22-24 inch LCD/LED Low input lag

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I'm looking to buy an LCD or LED TV for my bedroom that has little to no input lag. Something around $250 bucks. 22 to 24 inches. I've heard Samsungs are good because they have a "Game mode." Any help would be appreciated.

I have an ASUS VH236H which has pretty low lag. It's 23 inches with a hdmi input and looks like it costs around $170 nowadays. It is a pretty nice monitor for gaming. I bought the monitor after doing a little bit of research on shoryuken because people who play fighting games are pretty picky about lag in their displays. The speakers work but are pretty weak as expected.

Some links if you want more specs/reviews, hope this helps.

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VH236H-I...3K5G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326529773&sr=8-1
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236059&Tpk=asus vh236h

I've got 2 23" Vizio LED and they are awesome. The audio is pretty bad, but you can hook up computer speakers to it through the headphone port if you don't have enough room for a sub and speakers, like I do.

[quote name='super_nerd']I have an ASUS VH236H which has pretty low lag. It's 23 inches with a hdmi input and looks like it costs around $170 nowadays. It is a pretty nice monitor for gaming. I bought the monitor after doing a little bit of research on shoryuken because people who play fighting games are pretty picky about lag in their displays. The speakers work but are pretty weak as expected.

Some links if you want more specs/reviews, hope this helps.

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VH236H-I...3K5G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326529773&sr=8-1
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236059&Tpk=asus vh236h[/QUOTE]
I have a smaller version of the same monitor and yes. It's very sweet. Only problem is it doesn't have composite or component hookups. I need a TV, not a monitor but thanks anyways.

What's wrong with Samsung? I have a pair of them and they work great for my Wii and PS3. I don't think you can find the T200 anymore, not sure how much luck you'll have on the T2370 either (whether they moved to newer models or not). Great sets, I always choose Samsung. Both sets have tuners, component, and an HDMI. 20" and 23" because who needs anything bigger?

[quote name='ssjmichael']Oh sorry about that, just saw the title and assumed you meant a monitor. Samsung probably is your best bet then[/QUOTE]

No problem man. That's also what I keep hearing is to get Samsung.

Anyone hear anything about the Vizio Razors?

[quote name='DP2']What's wrong with Samsung? I have a pair of them and they work great for my Wii and PS3. I don't think you can find the T200 anymore, not sure how much luck you'll have on the T2370 either (whether they moved to newer models or not). Great sets, I always choose Samsung. Both sets have tuners, component, and an HDMI. 20" and 23" because who needs anything bigger?[/QUOTE]

Typically the best TV's for low input lag are LG, Sharp, and Panasonic. Unfortunately there isn't much of a selection in the screen size OP is looking for. Samsung's with the exception of some older models are notorious for input lag. Also you CAN find monitors that have component/composite connections. Sorry if it seems like people keep bringing up monitors but it seems like you want a dedicated gaming display.

[quote name='Greater Malison']Typically the best TV's for low input lag are LG, Sharp, and Panasonic. Unfortunately there isn't much of a selection in the screen size OP is looking for. Samsung's with the exception of some older models are notorious for input lag. Also you CAN find monitors that have component/composite connections. Sorry if it seems like people keep bringing up monitors but it seems like you want a dedicated gaming display.[/QUOTE]

OH. In that case, I'll try and find a gaming monitor with composite and component connections with low or non-existent input lag. Preferably something with multiple HDMIs. Any recommendations?

bread's done
Back