24: Day 7 Deals?

Watchman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Fox doesn't waste any time-- they're releasing Season 7 not even 12 hours after the season finale tonight.

What I need from my fellow CAGS is a bargain. I know that Amazon is having a TV week in their Gold Box, but Bones is still up as the main deal, and none of the clues for the rest of the day suggest anything DVD-related.

So, any help is greatly appreciated.

And if it's in the wrong forum, feel free to move it.

Thanks.

[quote name='Watchman']Fox doesn't waste any time-- they're releasing Season 7 not even 12 hours after the season finale tonight.
[/QUOTE]
People forget that Day 7 was 75% finished by the time they were forced to shut down by the Writer's Strike in early 2008. Technically the DVDs are 8-10 months late in Fox's eyes.

[quote name='BlaculaDave']People forget that Day 7 was 75% finished by the time they were forced to shut down by the Writer's Strike in early 2008. Technically the DVDs are 8-10 months late in Fox's eyes.[/QUOTE]

They had exactly 12 episodes in the can (so to speak) when the strike hit, and part of the 13th, - so the second half of the season was filmed after the strike.

The rationale behind releasing now is because DVD sales lagged on season 6 while this immediate release strategy was successful for 24: Redemption late last year so Fox is trying something a little different - try to strike and get people who fell 'off the bandwagon' during this season and want to catch up right away. It also has the benefit that they can precipitously drop the price next December/January to boost sales right before Day 8 starts.

bread's done
Back