2014 Thrift Store Thread - Post your finds here!

And the lukewarm streak continues.

Oh, and that Sony Vaio media center I posted last week has a calibration issue. I'm 95% sure the belt is worn out, and sadly, it seems they are impossible to find now.
Ouch. That's too bad. That looked like a cool gadget. Guessing you didn't test within 2 day return window.

Ouch. That's too bad. That looked like a cool gadget. Guessing you didn't test within 2 day return window.
We get 7 days here, but yeah. My store is pretty lenient, especially if I just want to exchange for something else, but I'll probably just hold on to it and see if I can get it to work properly.

It does work, it's just the slot/carousel alignment is inconsistent and it doesn't always eject discs properly. I can always just leave the cover off and manually remove the discs when I want to, which I may just do.

I keep on having good luck lately between my Thrift Stores. The NES games weren't the cheapest but I couldn't just leave them when I saw them. The Atari 5200 games and the Tengen NES game were .99 a piece at another thrift. Gotta remember to keep going during the week as I keep finding decent stuff during the week.

c47gzx1.jpg

Oh, you guys and your "Savers" :joystick:

Today I grabbed

Darkside Blues VHS

Doomsday Megaopolis VHS

Legend of Lemnear VHS

Gantz manga volume 1

Metal Gear Solid PS1 Black Label (like new condition, I don't think the manual has ever been opened)

all for 5.70 w/tax. They had a bunch of different anime on VHS, but they were series and inconsistent volumes. I am ok with .45 a piece for some OVA action!

I've been going through some pics...Here are some HPB finds:

$5   "No Quarter" magazines issues 1-19,21,24 I picked these up on a whim and I noticed that these have value on ebay.

Bought the SNES game because it was cheap and I didn't have it.

$9.99

Saw that they got in a nintendo that wasn't priced and that the power cord was missing. Asked what else they had for it and this is what they could find. They let me name my price.

I think I got these for 50% off when they had coupons last year, but I can't remember

more to come...

Stopped by on my way home. Here's what I found.

PS2 Splinter Cell Chaos Theory LE Steelbook $2
CD Joe Satriani - Surfing with the Alien $1
CD The Doors - Waiting for the Sun $1

Satriani is a guitar God. Nuff said.

Stopped by on my way home. Here's what I found.

PS2 Splinter Cell Chaos Theory LE Steelbook $2
CD Joe Satriani - Surfing with the Alien $1
CD The Doors - Waiting for the Sun $1

Satriani is a guitar God. Nuff said.
I will never forget the first time my Dad played that CD for me. I was like 9 or so, and it blew my mind. Nice pick up.

I think I got these for 50% off when they had coupons last year, but I can't remember

I wish I could find Gamecube Games for those prices at my HPB.  The only decent GC game they had at mine was Luigi's Mansion and they wanted $34.99 for it!  Even with a half off sale it's still not that great of a price.  And even worse, it was missing the manual.

Found a couple things today.

Decided to pick this up since I don't have a case for my vita. If I don't like it, oh well lol.

Been looking for this game for a while now, pretty pumped to find it. No manual but for $3.99 I'm happy.

3rd copy of this I've found at thrifts. This is the first one without a box or manual though.

Lastly, I found like 30 of these for .99 a piece. I opened one, they look like keychains. I didn't actually buy them, but I thought maybe someone would know something about them. Tell me I didn't make a mistake passing on them lol. Thanks for looking guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I went back. 2 boxes were open but I bought them up. Here's the open ones.

Total of 33 sealed, and 2 open. Thanks for the advice guys!

todays finds

Crash Team Racing- Disc Only, .50

Super Monkey Ball 2 GC- No Manual, 2 bucks

Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2 GC- Complete, 2 bucks

Those DQ keychains...how the fuck those ended up at a thrift store I will never understand

I think those DQ keychains were part of a giveaway promo.  I have a couple around here somewhere.

Those DQ keychains...how the fuck those ended up at a thrift store I will never understand
Ive seen something like this at a goodwill before...

About a year ago my local goodwill had about 30 silk cloth maps that appear in the Lunar 2 Complete PSX edition. Just the maps, no games boxes etc. BUT they were still individually wrapped and new. I honestly have no idea where they came from. I only bought one because each was 2 bucks, kinda should have picked up more I guess...

Brand new Canon PIXMA mini 260- $20

Metroid Prime/Fusion guide- $0.70

The Eshop cards with the AR cards came from Target. I didnt know you could charge tax on something like those! Basically I paid $32 to get $30 of Eshop credit.....thats not right. Plus if I remember correctly Nintendo will charge even more tax when I go to download a game! 

DVD's $2
24 season 2
24 season 3
Godfather 2
Godfather 3

CD $1
Grateful Dead - Europe '72 disc 2

Happy with this just wish the first part of each of these was there. Won't be back there this weekend. Was surprised the Dead CD was there.

Ive seen something like this at a goodwill before...

About a year ago my local goodwill had about 30 silk cloth maps that appear in the Lunar 2 Complete PSX edition. Just the maps, no games boxes etc. BUT they were still individually wrapped and new. I honestly have no idea where they came from. I only bought one because each was 2 bucks, kinda should have picked up more I guess...
that is one of the strangest things I have ever heard.

I actually bought one of those maps at a garage sale a couple years ago...IDK if I ever posted it, but I believe the guy said they gave them out at E3 or some type of trade show as SWAG. Maybe an Anime convention? So the extras may have been from something like that.

Thrift stores are usually a miss for me.

Went to the Salvation Army and they had a big stack of PS3 games behind the counter. Only one that wasn't a worthless music game or sports was Rock Band 3. I asked for it, they pulled it out of the case and of course disc is missing.

Picked up 5 seasons of scrubs for 3 bucks each, Yoshis Island DS for 9 (forgot my 30% off coupon :(.)  and a few random mangas for 99 cents each last night.

No gaming stuff today, but I did somehow manage to get a Ti-83 Plus calculator for only $1.49. Haven't found a cheap one in quite a while, plus it's clean and works great and even came with batteries.

Sorry for the blurry pic (too lazy to take another one after I realized it), picked this bundle up for $10 at a church thrift store (same one I got the VB games from earlier in the year).  While nothing spectacular, happy enough to get FFA for my collection, and the Game Boy is in really good shape.  Most of the time I just see junk ones at thrifts, so it was a good change of pace.

med_gallery_350075_7875_3332.jpg

While nothing spectacular, happy enough to get FFA for my collection, and the Game Boy is in really good shape.
Final Fantasy Adventure was the second RPG I ever played. I never finished it because I got stuck trying to find a cave in an oasis. Only until the Internets and GameFAQs were created did I ever figure it out.

Grabbed a beat up but complete copy of pikmin for $5. Also saw a nice boxed Saturn but they wanted $45 so I passed. Gonna see if they lower the price.

Final Fantasy Adventure was the second RPG I ever played. I never finished it because I got stuck trying to find a cave in an oasis. Only until the Internets and GameFAQs were created did I ever figure it out.
Yes, the figure eight trees... I think that puzzle killed countless playthroughs.

found an n64 with power adapter but I already have 2 so I just bought the power adapter for $1 also found The Lucy Show complete dvd set sealed for $2.

Pretty meh day for me to be honest.

Empire Earth (Jewel Case with Disc)                 $0.25

Off brand wireless Gamecube Controller            $1.50

Red Steel                                                           $0.99

PS2 Controller (First Party)                                $3.00

Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge Wii U (Sealed)      $5.00

I used to feel so alone. Now I know I'm not the only one. Wish I still had this game, I can't remember if I sold it or if it's languishing in my mom's storage unit 2000 miles away.

Lego lot tonight at the thrift. 

gallery_354731_8396_1130099.jpg

The mini figs and a big fig. 

gallery_354731_8396_491166.jpg

These Takara robots were mixed in the lot.  1984 copyright?  That's thirty years now. 

gallery_354731_8396_976172.jpg

Bought these Legos for my daughter and I to add to our brick tub.  Don't know anything about the value of this stuff.  Any of you Lego guys have any idea on value?   

I'm not a lego guy, but I think a general rule of thumb is minifigures are $1 each minimum and legos are $5 per pound (both conservative estimates). I do know that vintage legos are worth more and they tend to be "thinner" bricks.

Takara was the company that made transformers in Japan. I never had any of that collection, but I believe they are called blockmen. They were used to make bigger stuff, but I think they also had a lot of other parts that are missing. I'm not sure how much value they have in the American market because I think people don't realize what they are.

I went to Goodwill today and bought this, but what is it? The top flips up and the Jurassic Park for Sega Genesis cart that I bought along with it fits onto it, but for what purpose? They were $1.99 each, in case you were wondering.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24218]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24219]

Also picked up "Tale of Two Sisters" (Korean horror) DVD for $2.99 and "Ran" (Japanese film) for $2.99.

Not much of a find, but picked The Simpsons Season 4 for 3.99 and SW Republic Commando :xbox:, complete for $2.  Definitely better than the dryspell I have been having.

I went to Goodwill today and bought this, but what is it? The top flips up and the Jurassic Park for Sega Genesis cart that I bought along with it fits onto it, but for what purpose? They were $1.99 each, in case you were wondering.

Also picked up "Tale of Two Sisters" (Korean horror) DVD for $2.99 and "Ran" (Japanese film) for $2.99.
That's Sonic & Knuckles. The game is standalone, plus if you plug in Sonic 2 or 3, it changes/combines elements of the games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_%26_Knuckles

bread's done
Back