2016 Thrift Store Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

No gaming stuff, another dry spell, but I did pick up a Keurig K10 for $4.99.  Hose was jammed up, but after about 10 minutes worth of work, it works perfect.  Now I'm waiting for my refillable k-cups to show up from Amazon tomorrow so I can enjoy some lazy man's coffee.

attachicon.gif
20160430_070836.jpg
$2 a piece, so $16 total and they're all mint and complete. Been really dry for the last 4 months before this pick up, but this was nice.
Thats how it usually goes for me dry for months than a huge find or deal

Nehehe. I've done it again. Struck gold under a pile of iron pyrite. Check it out! All games were $2 each.

IGOFEEW.jpg

Uh, this is just something for my collection, as I don't have it until now. It's not the treasure.

txy53Yy.jpg

Hehe. Now we're talking, right? Complete and in fantastic condition. No damage to anything. And actually, I don't have this either. Just Spyro the Dragon and Ripto's Rage. But wait, the best is yet to come. The real deal. The money. The GoAT.

3133ff447d39045c7766a2a07e8d36b6.jpg

No, wrong, not that kind of goat. But while you're here, isn't he adorable! I want to pet him.

soFfgL6.jpg

Ahem, THIS kind of GoAT. Oh yeah. Nearly wet myself as I saw it. The real diamond in the rough. The rest of the games I left behind were nothing but garbage. A million sports and wrestling games. A Dukes of Hazzard II for the PS1. Racing games out the yinyang. But there were these gems, and they're mine now!

Still more to come.

CFpaiFK.jpg

Not sure about this. But at $3, I don't really have to be.

8q5HOZ7.jpg

And then there's this bad boy. 25 pounds. And I think the bar and locks to keep the weight in place weigh another 5 pounds total. With this, I'll be a beast in no time! It was $9.

got a brand new sealed Viva Pinata 360 faceplate for 99 cents.. kinda funny because the open one right next to it was marked 7.99

i needed a faceplate for my PAL 360 because it broke on it's way over here from England

Last edited by a moderator:
Nehehe. I've done it again. Struck gold under a pile of iron pyrite. Check it out! All games were $2 each.

IGOFEEW.jpg

Uh, this is just something for my collection, as I don't have it until now. It's not the treasure.

txy53Yy.jpg

Hehe. Now we're talking, right? Complete and in fantastic condition. No damage to anything. And actually, I don't have this either. Just Spyro the Dragon and Ripto's Rage. But wait, the best is yet to come. The real deal. The money. The GoAT.

3133ff447d39045c7766a2a07e8d36b6.jpg

No, wrong, not that kind of goat. But while you're here, isn't he adorable! I want to pet him.

soFfgL6.jpg

Ahem, THIS kind of GoAT. Oh yeah. Nearly wet myself as I saw it. The real diamond in the rough. The rest of the games I left behind were nothing but garbage. A million sports and wrestling games. A Dukes of Hazzard II for the PS1. Racing games out the yinyang. But there were these gems, and they're mine now!

Still more to come.

CFpaiFK.jpg

Not sure about this. But at $3, I don't really have to be.

8q5HOZ7.jpg

And then there's this bad boy. 25 pounds. And I think the bar and locks to keep the weight in place weigh another 5 pounds total. With this, I'll be a beast in no time! It was $9.
The goat is cute. Is that a rare ps1 game? Never heard of it.

I recognize the title, but thought it was a Saturn game. It's an Egyptian-themed Doom-alike that's better than the official Saturn version of Doom!

Hallelujah I actually found some decent N64 games at my local GW.

Banjo Tooie - $3

Yoshi's Story - $3

Glover - $3

Rush 2 - $3

1080 Snowboarding - $3

^^^^ wow those actually made it to the shelf at Goodwill?!......someones getting fired! :p

Got the 3 PS controllers from a thrift store I was just made aware of. Marked $5 apiece, offered $10, she said "today theyre $2 apiece". I was like "sold!". Gamecube controller was from GW for $3. Opened them all up, gave them a good scrubbin, taped up a spot on the GC wire.....they work/look like brand new now.

Crate KX15 amp for $25 from GW. Its actually a keyboard amp but my new Walking Dead guitar sounds great through it. Good timing on this pickup!

For $2 each I got
2 DC Controllers
DC Ready 2 Rumble Round 2
PS1 Wipeout XL
PS1 Ape Escape (Greatest Hits)
PS1 NBA In the Zone 2

For $3 each I got
:360: LoTR War In The North (my son is obsessed with LoTR I know it isn't the best deal but he is stoked)
:360: Skylanders Giants
:360: Skylanders Swap Force

I opened up the games when I got home and Ready 2 Rumble Round 2 had the original version in the case too

At Goodwill,

Wii fit plus
Office space,super trooper, Grandma boy DVD
The evil within sealed PC game

Did not pickup elder scrolls online PC. It's a seal copy.

Anyone are fans of wwe? Thinking of picking up a wwe game, but not sure.
Love WWF vs wcw back then.

Found nothing today. Found nothing yesterday. Will probably find nothing tomorrow.

The goat is cute. Is that a rare ps1 game? Never heard of it.
Worth between $40-50. The fact that it's in great condition is sure to get a lot.

I recognize the title, but thought it was a Saturn game. It's an Egyptian-themed Doom-alike that's better than the official Saturn version of Doom!
It's both. The Saturn one is worth far more. Upwards of $250. Sad I didn't find that instead. I don't think I've ever found a Saturn game at any thrift store. Lots of Atari, Game Gear, NES, SNES, and I think even a Commodore 64 game, but never Saturn.

Not video game related......well maybe a tiny bit if you drink it when you game. I picked up 2 sealed boxes of 12 count Starbucks caramel Kcups for $4 apiece. Had Target Def Salv stickers on the bottom with $12.95 X'd out. All 24 cups are just fine. Ive had 3 and they taste great.

Not video game related......well maybe a tiny bit if you drink it when you game. I picked up 2 sealed boxes of 12 count Starbucks caramel Kcups for $4 apiece. Had Target Def Salv stickers on the bottom with $12.95 X'd out. All 24 cups are just fine. Ive had 3 and they taste great.
I say that's a win.

Not a great find,but wanted this game for my collection.
The punisher Xbox $2.99
Richard Marx record .99

At checkout, they gave extra 25% off. Guess it was 25% day at savers?

Went to Goodwill and saw Jaws Unleashed for Xbox among the sports titles. It was complete but the disc was scratched $5.99. If it hadn't been scratched I would have picked it up :/

At Goodwill,

Wii fit plus
Office space,super trooper, Grandma boy DVD
The evil within sealed PC game

Did not pickup elder scrolls online PC. It's a seal copy.

Anyone are fans of wwe? Thinking of picking up a wwe game, but not sure.
Love WWF vs wcw back then.
For N64 I recommend WWF No Mercy, WCW vs NWO.
For PS2 Here Comes the Pain and Smackdown vs Raw 06.
For Gamecube, Day of Reckoning 1 and 2.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Hit a few Goodwills today.

Command and Conquer Yuri's Revenge .99 (PC)

Tomb Raider III .99 (PC)

Myst .99 Big Box Complete W/Guide (Mac)

Spiderman .99 (PC)

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum .99 (PC)

Civilization IV Game of the Year Edition 1.99 (PC)

A Box that was supposed to be Between Earth and the End of Time but had 5 random PC discs in it that included Mechwarrior 2 and Super Street Fighter 2   .99 (PC)

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14  2.99 (XBOX 360)

Blitz II The League  2.99 (XBOX 360)

And lastly a Burnout 3 case with manual that had Red Dead Revolver in it for 1.99 (XBOX)

There were a few more games there that were priced at 2.99 like Forza Horizon, FIfa 14, Yu-Gi-Oh on the Gamecube and Castlevania on PS2 that I left because I knew I'd never get around to playing them. 

No games, but I hit the toy jackpot today.

Early 90s Batman vehicles and figures, talespin vehicles and figures and a lost world T Rex All priced between 2.99 and 4.99. I'll get better pics when I get home.

Some of these are worth $$$!
80414fbc04554f32cdb96d15d31e9912.jpg

Just found a few more things, a bag of stuff with Jurassic Park toys including hatchlings.

No games, but I hit the toy jackpot today.

Early 90s Batman vehicles and figures, talespin vehicles and figures and a lost world T Rex All priced between 2.99 and 4.99. I'll get better pics when I get home.

Some of these are worth $$$!
80414fbc04554f32cdb96d15d31e9912.jpg

Just found a few more things, a bag of stuff with Jurassic Park toys including hatchlings.
This is why I always check the toy section but it's all for my son

Half Price Books 20% sale this weekend. Here are my pick ups. 

Lost figure: $5.99 after sale

sp9gsn.jpg

Mario Strikers ($7.99 after sale) Metal Slug 4 & 5 ($10.40 after sale) both complete

27xmpe9.jpg

Will keep a eye out on those for Gamecube.

How about for xbox 360 or ps3?
The only ones I've played are WWE '12 and '13. I think WWE '13 had the Attitude era story line or something like that which was fun, but can't really recommend any since I just only rented them for a few days back then.

20% off at Half Price Books I think the total was like $29  O:)

2dlr98m.jpg

At various Goodwill stores:

vhz5op.jpg

Crypt Keeper - $5.99

Ronin Warriors: Dais figure - $3.99

Spider-man ball, Middle Earth 2 discs, Pokemon handbook and Yu Gi Oh Dice Masters game (No clue what this is) - $2.12 at goodwill outlet

bought Mortal Kombat Trilogy for PS1 and Tekken 3 for PS1 @ $1.99 each

opened Tekken 3 and it was empty :whistle2:x

opened MK Trilogy and it had MK Trilogy (is there a difference between orange disc and white?), Star Wars Dark Forces, and Brave Fencer Musashi in the case

so even though Tekken was gone I made out pretty good on it

bought Mortal Kombat Trilogy for PS1 and Tekken 3 for PS1 @ $1.99 each

opened Tekken 3 and it was empty :whistle2:x

opened MK Trilogy and it had MK Trilogy (is there a difference between orange disc and white?), Star Wars Dark Forces, and Brave Fencer Musashi in the case

so even though Tekken was gone I made out pretty good on it
Orange disc is the original release, silver/black print disc is greatest hits. That's the case with all (?) greatest hits PS1 games.

Haha wow, what a crazy week it was this week. Made out like a bandit throughout. No really. Feels like I robbed the store. First haul.

AybA8ih.jpg

Hm, what's inside this delightfully dirty and sticky case? Games? DVDs? Pictures of William Shatner? Only one way to find out.

sGG3Mjp.jpg

Xbox games! And Psychonauts at that. Entire case has paid for itself three times over with just one disc! Second game is meh.

NcR1LTP.jpg

Hm... So... that happened. Yeah...

Uh. At this point I'm seriously about to lose my mind. I zip up the case as calmly as possible, (so not very calmly at all) hand it back to her and say "Yeah, I want this." So that's that.

"No it's not, Narukami-san. What about the rest of the stuff? We want to see what you got!" Really? Okay. Went through it thoroughly at home where I could be as loud and crazy and happy as I wanted.

tlX05XJ.jpg

Oh, well, would you look at that. It's the rare long lost copies of Super Meh-rio Bros! I don't even think that Ghost Recon is an Xbox copy! NEXT!

jp1wZLF.jpg

Fanservice-y and sexy, but not very valuable. Might just do a lowball for these.

MySgx5a.jpg

Looks like the rest of it is just cheap stuff. Well, at least there aren't any sports games or wrestling games that are worth even less than the coaster they would replace.

QkONgr9.jpg

Nehehehehehehehehehehe. Narukami you sly dog, you've done it again!

HqcYvwy.jpg

And the last of it. Last, and definitely least, amirite?

Do you want to know what the funny thing is? Last week, I went to another GW and found two cases full of games just like this one. Well, not JUST like this one. One had PS2 games, one had Xbox games. All were crap. As I was going through them, my mind fan wild, thinking if they had any treasures. I imagined seeing Conker and KotOR in there. And now in another GW, here they are.

Well, that's all that was in the case, but this is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of what I got. Look forward to it!

Maybe one of you can help me. I picked this up for $7 from goodwill which is way more than I usually pay for a toy from there. It looks older but I can't seem to find much in the way of markings on it.
[attachment=22187:IMAG1509.jpg]

Haha wow, what a crazy week it was this week. Made out like a bandit throughout. No really. Feels like I robbed the store. First haul.

AybA8ih.jpg

Hm, what's inside this delightfully dirty and sticky case? Games? DVDs? Pictures of William Shatner? Only one way to find out.

sGG3Mjp.jpg

Xbox games! And Psychonauts at that. Entire case has paid for itself three times over with just one disc! Second game is meh.

NcR1LTP.jpg

Hm... So... that happened. Yeah...

Uh. At this point I'm seriously about to lose my mind. I zip up the case as calmly as possible, (so not very calmly at all) hand it back to her and say "Yeah, I want this." So that's that.

"No it's not, Narukami-san. What about the rest of the stuff? We want to see what you got!" Really? Okay. Went through it thoroughly at home where I could be as loud and crazy and happy as I wanted.

tlX05XJ.jpg

Oh, well, would you look at that. It's the rare long lost copies of Super Meh-rio Bros! I don't even think that Ghost Recon is an Xbox copy! NEXT!

jp1wZLF.jpg

Fanservice-y and sexy, but not very valuable. Might just do a lowball for these.

MySgx5a.jpg

Looks like the rest of it is just cheap stuff. Well, at least there aren't any sports games or wrestling games that are worth even less than the coaster they would replace.

QkONgr9.jpg

Nehehehehehehehehehehe. Narukami you sly dog, you've done it again!

HqcYvwy.jpg

And the last of it. Last, and definitely least, amirite?

Do you want to know what the funny thing is? Last week, I went to another GW and found two cases full of games just like this one. Well, not JUST like this one. One had PS2 games, one had Xbox games. All were crap. As I was going through them, my mind fan wild, thinking if they had any treasures. I imagined seeing Conker and KotOR in there. And now in another GW, here they are.

Well, that's all that was in the case, but this is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of what I got. Look forward to it!
Nice. Was this at a goodwill and what area? Goodwill would have it locked up in a glass case. Conker and megaman is the two I'm looking for.

Nice. Was this at a goodwill and what area? Goodwill would have it locked up in a glass case. Conker and megaman is the two I'm looking for.
My goodwill wouldn't even have it put out. It would've gone right up on shopgoodwill.

Yeah, the goodwill I used to find all kinds of stuff at has rapidly gone to shit in the past few weeks. It was nothing short of a miracle that Batman and Tale Spin stuff even made it to the floor.

My goodwill wouldn't even have it put out. It would've gone right up on shopgoodwill.

Yeah, the goodwill I used to find all kinds of stuff at has rapidly gone to shit in the past few weeks. It was nothing short of a miracle that Batman and Tale Spin stuff even made it to the floor.
Yeah. I have not seen any old games besides a og Xbox $24.99 and a ps2 $19.99 and that's without the cables and controllers. When there is CD wallet sitting, it's empty. Recently ps3 games were put at the front cash wrap locked in a glass case. You right. I do notice sometimes on goodwill.com has some of the stuff listed and guess it goes there,so I don't know how does stack of games got passed for so cheap. It blows my mind, but good pickup for him/her. The only og Xbox game I found is the punisher and I already have that on pc. Only wish there was pc controller support for that game.

Found out that tie fighter sells between $50-100 so that was a decent buy. Also found a boxed copy of turok for $7 right after the $7 tie fighter. Going to pick 7 as my powerball number and see if this streak continues[emoji1]

Picked up a sealed copy of GT 2002 / Jet Set Radio for OG Xbox $4.24.

Seen a Fat PS2 with controller/wires, DVD remote, 2 memory cards, and network adapter for $30. Only 2nd time I've seen a console around here. Normally no consoles and alot of empty game boxes.

They were in the glass case. That's why I had to hand it back to the lady and tell her I wanted it instead of just keeping it with me and taking it to the line. If they weren't in the glass case, I doubt I would have gotten them as someone else might have decided to peek through it and found the gems.

Only three of the 14 games were particularly valuable so that's probably what allowed it to escape its fate at shopgoodwill.

RockBand drums for Xbox 360- $4 from Goodwill. Missing the sticks and the breakaway USB plug, thought I had extra at home......nope! Used the parts from my old drums, it works great. Ill have to tape the poles up because the clips to hold them are loose. Ended up trading my other drums to Amazon for $25 since I didnt have to pay for shipping.

Next day at some other thrift store I did find a 360 usb cable so now im just missing some drum sticks. From 2 different GWs I got a slim PS2 with cables and 2 memory cards for $15, an emerald Dualshock for $3, a red memory card for $2, 4 PS1 complete black label games for $3 apiece, and a Wii with just the stand and av cables for $15. Everything works great except maybe the Wii. Once again I didnt have the extra cable I thought I had so I havent been able to test it. I think there might be a disc in there.

Saw a bunch of complete and sealed copies of Atari Games. No E.T., but the others were too much for me. $20 each.

TAoQ48b.jpg

uYVcFSd.jpg

usfw4cY.jpg

Spooge, 

Got more games for you to fix and keep if you're interested. Ive been busy with work so I didn't get a chance to ship you the last batch. Let me know because they're ready to be shipped.

Yours:

Solitarie Majong
Wii Fit Plus
Wii Fit
Rayman
Cate West The Vanishing Files
Tony Hawk Ride
The Golden Compass
Nights
Pitfall
Fable II
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Pinall
Ninja Gaiden II
Super Smash Bros
Dance Dance Revolution

Mine:

A Boy and His Blob
Furu Furu Park
Conker
Dark Cloud
Dark Coud 2

jKhujZ0.jpg

Spooge,

Got more games for you to fix and keep if you're interested. Ive been busy with work so I didn't get a chance to ship you the last batch. Let me know because they're ready to be shipped.

Yours:

Solitarie Majong
Wii Fit Plus
Wii Fit
Rayman
Tony Hawk Ride
The Golden Compass
Nights
Pitfall
Fable II
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Pinall
Ninja Gaiden II
Super Smash Bros
Dance Dance Revolution

Mine:

A Boy and His Blob
Furu Furu Park
Conker
Dark Cloud
Dark Coud 2

jKhujZ0.jpg
What is Furu Furu Park?

Question: As a kid, there was a game on a floppy disk that was installed on a desktop pc. Cant remember the name, but it was a boy with a space gun? Not sure if the title was A boy and his blob. Anyone remember the game? It was probably like in 1990's or so. It was a time with other games like Master of Orion, Star Controller 2,etc.

Postaboy, what is wrong with the games? Never played Dark Cloud because skip on the ps2 Era. Kinda interested depending on the type of game.

What is Furu Furu Park?

Question: As a kid, there was a game on a floppy disk that was installed on a desktop pc. Cant remember the name, but it was a boy with a space gun? Not sure if the title was A boy and his blob. Anyone remember the game? It was probably like in 1990's or so. It was a time with other games like Master of Orion, Star Controller 2,etc.

Postaboy, what is wrong with the games? Never played Dark Cloud because skip on the ps2 Era. Kinda interested depending on the type of game.
Most of them are from GameStop. I'm very close with the manager (Note: My parent owns a donut shop in the same plaza and I always hook him and his employees with free donuts) and he always give me free games that are badly scratched (He usually throw them into the trash).

All the games I posted are badly scratched and untested. I have sent numerous games to sponge and he does a great job of making the games near mint. So far the games that I got back from him all work perfectly.

Spooge,

Yours:

Solitarie Majong
Wii Fit Plus
Wii Fit
Rayman
Tony Hawk Ride
The Golden Compass
Nights
Pitfall
Fable II
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Pinall
Ninja Gaiden II
Super Smash Bros
Dance Dance Revolution

Mine:

A Boy and His Blob
Furu Furu Park
Conker
Dark Cloud
Dark Coud 2

jKhujZ0.jpg
Send them my way! My buffer has been getting cold and lonely. ;)

Anyone know which is better? Mega Man Anniversary Collection for gamecube or xbox? Thinking of picking it up because want to play a game never finished. Problem cant remember which one. It was on the snes. Megaman is inside the lab and use rush to help get pass the stage like to bounce megaman on rush spring and his rocket jet, etc. Cant remember much about it besides that one part.

Anyone know which is better? Mega Man Anniversary Collection for gamecube or xbox? Thinking of picking it up because want to play a game never finished. Problem cant remember which one. It was on the snes. Megaman is inside the lab and use rush to help get pass the stage like to bounce megaman on rush spring and his rocket jet, etc. Cant remember much about it besides that one part.
if it was on the snes it is mega man 7 unless it was one of the x games. never played those ones so i dont know which it is. if it is one of the x games you need the mega man x collection.

if it was on the snes it is mega man 7 unless it was one of the x games. never played those ones so i dont know which it is. if it is one of the x games you need the mega man x collection.
Not sure if I ever played the x collection? I think the lab had green flooring, bright blue background lab.

Just watch youtube. Yes that is one of them. Wow. Thank you! Bring back memories. For some reason thinking of a boy with a zap gun that kinda looks like darkwing duck gas gun.
It's a great game. It's pretty cheap on Steam. I kinda want Jazz Jackrabbit too

bread's done
Back