$25 for a NEW Nintendo Entertainment System Good?

Larrabee213

CAGiversary!
I just scored a Brand New Still in its plastic NES off Craigs List. I tried to get him down to $20, but it it is brand new I think it will be worth it.

They said they found it in the attic of their dead relitive.

If its good I will post pictures tomorrow.

Good deal if it's really 'new.' Play a round of SMB in honor of the "dead relative," though.

so you didn't get it yet?

of course it's a deal if it's new. if you look at the completed ebay auctions you'd clearly see. i can't believe you still tried to talk them down another $5.. it's probably worth at least $100

also.. original NES boxes were never sealed in plastic.. only the items inside

[quote name='iamthekiller']so you didn't get it yet?

of course it's a deal if it's new. if you look at the completed ebay auctions you'd clearly see. i can't believe you still tried to talk them down another $5.. it's probably worth at least $100

also.. original NES boxes were never sealed in plastic.. only the items inside[/quote]

A true CAG always tries to lower the asking price :rofl:

I just picked one up at a flea market for $55 ($80 with an absolutely perfect SMB3 cart with box/instructions) with the original plastic bags and posters (in perfect condition). The box was a little dinged, but the insides were impecable.

I thought I was getting a deal...I'm pretty sure stuff like that on eBay is $100+

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Good, I guess. But don't open it. Go buy yourself this if you want to play.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I recommend that one too. I have it hooked up to my TV right now. It plays every one of my 90 something NES games except Castlevania 3. It is tiny, reliable and dead sexy. (especially if you add the wireless controllers)

i love to get one of those NES systems clones but 55 to 60 is way too much to spend 20 bucks isnt bad but if your looking at reselling i wouldnt be shocked to get it sent back.

25 years of sitting in a basement or attic i would worry it got damage due to heat or weather.

we are redoing our bathroom and went into the attic to get the roof out and found old bETA tapes. It look like something ate the boxes (acid or something) boxes were all black and the sides were gone

IF you ever find a top loader cheap BUY IT . if it doesnt work you can always send it to nintendo and they fix it for 20 (i think)

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']A true CAG always tries to lower the asking price :rofl:[/quote]
QFT.

I would imagine that sealed means there's a sticker at each end of the box to keep it closed. If the seal is intact, keep it that way. There is no reason to open it.

[quote name='spooie_redux']I remember a few sealed NES systems going for $300+ on eBay a few year ago. Even more for the Top Loaders.[/quote]

I saw a new, mib original NES with R.O.B. go on ebay for $1500 a couple years ago. And yeah, the average new NES box will easily go for $300.

[quote name='chrisnsally']How on earth is it still new? Did the guy have a shrink wrapper in his home? There's no way...is there?[/quote]

All of the av calbes are sealed.

He says it was never used, looks brand new.

[quote name='Larrabee213']All of the av calbes are sealed.

He says it was never used, looks brand new.[/quote]

uhm, how would you know this if the box is shrinkwrapped?

[quote name='wildnuts02']uhm, how would you know this if the box is shrinkwrapped?[/quote]

The boxes never were. Nintendo didn't shrink wrap them

This is a sketchy area. Condition will tell you everything about wether it's new or not. There was no sealing on NES hardware boxes, IIRC.

Maybe tape on the flaps, or something.

Even tho the boxes were never sealed, you can tell if its new or not. First of all, it will smell new. All plasticy and styrofoamy and good.

All the cables and accesories should be bagged and twistied and perfectly coiled up. The nes console should be in the clear bag with red nintendo lettering on it. The books, manuals should be in a bag selaled with a small piece of tape. No creases on the flaps of the box from repeated openings, etc.

[quote name='slidecage']i love to get one of those NES systems clones but 55 to 60 is way too much to spend 20 bucks isnt bad but if your looking at reselling i wouldnt be shocked to get it sent back.

25 years of sitting in a basement or attic i would worry it got damage due to heat or weather.

we are redoing our bathroom and went into the attic to get the roof out and found old bETA tapes. It look like something ate the boxes (acid or something) boxes were all black and the sides were gone

IF you ever find a top loader cheap BUY IT . if it doesnt work you can always send it to nintendo and they fix it for 20 (i think)[/quote]

Nintendo no longer supports the NES or offers repair services for it.

Just make sure you come back and post pictures etc. Either way its a good deal. Used Nes's go for the $50+ range without boxes near christams EVERY year for the past 3-4 years. The only way i see that changing is the Wii VC cutting into those prices this year.

[quote name='Snake2715']Just make sure you come back and post pictures etc. Either way its a good deal. Used Nes's go for the $50+ range without boxes near christams EVERY year for the past 3-4 years. The only way i see that changing is the Wii VC cutting into those prices this year.[/quote]

you know I will!

bread's done
Back