but I just didn't feel like bothering as broken stuff doesn't fetch that much on eBay and I am so saturated with stuff that I need to sell that it's just going to make more pointless work for me.

One thing I hear kids say constantly, almost every kid I talk to says this so it's kind of sad, they all say they gave up their other systems to play Call of Duty or other war game on the Xbox... We are talking kids 8 and up here which is just really sad. Sad that the only thing anyone wants to play around here is CoD, I swear if I hear it from another kid I am giving the mature games speech to the parents...lol.

So I stumbled on a DSI XL that I could have had for $10 with no charger but it was not reading the games so I didn't get it, this was from a kid, probably should have gotten it but I just didn't feel like bothering as broken stuff doesn't fetch that much on eBay and I am so saturated with stuff that I need to sell that it's just going to make more pointless work for me.
It might've been worth jumping on that for $5 or less; some of the portable stuff makes for good salvage money. I know where you're coming from though, sometimes you gotta reverse thrusters and sink time into purging rather than acquiring.

Aww it always make me laugh when people call Nintendo kiddy but if you play "mature" games like Halo or COD on Xbox Live its nothing but 8-16 year olds yelling into their mics! As far as "its goes for this on Ebay", if I happen to hear that when Im out Ill say something like "so how long you been an Ebay member?" "....well Im not actually signed up but you can still look up prices" "yeah thats what I thought, good luck selling your stuff *walk away*"

Sunbury was a bust nothing even decently priced, went over to Northumberland, found some cheap books, some decently priced games but nothing I did not already own.

all in all was decent found about 10 books for anywhere from $0.20 to $0.50 each
Did you get out to the community sale leaving town towards Shamokin? I got out around noon and didn't have the greatest luck (granted, it was all day Friday too). I did snag two see through Pelican wireless Gamecube controllers for $1 total. I need to look up if they take adaptors (I'm guessing they do) as they weren't included. Besides that, I got an X Rated patch for a quarter (apparently it's from John Deere snowmobiles from the 70's or 80's) and two paintings for a quarter each as the woman said she just wanted to get rid of everything. My sister walked up after I left and she said everything was then free, but there was nothing else I could be bothered to get.

All in all not a great year. There were some video games for $1-$2 (PS, PS2, Gamecube) but nothing I personally cared for. A few DVDs and oddly an asston of VHS, which is odd as last year there were a ton of DVDs. However, the local video store now buys DVDs and resells them so I think they're getting quite a bit from the area.

I would go garbage picking at these people's houses on garbage day of the area where the sales are, just make sure it's legal before you start picking, I think you could find some stuff because sometimes resellers will just start throwing things out, or people will throw out what did not sell at their sale.

I saw a lot of pick able things today especially CRT TV's that had $40 prices on it that people just threw to the curb. I seriously don't know why people ask that much for something that is totally worthless.

Alright so I got 2 decent things today but not much:

Wii remote with Nunchuck and motion plus adapter plus 4 remote sleeves for $2

Sealed PS2 network adapter for $1

One thing I hear kids say constantly, almost every kid I talk to says this so it's kind of sad, they all say they gave up their other systems to play Call of Duty or other war game on the Xbox... We are talking kids 8 and up here which is just really sad. Sad that the only thing anyone wants to play around here is CoD, I swear if I hear it from another kid I am giving the mature games speech to the parents...lol.

I'd of bought the DSI off you broken. I have no problem with fixing stuff.

Did you get out to the community sale leaving town towards Shamokin? I got out around noon and didn't have the greatest luck (granted, it was all day Friday too). I did snag two see through Pelican wireless Gamecube controllers for $1 total. I need to look up if they take adaptors (I'm guessing they do) as they weren't included. Besides that, I got an X Rated patch for a quarter (apparently it's from John Deere snowmobiles from the 70's or 80's) and two paintings for a quarter each as the woman said she just wanted to get rid of everything. My sister walked up after I left and she said everything was then free, but there was nothing else I could be bothered to get.

All in all not a great year. There were some video games for $1-$2 (PS, PS2, Gamecube) but nothing I personally cared for. A few DVDs and oddly an asston of VHS, which is odd as last year there were a ton of DVDs. However, the local video store now buys DVDs and resells them so I think they're getting quite a bit from the area.
I think so, I'm not in sunbury often aside from the street (61 south I believe) and market from 11 & 15.

Hit up several reagan street and other advertised sales, a lot of the sales were the "your best offer" sales >.> and they wanted ebay prices....

but even still I didn't find anything of any worth for me, I have been looking for some assorted frames, but the ones I liked either had the hang tabs busted off, or were so loose the glass moved easily inside the frame.

I have yet to ever have any kind of find in sunbury, yet in northumberland, I find good stuff all the time, and I find it ridiculous.

Ok day today for gaming-ish stuff but I almost no actual games.

c2f8d2feea8fe1c84d22ecf2d2a51d4e.JPG

Strategy guides, $1 each. Also came with an old Nintendo Power (Secret of Mana on the cover) which I forgot to include in the picture.

ef1e189b8c37f123cef68b3718351678.JPG

:br: Argo & :br: FMA: The Sacred Star of Milos - $2 each. Blu-Rays are becoming a fairly common sight at garage sales lately.

The SNES game is F-Zero. Paid $1 for it.

873ccdbaebf8498659570642037fddf7.JPG

This is some stuff I got over a month ago, some from thrifts and some from yard sales. 

:gc: Bloody Roar: Primal Fury, :gc: Star Wars: Rogue Leader, Intellivision - Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, Dreamcast - Slave Zero - $2.50 each

Tolkein - Book of Lost Tales 1 & 2 - $1 for both.

SNES controller was $2 at a thrift.

Zelda: MM OST and Nintendo 64 Trilogy OST were also $1 each.

The N64 Trilogy is supposed to have CD's for Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64, and Starfox 64, but the Starfox disc is missing and in its place there's a Zelda OoT disc instead. The case is pretty discolored as you can probably see but it looks like these are fairly rare?

I don't even have an Intellivision, but D&D was minty complete and pretty cool looking so I had to have it. The rest should be self-explanitory.

6dbe386530ef3d8d530ff99ba1914c36.JPG

Paid $17 for this N64 + 2 controllers + GB Transfer Pak. Seller was asking $25, I only had $17 so they took it. A little pricey for coming with no games, but N64's always fetch good money for me on ebay. :| Plus who doesn't love colored controllers?

Oh yeah I took these pictures two weeks ago and never posted 'em. Might as well now.

4c9f288eec4800d1aab57f44218a1610.JPG

2f436dece1576b47e723d8bb690aa61e.JPG

Paid $30 for this N64 lot.

79bf10a0d6969d70bf203f9f4e25c426.JPG

:br: Brave - $2, a little beat up but the receipt from wal-mart was still under the slipcover (original price: $25) 

:ds: Animal Crossing Wild World, :ds: Spyro: A New Beginning, :ds: DS Lite Charger - $1 each (nope the charger isn't for sale, I need 'em too! :lol:)

Other stuff I got not pictured

Stephen Colbert's "America Again: Re-becoming the Greatness We Never Weren't" hardcover for $1.

Two (rather crappy) Jazwares Mega Man figures, Mega Man and Elec Man. The Mega was this version http://www.ebay.com/itm/290927298039 which is bafflingly the wrong colors. It doesn't seem like anybody wants these so maybe I'll just try and paint him back to normal. They were just $.75 each at least.

And also a nice Ikea-style media shelf for $10. This is the fifth such shelf I've found at yard sales and I can't get enough of 'em.

Ok that's all, sorry for the long post.

It might've been worth jumping on that for $5 or less; some of the portable stuff makes for good salvage money. I know where you're coming from though, sometimes you gotta reverse thrusters and sink time into purging rather than acquiring.

I tried to get it for $5 but the kid wasn't having it. The original price was $30 I had him down to 10 I was gonna buy it but I just didn't want to deal with it. Yeah I was probably stupid for not getting it but I just wasn't feeling it. I usually see this for $75 and up at sales but I suspect the value has tanked quite a lot recently since the 3DS and 3DS XL are out.

I think so, I'm not in sunbury often aside from the street (61 south I believe) and market from 11 & 15.

Hit up several reagan street and other advertised sales, a lot of the sales were the "your best offer" sales >.> and they wanted ebay prices....

but even still I didn't find anything of any worth for me, I have been looking for some assorted frames, but the ones I liked either had the hang tabs busted off, or were so loose the glass moved easily inside the frame.

I have yet to ever have any kind of find in sunbury, yet in northumberland, I find good stuff all the time, and I find it ridiculous.
Ah, Reagan has been alright to me, but yeah Sunbury does tend to do a lot of unmarked stuff and "make me an offer" sales. I don't like making offers, so I'll usually set the stuff back if they seem intent on me making the offer. Then probably 75% of the time or more they throw out a lowball number.

I went to my first yard sale today and had a great time, some awesome finds.
I think I'll start roaming yard sales more often.

Won't let me post links since I'm new, but here's a list.

Pokemon Emerald - cart only
Pokemon Fire Red -CIB
Blue Gameboy Advance SP - CIB
Spyro season of ice - CIB
Rock Em Sock Em Robots - CIB
Pokemon White - CIB
Pokemon black - CIB
Pokemon Diamond - CIB
Pokemon Platinum - CIB
Megaman Zero 3 - CIB
GameCube Controller - Black
Megaman Zero 2 - Cart Only
Contra - GBA
14 other GBA Games in a ziploc baggy

Pokemon Platinum DS Manual
Cooking Mama CIB
6 Assorted Pokemon figures, pikachu, raichu, pichu, charmander, etc
24k plated Pokemon card in pokeball, Charizard, from Burger King promotion a long time ago
Pokedex book
Pokedex Toy in box has a price tag from 2005 on it
Nintendo DS Travel Case with Mario embroidered on it
12 other assorted GBA Games

And a Coach purse

$35 for everything! (Coach bag isn't a game obviously, but still an awesome find to me)

Went to a few sales

Saw a Wii U Deluxe for $250, a 3DS for $100 and some over priced GBA/Wii games. I did buy a 20th Ann GBA Micro with charger for $30. I got some psx RPG game cases for free and I snagged a few adventure games. 

Pokemon Fire Red -CIB
Pokemon White - CIB
Pokemon black - CIB
Pokemon Diamond - CIB
Pokemon Platinum - CIB
Megaman Zero 3 - CIB
Contra - GBA

Cooking Mama CIB
24k plated Pokemon card in pokeball, Charizard, from Burger King promotion a long time ago
Pokedex book

And a Coach purse

$35 for everything! (Coach bag isn't a game obviously, but still an awesome find to me)
I need pics. That's an epic haul

Pokemon Fire Red -CIB
Pokemon White - CIB
Pokemon black - CIB
Pokemon Diamond - CIB
Pokemon Platinum - CIB
Megaman Zero 3 - CIB
Contra - GBA

Cooking Mama CIB
Pokedex book

And a Coach purse

Thats awesome, I sold a CiB Fire Red for about $70 awhiles back.

Well it wasn't a stellar weekend for me but I managed some neat items. Some gaming AND non gaming finds so here we go!

9102058187_dfb8196022_z.jpg

Found this at a sale on the way to work. Found a box that had a Linksys WRTG54GS and a Westell DSL modem/Wireless router. Bother were in a box that said 1$ for the whole box. I bought and sold the Linksys router to a guy at work for $10!

9104287440_d6c7a31440_z.jpg

Found there and picked them up for a friend. Got a Star Wars Visions, and Star Wars Incredible Cross-Sections for $2 total. My friend loved them when I brought them to him :)

9102063925_472e307b97_z.jpg

Went to this sale and picked up this game for $2. I got Devil Kings for PS2. One a side note, I also was told to come back to buy an Xbox 360 the next day.

9120173165_2b402daa18_z.jpg

I picked up all these figures form a yard sale on my way to gamestop for Skylanders day. I ended up also picking up 2 360 games for a grand total of $10 all together. The games I got were Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear and Lord of the Rings Conquest, which went to pay off my Project X Zone preorder. Lots of Ninja turtles in this lot but I can't identify 3 figures in this. The white (Taksunoko?) and white/black (Power Ranger?) figures are from Bandai and the large mutant figure is marked Marvel. I recognize him but can't remember his name.

9120180729_5956aa71a9_z.jpg

I picked this up from the same sale where I got Devil Kings the day before. We agreed to $10 and I picked it up. The disc drive doesn't want to open so I'll fiddle with that but at least its an easy flip, especially with my birthday coupon coming in soon.

Made it out for the first time this year. New job with weekends off now instead of rotating craziness.

First sale I picked up 2x GBA SP's, 1 DS Phat, few carrying cases, Mario Party DS, and one of the Drawn to Life games for $15

- no cords for the systems and they also look pretty worn, but I'm sure I'll move them easy enough as long as they still play

- I left behind a bunch of crappier DS and GBA games that they wanted $5 each for and I didn't see the use in trying to negotiate them down

Picked up a bunch of DVDs (Disney and workout ones) for a $1 each. The DVDs will be flipping material. The Disney ones will sell easy enough, but I'm not sure on the workout ones yet. They were all in one set and I've had good luck selling those before.

- in the free box were a few California Raisin figures and an old palm pilot I grabbed. We are going to keep the Raisins and maybe play around with the palm pilot. Not sure why we actually grabbed so we might just see if it is worth anything and if not just give it Goodwill or something

Got a Scooby Doo Chia Pet, a 1960's model of a Chevy, and some extra Nintendo cables for $1.50

- the extra Nintendo brand cables are always good to have around

- We will either use the Chia Pet or sell it for like 10 bucks online. Haven't decided yet

- Same thing with the Chevy model. If it is worth money we will sell, if not we will just put it together. (My gf has been all about models last week putting together some Gundam ones)

4 DVDs from another sale for $3. Shrek, Pirates of the Caribbean, WallE and Cars

Got a snack table and a few book cases for a total of like 30 bucks which we were happy with

Manual for Legendary Wings for the NES. Asked about games after seeing it and was told some old lady took all they had but must've forgot that manual so they let me have it. bleh

And the weirdest thing from a sale was when I asked about games they brought out this bare bones PS2 with no cables and a few crap PS1 games which I passed on, but then ran inside and pulled out a box of Sega Mega Drive controllers. All official ones. They all look brand new and are wrapped in bubble wrap with the cords professionally tied up. Box had video game controllers stamped on it with some other numbers. The lady and her son (guy was 35ish) said they had just been cutting off the cables and giving them to little nephews to pretend to play with. I bought the box of 10 for $5.

- Going by what I see on ebay for the model # I should be able to sell them each for $15 easy. Strange thing is the ones I see on there are packed exactly just like mine (half way a cross the country), so Sega must've started sending them out at the end of the Genesis life span like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokemon Fire Red -CIB
Pokemon White - CIB
Pokemon black - CIB
Pokemon Diamond - CIB
Pokemon Platinum - CIB
Megaman Zero 3 - CIB
Contra - GBA

Cooking Mama CIB
Pokedex book

And a Coach purse

if I could potentially find a coach purse at a yard sale, maybe I could convince my gf to go to yard sales with me lol. nice haul.

if I could potentially find a coach purse at a yard sale, maybe I could convince my gf to go to yard sales with me lol. nice haul.
Hehe, my coach bag find was a vintage one, for $2; its my side hobby for funding my love of gaming. I find the vintage stuff, and rehab it back up, condition it all pretty again and earn gaming money. I figure I can make my money spent Saturday back with just that one bag. Someone gets a nice bag for a good deal, I go buy more games. It's a vicious cycle. xD

You absolutely don't steal someone else's deal. That's terrible etiquette and not even slightly cool.
I agree but the buyer here was a total ass hat and I would've made him pay more (at least).

That is the Legend of Legaia demo, full game has character art on it.
Good catch . . . I was thinking the same thing cuz I've gotten burned on this before.

my side hobby for funding my love of gaming. I find the vintage stuff, and rehab it back up, condition it all pretty again and earn gaming money.
Its best if you have other stuff that you're looking for (rather than just games). If you come back without games but had other finds . . . you still get a sense of satisfaction.

Its best if you have other stuff that you're looking for (rather than just games). If you come back without games but had other finds . . . you still get a sense of satisfaction.
That's why I'm always on the lookout for CDs :D They're cheap and (usually) a CD pile at a house will have at least one album I'm into for most likely $1. My CD collection has grown exponentially in the past year from garage sales, and coming home with a stack of CDs sometimes feels as good as a nice game haul :)

I found some NES games this weekend plus some a copy of Katamari Damacy for $2, but the area I usually go hunting in (Southeast Baltimore/Essex/Dundalk) has become lousy with resellers lately. I'm thinking I need to move further north or east to actually find anything decent.

One bright spot, however, has stopping at a sale and finding a SNES controller, DKC2, and Super Mario All Stars in a box full of VHS tapes. The guy offered to let me have the whole box for $1 as long as I took everything, so I happily agreed (I left the VHS tapes out on my street with a free sign and a bunch of the local kids grabbed them). On top of that, it turns out the seller is cleaning out a few garage's and a basement worth of old stuff, so I left my name and number with him and told him to call me if he finds anymore stuff he'd like to get rid of.

Pokemon Fire Red -CIB
Pokemon White - CIB
Pokemon black - CIB
Pokemon Diamond - CIB
Pokemon Platinum - CIB
Megaman Zero 3 - CIB
Contra - GBA

Cooking Mama CIB
Pokedex book

And a Coach purse

Pictures - http://s33.photobucket.com/user/akim015/media/Gaming/image-1-1.jpg.html

I agree but the buyer here was a total ass hat and I would've made him pay more (at least).

Good catch . . . I was thinking the same thing cuz I've gotten burned on this before.

This I love to read, so I always look for the old books :D Just recently got a copy of Charles Darwin's Origin of Species

Made it out for the first time this year. New job with weekends off now instead of rotating craziness.

First sale I picked up 2x GBA SP's, 1 DS Phat, few carrying cases, Mario Party DS, and one of the Drawn to Life games for $15

- no cords for the systems and they also look pretty worn, but I'm sure I'll move them easy enough as long as they still play

- I left behind a bunch of crappier DS and GBA games that they wanted $5 each for and I didn't see the use in trying to negotiate them down

Picked up a bunch of DVDs (Disney and workout ones) for a $1 each. The DVDs will be flipping material. The Disney ones will sell easy enough, but I'm not sure on the workout ones yet. They were all in one set and I've had good luck selling those before.

- in the free box were a few California Raisin figures and an old palm pilot I grabbed. We are going to keep the Raisins and maybe play around with the palm pilot. Not sure why we actually grabbed so we might just see if it is worth anything and if not just give it Goodwill or something

Got a Scooby Doo Chia Pet, a 1960's model of a Chevy, and some extra Nintendo cables for $1.50

- the extra Nintendo brand cables are always good to have around

- We will either use the Chia Pet or sell it for like 10 bucks online. Haven't decided yet

- Same thing with the Chevy model. If it is worth money we will sell, if not we will just put it together. (My gf has been all about models last week putting together some Gundam ones)

4 DVDs from another sale for $3. Shrek, Pirates of the Caribbean, WallE and Cars

Got a snack table and a few book cases for a total of like 30 bucks which we were happy with

Manual for Legendary Wings for the NES. Asked about games after seeing it and was told some old lady took all they had but must've forgot that manual so they let me have it. bleh

And the weirdest thing from a sale was when I asked about games they brought out this bare bones PS2 with no cables and a few crap PS1 games which I passed on, but then ran inside and pulled out a box of Sega Mega Drive controllers. All official ones. They all look brand new and are wrapped in bubble wrap with the cords professionally tied up. Box had video game controllers stamped on it with some other numbers. The lady and her son (guy was 35ish) said they had just been cutting off the cables and giving them to little nephews to pretend to play with. I bought the box of 10 for $5.

- Going by what I see on ebay for the model # I should be able to sell them each for $15 easy. Strange thing is the ones I see on there are packed exactly just like mine (half way a cross the country), so Sega must've started sending them out at the end of the Genesis life span like that.
If you want to trade one of those Megadrive controllers let me know.

out of boredom I emailed the guy with the Sega stuff and of course, he still has it. I guess no one wanted to spend $250 at a yard sale for $40 worth of games. He says "the 32x on ebay is $150" .....um...ok. I say back to him "is that what it sold for or is that what someone was asking for it" and he responds with "that is what someone was asking for it" and I informed him how ebay works; it isnt a store, you can list anything for any price you want. I then sent him a screen shot from ebay where a similar lot sold for $38 and he said "well I've never seen one for that price. You don't know what u r talking about. goodbye". I just wish I could be there when he eventually takes this stuff to a game store or a pawn shop and they offer him $15 for it.

I'm currently a few hours away from my house due to an internship. Where I live I never find anything...but where I am now I'm actually finding some decent stuff! :D This is everything I've found over the last 2 weeks.

Super Nintendo- $5

Sega System- $3

All PS1 games I got for a dollar each

Fable 2- $3

Four N64 games for $3 each; best one is Goldeneye

Sim City on Super Nintendo - $1

Not pictured: I also got 20 gameboy/gameboy advance games for only $5; best game in there was Pokemon Silver.

Not pictured: I bought Pokemon Monopoly....cause, I couldn't resist xD $5.

Not pictured: I also got some extra Super Nintendo and Sega controllers for a buck each.

Best find (and forgot to include in the picture): Zoids: Battle Legends for only $2 and The Elder Scrolls III GOTY for $5.

I love this new area!  :bouncy: Too bad I leave in a month...

1HsqTgV.jpg

Some of my various finds over the past couple weeks include:

Mario Kart DS - $2

Pink GBA with worm light - $3

Black and red DS lite - $3

GBA SP - $10

PSP 3001 with charger, star wars battle front II, and 2 GB memory stick - $20

Halo 4 - $8

ACIII - $8

Pokemon Snap - $3

Various game guides - 50 cents a piece

Pink DS Lite complete with box and all other papers - $15

NES with two controllers, zapper, and five games - Including Kid Icarus, Mike Tyson, Zelda II, Duck Hunt/Mario, and another random game - $30

Plus many other various items that aren't video game related

Hey fellow CAGs, I'd appreciate some input on the following yard sale ad that features some NES and SNES games. I was pretty excited about it at first, but upon closer inspection it looks like mostly common titles with some duplicates. I'm starting to think this is just a collector/reseller looking to offload their extras at marked up prices. Thoughts?

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/vgm/3897318011.html

Hey fellow CAGs, I'd appreciate some input on the following yard sale ad that features some NES and SNES games. I was pretty excited about it at first, but upon closer inspection it looks like mostly common titles with some duplicates. I'm starting to think this is just a collector/reseller looking to offload their extras at marked up prices. Thoughts?

Considering how much he's emphasizing the video games (it's the first pic, it's the title, and the first thing listed) I would say the prices would be marked up; doesn't hurt to try though.

Pretty meh morning today.

Got:

Yahtzee handheld-1.00 (my 4th of the season, ha ha)

DDR Mario Mix Dance Pad/box (no game)-2.00 (I already have the game from when Gamestop was closing out GC stuff so its cool, glad to have it)

That's all unfortunately, but one lady took my # and is going to text me a picture of a bunch of NES games tonight, we'll see what she has, may be a score, said she has a lot.

It was slow most of the morning but I found a couple of great finds at the end to make it a good day. Funny though, at 10:00 after 2 hours out I would have said crap day, then in the last hour I did great.

Early finds:

CIB Snafu for Intellivision: 1.00. Still had a 2.99 goodwill sticker on it, said only one she still had. I was cool for 1.00, I don't have a lot of games for my intellivision.

Price of Persia (360)

The Saboteur (360)

Crash Bandicoot the Huge Adventure (GBA)

Paid $7.00 for the three. Not bad.

Then I started to do okay. Found a GBC with a carrying case, worm light and 7 games:

Rocket Power Gettin Air

Tony Hawks Pro Skater

Madden 2002

Doug's Big Game

Yoshi's Cookie

Mario Land 2 6 Golden Coins

Kirby's Dream Land 2

Total price? $5.00. Worked for me.

My last sale was my best score though. They had a bunch of games for $1.00 for PS2, ,but mostly junk. I did pick out:

Crash Bandicoot GH (PS1)

The Adventures of Cookie and Cream

Mega Man Anniversary Collection

I asked if they had anything older and she remembered they had an N64.

She pulls out a jungle green N64, with two controllers (one official, one really awful looking third party), a racing controller (not the wheel), the expansion pack, all the cords, and 13 games. Mostly junk, but I did see DK64, Mario Kart 64, and Hydro Thunder. I asked how much for all including the 3 PS2 games. She said $30.00. I told her I had $24.00 on me and she said that was fine. Works for me.

Finally found a sale with a decent selection of games.  Managed to get all this for $20:

NES

Excitebike

Yoshi's Cookie

Galaga

Top Gun

SNES

Super Mario World

The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past

NBA Jam

Secret of Evermore

GBC

Pokemon Crystal

PS1

Spyro

Lunar Silver Star Story Complete

N64

Wave Race 64

Pilotwings 64

I started the day off by grabbing an empty DSi box. The lady thought the DSi was in there. Hopefully the coins have not been redeemed.

PS2 and GTA:VC was $8

I got this binder of PS1 games for $1. Worth it for Metal Gear Solid alone. Also got some decent manuals. If anyone needs one let me know

And my favorite score of the day. Both seasons of samurai Jack for $5. The Sesame Street collections for $2.50.

that is obviously a flea market seller (who is probably too cheap/lazy to actually set up at a real flea market or sell on ebay) I wouldn't bother, more than likely the prices will be higher than ebay and you will end up missing something good at a real yard sale while you are wasting time with that guy

BTW this reminds me, I love how people assume California Raisins are worth a lot of money because they're from the 80s. I remember once looking at some at a sale and asking how much and the guy rips them from my hand and yells "THOSE AREN'T FOR SALE! IM PUTTING THOSE ON EBAY! THEY ARE WORTH TOO MUCH MONEY TO SELL HERE!". About 15 minutes later I bought a bag of about 20 of them for $2 at another sale in the same neighborhood!

If you think that's bad, head up a couple of blocks to the Collector's Corner. All of the sudden I'm seeing these ads about going on some kind of crypto-metaphysical journey, creating a swap meet area--most of them don't have addresses, but they all feature video games and comic books. Here's the best one, conveniently placed behind their business:

I'm setting up at a swap meet and thought I would post some of things I will be selling on here (the swap meet will be behind the store). Prices will be more than fair (pretty much downright cheap). I will have tons of:

Vintage Toys - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, GI Joe, Superheroes, Ghostbusters, etc...
Newer Toys - Power Rangers, Transformers, etc...
Vintage Skateboards
Original Nintendo with games like Zelda, Mario, etc...
Super Nintendo
Sega Genesis
Old School Gameboy with tons of games
Comic books
A load of Pop Culture stuff - 70s, 80s and 90s
Star Wars stuff (mostly vintage)
Japanese toys - Ultraman, Godzilla
Stuff for the ladies - Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, Rainbow Brite, My Little Pony, etc...
A bunch of old school WWF figures (pre WWE)

If you grew up in the 80s you do not want to miss this sale. Along with all of that my wife will be selling chocolate covered bacon. There will also be a number of other people selling stuff too. The sale starts at 10 and runs until 4. It will be under a tent too! I'm motivated to get rid of a lot of inventory so bring your cash or credit (I will accept credit cards).
Yard sales, now accepting credit cards. Right. If you were a true yard sale or flea market, we wouldn't need credit cards.

If you think that's bad, head up a couple of blocks to the Collector's Corner. All of the sudden I'm seeing these ads about going on some kind of crypto-metaphysical journey, creating a swap meet area--most of them don't have addresses, but they all feature video games and comic books. Here's the best one, conveniently placed behind their business:

Yard sales, now accepting credit cards. Right. If you were a true yard sale or flea market, we wouldn't need credit cards.
I shit you not, there was a guy peddling CDs out ot the back of his car at BBY who came out with a CC reader when I told him I don't have any cash.

bread's done
Back