2014 Yardsale thread

I remember when I booked Jello Biafra for his spoken word tour. Unfortunately I had to double book events, so I had to go to the concert and I didn't get to hear him speak/meet him.
He is coming to Pitt this month with his new band (Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine), I really think skipping work is appropriate for that kind of occasion.

You may be old enough to remember The Crucifucks. That guy has an interesting story concerning his life nowadays.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Dokstarr, you can look at the UPC on the very bottom of the unit and where is says 1001, 2001, 3001 etc, that is where you will know the model. you can find more about that here: http://psp.about.com/od/hardwarefirmware/a/Psp-Specifications-for-all-models.htm

Had a pretty good weekend myself! Here are the main highlights:

14441862443_c503dfa4e2_b.jpg

Probably the best find of the day. I headed to our local Vocational School's yard sale which is usually packed. However, I beat everyone there this time and picked up these 2 cool items.

Sansui Stereo Amplifier AU-7500
Sonic Racing Sonic Car

They listed total for $2.50 but she wouldn't budge to $2 even. I was thinking about picking up an original xbox for $10 but when she wouldn't budge on her price I decided to pass.

14420540354_507a2c6cc6_b.jpg

Picked these up strictly for trade fodder. The lady running the sale wanted $5 each and then when we realized that we knew each other she said I could take all 3 for $5. Ended up with:

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel
The Walking Dead
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

14235221137_a27a64d023_b.jpg

his was a nice pickup especially with the trade I got on NSMB previously. The CDs were for the wife. Ended up with:

Craig Morgan Greatest Hits
Craig Morgan That's Why
New Super Mario Bros DS

I offered $1 for all the things together and they took it.

14235081118_47a92b01e3_b.jpg

This was a nice find. The kid that was selling them wanted $5 each which was reasonable but I offered him $5 for 2 and he took it. I picked up:

Rapala for Kinect (Sealed)
Disney Universe (Target Exclusive, Sealed)
Nice find - just don't expect the target dlc code to work.

I have never bought Skylanders before this sale in stores or at garage sales. So finding this mother load first sale is a win for me.

I pulled up to this sale and this 12 year old kid has the small figures listed at $1 and the Giants were $2. I ask the kid how much for everything. The mom chimes in "how about $30?" He seemed upset by his mom's offer. I ask if they had the game but he couldn't find it but found the portal. Anyway I knew that Skylanders were worth a lot more than that offer so I paid up. I get home and I find out that in the lot there is every figure, adventure set, and accessory from Sklander's Adventures along with a few from Giants. There are 56 figures and a bag so that comes out to about 54 cents a figure! Now I just need to get the cards for the figures and the game.
Nice pickup! I missed a similar deal a few weeks ago.

I wouldn't worry about the cards, though. I have the cards for the ones I've bought and have never done anything with them.

Expired because of date.
That's interesting! I've not used DLC codes in some time but that would make perfect sense. Oddly though, I've still got codes for trade that are from ages ago that still are valid it seems like a car pack from Forza 3. Are there different rules for different codes?

That's interesting! I've not used DLC codes in some time but that would make perfect sense. Oddly though, I've still got codes for trade that are from ages ago that still are valid it seems like a car pack from Forza 3. Are there different rules for different codes?
it all depends from my experience. I have had some codes expire on me (160 MSP from the XBLA triple pack) yet just thiis past week I used an "expired" code for Metasonic in Sonic Racing Transformed.

What car pack is it from forza? I may want it

it all depends from my experience. I have had some codes expire on me (160 MSP from the XBLA triple pack) yet just thiis past week I used an "expired" code for Metasonic in Sonic Racing Transformed.

What car pack is it from forza? I may want it
It was a legends pack. I literally just threw it on twitter. You can follow me @mirpkered and see if it's still active.

It may be different on the 360, but I had that code for the ps3 and it didn't work when it was a year old.

@Dokstarr, you can look at the UPC on the very bottom of the unit and where is says 1001, 2001, 3001 etc, that is where you will know the model. you can find more about that here: http://psp.about.com/od/hardwarefirmware/a/Psp-Specifications-for-all-models.htm

Had a pretty good weekend myself! Here are the main highlights:

14441862443_c503dfa4e2_b.jpg

Probably the best find of the day. I headed to our local Vocational School's yard sale which is usually packed. However, I beat everyone there this time and picked up these 2 cool items.

Sansui Stereo Amplifier AU-7500
Sonic Racing Sonic Car

They listed total for $2.50 but she wouldn't budge to $2 even. I was thinking about picking up an original xbox for $10 but when she wouldn't budge on her price I decided to pass.
Nice find on the Sansui, thats one thing people overlook at the thrifts and garage sales, vintage audio equipment is hot right now and worth quite a bit, I've made quite a bit on the side flipping stuff and a lot of its fun to buy honestly. Found an old Sansei Equalizer at my savers a few weeks ago for $5 bucks, thing sells for $150 easy, crazy what people pay for stuff.

I still use sansui speakers I picked up at a garage sale about 15-20 years ago (I didn't think it had been that long). Mainly because I can't find any new speakers that I like other than some infinity ones I bought for my parents about 10 years ago.

There is a guy at my local SAVERS that only shops for stereo equipment. I haven't found where he sells it yet though. I've bought a few things there when they used to be cheap like a betamax player and a mini disc player, but I haven't seen much "quality" stuff there. I passed on a $50 90's SONY component system at a sale last week. I just don't have room for it, but the speakers were 220 watts, so I know it was worth it.

A few years ago, I bought a boxed genny at a sale and the lady also had a vintage harmon kardon receiver for $15. I was too busy racing for the sega, so the other guy that was there before they opened snagged the receiver for "his church". I later saw him every week after that looking for stereo equipment for his "church". I thought about saying, "Your church must have an awesome setup! I've seen you buy 3 receivers today! Which one is it? I would like to check it out!"

My enemies (the 2 douches that wronged me) always say they are buying "for a daycare" or for his "granddaughter". Last time I saw them he was looking at a collection of collector's plates and porcelain bells for his "granddaughter's shelf". I think the homeowner wasn't buying what he was saying because she had literally over 200 bells for sale and was a former collector and he offered her next to nothing for them.

I'm so sleepy, IDK where I was going with all of that...

EDIT: I think my speakers are the cheap ones though. Ive never really liked the sound. sp-x6 is the model number. They look cool though.

Had a pretty good Saturday morning despite having to run an errand of the middle. I've got pics for the bigger lots but not for everything.

For my first stop, I hit up the gentleman from the week before with the sealed PS2 games. I was hoping he'd have some PS1 games this week, but he didn't bring them; said he didn't think anyone would be interested in them since they were so old. He did bring some strategy guides, so I got all of the games below plus a bunch of guides (Dark Cloud 2, Parasite Eve 1 & 2, Zone of the Enders, etc.) for $100. I'm overpaying a little, but all but the top 3 games are sealed and some are going to MAGFest anyway. We exchanged e-mail addresses and I've already hit him up about the PS1 games. Considering what I've already bought off of him, I bet he'll have some good PS1 titles I can get for a cheap.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24197]

After this my wife called, saying that our dog had a pretty bad eye infection. I had headed home and we ran her to the vet. She's doing much better, and I went back out for some more sales around 10am.

Upon my return to the hunt I hit up a sale advertising Wii games. I picked up Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Galaxy, and No More Heroes for $10.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24200]

Next sale also advertised Wii games, but when I got there anything good was gone. The guy did, however have stacks and stacks of trade paperbacks for $1, so I picked up a pretty impressive collection of Hellboy and Mouseguard. He also had an old complete XBox (not pictured)  with a bunch of the better games (see below) that I picked up for $20,  along with a golden lucky cat bank that I thought my wife would like. I got all the books, the game and system, and the cat for $51.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24198]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24199]

Next stop had a PS2 slim and some junk games for $25. I wanted to haggle, but the owner had stepped away to get something to eat and left their mother watching the sale, and she didn't feel comfortable lowering the price. It wasn't a total bust, though, as I found a sealed DCKR guide for $0.25 and this cute little wooden keg and goblets for a friend for $1.

Hit a sale on my way back home and found a blue GBA SP-001 with a Madden game for $5.

Lastly, I hit one more sale down the block from me and grabbed a 24" Samsung Syncmaster monitor for a friend for $5. It's a little dirty but seems to work fine. Asked about video games and they mentioned they sold all their systems a few weeks ago. Ah well.

So yeah, a pretty good day! I did way better than I thought I would considering the drama in the middle.

I need to make at least 2 -3 posts a week to catch up, so here is a post ;)

6-7-14 (these dates don't mean much anymore, but I use them to break up everything into sets of 6 pics so I am not making monster posts)

$2 total for the box. DBZ, Atari flashback, etc

These were at the estate sale that I missed the NES at. Paid $1 total

magic the gathering...I know nothing about what cards are good.

Apple branded cable (I know apple branded stuff used to be expensive, not sure if that is the case anymore)

Battlestar Galactica novel from 1978 with dustjacket in nice shape ;)

Price as marked American Pickers and Jojo are sealed

Saw this at the same sale and the price was right...

It seems like these midi keyboards have a decent value.

:bouncy:

more to come...

If that magic card on top is a timewalk then you have some money there. Sorry can't tell from the small pic.
I believe it says "Gaseous Form" text is blurred in the photo. I believe the two others that have visible text say "Disenchant" and "Plains"

if you click the pic it takes you to the host, where you can view the original

No "timewalk" in my stuff. It looks like it is mostly spells and environments. I did a google search to try to see if any of them are decent, but I don't think they are anything special.

No "timewalk" in my stuff. It looks like it is mostly spells and environments. I did a google search to try to see if any of them are decent, but I don't think they are anything special.
I always check here if I find any Magic cards (which happened once, paid $1 for about 70 cards from the Portal set and managed to find two worth about $15-20ish).

I like that because you can view based on set plus it's quick and simple to load and browse through.

Anyone know a site for pokemon cards? Got a nice stack and pretty much all of them have the foil on them, I looked a few up on ebay but I was hoping for more of a guide...they are mostly from 2003-2007

I always check here if I find any Magic cards (which happened once, paid $1 for about 70 cards from the Portal set and managed to find two worth about $15-20ish).

I like that because you can view based on set plus it's quick and simple to load and browse through.
Yeah I found this site earlier, but I have white and black border cards. I spot checked a few of them, but I'm too lazy to go through everything.

You could just send me the cards, they probably aren't worth much :whistle2: :D/ :whee: :whee:
I'm doing you a favor by keeping them...

effd18eac277e4d5ccd286bc6b78ae9c.jpg

Yeah I found this site earlier, but I have white and black border cards. I spot checked a few of them, but I'm too lazy to go through everything.

I'm doing you a favor by keeping them...

effd18eac277e4d5ccd286bc6b78ae9c.jpg
I will take them I swear lol

The white border ones look to be from the Revised sets, and I am going to assume that the black border ones may be from sets from around that same time (The Dark, Ice Age, Fallen Empires etc).

Finds 7-20-13

Sale advertised "video games".  Show up about 9:00 after hitting a few other sales to find these at $3 each.  Not great but it ended up being the only sale that had games that weekend.  A guy walks up less than a minute after I get these and starts going through them.  Guess I was lucky to even get these.  Splinter Cell is the steel book.

Finds 7-27-13

Had to work overtime this weekend but ran into an estate sale on the way in.  There were a huge amount of DVDs in flat pack boxes priced at $2 each.  Grabbed these up since most of them had only been released a month or two prior to the date of this post.

These were at the estate sale that I missed the NES at. Paid $1 total

magic the gathering...I know nothing about what cards are good.

Some of those look like revised, the disenchant that I can see and the blue card under it. The box thats crushed on the bottom is a 4th edition box from one of the random decks they used to do. Im guessing you have a bunch from between 98-01, there are a bunch of different sites with MTG buy lists, Try Abugames or Cardkingdom. They generally give the best prices and some sites will also take cards in bulk if you dont have anything of value in the pile.

Friday morning lot.  $11 total.  Zelda missing CD.  They couldn't find Han for the Lego book so they gave my western Emmet no hat?  Looks like I have a craigslist ad early e-mailer.  I asked about these huge box of Legos and the son said they were being held for someone.  Next sale advertised GC and Wii games.  She was also holding for the e-mailer.  Wonder how I can combat this?  I don't have the time to mess with e-mailing ahead of time.  As usual just a few sales on the way to work.

med_gallery_354731_8396_604240.jpg

Hit a random estate sale on Saturday while I was out with the family.  Everything was overpriced for my cheapass.  I tried to bargain on some vinyl.  The prices were too high and the sale runner was a tough bargain.  I did manage to buy this bat and another.  The Senators bat has to be at least from 1971 maybe earlier.  I just like wood bats and have started picking them up for cheap just to have around.

med_gallery_354731_8396_871339.jpg

For anyone that liked my last nature pic taken from my phone.  Check this one out.  Saw this right after visiting the estate sale.  Enjoy.

med_gallery_354731_7804_295143.jpg

If you want to just find out the value of Magic/Yugioh/Pokemon cards go to tcgplayer.com. If you want to sell to an online vendor, Star City Games or Card Kingdom would be fine.

Thanks everyone for the magic tips!

Here is a pic of some of the black bordered cards, it is the best I can do with my phone. OH BTW, my phone has random asian pics on it again. I believe it is that touchpal app, but I haven't figured it out yet. awesome, already did a factory reset and wipe on it and install malwarebytes.

You can click the pic, then use the zoom feature.

Thanks everyone for the magic tips!

Here is a pic of some of the black bordered cards, it is the best I can do with my phone. OH BTW, my phone has random asian pics on it again. I believe it is that touchpal app, but I haven't figured it out yet. awesome, already did a factory reset and wipe on it and install malwarebytes.

You can click the pic, then use the zoom feature.
the ones on the bottom row are from Ice Age, a totally underatted series. I am too tired to look any deeper...

I had some great finds today and everything was cheap. I'm exhausted, but happy.

EDIT: That's what she said!

It must be a different culture over where you are. I barely see any Friday yardsales. Not even enough to bother going out. I will just stop at one if I see it when on my lunch break.

Craigslist Ad Guessing game

This is the one and only one I can find for this weekend under a "Nintendo" search and "video games" search.  What do you predict this will yield?  We can have a contest or something....  I will send someone something I pick up yardsaling this weekend if they can correctly guess maybe a game or some weird something this yard sale has.

We have a large variety of items. So many I will let the pictures tell most, but here are a few . Cordless drills, saws , hedgers, power chain saw, shovels, table saw with portable cart, misc
Tools. Game systems xbox, Nintendo, 3play stations , sega , game cube and dream cast. game controllers for wii , Xbox , play station 1 ,2 & 3 some are wire less, video games, video game help books, wedding supplies, lamps ,glassware, kitchen items. Jewelry, toys and some vintage toys . Collect able toys as well. Apple iPods, mp3 's , game boys, Nintendo ds, and a lot more electronics
Power cords for games systems ( Xbox, Wii, play station )MANY OTHER ITEMS TOO MANY TO LIST.
Rain or shine it's covered so COME LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that sale would probably have some game boy pokemon games. I would also guess mario kart double dash for the GameCube or Halo 1 or 2 for the Xbox.

I was trying to dig through the big bag of Transformers I got and realized I am way over my head. When I figured out that the giant 18 inch tall figure was suppose to be Starscream  I knew it was going to be difficult. I have a bust of G1 Starscream on my shelf and I had no idea they were both him (obviously some different generation or something).

I watched the original G1 series, movies, and Beast Wars - nothing since. Is there a good place that I can try to look up who each character is by the copyright on the foot.

Also - why are these things so hard to transform. All mine end up being half plane and half robot twisted sideways with a wing here and leg over behind his head. I have no idea how kids are suppose to play with these. I don't remember my original Optimus being hard to transform when I was 5.

Edit:

Also digging through the bags of action figures I will say the 12 inch tall talking Batman Beyond is pretty awesome. I kind of like him, but then I'm not a huge Terry fan. Maybe I will read the comic and then decide if I should sell/trade or keep him.

There is a transformers thread on CAG. I'm only familiar with G1.

So I pulled a douche move. I contacted someone ahead of time and they didnt respond a few days ago. Today I drove by their house and a lady was outside.  :shock:  When I went to park she went back in her house! 8-[ LOL

I guess I will have to wait like everyone else to see what they have.

Miserable day around here, but I got a few nice freebies
Panasonic Blu-ray player with sd slot and ipod dock
OG gameboy with battery pack and ac adapter. This thing is beat, needs a battery cover and new lens, but getting to show my kids the original handheld is pretty cool.
Left a bunch of kids ds and wii games in the wild, and left a copy of Twilight princess for one of my Cub scouts to "find" that was at the same sale. Also left a real nice fender acoustic guitar there for him to find for $50

I was trying to dig through the big bag of Transformers I got and realized I am way over my head. When I figured out that the giant 18 inch tall figure was suppose to be Starscream I knew it was going to be difficult. I have a bust of G1 Starscream on my shelf and I had no idea they were both him (obviously some different generation or something).

I watched the original G1 series, movies, and Beast Wars - nothing since. Is there a good place that I can try to look up who each character is by the copyright on the foot.

Also - why are these things so hard to transform. All mine end up being half plane and half robot twisted sideways with a wing here and leg over behind his head. I have no idea how kids are suppose to play with these. I don't remember my original Optimus being hard to transform when I was 5.

Edit:
Also digging through the bags of action figures I will say the 12 inch tall talking Batman Beyond is pretty awesome. I kind of like him, but then I'm not a huge Terry fan. Maybe I will read the comic and then decide if I should sell/trade or keep him.
Post some pictures here and I can probably identify them. Sounds like you've probably got a bunch of Armada, Energon, and Cybertron figures (circa 2003-2006).

Craigslist Ad Guessing game

This is the one and only one I can find for this weekend under a "Nintendo" search and "video games" search. What do you predict this will yield? We can have a contest or something.... I will send someone something I pick up yardsaling this weekend if they can correctly guess maybe a game or some weird something this yard sale has.

We have a large variety of items. So many I will let the pictures tell most, but here are a few . Cordless drills, saws , hedgers, power chain saw, shovels, table saw with portable cart, misc
Tools. Game systems xbox, Nintendo, 3play stations , sega , game cube and dream cast. game controllers for wii , Xbox , play station 1 ,2 & 3 some are wire less, video games, video game help books, wedding supplies, lamps ,glassware, kitchen items. Jewelry, toys and some vintage toys . Collect able toys as well. Apple iPods, mp3 's , game boys, Nintendo ds, and a lot more electronics
Power cords for games systems ( Xbox, Wii, play station )MANY OTHER ITEMS TOO MANY TO LIST.
Rain or shine it's covered so COME LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a textbook example of the type of sales I avoid. It's a reseller or someone who's been eBaying, so you're not going to get any good deals there. I'd go there later in the day, if at all, to maybe score some cheap systems once they're starting to get desperate to make a sale.

This is a textbook example of the type of sales I avoid. It's a reseller or someone who's been eBaying, so you're not going to get any good deals there. I'd go there later in the day, if at all, to maybe score some cheap systems once they're starting to get desperate to make a sale.
+1. The ideal yardsale seller has no idea what they have or how valuable it may be.

I have to agree, any sale that mentions video games on CL will be picked by a reseller, local game shop or emailed before hand and will be a waste of time. If you want to attend these sales then I would put them last on the list. The best sales are the ones that don't advertise games.

So I had a good morning...

Gba wireless adapter 1.00
Mario advance and Diddy Kong Racing DS-3.00
War of the Monsters, Indiana Jones Emperors Tomb, One Piece Pirates and Kingdom Hearts 2 (all ps2) 6.00
House of the Dead 2 and 3 and House of the Dead Overkill (wii) 7.00
Magnavox Odyssey Shooting Gallery boxed missing only the overlays-10.00

The shooting gallery is one of my best single item finds ever. Pity they said the system broke years ago

Had a pretty good day today. This may not be anywhere near the hauls some of you lucky bastards have gotten away with, but for me, in my city, it's pretty good, as I'm lucky as heck to even find the crappiest DS games at garage sales.  There was a whole box of DS games in their cases.  I'm not really a reseller, so I only picked out the games that looked interesting to me to play, which were all mario games. With so many games, I have to wonder if somebody got there early and got all the pokemon games (if there were any at all).

Anyways, paid 3 bucks for all the DS games together, except pokemon black, I got that last week, thought I'd add it to the picture anyways, got black a week ago for 4 bucks, sticker price was 10, but it was end of day (in garage sale time anyways) and I offered them 4 and they took it, one of the black and white games has been something I've been looking for for a very long time, ever since I passed one up a long time ago before I had a ds and didn't know how expensive they are.  The black game came with the white case though, I guess the guy selling them mixed them up.  Still happy, the club nintendo code worked on it. The others have the cases and manuals to them all.  Paid 2 bucks for the Planet Earth complete series on DvD.  Not blu-ray, but for 2 bucks, why not?  Checked all the discs, they're all there and have absolutely no scratches, probably hasn't even been watched, even the cardboard sleeve has almost no damage to it.

The controller was one dollar and other than a few aesthetic scuffs, is in perfect condition, but it didn't come with the battery pack, though since I bought a bundle of battery packs on ebay a few years ago, that's no problem.

Pretty good day for me.[attachment=5962:1403286242235.jpg]

Cool finds today

Darth Vader mask with voice changer- 50 cents

Wii controllers and charging station- $3

Gamecube screen attachment- $3

PS2 games- $1 total

Xbox 360 controller- $4

Pokemon Christmas Gift Wrap, sealed, vintage? 50 cents

Genesis system with 80 built in games- $10

Mario 64 DS- $2

0ilQk2k.jpg

I had another good day today...so much stuff to go through, clean, and photograph. I'm so tired. I need an assistant.

Some lady thought I was 26 today...not bad since I am actually 36. She was kind of a flirt, so I knew I could get a decent deal. I asked her about Mario games, but it was clear she had Toad on her mind. ;)

(How many people got that joke?)

I had another good day today...so much stuff to go through, clean, and photograph. I'm so tired. I need an assistant.

Some lady thought I was 26 today...not bad since I am actually 36. She was kind of a flirt, so I knew I could get a decent deal. I asked her about Mario games, but it was clear she had Toad on her mind. ;)

(How many people got that joke?)
51IfFe%2BIB6L._SY300_.jpg

bread's done
Back