25% extra trade-in credit at GAME

John

Administrator
Staff member
Feedback
10 (100%)
According to NokkonWud (originally posted in the deal stream), GAME are offering 25% extra trade-in credit at the moment. Can anyone else confirm?

Sadly it doesn't show on the receipt after I traded in Red Dead Redemption, but it does show my trade in price (£31.30).

Sadly I don't have a camera phone (I know, how ghetto), else I'd have snapped a picture, it's in the window of the store right now. They did this same deal in January around the time of Mass Effect 2's release.

If I'm in town again tomorrow I will take a digital camera with me, but I will happily take one of the receipt and you can see the game and it's trade in value (but it is on all trade-ins.) :)

[quote name='NokkonWud']Sadly it doesn't show on the receipt after I traded in Red Dead Redemption, but it does show my trade in price (£31.30).

Sadly I don't have a camera phone (I know, how ghetto), else I'd have snapped a picture, it's in the window of the store right now. They did this same deal in January around the time of Mass Effect 2's release.

If I'm in town again tomorrow I will take a digital camera with me, but I will happily take one of the receipt and you can see the game and it's trade in value (but it is on all trade-ins.) :)[/QUOTE]

Nice, if that's the case UK-wide then I might be able to muster the energy to trade in some stuff for Super Mario Galaxy 2 tomorrow.

GAME don't strike me as a store specific company. What I would say is to mention it.
I actually missed out no this earlier in the year when the store manager forgot to add it on and I only noticed this when I got home, so it's definitely done till side.

However, now seems the perfect time to go and trade in a whole load of new stuff for store credit towards the new Xbox360, or even possible keeping it on a gift card for a Nintendo 3DS.

Remember to post back to confirm this if you could please, I know it's all currently word-of-mouth. Just wish I had a camera phone :p.

Given that they offered me around £25 for Red Dead Redemption about a week after release, £31.30 suggests that this is legit.

Gamestation is also doing the same offer too I believe.

I can confirm this is the case at the Merry Hill, Wolverhampton and West Brom stores.

As Game and Gamestation are now owned by the same people, I believe, then it wouldn't surprise me.

@TheToiletDuck According the 360 Slim thread, you'd get £80 for a 60GB so with the extra that would be £100.

Im tempted to clear out my 360 now and take advantage of the 25% extra, as trade-in prices of original consoles will plummet afterwards, but my gamertag might hurt.

Ok so I visited my local GAME today, where I was informed that my 120GB Elite would net me £80 trade, and the old wireless G adapter would be £10. Shockingly, the guy instore said that these prices include the 25% bonus. Poor showing from Game and Gamestation.

Gamestop UK are offering £100 trade for an Elite against a Slim if you're near one of them, but HMV's £109.99 is the best i've found so far.

That sucks
I traded in my xenon (no hdmi) 360 at blockbuster
a few days after the us launch of the slim

£85 with 60gig on it
£12 for a 20gig hd

£97 towards my new slim

[quote name='Fnerk']Ok so I visited my local GAME today, where I was informed that my 120GB Elite would net me £80 trade, and the old wireless G adapter would be £10. Shockingly, the guy instore said that these prices include the 25% bonus. Poor showing from Game and Gamestation.

Gamestop UK are offering £100 trade for an Elite against a Slim if you're near one of them, but HMV's £109.99 is the best i've found so far.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back