25% off all items @ shop.gamesboro.net - MY GIFT TO CAG!

anji2128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Dear fellow cheapasses:

My name is Mike. Today I'm here to present to you, the greatest video game shopping experience of your life. I'm the assistant manager of a small video game store called Gamesboro located in Statesboro, GA and we are launching our ENTIRE STORES INVENTORY online! Each of our staff members have chosen an online community to share our new online store with, and I have chosen Cheapassgamer. I've been a member of this community for almost 2 years and you all have helped to keep me informed on the latest deals happening in the video game industry and I'd like to help contribute back. So to you my fellow CAG members, I'm presenting a code that allows you to SAVE 25% ON ALL ITEMS in our online store.

Our online store is completely dynamic and it changes on a second to second basis depending on transactions made in store. This is completely new, and something that we hope you on CAG will appreciate. We're here to share with you the thrill of shopping in a small town video game store online. We carry games for almost every system in existance. We have games for the NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, Sega Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear, NEC Turbografx-16, Sony Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Microsoft Xbox, and Xbox 360. We accept paypal, and offer $5 flat rate shipping on however many items you want to purchase inside of the United States.

We have several rare titles that we're looking forward to you purchasing, here's a few of the highlights: Earthbound, Mega Man 5, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Mega Man Legends 2 and Lunar 2.

Aside from our online store, we have a full fledged community-based website, where you can keep up with latest store news and new products. We also have a forum if you dare to chit the chat with our store's denizens. If you live in the Southeast area and are a competitive gamer, you can checkout our scheduled tournaments and events. Some of the previous tournaments we've held are: Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Super Street Fighter IV, Tekken 5 DR, The Sega Genesis Cup (part of the MegaDrive World Championships [Also, my team has won this event every year]), Shaq Fu, Super Smash Bros Brawl and several other games!

This store is a dream of mine and I hope you appreciate it and enjoy it as much as I do.

Gamesboro's online store is located at: http://shop.gamesboro.net

Thanks for reading all of this and here's what you've been waiting for...the discount code!

CAG 25% Off Code: CAG250614

This code will be active for 5/29/10 - 6/14/10.
Please keep in mind, that this site is still a work in progress, if we have an item listed with no image, we assure you we still have the item for sale, we just haven't uploaded the image yet. Also, just because a game's picture is a black label version of a game doesn't necessarily mean the one we have in stock is, so be sure to ask!
If you have any questions pertaining to the condition of any item for sale, or any question in general, feel free to contact us via the "Contact Us" button on the site.

Thanks for reading and enjoy! Let the games begin!

- Michael Platt (anji2128)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jrhawk42']I know that's not true. Plenty of small online retailers are able to offer free shipping.

I'm just trying to help other online retailers that don't seem to "get it". They wonder why 50% of there sales die at the checkout, and I'm telling them why. Consumers feel cheated when you tack on prices. B&M's pay other costs that don't apply to online retailers, but you don't see a "location fee", "parking fee" or "assistant fee" when you buy stuff from them. Why? cause it's bad business. You include your costs into the price of your item, and ensure at checkout the consumer is only spending a marginal percent extra of the agreed checkout price (often tax).[/QUOTE]

Have you ever sold anything online before? Shipping isn't cheap.. And if your selling a $5 game online, and spend $3 - $5 to ship it, there is not point of even selling. As for the "Thats not true" i don't mean everyone has to pay for shipping, i mean the retailer has to pay for shipping.

I'm not saying places don't offer free shipping, i'm just saying he has every right to charge it. He could offer free shipping, and then add $5 on to every item, and then instead of $5 for 10 things you order, your paying $50 for shipping (but it says "Free")

Great site and thanks for providing us with a nice discount. When I get some time I will be looking to grab some cheap N64/PS1/SNES games (JUNGLEBOOK FTW!).

I wouldn't pay any attention to the people asking for free shipping. They don't understand that you are a business and are trying to make a profit. If you buy a $5 game with free shipping, the business has to spend money on the mailer, postage, and time/gas to mail the item. In the end they nearly use $5 just to ship the item. This isn't a charity people. If you don't like it, don't buy from him.

[quote name='chrollo']actually i meant free shipping with 25 discount[/QUOTE]
Yea, it's really fair to ask them to sell their inventory to you at a discounted price than in store, and then pay to mail it to you as well. :roll:

Thanks for the deals man, I'll check it out

[quote name='poker360']Have you ever sold anything online before? Shipping isn't cheap.. And if your selling a $5 game online, and spend $3 - $5 to ship it, there is not point of even selling. As for the "Thats not true" i don't mean everyone has to pay for shipping, i mean the retailer has to pay for shipping.

I'm not saying places don't offer free shipping, i'm just saying he has every right to charge it. He could offer free shipping, and then add $5 on to every item, and then instead of $5 for 10 things you order, your paying $50 for shipping (but it says "Free")[/QUOTE]

this x 1000

if you notice, most places that do free shipping require a minimum purchase. that works out well so the retailer eating the shipping cost still makes SOME decent profit. like he said, you're paying a bit extra for the convenience. sounds perfectly fair to me. don't like it, then go to a B&M, simple as that.

[quote name='poker360']Have you ever sold anything online before? Shipping isn't cheap.. And if your selling a $5 game online, and spend $3 - $5 to ship it, there is not point of even selling. As for the "Thats not true" i don't mean everyone has to pay for shipping, i mean the retailer has to pay for shipping.

I'm not saying places don't offer free shipping, i'm just saying he has every right to charge it. He could offer free shipping, and then add $5 on to every item, and then instead of $5 for 10 things you order, your paying $50 for shipping (but it says "Free")[/QUOTE]

You speak the truth poker! That is how I run my ebay businesses, I charge $2.00 on top of the real shipping cost, never something extra per item. This is not really fair to the person that buys only one item, but rather the one that buys several items. So we always strongly encourage people to buy many items rather than just the one as the shipping cost is more fair that way. A seller has to judge if they will get more multi-item orders or single orders when picking what pricing method to use. Both are valid and there is never pleasing all the customers, so you try to please the majority of the ones you expect to shop with you.

Really I think this site name should be changed to cheap-ass-complainers... it is 25 % off...he could have just came on and said here is my site come check me out. Instead he posted a code for 25% off.

Now he is getting advertising, but can't anyone be happy about the offer instead of looking for a reason to complain.

It has been stated multiple times that if you have any questions just send him a message. How hard is that? Just a little note saying do you have the case/manual for...

Yes $5 is "higher" on one item...because gamestop (and most others) will charge you $2.99 for 5-10 business shipping... I mean can you imagine how far that extra $2.01 can stretch?..... (

[quote name='valiki']

So just enjoy and say thank you mister like we all did before we got older and more cynical

"Thank You Mr"[/QUOTE]

Mister? I'm not that old lol.

Everybody who wants cheaper/free shipping should just spontaneously combust. Jesus Christ. That pricing is more than fair for shipping. It's better than my model, too.

[quote name='anji2128']Mister? I'm not that old lol.[/QUOTE]

yeah thanks...my kids remind me everyday that I am old (i.e. did you see the "new" New SuperMario Bros game for the Wii Dad?)

This is a great incentive to purchase from this site and the owner is more than responsive to e-mails and messages (and yes found out the games I was ordering had the cases and manuals) and yes I spent enough so that the discount = free shipping.

Think about it this way, for a lot of kids nowadays classic games are "new". That's always exciting to watch.
Glad to hear you had a pleasant experience.

[quote name='heratio']For me personally, it would help me decide to purchase something if I knew which specific games have the original case and instruction manuals (for the newer systems).[/QUOTE]

I agree. It needs to be stated on the product listing/page.

Be happy you are getting something and stop complaining. The site has great prices and to add a flat rate shipping and a discount on top, is a great opportunity for us. If you don't like it then don't post.

I like the fact you are carrying Gameboy Original & Color titles. Most stores have abandoned those. I have you bookmarked, I'm going to check your site out further in the next few days and see if theres a few I can use to fill in the holes in my collection.

Do you have any employees with accounts on GameTZ.com? If not I'll plug you in the "Hot Deals" forum. I'm a regular over there.

[quote name='ryanflucas']I like the fact you are carrying Gameboy Original & Color titles. Most stores have abandoned those. I have you bookmarked, I'm going to check your site out further in the next few days and see if theres a few I can use to fill in the holes in my collection.

Do you have any employees with accounts on GameTZ.com? If not I'll plug you in the "Hot Deals" forum. I'm a regular over there.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe so. I've never heard of them before actually. You're more than welcome to plug us over there! I appreciate it!

I live about 35 mins. from the store and was wondering about how much credit you give for trade-ins. I have some TurboDuo and Sega CD/Saturn games I'm about to get rid of.

We generally don't give quotes over the phone, etc. due to possible differences in opinions as far as what's
"good condition" and stuff like that, but feel free to shoot me a PM and I can hit you with a rough guesstimate.

There are some sweet deals here. The only problem i have with it is the same one most people have. I do not know the condition they are in or what they come in. I will never take a chance buying a game now without getting the art and case. I store mine in shelves and like how nice they look without plain unmarked cases.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']There are some sweet deals here. The only problem i have with it is the same one most people have. I do not know the condition they are in or what they come in. I will never take a chance buying a game now without getting the art and case. I store mine in shelves and like how nice they look without plain unmarked cases.[/QUOTE]

Feel free to PM me what games you're interested in. I'll be glad to tell you what condition they're in.

Wow way to miss my point completely. Let's say you go to a barber, and he says $10 for a full hair cut. Then he charges you $15, and says it's for $5 misc fees (electricity, shaving cream, ect) you'd probably feel ripped off. He still has to pay those fees, but the barber includes that in the agreed upon price. That's not how it is w/ online retailers charging shipping, and then the wonder why people don't complete their orders at checkout. We agree on a price, and when I checkout I want that price. If it's not close to the price I'm going somewhere else. I've seen plenty of time on GoGamer.com where I would of bought the item had it been $5, but since I saw it for $2, and that's the price I felt we agreed upon.

I'm curious if any of your FF games or Chrono Cross on PSX are black labels and complete.

Also, do you have anymore PS1 games in stock ? Maybe more rare games? Like Chocobo Racing/Dungeon or X-Men Vs. Street Fighter.

[quote name='SativaSam']I'm curious if any of your FF games or Chrono Cross on PSX are black labels and complete.

Also, do you have anymore PS1 games in stock ? Maybe more rare games? Like Chocobo Racing/Dungeon or X-Men Vs. Street Fighter.[/QUOTE]

We've had Chocobo Racing and X-Men vs. Street Fighter before, but we're out of stock of both.

None of the FF games are both Black Label and complete. They're all one or the other. Sorry. if we get a complete black label of any of them in, I'll be sure to PM you right away.

[quote name='jrhawk42']Wow way to miss my point completely. Let's say you go to a barber, and he says $10 for a full hair cut. Then he charges you $15, and says it's for $5 misc fees (electricity, shaving cream, ect) you'd probably feel ripped off. He still has to pay those fees, but the barber includes that in the agreed upon price. That's not how it is w/ online retailers charging shipping, and then the wonder why people don't complete their orders at checkout. We agree on a price, and when I checkout I want that price. If it's not close to the price I'm going somewhere else. I've seen plenty of time on GoGamer.com where I would of bought the item had it been $5, but since I saw it for $2, and that's the price I felt we agreed upon.[/QUOTE]

You do know it costs money to actually ship you stuff right? The $5 is high for a single game but it rocks for multi game order. There are not many places that will charge a flat fee of $5 to ship how many games you order. The 25% off is a big bonus to some really cheap prices i seen.

[quote name='anji2128']We've had Chocobo Racing and X-Men vs. Street Fighter before, but we're out of stock of both.

None of the FF games are both Black Label and complete. They're all one or the other. Sorry. if we get a complete black label of any of them in, I'll be sure to PM you right away.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for such a quick response. Sorry to bother you about games but I have one more question...

Do you have any retro gaming memorabilia? Such as posters, standees anything for SNES, PSX, or N64 eras? I am a collector of these which is why I ask.

Also, what all comes w/ Diddy Kong Racing? (complete, just cart etc)

[quote name='anji2128']Feel free to PM me what games you're interested in. I'll be glad to tell you what condition they're in.[/QUOTE]

That sounds good let me get a list together and most likely pm you tomorrow. I want to get some xbox originals that work on the 360 as well. I just have to go through the list what works and what i liked enough to buy again.

I really wished MS kept there word and kept adding support for xbox originals there are so many great games that do not work on it. They should just let us try them and if they lockup down the road in the game then oh well. I know they would not like to do this but do a disc update and make the person sign a waiver saying they are not liable for any problems. They could charge $10-20 to. I know it will never happen but man i do miss some sweet xbox original games. I would buy another xbox but i hate clutter and the 360 stuff is bad enough. :)

[quote name='jrhawk42']Wow way to miss my point completely. Let's say you go to a barber, and he says $10 for a full hair cut. Then he charges you $15, and says it's for $5 misc fees (electricity, shaving cream, ect) you'd probably feel ripped off. He still has to pay those fees, but the barber includes that in the agreed upon price. That's not how it is w/ online retailers charging shipping, and then the wonder why people don't complete their orders at checkout. We agree on a price, and when I checkout I want that price. If it's not close to the price I'm going somewhere else. I've seen plenty of time on GoGamer.com where I would of bought the item had it been $5, but since I saw it for $2, and that's the price I felt we agreed upon.[/QUOTE]

:roll:
Oy...so at what point do you include tax into your equation? Based off your theory, we shouldn't have to pay tax. I go to the store to buy a $9.99 inflatable penguin, but when I got to checkout my total has jumped up to $12! Do I feel ripped off, no. It's common sense. Think about the seller. You agree to buy the game for $5, yes, but the game has to get to you somehow. If you are not going to pick it up yourself then a shipping fee will apply.

I tell you what, why don't you set up a business with identical prices to what the OP is offering, but include a 25% coupon and free shipping?

OP, I'll be putting in an order shortly. I only want to get 5 games, but I have 8 to choose from.

[quote name='SativaSam']Thanks for such a quick response. Sorry to bother you about games but I have one more question...

Do you have any retro gaming memorabilia? Such as posters, standees anything for SNES, PSX, or N64 eras? I am a collector of these which is why I ask.

Also, what all comes w/ Diddy Kong Racing? (complete, just cart etc)[/QUOTE]

No problem! Unfortunately we don't really have any memorabilia for sale, most of the older posters and stuff we find just get placed in the store for decoration.

Diddy Kong Racing is cartridge only.

[quote name='anji2128']No problem! Unfortunately we don't really have any memorabilia for sale, most of the older posters and stuff we find just get placed in the store for decoration.

Diddy Kong Racing is cartridge only.[/QUOTE]
Alright that's fine. I'll prolly order alot of games tonight between me and my brother.

Did you happen to know what condition/version Chrono Cross is?

Greedy bastard. If 25% off isn't good enough for you then sell more of your food stamps to cover the shipping.

Thanks for the offer OP!

[quote name='SativaSam']Alright that's fine. I'll prolly order alot of games tonight between me and my brother.

Did you happen to know what condition/version Chrono Cross is?[/QUOTE]

Chrono Cross is greatest hits and complete. The discs look mint. We also have sealed greatest hits copies, but they're not posted online atm. They're $25. I can talk to the boss man if you'd prefer the sealed ones and I can get them listed online so you can order it.

The first batch of orders from this past weekend have all been shipped out! Be sure to check your inbox's for your delivery confirmation numbers!

It'd be nice if the site had the info filled in correctly. If you click on the "shipping and returns" link, you get a page that says:
Put here your Shipping & Returns information.
And that's it.

If you want to have an online presence, at least let your customer know what they're getting into.

You guys will complain about anything. $5 flat fee is very reasonable, especially with the 25% discount. If you just want one game and think that the shipping kills it then go somewhere else. Order 5 $10 games and you'll be paying $42.50.

[quote name='giromon']C'mon everyone, slight grammatical errors shouldn't keep you from enjoying great prices on great games.[/QUOTE]
"Slight grammatical errors"? I wasn't commenting on the wording, just the fact that entire portions of the website aren't even there.

You want people to order, but you can't be bothered to post your shipping and return policy online? :roll: :applause:

[quote name='donut']Mike -
Any 1st party original XBox controllers?
Thank you[/QUOTE]

We do, but they aren't available on the site at the moment. All we have are used ones. We're looking into it labelling them online at the moment.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']"Slight grammatical errors"? I wasn't commenting on the wording, just the fact that entire portions of the website aren't even there.

You want people to order, but you can't be bothered to post your shipping and return policy online? :roll: :applause:[/QUOTE]

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This problem is being fixed IMMEDIATELY.

i thought the portable sega genesis was awesome, but i think i would use it once or twice and it would just sit there, so i decided against it.

great site, good deals. thanks!

not bad, grabbed God of War 3 for $35 and a couple of other $5 titles. Combined with the 25% off, 4 games for a little over $40 isn't bad.

[quote name='anji2128']We do, but they aren't available on the site at the moment. All we have are used ones. We're looking into it labelling them online at the moment.
[/QUOTE]

Used is fine as long as they have been tested. (do not want to deal with a return....)

[quote name='donut']Used is fine as long as they have been tested. (do not want to deal with a return....)[/QUOTE]

I understand. We'll put one up for you tomorrow. We have one in stock, but we're gonna test it before hand. It'll be $10 though.

Just got new items in. Halo Wars CE, Forza 3, Borderlands. All at prices lower than gamestop BEFORE the amazing 25% off code.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you site is awesome and I really think its awesome to have a small business like you have.

But my question is $40 for Conkers Bad Fur Day? What am I missing?

bread's done
Back