20YearGamers.com Launch: Free Game Giveaway Contest (COD, DK, 007, JAM)

mikkymuffins

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
What up fellow CAGers!! Shout out to Cheapy D! :applause:

Jaaaaaaaaac and I have started our very own gaming website and we want to start things off with a bang – what better way to do that than give away free stuff!!

Ok so heres the deal. To enter for a chance to win our first contest all you have to do is:

1) “Like” 20 Year Gamers on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/20-Year-Gamers/170105546337109

2) “Like” one of our posts on the site
Like this one maybe?? http://www.20yeargamers.com/welcome-to-20-year-gamers/

We will choose a random post and then select a random person as the winner for the contest. I'm planning to physically write the names and draw it out of hat. Oh and taping the whole thing for fun!!

We are taking a poll for what our first prize should be. Visit our site at www.20yeargamers.com to vote and get in on the action.

Choices are:
Call of Duty: Black Ops (system of your choice)
Donkey Kong Returns (Wii)
NBA Jam (system of your choice)
Goldeneye 007 (Wii)

Voting ends November 30, 2010 at Midnight! Prize will be mailed very shortly after that.

REAL TALK: If you have any comments/advice/suggestions/loving or hateful comments about the site, please please please feel free to speak your mind. I really value the community here at CAG and want to make this a fun thing for everyone. I'm not making any money off this (actually the exact opposite). Just a hobby of mine that I feel very passionate about so I hope you like it. If you don't I will respect your opinion and appreciate the feedback! :D

You are very welcome!! Since you are the first lucky CAG to reply I'm sending you a a mystery prize. PM me your address and system of choice kind sir and I will send that out.

Don't have Facebook so I can't enter, unfortunately. But thanks for the contest. (DKCR FTW.)

It looks decent so far. Might I recommend setting up a Twitter account? I'd gladly follow you. :)

Thanks to everyone who has entered so far!! Seems like COD is running away with it so to make it a little more interesting, I'm adding another juggernaut to the poll.... HALO REACH!

[quote name='JaaaaaaaaaC']We can make an exception if the winner already has a copy of the game with the most votes.[/QUOTE]
ah, alright. Cool. The site looks pretty slick. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Has been bookmarked in my gaming folder. :)

[quote name='JaaaaaaaaaC']We will be shipping a U.S. version of the game. What country are you referring to?[/QUOTE]
What I meant was, is this contest open to only to people who live in the U.S.? I was asking because I live in Canada.

[quote name='s8man888']What I meant was, is this contest open to only to people who live in the U.S.? I was asking because I live in Canada.[/QUOTE]

By all means, enter. We will not exclude you from the contest, and if you are chosen we will be more than happy to ship it to you. If for some reason the post office tries to give us the run-around, worst-case scenario, you might have to pay for the extra shipping charges, but probably not. I guess I could have just replied, No. Haha.......And thank you again for reading!!

[quote name='John_Ripper']followed all the steps an entered! thanks for the awesome contest![/QUOTE]

Our pleasure! I heard theres a little something up for grabs if you follow us on Twitter as well...

@20YearGamer :lol:

Thanks to all of our new readers!! You guys (and gals) are awesome!

[quote name='mikkymuffins']You are very welcome!! Since you are the first lucky CAG to reply I'm sending you a a mystery prize. PM me your address and system of choice kind sir and I will send that out.[/QUOTE]

Did you get my PM?

[quote name='GTAERgameing']Did you get my PM?[/QUOTE]

I sure did, thank you. Look for your bonus prize to be coming in the next week or so!

[quote name='dtcarson']Entered.
What's the 20 years signify? Years in gaming?[/QUOTE]

Yes the original idea for the site was to include a test that would earn users the designation of being a "20 Year" gamer. This would earn you a gold coin next your name in the comments (by default everyone has a silver coin) and other perks.

My plans are to still implement this in some capacity but I am really just focusing on building a reader base and getting good original content on the site. It's been quite a task so far as I am doing all the coding, graphic design and directing all myself (with the help of fellow CAG Jaaaaaaaaac).

I want to stray away from being a topical gaming news site with more original content and gaming culture and really cater to a little bit older crowd - people who grew up with games, the NES, Gameboy, Genesis as kids and N64, PSX and Dreamcast as teens. Not that I want to alienate any younger readers (they are more than welcome) but I do want to avoid the current Xbox Live crowd of tweens calling each other racial slurs and making "ur momma" jokes.

So theres a little bit of my insight on how the site got its name and what direction I would like to see it go. As always if anyone has any feedback, good or bad, or if anyone is interested in sharing stories on the site, let me know!

Congrats to GTAERgameing for winning the just for fun bonus prize and thanks to all the CAG's that have entered the contest so far!

If you haven't entered, there are still 2 weeks left until the contest ends. If Black Ops wins the vote we will be sending out the Steel case version of the game that comes with the Prestige Edition!!!! As for the car... I have something very special in the works... stay tuned!!

I tweeted and liked, and I wish you all the best!

However, I find it a bit curious that there's no twitter widget on the "Welcome to 20 Year Gamers!!" contest/poll page, but I've seen the twitter widget on every other page I have read on the site. Is there a reason for this?
I would think that it would not be in your best interests to exclude the widget from that page, since you are directing people to see that page in this thread's OP.

You might also want to give the twitter contest more publicity by putting info on it in this thread's OP and on your website, either as a new post or tacked onto the existing contest post.

Just my 2 cents.

[quote name='mikkymuffins']Congrats to GTAERgameing for winning the just for fun bonus prize and thanks to all the CAG's that have entered the contest so far!

If you haven't entered, there are still 2 weeks left until the contest ends. If Black Ops wins the vote we will be sending out the Steel case version of the game that comes with the Prestige Edition!!!! As for the car... I have something very special in the works... stay tuned!![/QUOTE]
The RC-XD or an actual car? lol

[quote name='Reibear']I tweeted and liked, and I wish you all the best!

However, I find it a bit curious that there's no twitter widget on the "Welcome to 20 Year Gamers!!" contest/poll page, but I've seen the twitter widget on every other page I have read on the site. Is there a reason for this?
I would think that it would not be in your best interests to exclude the widget from that page, since you are directing people to see that page in this thread's OP.

You might also want to give the twitter contest more publicity by putting info on it in this thread's OP and on your website, either as a new post or tacked onto the existing contest post.

Just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for the advice, the missing widget is just an error on my part. Thanks for pointing that out so I can fix it! I'm still a little skeptical about Twitter so I haven't spent as much time on that as I should. We are getting a few more people on board with the site in the next month or so and this should help us get everything running much smoother. I can't wait for the second contest, trust me.. Its gonna be HUGE!!

bread's done
Back