2013 Yard Sale Thread

I've actually seen a lot of people accepting credit cards lately, some of whom aren't overpriced but are just normal garage sales. It is so easy to take them through a phone now that a lot of people are trying it.

You have to pay a percent on each transaction I think if you use something like the square reader so for the $1-10 sales that occur around here at yard sales its probably not worth it, it might be worth it for something $50 and up though. But it kind of takes the fun out of haggling.

Yo I think I just got an amazing deal. I found a mint copy of the Link To The Past for the Snes today for Fifty Cents. I actually just started collecting snes games so I was shocked when I saw it. :D

Also I don't know if I'd trust using my credit card on some machine at a yard sale

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to pay a percent on each transaction I think if you use something like the square reader so for the $1-10 sales that occur around here at yard sales its probably not worth it, it might be worth it for something $50 and up though. But it kind of takes the fun out of haggling.
Its the same percent no matter how much the item costs. I think most are like 6%. What's the difference between $00.06 on a $1.00 transaction or $3.00 on a $50.00 one? I've used one, these things are very secure and they require signature and everything just like any other card reader.

I only had one find today but I think it's a good one, I got the sunburst guitar for guitar hero, the wireless 360 one for $2.50. Saw a lot of other overpriced stuff, $40 for Wii Fit, a couple weeks ago a lady had one for $3 and it was not selling and an $85 kinect in the box (just the kinect). So if I have the guitar hero world tour sunburst guitar which games would this one be compatible with, I think the games are only a few dollars each at GS so I wouldn't mind picking one up.

2ll0f7q.jpg

Contact (DS, Complete) - 1
Final Fantasy Tactics, Puzzle Star Sweep & A Generic PS1 Memory Card - 1.25

From 2 different sales, everything was asking price. The PS1 games were .50 each and .25 for the memory card.

Non Find BS Friday -
Was out Friday for about 2 and a half hours and went to 16 sales.

Sorcerer's Maze - .50
Playstation 2 System Only (DRE) - 10
3 Complete Genesis Games - .75

The PS2 was 15 but took 10. The other games were all asking price.

Non Find BS Saturday -
Got out early as the first sale started at 7 and advertised "video games". Was out for just over 2 hours and got to 19 sales. I got the PS1 game at the first sale which was mostly PS2 games and the only thing worth noting was a Pokemon Center Gold Game Boy Advance System but it was marked $30. Second sale advertised Playstation 2 games & systems, first thing I notice was Firefighter F.D. 18 on the top of one stack, second thing I notice is that it's marked "$35 Rare". Probably at least 50 PS2 games but nothing else particularly special and I don't really take a good look at the prices but did notice some games 3 & some 6. 3 Other PS2 systems (2 fat & 1 slim) each with everything needed and a memory card and marked $45 each. I have been to both of these sales before and even remember the PS2 one having a $100 boxed Wii a year or two ago.The house I got the Genesis stuff at I was at Friday and stopped back on Saturday as they hinted at what sounded like Nintendo games in the attic. I stop back and it sounded like they didn't look in the attic but did find the 3 games amongst some stuff that they had out and were still sorting and held on to them for me when they found them on Friday. They each say .25 as if they were bought at a yard sale for that much once upon a time.

I knew today was going to be weird, but you guys might like this. I went to that Raspe Ave sale that Mike_TV mentioned, and as expected it was overflowing with sports games plus similar crapola. Silent Service CIB was still sitting there too, $10. I was able to wriggle an original NES controller and a Star Tropics 2 game out of them for $3--a good tip for the newbies out there, if you think it's going to be a reseller or someone with stiff prices, visit closer to noon ;)

Also picked up a Complete Poems of Emily Dickinson (book) and a sealed Shawn of the Dead dvd at another sale, spent $1.50.

Ironically enough my best haul of the day was from the last sale-- none other than the Collector's Corner which I visited purely for the lulz and to see the high prices. For whatever reason though the sidewalk sellers must've been friends or distant relatives of the store, it was enough to make my jaw drop and my legs dawdle with how reasonable their prices were. Here's what I snagged:

Paper Mario (GC, Complete) - $5

Duck Hunt (CIB)

Ultima: Warriors of Destiny CIB :hot:

Final Fantasy 7 (GH, Complete)

Mike Tyson's Punch Out (nes)

Dragon Spirit (thought it was dragon fighter, wasn't taking any chances there)

Link's Awakening (cart + manual)

Rescue of Princess Blobette (cart + manual)

All for $45

Next I picked up a loose NES console + 2 controllers and a zapper, with some CIBs I hesitated on earlier because the boxes were rough. Here's the run down:

Bases Loaded 4

Gradius (CIB)

Hogan's Alley

Ms. Pac-Man (CIB)

Super Mario Bros (CIB)

Super Mario Bros 2 (CIB)

Super Mario Bros 3 (CIB)

Super sprint CB

Tetris

TMNT (CIB)

Wizard and Warriors (CIB)

Zelda 1 + manual and map

The guy tossed in a ps1 lightgun in box too, I figured I couldn't go wrong for $65. Plus he topped the deal off with these ps1 titles as freebies, all complete:

Area 51

Civilization 2

Twisted Metal 3

By this time I was collapsing under the weight of my box and fending off the curious trying to pick it; but I wasn't done, not by a long shot!

Pikmin 2 (disc only, rough)

Tales of Symphonia (discs only, rough)

Final Fantasy Tactics (ps1 GH, complete)

Super Mario World (SNES)

Magical Quest (SNES)

Super Mario Advance 2

Mario Kart Super Circuit (2x)

Warioland 4
Yu-Gi-Oh Reshef of Destruction

$35 for this batch.

All in all not a bad day, even though heatstroke nearly got me at the end while carrying back my mobster loot. If you're thinking of doing a five hour run with no fluids or AC, watch out!

After a month long dry spell for garage sales, I finally had a good weekend.

- Pink Ribbon DS lite w/o charger or stylus - $10

- Thin PS2 w/ 2 controllers, memory card, power brick and 10 games - $10

- Xbox w/ a blue controller, all cables and a thin PS2 w/ 2 controllers, power brick, 5 sets of composite cables and 6 games – $20

- Rampage Total Destruction (PS2) - $2

- Redsteel (Wii) - $1

I know others have said it here before, always ask the sellers if they have video games for sale. Three out of the four systems I picked up this weekend were from asking if they had video games or electronics. For whatever reason, the sellers didn't have the systems out.

I picked up super smash bros melee, luigis mansion, mario party 6, some undersea monopoly game, and a fury of the clansmen board game for $15 at the first sale of the day.

Nothing much else after that, I should have gone home.

Nothing much else after that, I should have gone home.
Quitting is tough . . . there's always the possibility that the next sale will have the big score. "Just one more . . . OK, one more after that . . . what about that sign? . . ."

But if you get something decent when you're about to quit it only pushes you to keep going.

Quitting is tough . . . there's always the possibility that the next sale will have the big score. "Just one more . . . OK, one more after that . . . what about that sign? . . ."

But if you get something decent when you're about to quit it only pushes you to keep going.
Yeah, that's what kept me going. I've had some great finds late in the day, too, so I'm always chasing the yard sale dragon.

Went to Trash and Treasures yesterday, which is a community wide event held once a year in my local town.  Stopped at a sale before getting there and picked up a N64 with 2 official controllers, one gray and one ice blue.  Both of which are in perfect condition.  1 memory card and Sonic the Hedgehog and Mortal Kombat for sega genesis for $16.  

Finally got into town where there is stuff everywhere and found nothing but overpriced stuff, go figure.  I did pick up a Guitar Hero controller for $3 though.

Nothing today.....

Went to a sale and saw a TI-83 calculator.  Picked it up and asked how much the guy wanted for it, he said $60.  So I laughed a little and said "haha I dont know make me an offer".  He responds with "I dont know?  $50?"  The guy was fucking serious.....I thought that $60 offer was some ridiculously high price to joke around with me.....idiot.  I hope he has fun eating his calculator tonight  :nottalking:

Battle Squadron is a great SHMUP. If you've got a Genesis/Mega Drive, definitely check it out.
I most definitively do have a Genesis but didn't have Battle Squadron until now, good to hear that it's worth playing as I remember it yet don't even remember if I ever rented/played it back in the day.

I hope he has fun eating his calculator tonight :nottalking:
Numbers taste GREAT!

I can related I had somebody that had 2 TI-xx calculators at a yard sale a few weeks ago I think they wanted 85 for both. I even saw a record setting asking price on a game at the flea market today ($50)

Got bubble bobble one and part 2 for Nes for $4. Also has boxes and manuals for them both. Nice 400$ + profit. First time finding a great find

All of the sudden I'm seeing these ads about going on some kind of crypto-metaphysical journey, creating a swap meet area--most of them don't have addresses, but they all feature video games and comic books.
I totally hit the weird swap meet one! I tried the one that seemed like the flea marketer and they totally turned out to be, but they also talked about how much they had enjoyed the games they were selling, so at least they weren't totally worthless people (still didn't buy anything, though). Then I tried a few more sales in the area; an older couple said they had a Nintendo packed away somewhere but didn't want to get it at and at another I bought a couple of Mario Kart RC cars off of a kid for $5 (I'm going to try to fix them up and make a little Mario Kart racetrack at MAGFest). Then I saw the swap meet person had updated their listing with an address, so I decided to try it before I had to get home (my wife needed the car at 10). I get up there and find that the woman locked herself out while setting up but still had some video game stuff out, so I managed to get all of the the stuff below for $35. Not a bad day, all and all, though I wish I'd had more time out.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:22763]

They're the controllers for the Mario Kart RC cars. Half the reason I bought them was because I was so enamored that they made the controllers look like actual GC ones.

There's a really strange lack of sales the last couple weeks. Didn't have anything like this last year. Not just a lack advertising games, a lack advertising. I made the best route I could, I'll just have to keep a look out for signs.

Had a pretty awesome morning. Went out and got the following:

Microvision system in box (not sure if complete) w/ Block Buster and Block Buster manual. Does have the foam but not sure if this had a manual for the system itself, it probably did.

Pinball game for Microvision CIB

Total cost? $5.00.

Two SNES games: Full Throttle and Bass Masters Classic. $1.00 each, mainly grabbed them because both had dust covers.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 (Xbox) $1.00

Atari 5200 with 6 controllers, track ball controller, and 8 games. Games are Ms Pac Man, Pac Man, Real Sports Tennis, Football, Frogger, Super Breakout, Jungle Hunt, Pole Position. All cords, haven't gotten to test yet. Total cost? $10.00. If the controllers all work thos will make me some nice money. Keeping the system and a few as well as the track ball but...

WWF Wrestlemania 2000 (N64): $00.25.

Grand Theft Auto (PS1) (disc only): $00.25

Metal Gear Solid (PS1): $00.50 (missing disc one, didn't realize until I got home...)

Star Wars Masters of Teras Kasi (PS1): $00.50

Red Asphalt (PS1): $00.50

Tekken (PS1): $00.50

Ninja Shadow of Darkness (PS1): $00.50

You Don't Know Jack Mock 2 (PS1): $00.50

Rogue Trip (PS1): $00.50

Street Fighter Alpha 3 (PS1): $00.50

Monster Rancher (PS1): $00.50

Pokemon Puzzle League CB (N64): $1.00 (no manual sadly)

Sonic CD (Sega CD), Ecco the Dolphin (Sega CD), Sega Arcade Classics (Sega CD), Dark Wizard (Sega CD): $10.00 total

Pretty good morning.

I totally hit the weird swap meet one! I tried the one that seemed like the flea marketer and they totally turned out to be, but they also talked about how much they had enjoyed the games they were selling, so at least they weren't totally worthless people (still didn't buy anything, though). Then I tried a few more sales in the area; an older couple said they had a Nintendo packed away somewhere but didn't want to get it at and at another I bought a couple of Mario Kart RC cars off of a kid for $5 (I'm going to try to fix them up and make a little Mario Kart racetrack at MAGFest). Then I saw the swap meet person had updated their listing with an address, so I decided to try it before I had to get home (my wife needed the car at 10). I get up there and find that the woman locked herself out while setting up but still had some video game stuff out, so I managed to get all of the the stuff below for $35. Not a bad day, all and all, though I wish I'd had more time out.
It's good to see that ad panned out for you; are you into Atari much? I've seen quite a few Atari lots in this area.

There's a really strange lack of sales the last couple weeks. Didn't have anything like this last year. Not just a lack advertising games, a lack advertising. I made the best route I could, I'll just have to keep a look out for signs.
That is happening to me too. Last year I got tons of stuff, at least one decent item per week, sonetimes a car full of stuff. By 11am I would have hit 40-50 sales. This year I am lucky to find 10 sales all day. Maybe all the people wanting ebay prices (ie: every single person in my town) are just giving up because they aren't becoming millionaires off their garbage like they assumed they would? It sure does seem that this thread is not nearly as big as it was in previous years either and we aren't seeing the same amount of insanely huge or rare finds on here. Not to mention all through the midwest its been storming the entire summer

6h6nes.jpg

Nintendo DS System & Games - 50

Asking price was 60 I offered 40 which was countered with 50 being the best they would do.

Non Find BS -
Was out for about an hour and 15 minutes and only 6 sales being the holiday weekend. Only thing worth noting was at one sale when I asked about video games the lady mentioned that they already sold a Wii then told Jr something about 10 dollars for him so I'm guessing it sold pretty fast if that is what they sold the Wii for, this was about 8:30 I was at this sale. With so few sales on Saturday I went to one sale nearby and didn't find anything.

Thanks to July 4th being on a Thursday it seems to have pretty much killed off yard sales for both last week and this week. Only found a couple of sales, but got a DS Lite for $10 And a Sega Pico with two books for $6.

I hit the jackpot today but it wasn't anything really gaming. So I go to the first sale and they had original Kenner ROTJ Star Wars ships in the box. Imperial Shuttle, Y-wing Etc. The dude was asking $20 and I jumped.

The next couple of sales weren't all that but I did find some stuff

Crash Team Racing- $1

Republic Commando- $2

More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark Book- $1

Last edited:
If you want to trade one of those Megadrive controllers let me know.
I'm not in RI anymore, but if you happen to be up around the Medford and Cambridge area at all I'd be willing.

As for this week - I'm guessing the extreme heat and the holiday weather made it a tough. Barely any sales.

Sale 1:

Stars Wars II The original Trilogy for Gamecube

Call of the Wild TV series (sealed) on DVD

2 different Pokemon guide books

All for $3

Sale 2

Ninja Gaiden Sigma PS3

Bioshock PS3

Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction PS3

Zelda: Wind Waker (minty)

All for $15

Also picked up some Simpsons toys, Life is Hell book, and a He-man kids book for $5

This sale annoyed me a little. Lost out on 3 complete Gameboy games (but the kid was there first so it was okay). The second thing was after I asked a guy about games and he starts pulling them out for me to check out this chick dives in and starts grabbing them. She grabbed Sonic 3, Sonic 2 and Street Fighters all for Genesis. After she did that I started just immediately taking them out of the guys hand and looking at them. That is how I got Wind Waker. The girl then waddled off to call her boyfriend/husband to see if she should buy the games or what.

Sale 3:

DK Country 3 for GBA with no sticker for $1

Lady said they had a ton of games earlier but some guy took them all and left these behind. I checked and saw it was DK so I grabbed it for a buck.

Sale 4:

3 DVD set sealed of NOVA documentary dvds (Weather stuff) for $2

I can't find any of the complete set on ebay but I saw the individual ones selling for 10 each sealed.

There were a few more sales that I didn't bother listing that were full of crap.

Next week I'm on vacation for SD comic-con. I'm suppose to land in SD at 930 am. I might take the rental car on a trip around there for yard sales.

So today has been a really good day. I picked up a bunch of manga and movies plus a game. 

edit nvm I figured it out

All the manga were .25 cents each

The Movies were $1.00 each 

and Adventures of Lolo was $1.00

40 GB Hard Drive was $1. The lady wanted $2 but I talked her down since I just wanted it for spare parts
HGLUJwD.jpg
On0x5gT.jpg
IMmWtnD.jpg
DrzFTrj.jpg
J3OqHUr.jpg

py10mJD.jpg

Super Nintendo - 6

Lost Odyssey - 4.50

Halo 2 Collector's edition- 2

Half-minute hero- 3

Rogue Spear - 50 cents

Resident Evil Director's Cut- 2

Twisted Metal III- 2

Twisted Metal 2 - 2

Street Fighter 2-2

Pacman 2- Free

Mario Kart 64- 5

Ape Escape (no case but with manual) - 2

Mario Party 8 -4

Super Mario Galaxy- 4

I'm really going to miss this area when my internship ends in three weeks...

Held my bi-annual yard sale filled with leftovers from bundles I buy. And random things in my garage I need to get rid of.

Sold 6 incomplete gamecube / n64's and a complete with off brand controller n64 for $45

And sold about 75 games for $75, was asking $1 and $2 each, but a couple resellers came buy and made bulk offers which wasnt too far off from what I was looking for. Did sell some games here and there to random people though.

Definitely happy to get rid of all those games / systems they were cluttering up my closet. Didnt think I would do so well but sold all my systems and all but 5 games I had out for sale.

I picked this up Saturday. I paid $125 for everything. I don't really collect boxed games so most of it's for trade / sale. I might keep a few things since I love Capcom, not sure though.

9306uAa.jpg

$20 for everything!!!!  :whee:  :D :bouncy: :whee:

All of the N64 cases don't have the games, but they are otherwise complete and minty!

I'm so happy I finally found a cheap copy of Final Fantasy 7...took two years of garage sale shopping to find one :lol:

This was at an estate sale and I was told "some guy was here two hours earlier and bought BOXES of video games/systems from me".....I don't even want to know what he got if he left all this :shock:

I picked this up Saturday. I paid $125 for everything. I don't really collect boxed games so most of it's for trade / sale. I might keep a few things since I love Capcom, not sure though.
Awesome lot!

Does anyone know if the Halo Flaming Helmet codes are still in demand?

I have an opportunity to buy 6 sealed Halo Reach Legendary sets . . . but they're not cheap.

Those boxed NES games...oh how I'd love to find something like that. Especially that Mega Man 1

I went home for the 4th/Mom's birthday and stopped at a few sales. Had relatively good luck too! However, my pictures were all taken with the iPhone so they aren't THAT great.

9239643030_58395efaf5_z.jpg

While in Poplar Bluff for the 4th I found a sale that was supposed to be huge. I got there and started wandering around and then found some games. I ended up picking out the following:

Super Mario All-Stars (SNES)
Darkstalkers 3 (PS1)
Shenmue (DC)
Timestalkers (DC)
King of Fighters Dream Match 1999 (DC)
Saga Frontier (PS1)
Lunar 2 Eternal Blue (PS1)

I couldn't believe it! Games were $1 each with sets being $5 each. I ended up talking her down to $10 for the entire lot!

9226378026_e128806dc1_z.jpg

While wandering aroung back in my hometown I found a sale selling strategy guides. U asked the lady how much and she said a quarter each. While most of them were common PC guides like Diablo and Warcraft types, I managed to get a dollar's worth:

Official Final Fantasy VII Strategy Guide (Brady)
.hack Infection (Brady)
Resident Evil 5 hardback (with calendar)
Fallout 3 hardback

9223594493_874b2134ab_z.jpg

I had been wandering around town for a while back home and stumbled across this sale. I started looking through the stuff they had and then asked if they had any games. The girl \there showed me a bag and said, They didn't play it and no one wanted it so I took a peek. It was a SNES with Sunset Riders right on top! She told me the bag was $7 and I left there happy. Here us what was in the bag:

SNES system with RF/Power
Super Mario All-Stars + World
Killer Instinct
UN Squadron
Actraiser 2
Batman Returns
Sunset Riders
Monopoly
Top Gear
Wheel of Fortune Deluxe Edition
Super Street Fighter II
Super Battletank: War in the Gulf
Super Black Bass
Super Off Road: The Baja
D-Force
Family Feud
Super Caesars Palace

All for $7!!

9226363402_eb29e5ce89_z.jpg

I found these it what looked to be a sale getting rid of a bunch of stuff out of a storage unit. There were some random games mixed in the boxed of DVDs but most were empty cases. I did manage to find 2 games though:

Raven Squad
Saint's Row The Third

I ended up giving $1 for the pair of them

I got everything below (plus a few 45s - WAR, Gary Numan, Jefferson Starship) for $8.XX

The games and Blu-Ray were $1 a piece, and the guitar (which has the donlge, surprisingly) was $2.

GEDC0171_zps9844dc16.jpg

It's good to see that ad panned out for you; are you into Atari much? I've seen quite a few Atari lots in this area.
Yeah, I've seen a bunch of those as well but it's not really my thing. I picked up the Atari last week mainly because I didn't have one and I like to have stuff to take out to events to share.

I was pretty busy this past weekend so I didn't get a chance to hit many yard sales. I went to one on Friday advertising a SNES, but a local early-bird reseller that I've dubbed my nemesis bullied his way into grabbing them first. I found some pewter minis that I'm gonna share with my D&D group (see below) and my brother found RoboTrek for SNES at thrift store for $10 that I'm going to buy off of him. I'm super excited for that last one, I've wanted a copy ever since I read about it in Nintendo Power back in the day.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:22787]

Yeah, I've seen a bunch of those as well but it's not really my thing. I picked up the Atari last week mainly because I didn't have one and I like to have stuff to take out to events to share.

I was pretty busy this past weekend so I didn't get a chance to hit many yard sales. I went to one on Friday advertising a SNES, but a local early-bird reseller that I've dubbed my nemesis bullied his way into grabbing them first. I found some pewter minis that I'm gonna share with my D&D group (see below) and my brother found RoboTrek for SNES at thrift store for $10 that I'm going to buy off of him. I'm super excited for that last one, I've wanted a copy ever since I read about it in Nintendo Power back in the day.
This reminds me, I should ask a buddy of mine about the campaign he was supposed to be developing in GURPS, based on some Sci-fi channel show or another. I've got something of a gaming group that meets every two weeks, though we generally stick to Settlers, Power Grid, and Ticket to Ride. You know, lazy stuff :cool:

Anyone else go out today? Only found stuff at two sales but did well.

At one

Dark Cloud
Castlevania Lament of Innocence
Final Fantasy 7
Gundam Battle Assault

Marked 13.00 but took 10.00

Then at another asked and they brought out

White GBA
Donkey Kong Land
Super Mario Land
Super Mario Bros Deluxe
Pokemon Yellow
Mario Kart Super Circuit

5.00 for all

N64 games

The World is Not Enough grey
Goldeneye
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party 2
Blitz 2001
Bomberman 64
Spider Man
Rogue Squadron

1.00 each

Timesplitters 2 gc complete
Smash Bros Melee disc only

1.00 each

Namco PS1 arcade stick

Ugh, aggravating day today. I showed up 2 hours early to a yard sale that advertised NES, SNES, N64 and Game Boy systems games thinking I was being rude enough being that early. I didn't see any of them so I asked, and he told me someone showed up at his house at 5:30 AM and bought them all for $100. Said they were his kid's games and it was 2 NES systems, SNES system, 2 N64 systems, 4 different Game Boys, and 80 or so games all with their boxes and manuals. He wanted to look them all up before opening the yard sale at 9 but with the guy showing up so early he didn't have time.

Very next yard sale 15 minutes down the road that just advertised video games? Person got there at 6:10 AM and bought them all, this one didn't tell me what he had.

I did end up getting a Wii with 25 games (Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Play, Mario Kart and Wii Fit are the only one of note.) Came with Rock Band 2 Guitar and Drums, Balance Board, 4 Wiimotes, 4 nunchuks and TONS of the crap controller attachments that will be getting donated later today. All that was $40, but the kicker for that one was 15 minutes earlier she sold a 320GB Playstation 3, with 2 controllers, 12 games and a Rock Band set up for that all for $100.

As for other odds and ends I got:
Metal Gear Solid - PS1
DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 - PS2
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2 - PS2
Batman Vengeance - PS2
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology - PS2

All $1 each

Then Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Mario Kart Wii all for $5 each. He had more that I would have grabbed had I known they were cheap, but by the time I found out everything was $5 each the other good stuff was gone.

Ugh, aggravating day today. I showed up 2 hours early to a yard sale that advertised NES, SNES, N64 and Game Boy systems games thinking I was being rude enough being that early. I didn't see any of them so I asked, and he told me someone showed up at his house at 5:30 AM and bought them all for $100. Said they were his kid's games and it was 2 NES systems, SNES system, 2 N64 systems, 4 different Game Boys, and 80 or so games all with their boxes and manuals. He wanted to look them all up before opening the yard sale at 9 but with the guy showing up so early he didn't have time.

Very next yard sale 15 minutes down the road that just advertised video games? Person got there at 6:10 AM and bought them all, this one didn't tell me what he had.
This was basically my day. Every sale I went to said that someone already bought everything...so depressing :(

Personally, I don't believe in attending a yard sale that early...2 hours is really pushing it imo but dang, that one guy was there at 5:30am...that's just terrible. At most I show up 30 minutes early

This was basically my day. Every sale I went to said that someone already bought everything...so depressing :(
Personally, I don't believe in attending a yard sale that early...2 hours is really pushing it imo but dang, that one guy was there at 5:30am...that's just terrible. At most I show up 30 minutes early
Yea I don't like showing up that early, but in my defense it was a little after 7 and they said it started at 9 and they were already set up outside. The reality is around here if someone mentions anything old and Nintendo you have to get there early but apparently this guy is pushing the envelope to even earlier. I hate being aggressive but I may start driving by the night before ones that advertise old games and hope I catch them setting up outside. If I was having a yard sale I'd prefer that over being woken up at 530.

The worst one I ever saw was a guy who got to a 6am sale at 4am, all for 3 crappy NES sports games. The thing I hate about asking if they have any games is I always hear the "yeah someone bought all those" which basically means any other sale in the area has been picked through already. Theres a sale advertised tomorroe with a boxed NES and even Vectrex games....needless to say I'm not even going to bother because its going to be like a feeding frenzy and most likely ebay prices

I had a pretty good day today. Got:

Super Mario World 2 (SNES) - $2
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (SNES) - $2
Toy Story (SNES) - $2
Black Nintendo DS Lite - $15
Blue Gameboy Advance SP - $5
SNES controller - $1
2 books - $1.25

Yea I don't like showing up that early, but in my defense it was a little after 7 and they said it started at 9 and they were already set up outside. The reality is around here if someone mentions anything old and Nintendo you have to get there early but apparently this guy is pushing the envelope to even earlier. I hate being aggressive but I may start driving by the night before ones that advertise old games and hope I catch them setting up outside. If I was having a yard sale I'd prefer that over being woken up at 530
That's actually a really good idea about driving by at night....I may try that :) Thanks!

I don't know the area well that I'm currently in because I have an internship here and have been here for less than two months, but this weekend helped me realize how bad the resellers are where I currently am <_<

I'm going to a sale tomorrow where I asked a woman today if she had any video games and she replied "A box of Nintendo stuff" and said she will bring it tomorrow morning....here's hoping she told no one else about it and that she remembers to bring it :pray:

UPDATE: Went this morning and she said she couldn't find her games :c

bread's done
Back