Mario Kart Wii $1

South Park the Stick of Truth

Red Dead Redemption

Fable 3

Lollipop Chainsaw

Wii Sports

All for $2 apiece

SNES controller for $3

then I found three N64 games taped together for $1 I thought no biggie they were just sports games but for a buck what the heck right? Well I cut into the tape and open it up when I get home to find a copy of Super Bowling in there. Now if I can only get the tape off the back of the game.

My most recent haul:

$10 SNES with cords

$10 PS1 all cords 2 controllers and multitap
$14 PS2 all cords and 2 controllers

$6 2 6 button Genesis controllers

Someone also marked a Smasung bluray surround sound for $24 thinking it was DVD, I scooped that up at an amazing steal.

I twisted my ankle last week doing some minor parkour. Was out of action for 5 days and counting. Couldn't so much as leave the house. Missed days of thrifting and a whole weekend of yard sales/flea marketing. Freakin' sucks.

7b27981c01b1bfe9093422806b361e1c.jpg

Found at goodwill for 2.99!![emoji41] [emoji10]

7b27981c01b1bfe9093422806b361e1c.jpg

Found at goodwill for 2.99!![emoji41] [emoji10]
wonder how goodwill got that. was it still sealed? i don't think a store would sent it to them being a new release and any person who brought the special edition could sell it and make most of their money back. maybe the person died and all their stuff got donated. amazing find for $3. i going to return my mighty no. 9 signature edition and maybe get this game instead. i will get a lot more enjoyment out of this game especially since i never got around to playing the original.

wonder how goodwill got that. was it still sealed? i don't think a store would sent it to them being a new release and any person who brought the special edition could sell it and make most of their money back. maybe the person died and all their stuff got donated. amazing find for $3. i going to return my mighty no. 9 signature edition and maybe get this game instead. i will get a lot more enjoyment out of this game especially since i never got around to playing the original.
It was in the glass for that price. It is a awesome game indeed

I've had pretty bad luck (or at least no noteworthy luck) so far this year, so my frequency of GW trips have declined.  I did pick up something decent last week, it was a copy of Twilight Princess for Gamecube for $0.35....

... but it was only the case and the manual (both in good shape though).  It was behind the register, got semi excited and asked about it, but it was kept back there since someone stole the disc earlier that morning.  They were going to throw it out (why?), but I convinced them to sell it to me.  I was willing to even pay the sticker price of $1.50 (half off day from $3), but the manager was cool and just said $0.70 (half off to $0.35).

Happy at least it was saved from its dumpster fate.

I've had pretty bad luck (or at least no noteworthy luck) so far this year, so my frequency of GW trips have declined. I did pick up something decent last week, it was a copy of Twilight Princess for Gamecube for $0.35....

... but it was only the case and the manual (both in good shape though). It was behind the register, got semi excited and asked about it, but it was kept back there since someone stole the disc earlier that morning. They were going to throw it out (why?), but I convinced them to sell it to me. I was willing to even pay the sticker price of $1.50 (half off day from $3), but the manager was cool and just said $0.70 (half off to $0.35).

Happy at least it was saved from its dumpster fate.
Sometimes they accept donations and may not checked inside the box. Notice either no disc or wrong disc in the box.

I dont know. A newly release game at goodwill for $3 and sealed? Cant tell if it really happened or just posting.

I haven't been on CAG in so long, but just yesterday, I scored me a Satin Silver slim PS2 for only $5 at a local Salvation Army in Spartanburg. The system was marked at $9.99, but it rang at half price. It only came with the power cord, but I already had some PS1 AV cables and a controller good to go. Condition-wise, it has a decent amount of scratches on top, and the power-on button is pretty mushy, but it runs like an absolute charm! Glad to have a PS2 again. :)
13570250_649816075166547_1412550436_o.jpg

check the odin sphere, probably good if it is wrapped, i got a xenoblade chronicles x, but it was a case with a blank cd with a printed up label on top..also a pokemon x that was an old ds game with a pokemon x label on it.

Ankle's better now. I went on Wednesday to my local Goodwill. Got nothing but a sore ankle from walking around the store with nothing to show for it.

A week or two before I twisted my ankle, I found some cool toys. Some might be expensive. I'll post pics later today. And I'm going yard saleing tomorrow if it kills me!

also a pokemon x that was an old ds game with a pokemon x label on it.
How did that happen? Pokemon X is a 3DS game. If it was a DS cartridge with a Pokemon X label on it, it's pretty clear there's something shady afoot.

I think it came from stores, where someone bought the game, switched it out with the fake and kept the original. The xenoblade had a salvage tag from a store on it.

Goodwill opened an outlet close to me today so I went.... ended  up getting (among other things) a GBA SP AGS-101 model with Pokemon Leaf Green in it for what comes oout to about 60 cents

Goodwill opened an outlet close to me today so I went.... ended up getting (among other things) a GBA SP AGS-101 model with Pokemon Leaf Green in it for what comes oout to about 60 cents
Nice! Enjoy it while it lasts.

When the one over here first opened, it was a treasure trove and I went a few days a week for hours at a time. Then it started getting crowded and became a fight (literally fistfights would break out) to get anything good. Now they cherry pick the good stuff to throw up on shopgoodwill and only put out junk on the floor. I go maybe twice a year now.

Yeah enjoy it while it lasts. I've been thrifting/garage saling/junking/pawning for 25 years and what the Goodwill Outlet here has become is literally the most depressing thing I've seen in all that time. Long troughs filled with literal garbage and there people are, pawing through shards of broken glass looking at mismatched shoes and moldy books. Swear to Koresh, I saw fistfuls of someone's old canceled checks in there. It was so fucked up.

Nice! Enjoy it while it lasts.

When the one over here first opened, it was a treasure trove and I went a few days a week for hours at a time. Then it started getting crowded and became a fight (literally fistfights would break out) to get anything good. Now they cherry pick the good stuff to throw up on shopgoodwill and only put out junk on the floor. I go maybe twice a year now.
I had this happen too. I found some good stuff the first time when they opened (250 gb external WD Passport HD) . I only go every other month now or when I want to waste some time. It's all garbage. I look at people's carts and wonder what the heck they are doing with all the crap. I've decided they are all just hoarders or flea market sellers. It is interesting to try to find the most disgusting thing which isn't very hard. I once found a stuffed animal that looked like someone had puked all over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had this happen too. I found some good stuff the first time when they opened (250 gb external WD Passport HD) . I only go every other month now or when I want to waste some time. It's all garbage. I look at people's carts and wonder what the heck they are doing with all the crap. I've decided they are all just hoarders or flea market sellers. It is interesting to try to find the most disgusting thing which isn't very hard. I once found a stuffed animal that looked like someone had puked all over it.
I went to a Goodwill Outlet several months ago for the first time. It wasn't a new place, new to me though. I remember seeing people going crazy, digging through large carts of what I thought was mostly junk. The loud employees yelling at you to move out of the way, while they bring out more carts full of crap. I realized that day I wasn't as poor as I thought. Never forced to buy clothes by the pound.

I haven't had much luck at thrift stores for video games. Most recent find I found was a cartridge only Wario Ware for the DS for a $1. I didn't buy it since I had already bought the game from Gamestop. Figured I would leave it for someone else.

Thinking about it now. I don't think I have had much experience with bootleg DS games. I remember bootleg GBA games were kind of a big deal, during their hay day.

The one over here is directly across the street from a flea market, so it makes sense where alot of this crap ends up.

Okay so I know I just bad mouthed the Goodwill Outlet but this happened today. I had the day off and decided to do some thrifting. I decided I'd give the outlet another shot since I haven't been in awhile. I found some good stuff and was ready to leave when I did a last look over of some of the bins and something caught my eye UNDER the bins. I was like nah thats not what I think it is. It was. I have no idea how this little guy ended up under the big blue bins but I'm glad he did. 

70jpu0.jpg

Rough shape. I brought him home and cleaned him up.

2q3b3x4.jpg

got some decent stuff this week. i been looking to buy the first star wars knights of the old republic game so i can try it. they had a copy for $10 but i found this for $15.

i knew it was in a different case but it felt heavy. they put tape on it to keep it closed so i opened to see what was inside and it had the manuals for both games. they keep the disc at the counter so i go up and ask to see it and they pull out both games.

it even had the art work for the first game behind the other one so i was able to make them complete by using cases from some of my doubles.

i also pick these up for $5 each

akira was $4 and is nib. fire emblem was only $10 i been wanting to try the series out but could never find this one on sale.

I finally had an awesome gaming find at Goodwill today. We were on our way home from an appointment and decided last minute to turn into Goodwill and man, what a good impulse move.

65df5953078cf700a654bc4f2eaff3ed.jpg

I'm stumped as to both how they even got to the case and how they were still in the case when I walked in, considering there were two guys scouring the DVD shelf at the back of the store when I got there. Paid 3.99 each.

I swore to myself over the weekend that I'm only going to flip my duplicate games and work at rebuilding my collection, but Chrono Trigger is a mighty tempting flip. :/

I finally had an awesome gaming find at Goodwill today. We were on our way home from an appointment and decided last minute to turn into Goodwill and man, what a good impulse move.

65df5953078cf700a654bc4f2eaff3ed.jpg

I'm stumped as to both how they even got to the case and how they were still in the case when I walked in, considering there were two guys scouring the DVD shelf at the back of the store when I got there. Paid 3.99 each.

I swore to myself over the weekend that I'm only going to flip my duplicate games and work at rebuilding my collection, but Chrono Trigger is a mighty tempting flip. :/
Wow, Ive never seen such quality at Goodwill :drool: Nice score!

Thanks! This still isn't as good as my find a few years back when someone donated a bunch of CIB SNES games (Super Mario World 2 being one highlight), that I bought for $1.99 each. Those days are pretty much a thing of the past now, with yesterday being a freak occurrence.

I stopped back in today hoping for maybe a second helping from whoever donated them, but no such luck.

At the other GW, I did pick up a Friend of Furby Gizmo (from Gremlins) for $1.99 and a Singer 160th Anniversary sewing machine for $4.99.

Hey guys! It's the return of the world's laziest bastard, AKA your OP! Aside from some of the cool hauls I already posted, thrifting has been dead for over a month. There's a few things here and there worth mentioning, though. This first set of pictures is from the middle of last month.

cD7qCrD.jpg

This is a very old LEGO set, named For Her, before the LEGO Friends and Elves and other girly LEGO stuff came out. It was a whopping $3. Aw yiss. I think at least a few of the pieces are missing. Oh well.

69K9Sxq.jpg

This was all in a Ziploc bag. $2. Mostly old Ninja Turtles, but a gangsta Kermit the Frog is also in there. Most of the figures can't stand up, or I can't get them to. The Batman figure is downright lame. Small and cheap. Shoddy work.

A1nLnrG.jpg

Another bag, another $2. More Ninja Turtles, but we've also got One Angry Beaver, along with another gangsta Kermit, and what looks to be a yellow Blanka with black hair. Or maybe just a naked Oompa-Loompa, and the fattest Penguin fig you've ever seen. I don't know how much any of this is worth. Not much to go on looking on eBay if all I have to go by is "Ninja Turtles figures."

sm2lZQ1.jpg

Oh, by the way, the blue Samurai Jack guy transforms. Neat. Pretty good attention to detail.

And here's last week's grabs.

giQ0e9S.jpg

$1 for each game. Here in my area, at GW, any disc, whether it's a movie CD, a DVD, a Blu-Ray, or even a game disc is $1 unless otherwise marked. It usually is marked. But not this time. All the Final Fantasy games were complete. Wii Play was brand new sealed. Only reason why I bought it

xqxGBJh.jpg

And this is a Sony sound amp. Newer than speakers, older than soundbars, still worth a pretty penny. $4.

Another bag, another $2. More Ninja Turtles, but we've also got One Angry Beaver, along with another gangsta Kermit, and what looks to be a yellow Blanka with black hair. Or maybe just a naked Oompa-Loompa, and the fattest Penguin fig you've ever seen. I don't know how much any of this is worth. Not much to go on looking on eBay if all I have to go by is "Ninja Turtles figures."
what i usually do is look for a stamp on their feet that says what year it was made. then try to find the name of the figure buy googling or going through eBay seen if i find a match for "teenage mutant ninja turtles" followed by the year it was made. it usually only takes about five minutes to find the name which i can then use to look at sold listings.

the one that transforms is shredder from 1993

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-1993-Mutatin-Shredder-TMNT-Mutations-Action-Figure-Toy-Ninja-Turtles-X21-/122034185985?hash=item1c69cde701:g:pWgAAOSweWVXeHA7

69K9Sxq.jpg

This was all in a Ziploc bag. $2. Mostly old Ninja Turtles, but a gangsta Kermit the Frog is also in there. Most of the figures can't stand up, or I can't get them to. The Batman figure is downright lame. Small and cheap. Shoddy work.

A1nLnrG.jpg

sm2lZQ1.jpg

Oh, by the way, the blue Samurai Jack guy transforms. Neat. Pretty good attention to detail.
You did pretty well here for $2 a bag. Even loose. No fortunes found but definitely worth the buy. You can Google the figure line to get the names of the characters. Check "Ninja Turtles original playmates line". Each fig is worth a few bucks each. Shame they didn't have their accessories. Those missing hands are pretty useless though. Maybe someone would want them for parts but it's unlikely.

Picked up an original 3ds for 27 bucks from my local savers. But it was some other story here that interested me more...

As I take it up to purchase, the cashier (manager) says "wow thats a good condition one!" "oh its a 3ds too?! wow that should have been priced much higher. These things go for $300." "I politely corrected her by saying, "well I mean they dont actually go for $300..." She started telling me how she just bought her child one and it didnt have a charger etc...and it was $300. I wanted to say I didnt even know if it worked etc...but I just saved my breath.

Anywho this story perfectly highlights what is wrong with thrift stores today; everyone thinks they have million dollar items and/or $300 3ds' on their shelves...Le Sigh...

This is probably my favorite pick up of the year. I've really turned down my expectations for the past 8 months or so, I didn't think items like these would even be donated anymore, or at least see the actual brick and mortar store front at those prices.

Picked up:
New Super Marios Bros $4
Super Mario 64 $4
Mario Vs Donkey Kong $4
3 Pokemom Game Boy Games $6/$8

Things I saw but did not buy:
Street Fighter Joystick Xbox 360 $100
PS3 Slim with no controllers/cords = $20
GTA V 360 $6
Resident Evil 2 (no manual) $6
Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Galaxy, Kirby's Epic Yarn $6 each
Pitfall SNES $10

bCU5lw6.jpg

SnCEP2I.jpg
zcdlUVh.jpg
gHDCx5m.jpg
ddhyyjG.jpg
6rfDGqS.jpg
MKnb3DX.jpg
PzKy1Kc.jpg

Picked up:
New Super Marios Bros $4
Super Mario 64 $4
Mario Vs Donkey Kong $4
3 Pokemom Game Boy Games $6/$8

Things I saw but did not buy:
Street Fighter Joystick Xbox 360 $100
PS3 Slim with no controllers/cords = $20
GTA V 360 $6
Resident Evil 2 (no manual) $6
Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Galaxy, Kirby's Epic Yarn $6 each
Pitfall SNES $10

bCU5lw6.jpg

SnCEP2I.jpg
zcdlUVh.jpg
gHDCx5m.jpg
ddhyyjG.jpg
6rfDGqS.jpg
MKnb3DX.jpg
PzKy1Kc.jpg
What state? Nice haul you ppl stayout of florida goodwills thanks haha

I haven't been on CAG in so long, but just yesterday, I scored me a Satin Silver slim PS2 for only $5 at a local Salvation Army in Spartanburg. The system was marked at $9.99, but it rang at half price. It only came with the power cord, but I already had some PS1 AV cables and a controller good to go. Condition-wise, it has a decent amount of scratches on top, and the power-on button is pretty mushy, but it runs like an absolute charm! Glad to have a PS2 again. :)
13570250_649816075166547_1412550436_o.jpg
I think the silver console can be mod?

And here's last week's grabs.

giQ0e9S.jpg

$1 for each game. Here in my area, at GW, any disc, whether it's a movie CD, a DVD, a Blu-Ray, or even a game disc is $1 unless otherwise marked. It usually is marked. But not this time. All the Final Fantasy games were complete. Wii Play was brand new sealed. Only reason why I bought it

xqxGBJh.jpg

And this is a Sony sound amp. Newer than speakers, older than soundbars, still worth a pretty penny. $4.
What mode is that sony?

bread's done
Back