$25.00 Wiimotes (refurbished) at overstock.com

[quote name='mattstockton12']I'm not sure I'd trust a refurbished Wiimote...those things are too precious to trust a repaired one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... I think you should also pass on these.

Who refurbed them? Did they use Nintendo parts? I doubt. I remember the PS2 Logitech refurbs that hit the market last fall were pretty much garbage.

What ever happened to overstock.com?

I got an email from them this morning saying $50 off coupon inside. I open the email and the $50 off is only for one piece of specific jewelry.

Now open box items pfft.

My Wiimote broke my second week into owning my Wii way back in December. I was playing Wii Tennis with my girlfriend, and having gone up to the console to read the manual, she served without my knowing. I tried to play from my position next to the TV and the Wii, and *click*ed it against the Wii in my upswing. It stopped reading movement all together, but the IR pointing still worked.

I was all set to mail my 'mote in after talking to a rep from Nintendo when I read a forum post about how someone had talked to a rep and they had told them to hold the remote with the buttons facing down, and slap it against their palm. I did that, and to this day I don't know which of my four remotes was broken at one point.

I hope this reassures some of you to just what is necessary (or is not necessary) to fix what many perceive as a broken Wii remote.

In for one... beats $40 new :) Hey CAGs known for buying used items, so i don't understand why the hate for refurbished items. For big ticket items, i can understand, but the Wiimote is pretty solid... Hey, if doesn't work, oh well, so much for saving $15.

thanks OP, i finally got my 2nd and last Wiimotem, yeap, heard me right, no point of getting more than two... You know, it's not hard to unstrap and share the Wiimote, especially when you have two. Now, maybe i'm gonna get some skins for the Wiimote to distinguish one and two.

I've found the motes to be well built. I've seen one go flying across a room, smash into a wall and slide across the floor. Never a problem.

I think there is a 10% off coupon for overstock as well.

my original plan was to get the 2nd wiimote via the B2G1 free on used stuffs from GS. But giving that most GS stores dont have used Wiimotes, i don't see the point...

Yeah, I've only seen one used Wii accessory, and that was a Classic Controller yesterday at GS ($14.99).

Now, these are open box, but instead of being refurbished is there any chance they are extra remotes from WiiPlay? Wasn't that something that GS had at some point?

don't think i've ever had a good experience with refurbished goods. but at $25.00, it's mighty tempting to try and change that.

[quote name='carthitup']Yeah, I've only seen one used Wii accessory, and that was a Classic Controller yesterday at GS ($14.99).

Now, these are open box, but instead of being refurbished is there any chance they are extra remotes from WiiPlay? Wasn't that something that GS had at some point?[/quote]

read that from another post.. nope, GSs around here don't have any Wii accessories, especially the Wiimote... Saw alot of new ones of course, but no bites for $40 Wiimotes...

Interesting.... I'll have to remember that trick.

[quote name='supershammy']My Wiimote broke my second week into owning my Wii way back in December. I was playing Wii Tennis with my girlfriend, and having gone up to the console to read the manual, she served without my knowing. I tried to play from my position next to the TV and the Wii, and *click*ed it against the Wii in my upswing. It stopped reading movement all together, but the IR pointing still worked.

I was all set to mail my 'mote in after talking to a rep from Nintendo when I read a forum post about how someone had talked to a rep and they had told them to hold the remote with the buttons facing down, and slap it against their palm. I did that, and to this day I don't know which of my four remotes was broken at one point.

I hope this reassures some of you to just what is necessary (or is not necessary) to fix what many perceive as a broken Wii remote.[/quote]

[quote name='Puffa469']Interesting.... I'll have to remember that trick.[/quote]
interesting indeed.. smack the wiimote, sounds like something i would do anyway when i get frustrated. Hey, that reminds me of blowing the NES game cartridges...

[quote name='burningrom2']As posted on dealnews.com there are "open box" wiimotes for $25.00 plus $3.00 shipping at overstock.com I picked up two, this is the best deal.

Nintendo Wii Remote Controller (Refurbished)

[/QUOTE]

idk man, refurbished? Does that mean that there'll be cheeto stains on the controller?

When I finally got the page to load it was sold out, but today I found a broken $9 one at Goodwill. I looked and a capacitor (C20 IIRC) had come loose on the inside. Warranty service, here I come!

[quote name='supershammy']My Wiimote broke my second week into owning my Wii way back in December. I was playing Wii Tennis with my girlfriend, and having gone up to the console to read the manual, she served without my knowing. I tried to play from my position next to the TV and the Wii, and *click*ed it against the Wii in my upswing. It stopped reading movement all together, but the IR pointing still worked.

I hope this reassures some of you to just what is necessary (or is not necessary) to fix what many perceive as a broken Wii remote.[/quote]

I can second this. I had the exact same problem (still-functioning IR pointer but nonworking accelerometer) and this method fixed my controller, too. I hit it against my bed to cushion the blow somewhat. After a couple tries, the controller worked perfectly. It sounds like a stupid caveman solution but it actually works.

The best deal on these was that Game Crazy/Hollywood "used" new remotes from the rental Wii Plays for $30/$25 with MVP. Are any of those still around?

got mines today, it's in a ziplock bag. it looks brand new to me, looks like someone did the favor opening the package for me :)

tested with Wiisport, bowling, worked like it should... didn't test the nunchuck add-on, but i don't see why it should fail.

thanks OP again for the bargain, now my Wii arsenal is complete...

bread's done
Back