2014 Yardsale thread

Great day yard saling for me. I won't bore you with all the random audio equipment I bought but I will leave you with these three pictures.

First up, I found this JVC Pro Studio Monitor and I heard that these have a great picture for gaming, it's tiny at only 9" but for a dollar how could I argue, and really what are the chances of finding these in the wild. Hard to get a great shot but heres two quick pics. Thing is heavy as hell.

Xf5yez9.jpg

WsJWdWe.jpg

Second, I think this picture speaks for itself, peaked into the box and saw that one gem and asked how much for the box, they said $5 for all so I just took it all. I'll be holding on to that one for a while. This was actually the first sale I stopped at and the only one that hand anything decent gaming.

2tUxqJa.jpg

^ The part that pissed me off the most was when he started pulling items after the price was agreed upon.  It was going to be $40 for the Megaman X4, Time Stalkers and Charge N Blast.  To me that's more than fair at a yard sale.  That would be $20 for Megaman, and $10 each for the other two (that would actually over-value Charge N Blast) but he thought it wasn't enough after making the offer.

I almost thought about changing clothes so they wouldn't recognize me and going back today.  Only thing is I think I was the only person that had shown up to look at games by 9:30.  Kinda too late at this point in the day since it's the next city over (30 minute drive).

Actually he was basically paying near ebay prices when you factor in fees. $35 shipped "buy it now" for megaman GH/sealed, would be about $26 after fees/shipping. The other two games would net about $15 and $8 , so $49 is basically ebay take home for the 3 games.

$40 was more than reasonable especially since the person wouldn't have to list, package the items, and risk a return.

---

The only other thing you can do, is ask if you can see ebay on their computer. Make sure you select the sold, lowest first and then they can see what the items actually sell for. You then say what I just said about the fees, etc and they may take your offer. (Or if you live in the 21st century (unlike me ;) ) you can do the same thing on your mobile device.)

I made a rather interesting score today.  First time actively hunting down yard sales in years, and the day after I got my new car! It gave me an excuse to poke around town and cruise a bit in it. I know its not a yard sale find but I'm too excited about it!!!   

http://imgur.com/a/uc9Mh

The first neighborhood I went to didn't offer too much though I may return tomorrow to see if the guy still has his Trebuchet.  I don't know why I feel compelled to buy a large wooden siege weapon :|

At the first house in the neighborhood I bought a working black Gamecube with an Intec portable screen on it for $15 and GTA IV for 360 for $3.  After that I decided to check out the flea market and see what kind of cheap asses are ripping people off there because everyone wants eBay prices at mine and no good deals are ever found there.  If I hadn't made this choice I wouldn't have seen an unadvertised sale on the road that leads to it which had a giant sign that read "EVERYTHING IS A DOLLAR!"  I saw your typical crap, clothes, purses, shoes, some phone cases but when I pulled in my jaw dropped.  

It was two college students having an end of summer sale before school starts back up and their nephew with a lemonade stand (The first one I ever encountered).  I ended up picking up a lot of stuff for $35.  Got a few phone chargers (I keep losing mine), some ethernet cables, HDMI cables and then went over to the blankets where I nearly crapped myself.  There were a TON of NERF guns, accessories, scopes, tripods, ammo clibs, etc.  I didn't think twice  about cleaning out what they had and the ammo clips were free if they could find a home in a gun that was there.  I think I bought 16 guns with various accessories totaling $25 and I know I got two Raiders and a Hailfire missing its drum but haven't looked at the rest.  I got this lot, also $1 a piece.

http://i.imgur.com/RAYnEcI.jpg

Afterwards I bought a few cups of lemonade from the kid for .50c a piece with a dollar tip simply because they had Strawberry Lemonade (Best ever).  After I loaded the car I talked to the guys for a while and funnily enough they are flippers and know their prices on what they own but didn't care since school is starting soon.  

Gotta hate the eBay prices at yard sales! It's worse when they only look at current listings or listings for brand new items, find the highest price and quote that. Last week someone was trying to sell me a camera lens for $300 because it "goes for $400 all day." Looked it up, it's a $50-60 lens used.

Anyway...

$6   60 Rock Records

$20  NES Console w/ two controllers (no power adapter/video cable) and about ten games. Notables were:

Metroid

Super Mario 3

Blaster Master (love this one)

& Monster Party

We were rained out all morning, so there weren't nearly as many sales as there should have been. I might actually go out tomorrow, which I rarely do, to see if more people set up.

Actually got something good from a very polite kid, copies of Pokemon black & white for $5 each. Also got a sealed copy of jade empire for PC, don't know if it's worth anything.

Passed on a bunch of really bad disc only psx games. I was considering the dirty $10 GC console with a/v hookups and no power. I passed. 

I did get a n64 with 2 controllers, all hookups, mario kart 64, super mario 64, Mega Man Anniv Collection for Xbox, and Xenosage Ep 1 for $35

OK... Lets start off with my big find

14623688107_8afdb88b44_b.jpg

Find of the year for me this time around! I pulled up to this sale as it wasn't advertised and it was my last sale of the day for me and it was around 8:30. I looked and recognized the lady from when my wife used to babysit her kid. I asked her is she ever was going to sell her game stuff but she never did. Fast forward to present day and she is finally selling it all. There were tons of games! But they were mostly junk and she was asking $30 for just an N64 with Mario 64 and a couple other junk games. However, I spotted this Super lot and there were 2 gems right on top... Ogre Battle and Sunset Riders! I offered $20 to start and she said she wanted $40. I offered to meet her in the middle at $30 but she was still firm at 40. Finally I caved and bought it. This is my 3rd copy of sunset riders in the past year but my first Ogre Battle! So after all was said and done, here's what $40 got me:

SNES system (broken power jack)
1 RF adapter
3 official SNES controllers

Suzuki 8
Gradius III
Sunset Riders
Secret of Evermore
Gradius III
Donkey Kong Country 2
Might Morphin Power Rangers
Romance of the 3 Kingdoms
Super Mario Kart
Tecmo Super Bowl III
Mortal Kombat II
Virtual Bart
Street Fighter II
Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen
Tecmo Super Bowl
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Donkey Kong Country
Mario Paint
Aladdin
Mega Man X
Super Ghouls and Ghosts
TMNT IV Turtles in Time
Super Mario World
Battle Clash
Lion King
Mortal Kombat
Tecmo Super Bowl III
Zombies Ate my Neighbors
Mario Paint
Stunt Race FX
Super Star Wars
Jungle Book
Super Mario World

14809872742_e3d8eb766b_b.jpg

It's always nice to find tools at a sale. Prices were kinda all over the place but there there s couple boxes of tools that were $0.50 and $0.75. I offered $1 for the pair and she took it. Some of the highlights:

1.4 Inch extensions
Lots of flat head and phillips screwdrivers
3/8 speed wrench
Hornet-II Butterfly Knife
a few 1/4 sockets
3/8 ratchet grip/extention

But then she wanted $15 for a small portable air compressor. go figure. 

14807851204_0927367eea_b.jpg

Headed out to this sale as they advertised some games but they were junk. However, all the DVDs were $1 each so I picked up:

Dead Zone Season 1
Dead Zone Season 2
Dead Zone Season 3
Pokemon Heroes The Movie
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Vol 1
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Vol 2

I offered $5 for the lot and they took it with no issue.

14810223005_4356387df0_b.jpg

I did something at this sale I don't normally do. I got there early and waited. I only did this as this one was out of towna bit and I didn't want to drive back in to only come back later. I only sat in the truck for about 5 minutes and then the garage door opened. By this time about 10 people were standing at the bottom of the driveway. I hopped out and walked up and immediately snagged all the games they had and a couple CDs that immediately caught my eye. After that, I was done. I picked up:

FIFA 06 (360)
Amped 3 (360)
NCAA 07 Football (360)
NCAA 07 March Madness (07)
Naruto Best Hits Collection (CD)
Rock Heroes (CD)
Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Master Guide (DVD)

I offered $2 for everything and they took it.

[quote name="slowdive21" post="11976863" timestamp="1406994511"]If you stick to the same area, you can work out bathroom stops. I tend to divide the area into sections and I have places I consistently use if I need a bathroom/something to drink. Some fast food places have free newspapers that business people leave, so if you stop in buy a drink, grab the classifieds (though the paper in my area now lists all of the ads online as well. But I do not have internet access on the road cuz I'm cheap yo!) and hit the bathroom all in one stop.

If some of you are in rural areas or super urban areas, I could see how that could be a problem (lack of places/no where to park)

Parks usually have bathrooms if you are in dire need.

If it is number 2 or you are a girl, home may be the best option. (I would never be able to go anywhere if I were a woman. I wouldn't want to use public restrooms)

And as always: hand/baby wipes in the car.

----

I'm not going to any sales today as I usually only go Thursday and Friday. I've been up since 5AM for some reason, so I've been catching up on photos, cleaning, and organizing.

I'm going to have some interesting/cool lots coming up for "slow's week of EPIC finds!™"* :cool:

*title subject to change, some finds may not qualify as EPIC

I'm shooting for September 1st, because I think I am going out of town for a week or so for some type of family gatherings.

I know I should have saved the SNES lot I posted yesterday, but since it happened in real time (and because dasme313 has asked me to post stuff several times) I thought I would post it. Still pissed someone else got my games 'on hold' at the other sale, but I should be ecstatic about the SNES lot.

I'm bummed it was mostly crappy sports games, but free is free.

EDIT: Megaman 64 pays for the lot.[/quote]

OT but I am a girl and don't have a problem with most public restrooms. Now this goes for stores and malls and stuff like that.. But places like gas stations I have a problem with because they are usually filthy... ( fortunately I have only had to use a gas station bathroom once in my life) Most places here I find that they usually have those toilet seat covers anyways.

Around here you can just pop into a store and use the bathroom as most of my sales are not in a rural area so that is not a problem. Also there is a hospital that has a bathroom right next to the door and I have gone in there during sales before. There is also a doctor offices building where my doc is that I can use on the rare occasion I might be sailing on a Friday when it's open. So keep an eye out for places like that to use the restroom.

Awesome find on the Conker dodge! That one I has become #1 for me to find as it is so elusive.

Slow weekend around here. Didn't find a thing.

OK... Lets start off with my big find

Find of the year for me this time around! I pulled up to this sale as it wasn't advertised and it was my last sale of the day for me and it was around 8:30. I looked and recognized the lady from when my wife used to babysit her kid. I asked her is she ever was going to sell her game stuff but she never did. Fast forward to present day and she is finally selling it all. There were tons of games! But they were mostly junk and she was asking $30 for just an N64 with Mario 64 and a couple other junk games. However, I spotted this Super lot and there were 2 gems right on top... Ogre Battle and Sunset Riders! I offered $20 to start and she said she wanted $40. I offered to meet her in the middle at $30 but she was still firm at 40. Finally I caved and bought it. This is my 3rd copy of sunset riders in the past year but my first Ogre Battle! So after all was said and done, here's what $40 got me:

SNES system (broken power jack)
1 RF adapter
3 official SNES controllers

Suzuki 8
Gradius III
Sunset Riders
Secret of Evermore
Gradius III
Donkey Kong Country 2
Might Morphin Power Rangers
Romance of the 3 Kingdoms
Super Mario Kart
Tecmo Super Bowl III
Mortal Kombat II
Virtual Bart
Street Fighter II
Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen
Tecmo Super Bowl
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Donkey Kong Country
Mario Paint
Aladdin
Mega Man X
Super Ghouls and Ghosts
TMNT IV Turtles in Time
Super Mario World
Battle Clash
Lion King
Mortal Kombat
Tecmo Super Bowl III
Zombies Ate my Neighbors
Mario Paint
Stunt Race FX
Super Star Wars
Jungle Book
Super Mario World

It's always nice to find tools at a sale. Prices were kinda all over the place but there there s couple boxes of tools that were $0.50 and $0.75. I offered $1 for the pair and she took it. Some of the highlights:

1.4 Inch extensions
Lots of flat head and phillips screwdrivers
3/8 speed wrench
Hornet-II Butterfly Knife
a few 1/4 sockets
3/8 ratchet grip/extention

But then she wanted $15 for a small portable air compressor. go figure.

Headed out to this sale as they advertised some games but they were junk. However, all the DVDs were $1 each so I picked up:

Dead Zone Season 1
Dead Zone Season 2
Dead Zone Season 3
Pokemon Heroes The Movie
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Vol 1
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Vol 2

I offered $5 for the lot and they took it with no issue.

I did something at this sale I don't normally do. I got there early and waited. I only did this as this one was out of towna bit and I didn't want to drive back in to only come back later. I only sat in the truck for about 5 minutes and then the garage door opened. By this time about 10 people were standing at the bottom of the driveway. I hopped out and walked up and immediately snagged all the games they had and a couple CDs that immediately caught my eye. After that, I was done. I picked up:

FIFA 06 (360)
Amped 3 (360)
NCAA 07 Football (360)
NCAA 07 March Madness (07)
Naruto Best Hits Collection (CD)
Rock Heroes (CD)
Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Master Guide (DVD)

I offered $2 for everything and they took it.
Great find on the SNES, at this point I wouldn't be able to get the $40 out fast enough seeing a lot like that.

So butterfly knives are tools now? :cool:

Great find on the SNES, at this point I wouldn't be able to get the $40 out fast enough seeing a lot like that.

So butterfly knives are tools now? :cool:
LOL. I felt I paid too much for mines.

Also, looks like there was a nes power adapter in the box :(

Anyone have a extra or know where to buy it?

If you have multiple systems I would pick up one of those switchable A/C adapters, they're available at Radio Shack. The local retro game store has some aftermarket adapters so if there are any in your area check them out.

If you have multiple systems I would pick up one of those switchable A/C adapters, they're available at Radio Shack. The local retro game store has some aftermarket adapters so if there are any in your area check them out.
Switchable a/c adapter? I have xbox 360, nintendo wii, gamecube console. Can u provide a link so i know what to look for?

I dont know any retro game stores since I live in Rockville, Md 20852.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a terrible day yesterday, only bought at two sales.

Had one where I bought three Xbox games for $8.00. Nothing amazing, Return to Castle Wolfenstein Tides of War, Broken Sword Sleeping Dragon and Grabbed by the Ghoulies. Passed on the same ones at the same sale a month ago when they were asking $5.00 each. They lowered it to $4.00 though and agreed to do b2g1. Not great but all were on my to buy list and I was having a rough day.

With the sales going terribly, I ran out to a sale advertising games in West Chicago. Got there about 10:30 and surprisingly they hadn't sold anything despite solid prices. Unfortunately the guy said since his sale was going so terribly (apparently I was the first person to stop after being open 2:30 hours) he said forget it and through some of the good stuff on eBay...

Still had some stuff, I grabbed UN Squadron and Frogger for SNES for $7.00 for the pair which I was fine with. He also had a console only TG16 I probably should have bought... he wouldn't come off $20.00 though and though that's a very nice price, I didn't need it and without any cables or controllers I figured it would be a pain to sell. Probablly should have grabbed it though...
I would have bought it for $30 :p

another slow Saturday for sales.

Picked up a longboard for $35... lol not sure why...

and a DS3 for $1 (pleasant surprise as I thought it was a PS2 six ...) haven't tested yet...

If you want genuine power adapters, I believe I can help you out. I think I have about 5 or 6 extra. PM me and we'll work out the details.

This lot is all from one sale.  The sale advertised games for multiple systems.  I arrived late and the game box was in shambles.  Whoever was there before me left a couple of good cased games in Star Wars and Naruto.  I found the  loose GC games in a controller box.  They are beat to crap but I don't leave gems like this behind.  Love me some G.I. Joe and lunchboxes so this was a great find on the box. $6.75 for the lot.

med_gallery_354731_8396_130970.jpg

Ever since last weekend I decided to not waste my time around these yard sales here, but after seeing this ad, I really regret it, especially since it is close by.

http://lascruces.craigslist.org/gms/4596614344.html
It's been my experience that ads like that have xbox games for sure. Around 5. Also, they are typically junk sports and not even worth the $0.10 usually. I wouldn't beat yourself up over it.

Hi. I'm not sure if I paid too much for this lot. All this total $30

Gameboy console
Castlevania 2 Belmont revenge CIB with booklet
Castlevania adventure
Tetris
Super Mario land
Superbad DVD
The hangover blu ray
Zombie land blu ray

How do people ballpark pricing? Guy wanted $50 for the games. The movies were $1 a piece. I think I paid too much but would like feedback and what would u guys paid for this lot? Just want some tips for future yard sales. What do u think slow drive?

OK, I hope everyone reads this and that it makes sense to them. I would love input on everyone else's way of thinking. I am analytical, so this runs in my head like a computer program, but for the lack of a better phrase, my logic could be flawed. ;)

----------

I tend to undervalue portable gaming. I never bought portable games, so I don't really have a memory of pricing from the early days. I've noticed that in the world of portable gaming, the systems are usually worth more than the games. Where in console gaming, the games are usually worth more than the system (on average).

My rule (which I know is low for the systems and too high for the games) is $5 for the system and .25-$1 per game.  I can't speak for the others, but it should probably be more like $10 for the system and .25-.50 per game.

Obviously pokemon stuff would be an exception as well as anything that is CIB/a premium game.

----

Your lot is a prime example of how little I know about gameboy stuff. Based on amazon values, you did pretty well. :applause:

If I had seen the same lot in the wild and I was forced to make an offer for everything (I usually wait for them to make the first offer), I would be around $15. $5 for the system, $1 per DVD, $2 each for the games since they are "better" games (and not all "spongbob" or "that's so raven").

If he countered with $50, I would say were are pretty far away on pricing.

At this point they would tip their hand on what they value in the lot by saying something like "Well the systems go for $50 on ebay" or "The games are worth much more than that!"

Either option will help you know where they are flexible on pricing and what to go for if you can not come to an agreement on the whole lot.

Let's say the response is: "The games are worth much more than that!"

I would ask: "OK, How much for just the system then?" Let's say he says "$10". I'd then say "OK, so the system is $10 and the DVDs are $1 each, so that means the games are around $9 each. That is a lot higher than I pay for any game. Usually I see gameboy games between 25 cents-$1 each."

*warning* Whenever you make a statement like that the person always latches onto the higher value in their head. They hear "$1 per game" because it is the highest value you placed on them.

I would then explain how I came to my offer (like I typed out above) and say something like : "I don't have these games yet, so that is why I am willing to pay $2 each for them."

^^^This statement is a double edged sword. It could help or hurt you depending on how the other person takes it (and as you learn to read people, you will know if it is worth saying or not). It could either put the idea in their head that the games are GOOD/undervalued because I am willing to pay more for them OR It can add legitimacy to my offer by saying normally I pay $1, but I am making a one time exception because these are not doubles/because I want them for my collection.

At this point most people will try to squeeze a few more bucks out of you and offer $20 for everything. If you want to be a hard ass and stick to your guns, you could try $15 again, but most of the time, I will take the lot for $20 because it leaves both parties feeling like they accomplished something and that is was a decent deal. (win/win).

I'm going to assume he and I settled at $20 because I am too lazy to type out other "what if" scenarios and I am not sure anyone is actually going to read all of this. lol

We'll most of the fab games are $1 to $5. That CIB Castlevania I'm not sure. It's in mint condition but not sealed. He was with his wife and kept pulling up ebay. I see that CIB game cart only $20 but some not sold. The blu ray were cheap . I don't know either but he wouldn't go lower to $30. I have 3 gb sp and was thinking to put that in the own Gameboy. Is that possible and is it difficult

We'll most of the fab games are $1 to $5. That CIB Castlevania I'm not sure. It's in mint condition but not sealed. He was with his wife and kept pulling up ebay. I see that CIB game cart only $20 but some not sold. The blu ray were cheap . I don't know either but he wouldn't go lower to $30. I have 3 gb sp and was thinking to put that in the own Gameboy. Is that possible and is it difficult

Odd that the subject of portable games comes up, that's all I've been finding the past few weeks.

I base my purchases off of scarcity, condition and completeness.  Essentially I'm winging it since I have little knowledge of prices, but I at least have an idea of where they should be valued.  I will only buy older handhelds if they are complete (battery door) and in decent shape or are dirt cheap.  $15 is the highest I'll go on a nice GB color (probably too much for most people here).  I recently picked up a CIB DSi bundle for $40 because it was like new and came with complete high profile games. 

It was the first Gameboy and not Gameboy color. I just started yard sales and after hearing other cag getting dirt cheap systems makes me wonder how about portable games. The lot I got today was for me a rare find cause I don't see people sell games here in my area. Plus I like Castlevania and had no clue how to value it. He started at $50 I was thinking $20 back and forth he wanted $35 and show me ebay listing. We met in the middle for total $30. So in my head I priced movies a $1 a piece, Gameboy with those two games $10, and each Castlevania. I use video game price chart and says low $20 so again I'm not sure how I did. I wish I had some cag friends in my area

It was the first Gameboy and not Gameboy color. I just started yard sales and after hearing other cag getting dirt cheap systems makes me wonder how about portable games. The lot I got today was for me a rare find cause I don't see people sell games here in my area. Plus I like Castlevania and had no clue how to value it. He started at $50 I was thinking $20 back and forth he wanted $35 and show me ebay listing. We met in the middle for total $30. So in my head I priced movies a $1 a piece, Gameboy with those two games $10, and each Castlevania. I use video game price chart and says low $20 so again I'm not sure how I did. I wish I had some cag friends in my area
I wouldn't be able to Not say something about using Ebay as a guide....

"my apologies, I did not realize you were selling these on EBay... oh! you're not?..... well the "sold" copies would have fees and a delay of funds involved, not to mention shipping... or if they are shipping out of the US (those listings usually end at the higher amounts)...I'm here, I do collect, drove to your home with cash.... hopefully we can come to a Reasonable price...."

Looking up EBay is just assinine at a garage sale.... I went to a couple this year that actually typed up a piece of paper with the price and "what it's selling for on EBay info" ... I said outloud while touching one the papers.... "You've Got to be kidding me, if I wanted to pay online prices, I would save my gas and time and just have it delivered to me at home..." and then walked right back to my vehicle shaking my head, and left....

People need to be Untaught this stupid practice...

Selling on EBay (apples) selling at your garage sale (oranges)....

and if anyone here is seeking a Gameboy or Gameboy color - shoot me a pm with an offer ... I have a handful of each ... just please keep in mind shipping please - USPS small box should work $5.50 with DC + offer for handheld....

I'm not a reseller, but do like to collect. I had Gameboy, nes, and snes growing up. I had mostly the rare and rpg games, but sadly parent gave it away. I was too young and now I miss some of those games. Yeah I can emulate on PC, but it's something I can kinda want back from my childhood. I don't know how to explain it. I just hate it when people try to base it on ebay and then it doesn't help when resellers pick everything. I'm still looking for forza 4 fuzzy dice and final fantasy plate for my car. I'm also looking for conker talking plush, but not paying $60 for it.

Had a pretty good weekend despite sleeping late on Saturday, rain, and trying to get home to give my wife a break from the baby. Spent a lot, but fortunately most of it is for MAGFest. ;)

Hit up a rare weekday sale and picked all of this up for $60. I'm keeping Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, and the PSP games while the rest will go to MAGFest. Can never have too many multiplayer games and controllers there.

Grabbed this lot for $30 from one of the very few sales I sale Saturday morning, again mostly for MAGFest. I'm keeping Wii Fit Plus purely for my collection, and as a bonus it had an unused Club Nintendo registration inside worth $100 coins!

On my way back home on Saturday I drove by the house of the guy I picked up Earthbound from earlier in the summer. The seller was out front, so I went and asked if he had come across any more game stuff. I was able to pick up a complete Dreamcast and PS1 for $25, a little higher than I had hoped, but most importantly I got the guy's number. I'll probably call him up once a month from now on.

Just picked this lot up a couple of hours ago from the guy I grabbed a bunch of sealed PS2 games from earlier in the summer. We've been e-mailing back and forth and he finally found his old stash of PS1 games. The games in the first picture are opened, the rest are sealed. I paid $230, pretty pricey I'll admit, but between MAGfest reimbursement and selling a couple items I should make my money back. Also, his wife is sure he has more games somewhere, so hopefully he'll find them and get back to me. VERY happy to have the Castlevanias, Legend of Dragoon, Breath of Fire III, and Sage Frontier in my collection now.

Non-yard sale but awesome: I stopped by my local Goodwill on my back, which you typically need to be at right when they open in order to find anything. They had these sitting up front, which I immediately snatched up before anyone else could grab them.

That's it for this week! My paternity leave is up tomorrow so no weekday yard sales for me. Ah well, gotta make the money so I can go to the sales in the first place!

[quote name="donut" post="11979261" timestamp="1407094002"]I wouldn't be able to Not say something about using Ebay as a guide....
"my apologies, I did not realize you were selling these on EBay... oh! you're not?..... well the "sold" copies would have fees and a delay of funds involved, not to mention shipping... or if they are shipping out of the US (those listings usually end at the higher amounts)...I'm here, I do collect, drove to your home with cash.... hopefully we can come to a Reasonable price...."

Looking up EBay is just assinine at a garage sale.... I went to a couple this year that actually typed up a piece of paper with the price and "what it's selling for on EBay info" ... I said outloud while touching one the papers.... "You've Got to be kidding me, if I wanted to pay online prices, I would save my gas and time and just have it delivered to me at home..." and then walked right back to my vehicle shaking my head, and left....
People need to be Untaught this stupid practice...
Selling on EBay (apples) selling at your garage sale (oranges)....

and if anyone here is seeking a Gameboy or Gameboy color - shoot me a pm with an offer ... I have a handful of each ... just please keep in mind shipping please - USPS small box should work $5.50 with DC + offer for handheld....[/quote]

Saw a fat lady with an Atari 2600 priced at $125 today, walked away from that sale quickly. It was just the system and a few common games, nothing special. To be that overpriced is just insulting..

One of my friends who is a game seller is giving away atari's if you buy $30 of games from him and most of his Atari games are $1-3 each, so I could get a system with quite a few games for $30.

Seen the whole paper thing done more than once here they just print out any auction that ended, without realizing that most of the high priced auctions don't sell which means squat.

Saw a fat lady with an Atari 2600 priced at $125 today, walked away from that sale quickly. It was just the system and a few common games, nothing special. To be that overpriced is just insulting.. One of my friends who is a game seller is giving away atari's if you buy $30 of games from him and most of his Atari games are $1-3 each, so I could get a system with quite a few games for $30. Seen the whole paper thing done more than once here they just print out any auction that ended, without realizing that most of the high priced auctions don't sell which means squat.
Yeah. Lately almost every yardsale people either have a printout or quote ebay. The SNES games (2 games cart and 32 CIB) and console for $27 is alright, but reading another CAG here that got a huge lot for $40 makes me feel that I didnt price the lot well.

This year is the year of the Super Nintendo. It seems like we are all finding more of them. I've bought more SNESes this year than I have in the last 20 years (I haven't posted all of them yet ;))

----

There must have been one of those pawn stars/storage wars shows that said atari's are worth money because I have heard several people talking about those shows and wanting $200 for atari lots that would normally be around $20.

----

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it punisher. Like invicta said, 

"If it's for personal use and I'm comfortable with what I'm paying it doesn't matter what the resale value is."

mpickred's (sorry if spelled wrong) lot would be one of those extremes you ignore if you are looking at data as a typical SNES lot has 2-5 games with it. You can't use that amazing lot as a gauge for what you should be paying.
slow out!

Saw a fat lady with an Atari 2600 priced at $125 today, walked away from that sale quickly. It was just the system and a few common games, nothing special. To be that overpriced is just insulting..One of my friends who is a game seller is giving away atari's if you buy $30 of games from him and most of his Atari games are $1-3 each, so I could get a system with quite a few games for $30.Seen the whole paper thing done more than once here they just print out any auction that ended, without realizing that most of the high priced auctions don't sell which means squat.
See that a lot people see listings for Heavy Sixers for $120-150 and think their 4 switch Telegames Atari is worth that.

See that a lot people see listings for Heavy Sixers for $120-150 and think their 4 switch Telegames Atari is worth that.
ok, what is a "heavy sixer"? Don't most of the originals have 6 switches? (sounds like a 'created maket/variant')

edit watched this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFpWEGOphA0

edit 2: im pretty sure i gave a few of these away years ago for birthday presents.

I am not sure why it's been so bad here with eBay since eBay has been around for years and has barely affected me at all until this summer. But I know that no one in my area will pay these prices, nor do they have the means to pay those prices.

The local game store has SNES's priced at $80 but the only SNES I saw was one person with a filthy one for $50.

I seem to recall an episode of antiques roadshow where they priced an Atari at $125, must be where it's coming from.

This year is the year of the Super Nintendo. It seems like we are all finding more of them. I've bought more SNESes this year than I have in the last 20 years (I haven't posted all of them yet ;))

----

There must have been one of those pawn stars/storage wars shows that said atari's are worth money because I have heard several people talking about those shows and wanting $200 for atari lots that would normally be around $20.

----

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it punisher. Like invicta said,

"If it's for personal use and I'm comfortable with what I'm paying it doesn't matter what the resale value is."

mpickred's (sorry if spelled wrong) lot would be one of those extremes you ignore if you are looking at data as a typical SNES lot has 2-5 games with it. You can't use that amazing lot as a gauge for what you should be paying.
slow out!
Thanks slowdrive. Sadly the gameboy has lines and is broken, but I have 2 gameboy sp!

Fixing lines on the original gameboy is actually a quick fix if you have a solder. My brother does it a lot, and you could just look up a video on youtube on how to fix it.

Xenogears ! Nice pickup . How so we help magfest ?
Best way to help is to attend and spread the word! I've got the games acquisition pretty much down, but if anyone out there comes across games or systems in really bad shape and doesn't feel like fixing/selling/trading them, feel free to hit me up. Our budgets aren't huge because we don't have sponsors, but we're reeeaaal good at fixing stuff.

Sometimes I think I'm the only person in this thread to not find that game. :whistle2:x
Don't feel so alone, Invicta, I'm still in that camp. Thought I might be able to trade a friend for it recently, but it turns out he lost it (along with most of his other games) when his sister got them evicted from an apartment a while back.

8-4-14

$1 total nerf attachments

Guitar pedals $10 total (they don't have A/C, so I am not sure if I overpaid). I know they are probably the two most common effects though.

Misc game stuff $3

$5 total same sale as above. Always sunny was still sealed (I love that show):

Not sure where this is from, but it is a wii game case that kinda looks like a wii from the side $1

$2 estate sale:

:bouncy:

more to come...

bread's done
Back