25% off all items @ shop.gamesboro.net - MY GIFT TO CAG!

anji2128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Dear fellow cheapasses:

My name is Mike. Today I'm here to present to you, the greatest video game shopping experience of your life. I'm the assistant manager of a small video game store called Gamesboro located in Statesboro, GA and we are launching our ENTIRE STORES INVENTORY online! Each of our staff members have chosen an online community to share our new online store with, and I have chosen Cheapassgamer. I've been a member of this community for almost 2 years and you all have helped to keep me informed on the latest deals happening in the video game industry and I'd like to help contribute back. So to you my fellow CAG members, I'm presenting a code that allows you to SAVE 25% ON ALL ITEMS in our online store.

Our online store is completely dynamic and it changes on a second to second basis depending on transactions made in store. This is completely new, and something that we hope you on CAG will appreciate. We're here to share with you the thrill of shopping in a small town video game store online. We carry games for almost every system in existance. We have games for the NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, Sega Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear, NEC Turbografx-16, Sony Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Microsoft Xbox, and Xbox 360. We accept paypal, and offer $5 flat rate shipping on however many items you want to purchase inside of the United States.

We have several rare titles that we're looking forward to you purchasing, here's a few of the highlights: Earthbound, Mega Man 5, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Mega Man Legends 2 and Lunar 2.

Aside from our online store, we have a full fledged community-based website, where you can keep up with latest store news and new products. We also have a forum if you dare to chit the chat with our store's denizens. If you live in the Southeast area and are a competitive gamer, you can checkout our scheduled tournaments and events. Some of the previous tournaments we've held are: Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Super Street Fighter IV, Tekken 5 DR, The Sega Genesis Cup (part of the MegaDrive World Championships [Also, my team has won this event every year]), Shaq Fu, Super Smash Bros Brawl and several other games!

This store is a dream of mine and I hope you appreciate it and enjoy it as much as I do.

Gamesboro's online store is located at: http://shop.gamesboro.net

Thanks for reading all of this and here's what you've been waiting for...the discount code!

CAG 25% Off Code: CAG250614

This code will be active for 5/29/10 - 6/14/10.
Please keep in mind, that this site is still a work in progress, if we have an item listed with no image, we assure you we still have the item for sale, we just haven't uploaded the image yet. Also, just because a game's picture is a black label version of a game doesn't necessarily mean the one we have in stock is, so be sure to ask!
If you have any questions pertaining to the condition of any item for sale, or any question in general, feel free to contact us via the "Contact Us" button on the site.

Thanks for reading and enjoy! Let the games begin!

- Michael Platt (anji2128)

Last edited by a moderator:
You have a lot of the B-List games I've been meaning to pick up for $5 each.
Definitely gonna comb the site after I get paid.

[quote name='UberSwiss']:roll:
Oy...so at what point do you include tax into your equation? Based off your theory, we shouldn't have to pay tax. I go to the store to buy a $9.99 inflatable penguin, but when I got to checkout my total has jumped up to $12! Do I feel ripped off, no. It's common sense. Think about the seller. You agree to buy the game for $5, yes, but the game has to get to you somehow. If you are not going to pick it up yourself then a shipping fee will apply.

I tell you what, why don't you set up a business with identical prices to what the OP is offering, but include a 25% coupon and free shipping?

OP, I'll be putting in an order shortly. I only want to get 5 games, but I have 8 to choose from.[/QUOTE]

where do you live that you pay 17% sales tax? no wonder you don't care about shipping costs.

Also I don't understand why people are still thinking I'm saying the seller should take a dive on the shipping. I'm saying it should be added into the price of the item in the first place.

[quote name='SeanTM22']I think you site is awesome and I really think its awesome to have a small business like you have.

But my question is $40 for Conkers Bad Fur Day? What am I missing?[/QUOTE]

Those are pretty rare now (no pun) and that's about the normal price for that game. I think I sold mine years ago :

[quote name='jrhawk42']where do you live that you pay 17% sales tax? no wonder you don't care about shipping costs.

Also I don't understand why people are still thinking I'm saying the seller should take a dive on the shipping. I'm saying it should be added into the price of the item in the first place.[/QUOTE]

How would that work if there is a flat shipping rate? I suppose you could write up some code that prices the first item in your cart to include shipping, but that seems like a waste of time for the seller. For most people, shipping is an implied cost of making purchases online. Sites like Amazon and GameStop do not add the shipping until the checkout screen so I do not see the issue with this seller following a common practice.

Edit: Finally remembered to put in my order. I can't believe Gauntlet Legends was such a good price.

You have a great selection, reasonable prices, and the $5 flat shipping fee is great!
Don't listen to the whiners in this thread. :lol:

One suggestion I have is to mention if the games include a box/manual after each game's title in the search listings.

For example:

Earthbound (cart only)
Earthbound (w/manual)
Super Mario World (w/manual)
Uniracers (w/box)
Uniracers (CIB)

You would need multiple listings for each game if you had more than one copy and some were missing boxes and/or instructions, but I think it could get you a lot more business from collectors! (like me :) )

[quote name='SeanTM22']I think you site is awesome and I really think its awesome to have a small business like you have.

But my question is $40 for Conkers Bad Fur Day? What am I missing?[/QUOTE]

That's honestly about the online rate for it. It's a semi-rare title that apparently is pretty popular. I'm not much of a fan for it myself, but I know plenty of people who are.

I never got a reply from the email I sent to the site so I was hoping it could be answered here. Do FF: Crisis Core and Vahalla Knights for the PSP have the original game cover and instruction booklets? Also for the original Xbox do Crimson Skies and Sid Meier's Pirates have the original instructions and case?

PS I think it would be a good idea to put down which original Xbox games are compatible with the 360. It would be helpful to non-CAG types and it would save CAG types from constantly having to go to Microsoft's site to look at the list.

[quote name='Gameboy415']You have a great selection, reasonable prices, and the $5 flat shipping fee is great!
Don't listen to the whiners in this thread. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Flat shipping is great ... if you're buying multiple items and not everyone is; hence the 'whiners'. Seriously, it's a valid complaint - not EVERYONE wants more than one game. I know I don't.

Personally I would much rather prefer more options, like say, a $4 standard shipping option, and the option to get a case-less game in a cardboard sleeve (which, yes, would make the shipping like 2-3 :lol:). Call me picky, call me Ishmael - point is, it'd be good to have the options.

[quote name='heratio']I never got a reply from the email I sent to the site so I was hoping it could be answered here. Do FF: Crisis Core and Vahalla Knights for the PSP have the original game cover and instruction booklets? Also for the original Xbox do Crimson Skies and Sid Meier's Pirates have the original instructions and case?

PS I think it would be a good idea to put down which original Xbox games are compatible with the 360. It would be helpful to non-CAG types and it would save CAG types from constantly having to go to Microsoft's site to look at the list.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I could have swore I sent you a message back. Maybe it was someone else inquiring about Crisis Core. Both it and Vahalla Knights are disc only.Crimson Skies and Sid Meier's Pirates are complete.
Putting next to an xbox title wouldn't be that hard to do. We'll work on that.

[quote name='catabarez']You wouldn't happen to have a 32x lying around that store of yours would you? :)[/QUOTE]

We do actually! I'm not 100% sure on how much it's going for at the moment. The last one we had sold for $50 and had both the model 1 & 2 wrap around cords.

[quote name='yarkitty123']Flat shipping is great ... if you're buying multiple items and not everyone is; hence the 'whiners'. Seriously, it's a valid complaint - not EVERYONE wants more than one game. I know I don't.

Personally I would much rather prefer more options, like say, a $4 standard shipping option, and the option to get a case-less game in a cardboard sleeve (which, yes, would make the shipping like 2-3 :lol:). Call me picky, call me Ishmael - point is, it'd be good to have the options.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather just call you a twat and get it over with, to be honest with you.

[quote name='anji2128']We do actually! I'm not 100% sure on how much it's going for at the moment. The last one we had sold for $50 and had both the model 1 & 2 wrap around cords.[/QUOTE]

Well if you guys ever set a price pleeeease let me know.

[quote name='DeathBringer']Shipping sucks I can get 25% off and free shipping at gamestop.com[/QUOTE]
ha yeah the reason GS does this is so they can further fuck their employees and make thier physical stores more misleading to people who dont spend all day researching vg prices and morals.

edit: also, the whole not knowing if a game comes with a box, manual, ect is a pretty big factor. I was gonna buy 3 items, but i dont feel like getting my games in a square jewel case and/or having to PM you and wait for a response, as that is/can be time consuming for me and you.

and knowing if its greatest hits is a plus too.

I understand that playing the waiting game on an item for a response sucks, but sometimes it even happens on ebay or CAG trade lists for that matter as well.

The greatest hits issue will be resolved once we have the info posted for "cart only", "complete", etc. This change might be happening rather quickly, we're looking into it right now and about to start working on it.

We also have a few new titles in today: Prototype (PS3), Madden 10 (PS2) and NBA 2K10 (PS2). These aren't that expensive or anything, but they're there lol.

Sorry in advance for double posting. I personally just traded in a ton of NES games to the store, so be sure to check out that section!

ALSO, anyone who was experiencing problems with paypal: The problem has been resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Nice site, and fair pricing. I won't be ordering anything (not looking to buy any games), though I wish the best to you guys. :)

Maybe when christmas rolls around...

bread's done
Back