24 the game

Probably something I'll be picking up when it inevitably falls in price if it has a good story cause I am guessing the gameplay will only be average.

I picked it up today, and I am loving it. 2KGames, and Cambridge Studios did a great job in presenting this game. It lives up to the shows, and it feels like you are watching the tv show, but also controlling it at the same time. The camera, and gameplay isn't that bad as a lot of people are saying. The music, and presentation is straight out of the tv show.

You get to play as Michelle, Tony, Kim, Chase and Jack at least so far from what I've played. I am currenty playing through hour 7. On a scale of 1-10 I would give this game a 8, it is worthy of a purchase if you are a 24 fan or just looking for a new action game. If you aren't a 24 fan I would consider renting it first before you decide. However if you aren't a 24 fan or have never watched the show I suggest you go watch it. It will help a lot if you watched Season 1, and 2 before playing this game since it ties in the gap between Season 2 and 3.

The game doesn't follow the real time format, so the game doesn't take 24 hours to complete. I would ballpark the game to be about 12-15 hours of gameplay. However there is a grading system for each mission (grades are based on how much health you used, how many head shots, how many civilans that were saved etc), and the grading system might draw you back if you want to achieve a perfect grade for each mission.

yea and they gave the last tomb raider a 5 page spread saying how great this is and that and alot of people got sucked in before the reviews and you got a free bobble head which really cost you 50 bucks.

[quote name='klingon666']yea and they gave the last tomb raider a 5 page spread saying how great this is and that and alot of people got sucked in before the reviews and you got a free bobble head which really cost you 50 bucks.[/QUOTE]
wow! I read through your post several hundred times and still have no idea what you are trying to say.

[quote name='FrankySox']wow! I read through your post several hundred times and still have no idea what you are trying to say.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: That absolutely killed me.

[quote name='FrankySox']wow! I read through your post several hundred times and still have no idea what you are trying to say.[/QUOTE]

I think the most pressing question of his post is, who the fuck is "they"?!?!?

He must have really been pissed about Tomb Raider, in another thread about Ico:

[quote name='klingon666']Yes that game is a must have did not get all of the fanfare for it like the last tomb raider game (what a joke) It is a great game just stick with it. Peace..[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I think the most pressing question of his post is, who the fuck is "they"?!?!?

He must have really been pissed about Tomb Raider, in another thread about Ico:[/QUOTE]
Yeah that's funny because I also checked out his profile and read that same post. I'm just stunned at how bad the grammar is.

So I got the chance to check it out today - and ended up playing it for two and a half hours.

Bottom line - it's fun. If you're a fan of the show, you will love it. Objects effect the enemies. I smashed through a gate with a car, the gate flew and hit a guy and killed him. It was awesome.

It's absolutely higher than a 4.2. I'd get it a 7 or a 7.5. I had a blast with this one. I'm totally eating my words, I thought it'd be the worse thing ever, but it's not. Pick it up.

[quote name='FrankySox']Yeah that's funny because I also checked out his profile and read that same post. I'm just stunned at how bad the grammar is.[/QUOTE]

Dude. You guys are haters. This is an internet message board, for chrissake; how can you expect correct grammar in a place where "ROFL" or "pwned" is considered a word?

I blame my grammer on my Teachers or should I say if I had perfect grammer I would not be doing my thing on this site. You guys ROCK you cheapasses...........

[quote name='klingon666']How about omfg...............[/QUOTE]
Yeah I know not everyone uses perfect grammar and I wouldn't expect them to. My point is that your grammar was so bad I had no idea what you were trying to say. What were you talking about in this post? I only ask because I'm interested, don't take offense.

[quote name='klingon666']
yea and they gave the last tomb raider a 5 page spread saying how great this is and that and alot of people got sucked in before the reviews and you got a free bobble head which really cost you 50 bucks.[/quote]

Franky sox I do not take offense in all that we do or say ,we are only human! The last tomb raider game in alot of mags (opps there is my grammer again) when the editor or ers previewed the game were saying how great the game was going to be,yada,yada,yada and the game was not even reviewed till the game was selling like hotcakes and if you preordered the game you get a free bobble head of tomb raider. HYPE,HYPE,HYPE. Did you ever play Ico? that game was GREAT. This game did not get the HYPE like tomb raider did . I do not finish alot of games, probably they did not keep my interest. Then again all people are different. I try to keep up on most of the games that come out but it is hard because every reviewer are different. I guess the moral is (do not buy till the reviews fly.) But you know what, you may say this game is good or I may say I do not think so. That is why we are not all the same. What kind of world would it be if we were. BORING..........Yes I would say Rent before you buy,Do not believe the hype. You are what you are Different,even if we do not have good grammer or punctuation (god I hope I spelled that right I do not want to get chastised for wrong spelling.(HA,HA,HA). I or we are just trying to have fun or to be informitive on this site. Can we not all just get along????????????? I just love dictionary's.......Peace

If it drops below the 40 price point to like 20 or 25, I'll pick it up (I pretty much refuse to pay more than 30 for a game). I'm really pissed that The Shield game got cancelled. At least 24 has a game.

[quote name='klingon666']Franky sox I do not take offense in all that we do or say ,we are only human! The last tomb raider game in alot of mags (opps there is my grammer again) when the editor or ers previewed the game were saying how great the game was going to be,yada,yada,yada and the game was not even reviewed till the game was selling like hotcakes and if you preordered the game you get a free bobble head of tomb raider. HYPE,HYPE,HYPE. Did you ever play Ico? that game was GREAT. This game did not get the HYPE like tomb raider did . I do not finish alot of games, probably they did not keep my interest. Then again all people are different. I try to keep up on most of the games that come out but it is hard because every reviewer are different. I guess the moral is (do not buy till the reviews fly.) But you know what, you may say this game is good or I may say I do not think so. That is why we are not all the same. What kind of world would it be if we were. BORING..........Yes I would say Rent before you buy,Do not believe the hype. You are what you are Different,even if we do not have good grammer or punctuation (god I hope I spelled that right I do not want to get chastised for wrong spelling.(HA,HA,HA). I or we are just trying to have fun or to be informitive on this site. Can we not all just get along????????????? I just love dictionary's.......Peace[/QUOTE]

You change topics, in mid-sentence! How do you do that?!?!

It needs much polishing and has slow down in a few areas that I have played. The game starts at 6am and I am at 3:30pm and already came across an in game glitch where I was stuck on a level and could not exit. The camera is crazy and the controls seem a little clunky. Though I am a huge fan of the show I still enjoy it, just for that reason. The game also seems to be short and it feels as though it was rushed to coincide with Season 5.

I got to interogate a guy but it was just a mini game and wasnt as satisfying as pulling a gun out and shooting them in the kneecap. I am only about 45% complete though.

yeah, there's no torture that I have seen in the game, but the interogation parts and some other mini games are pretty cool side dishes for the game. i think i'm about as far in teh game as you.

bread's done
Back