2015 Thrift Store Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

[attachment=16944:20150905_211924.jpg]

Goodwill Finds 2 dollars each for Fightfighter F.D. 18,Final Fantasy VII, Samurai Legend Musashi and for Ren & Stimpy The Lost Episodes.

[attachment=16942:20150905_212018.jpg]

Same goodwill, 10 dollars for complete Genesis model 2 w/ 2 controllers and Sonic & Knuckles, F-15 Strike Eagle 2 and Jurassic Park all complete.

$20 at the Salvation Army Ive never bought anything from. Slim PS2, controller, cables, Guitar Hero wireless receiver, dvd remote which doesnt even need a dongle to work which is cool. Much cleaner and better condition than the $5 PS2 I picked up last week at a yardsale.

I had to drive all the way to Pasadena this afternoon to buy a portable AC.

Some items I picked up around the area:

Bought:
The Book of Spells w/ wonderbook, controller, game, and camera PS3 for $8
The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind GOTY PC $4
Mega Man X SNES $8
Super Metroid SNESS $5

Some items that I saw:
Bully PS2 $4
Kingdom Hearts II $4
My Spanish Coach $4
GTA Trilogy $10
Metal Slug Anthonly PSP $4
The Witcher Enhanced Edition $8
Assassin's Creed Bloodlines $5
Nintendo Wii System w/ wires, power cord, controller, nunchuck $20

Ugffmz4.jpg

ShSvebA.jpg

9L0XqXJ.jpg

XOJnXCC.jpg

fpEbVNZ.jpg

5KkFCa3.jpg

ATLCNzh.jpg

2eHw7fI.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to drive all the way to Pasadena this afternoon to buy a portable AC.

Some items I picked up around the area:

Bought:
The Book of Spells w/ wonderbook, controller, game, and camera PS3 for $8
The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind GOTY PC $4
Mega Man X SNES $8
Super Metroid SNESS $5

Some items that I saw:
Bully PS2 $4
Kingdom Hearts II $4
My Spanish Coach $4
GTA Trilogy $10
Metal Slug Anthonly PSP $4
The Witcher Enhanced Edition $8
Assassin's Creed Bloodlines $5
Nintendo Wii System w/ wires, power cord, controller, nunchuck $20

Ugffmz4.jpg
Sooo jealous of Megaman X and Super Metroid! I was just out that way (I live in MA) for a job! Wish I'd done more research on thrift stores in the area.

Went to Goodwill after work and got some good stuff.

Wavebird that powers on with no reciever - 3.99

LOTR: Conquest for 360 Complete and decent condition - 2.99

Redman - Docs Da Name and Ice Cube - War and Peace Vol 2 - 1.99 a piece

thrift stores are such a dying breed now. My local shop has started outting ridiculous pricing on gaming items. Saw an N64 with 1 controller and cables for 99.99. a console-only gamecube for 39.99. a complete gamecube for 99.99. Just absolutely insane prices. The days of all games being 2.99 / 3.99 look to have ended as well. Any mario game they get is now priced at 20 dollars or above. 

I think its only a couple more years until all Goodwill, Savers etc start making their employees scan items with ipads and price them according to Amazon/Ebay

thrift stores are such a dying breed now. My local shop has started outting ridiculous pricing on gaming items. Saw an N64 with 1 controller and cables for 99.99. a console-only gamecube for 39.99. a complete gamecube for 99.99. Just absolutely insane prices. The days of all games being 2.99 / 3.99 look to have ended as well. Any mario game they get is now priced at 20 dollars or above.

I think its only a couple more years until all Goodwill, Savers etc start making their employees scan items with ipads and price them according to Amazon/Ebay
http://www.shopgoodwill.com

ShopGoodwill's prices aren't terrific, and even when they are, excessive shipping costs kill the deal. I've bought just one item from them; a PSP-3000 for a friend. Everything else has been just too expensive.

Picked up at 3 goodwills last night

Gears ultimate x1 - $5.99

Dishonored - ps4 Sealed - $19.99

Wii Guitar hero 3 bundle - $3.99 (trade to amazon)

Guitar hero Ps2 bundle - $1.99 (trade to amazon)

DDR Extreme 2 ps2 bundle - $3.99 (trade to amazon)

Lego ninjago 70736 Attack of the Morro Dragon - Used but complete with minifigures and box- $3.99

Lego ninjago 70747 Boulder Blaster - Sealed - $1.99

Lego ninjago 70736 Attack of the Morro Dragon - Used but complete with minifigures and box- $3.99
Nice finds. I can't believe you got gears for 5.99. That's awesome.

how did you get gears for 5.99 at goodwill, I need to go to your goodwills

how did you get gears for 5.99 at goodwill, I need to go to your goodwills
Most likely it's a display/opened copy from Target. Not sure where you live, but Target here in LA/OC likes to donate stuffs to Goodwill. You can tell it's from Target by looking at the tag on the items (red sticker label/salvaged sticker) or the UPC barcode (slashed off/scribbled with a black marker).

ShopGoodwill's prices aren't terrific, and even when they are, excessive shipping costs kill the deal. I've bought just one item from them; a PSP-3000 for a friend. Everything else has been just too expensive.
On the flipside, I've won and seen auctions for large items such as drum sets and arcade cabinets (!) go for pretty good prices because they were local pickup only. It's a huge YMMV though and, like thrifting itself, you have to be more into looking for random crap than anything specific. That site is the epitome of hit or miss.

Most likely it's a display/opened copy from Target. Not sure where you live, but Target here in LA/OC likes to donate stuffs to Goodwill. You can tell it's from Target by looking at the tag on the items (red sticker label/salvaged sticker) or the UPC barcode (slashed off/scribbled with a black marker).
It was an open copy but you cant steal my goodwills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG7qEFG0qWk

New pickups video, check it out if you guys have a chance. Not the greatest stuff but alot of sales due to last weeks

holiday weekend, so cheap games....who can pass up on cheap games!?!?!

tRRgxc6.jpg

Bought right after work:

Super Smash Bros. Melee $6 (For some reasons, I always come across this game. This is like the 5th copies I got this year - 3 from thrifting and 2 from GameStop.)

Xenogears $6 (complete but disc 1 is f up :(. There is no way I'm passing on this since I rarely come across one.)

MS Pac-man Maze Madness $6 (bought it for a friend)

We Love Katamari $6 (Love the 1st one)

Stuffs I saw:

Mario Kart N64 $9 (This game I had a weird pricing for $9. I didn't buy it since the label was f up.)

3x PSP systems $50 (Too much for me to pay.)

Resident Evil GC $6 (I was going to buy it but I'd rather get the PS4 HD version.)

Vapor Trail $80 (I really wanted this game so bad. I was trying to get it for $20 but the teenager that was working behind the register kept on saying it's like $100 on eBay. I was like "that's the asking price".  Oh whatever.)

iWeoivt.jpg

dgGjcQu.jpg

cSxXlpZ.jpg

xKKu2Wo.jpg

Picked up Smash bros melee for $2.50 with a generic gamestop case.
A month ago, I found a Smash Bros. Melee at GW but the disc was missing. The cashier offered me $3 for it but I said "No thanks". Damn I should've bought it for you.

Had a nice little find at Goodwill this morning for about $10. Found some good stuff for MAGFest, and I'm looking forward to digging into that Working Designs mecha game.

Nice score. I actually saw a Zelda with box (controller stick) for $10 a year ago at GW. My cheapass thought it was too much.

Picked up three PS2 games at St. Vincent DePaul's today: Capcom Classic Collection 1, TimeSplitters 2, and Metal Gear Solid 2. Gave them all to my cousin, as he's still getting by with that system. Total damage: $7.50.

Bought right after work:

Super Smash Bros. Melee $6 (For some reasons, I always come across this game. This is like the 5th copies I got this year - 3 from thrifting and 2 from GameStop.)

Xenogears $6 (complete but disc 1 is f up :(. There is no way I'm passing on this since I rarely come across one.)

MS Pac-man Maze Madness $6 (bought it for a friend)

We Love Katamari $6 (Love the 1st one)

Stuffs I saw:

Mario Kart N64 $9 (This game I had a weird pricing for $9. I didn't buy it since the label was f up.)

3x PSP systems $50 (Too much for me to pay.)

Resident Evil GC $6 (I was going to buy it but I'd rather get the PS4 HD version.)

Vapor Trail $80 (I really wanted this game so bad. I was trying to get it for $20 but the teenager that was working behind the register kept on saying it's like $100 on eBay. I was like "that's the asking price". Oh whatever.)
Damn nice finds what GW was that??

First time seeing anything other than sports games at GW in awhile.  Not exactly great pickups but I'm happy.

Ace Combat 5 PS2

Full Metal Alchemist Dual Sympathy DS

Both are clean and complete like new.  Ace Combat even has the Namco Vol. 2 Demo Disc.

$5.99 each. 

found these today:

Dreamcast with hookups, a controller, accessories, 7 games and travel case - $14.99

IMG_1259_zpswdso4m5k.jpg

random CDs: Blink 182, Lamb of God, Green Day, Slayer, Amon Amarth, and Lacuna Coil - $0.99 each (supposed to be $1.99 and the AA one should have been $2.99 but the gal rang them up lower for whatever reason)

0188bc2f-848d-478a-a8cf-99d98773e84e_zpsnqikapug.jpg

Damn I was on the roll lately, but got nothing today.

Here is some stuffs that I saw:
  • SNES Games (I was gonna get Donkey Kong Country but the label is ripped off) - $5 each
  • 360 official controller NEW/SEALED - $30
  • 3 Carts of Disney Infinity Wii U/PS3 Game/Figure Bundle Set - $15 each
    (There was at least 50+ of them. Some in the back, front, and on the cash register itself. In fact, I saw a guy bought like 13 of them. He ended getting them all for $100.) 
NpIrbYx.jpg

NAsQWKf.jpg

nrgzlPr.jpg

Yo spooge, 

I got more free games from GameStop that are scratched. The Metal Gear Saga DVD is not a game, but I just took it anyway. 

Mine: 

A Boy and his Blob

Furu Furu Park

Pitfall

Pinball

Yours:

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Ninja Gaiden II

Vanishing Files

MGS4 Saga Volume 2 DVD

Nerf

Tony Hawk

Let me know

WSMVN8G.jpg

ofJBUeA.jpg

Picked these up last Wednesday. The two were from a Thrift Store that has everything 50% off. Shame they based the prices off of the outdated Gamestop sticker. Still glad I got the top 2 for $10 altogether. 

Gauntlet Legends was from a Thrift Store next door. It was placed in the CD section where it was priced for 75 cents. 

I love time crisis. I wish I had the space for the arcade cabinets. I wonder if you could put all of them in one cabinet. I'll have to ask Doc at the galloping ghost.

Picked up a Supertrain Megazord (Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue) for $3 and the complete series of Batman Beyond (S1-3) for $6 

picked up an x360 Logitech DriveFX wheel for $6.  I think it's just missing the ac adapter. Never had a wheel before, hopefully it works afer I order a replacement ac adapter.

Paid $15 for the lot (all complete):

Wii
Bermuda Triangle
Disney Universe
Wii Fit Plus
Mario/Sonic Winter Olympic Games
Toy Story Mania
Super Mario All-Stars (yay)

Wii U
Epic Mickey 2

DS
Mario/DK Mini Land Mayhem (sealed)

DVD
The Legend of Zelda: Ganon's Evil Tower

Found Dark Cloud 2 for $4 at my local Goodwill (looked like someone had recently dumped their collection, though it was almost all 360 sport titles and Kinect fitness stuff, plus a couple random PS2 games), and then We Love Katamari for $8 at Boomerang.

Didn't pick them up, but there were weirdly also multiple copies of Red Alert 2, Diablo 2, and C&C Tiberian Sun at that same Goodwill.

Hit a usually pretty terrible small local thrift near my house today. I was in the area and looking for a new shelf for a project of mine. Didn't find it but they had an NES for $9.75 which I grabbed. No controller but it had the cables. Also grabbed a really nice shape first party SNES controller for $2.75. Happy with those prices.

$.50 Pokédex, my favorite part of the haul
$3 MGS
$3 GTA
$.50 TMNT comic

Slightly excited for tomorrow. The house where I got the Pokédex had no games. When I asked, the woman said they didn't bring them over because they didn't think they'd sell. So, I'm headed back tomorrow when they bring them. Hoping for some decent stuff.

Saw a Platinum GC with two controllers (one third-party) and five shit games for $25. I have a GC already. Thinking of asking $20.

bread's done
Back