25% off ANY Nintendo 3DS software @ Kmart *Valid 10/13 - 10/19 in-store only* Smartphone required

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Coupon works on Pokemon X and Y. :whee:

Steps to get coupon:

• Text GAME to 73277
  • Reply GAME1
  • Visit the link provided in the message
  • Claim offer and show the serial barcode to cashier
Disclaimer:
Cannot combine with any other coupon for the same item(s) and cannot double. Limit (1) Kmart coupon per transaction. Not valid on BOGO; prior and online purchases; partial-paid special order items; Lands’ End; Scrubology; Sears merchandise; if copied, transferred or obtained through unapproved channels and where prohibited. Coupon value pro-rated across all qualifying items; including qualifying items purchased in addition to the minimum requirements or limits and will be deducted from any refund. Cash value 1/20¢.

One last thing, get there early tomorrow before the Pokemon games sell out. ;)

Update:

WQTfjQR.png

^If you are experiencing trouble with this offer, show them this week's AD.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I couldn't even get to the coupon not scanning at my Kmart. When the cashier saw the coupon she immediately called over a customer service manager who told me right up front that Kmart does not issue Mobile Coupons and that I was trying to commit some kind of fraud. I tried to show her the instructions on the mobile message and the information found on the weekly ad and she wouldn't even look at. She just kept on yelling no matter what I said that I was wrong and was trying to pull something over on them.

At the end she banged on the keyboard for a minute to cancel out the transaction and then told the cashier not to check out any of my items and then turned her back on me and left. :bomb: :hot: :bomb: :hot:
Go to the school section.

Find glitter.

Do what must be done.

This coupon doesn't work automatically.  It took awhile for the Kmart employees, 2 of them working together and then consulting the store manager, for me to get the 25% off a 3DS game, which was Pokemon Y.  They both tried scanning the game and manually entering the coupon code from my smartphone, but the register wouldn't discount game 25%.  Luckily for me, the store manager allowed them to manually discount the game 25%.  So, very YMMV even though this is suppose to be valid.  What a huge hassle to save $10.  If I didn't have some free SYWR points expiring this Wednesday, I probably would have just left without buying the game.

I had the same issue as everyone else. The message about reward condition not met poppes up. However, the cashier seemed fairly knowledgeable about their system (more so than most cashiers I tend to come across at any store) and explained it to several people above him. The authenticity of the coupon was never questioned, only why it wasn't working. They determined that it was because it was on sale for $35.99 (this was Sunday and apparently everything in electronics was on sale) and it wouldn't combine with the sale price. They did an override on the sale price and it worked. Ended up getting it for approx $26 after tax (coupon + the $6 from SYWR they randomly gave me last week). Soon I will play my first Pokemon game :p

Did you guys show the coupon on your phones or did you print it out?
I used my phone and it was never questioned for being fake. Probably helps that the barcode actually scans. Its just applying the coupon that tends to cause an issue.

I went to one Kmart and it was a no go. I drove five minutes over to the next one. Some nice old lady saw that I went through all of the trouble to get the coupon (showed her the ad and the directions) so she did an override. I got Pokemon X by the way. 

EDIT: I used my phone too and the barcode wouldn't scan. 

I went to one Kmart and it was a no go. I drove five minutes over to the next one. Some nice old lady saw that I went through all of the trouble to get the coupon (showed her the ad and the directions) so she did an override. I got Pokemon X by the way.

EDIT: I used my phone too and the barcode wouldn't scan.
Glad it worked out for you in the end! I went with X also but only because my super patient gf voted for it based off her favorite colors :p

I currently work at Kmart as a front end supervisor, and somebody used this coupon and it did not work. I'd recommend that you mention that this deal will vary by store in the thread name, because not everybody would override it like I did. Naturally, since I'm a cheap ass gamer myself, I went ahead and did it for the guy here in upstate NY. Also, to those asking if it'll work for multiple games, I don't think you'll have much luck with that. It's one thing to get a supervisor or manager to override one thing. It's another to try to get them to do a whole stack of them.
Hey that other guy seems like he's never worked retail before so I wanted to at least say thanks for hooking a guy up.

Over at the Kmart I went to, the codes didn't work, so I pointed out to the person working the register that the code was featured in their ad. She called over the floor manager. He looked it over and allowed the 25% manager override. After I told my little cousin, she asked me to pick up one for her too and sent me her generated code from her iphone. The guy recognized me from the morning and laughed at me for making two trips.

I'm writing their managements nice letters of recognition about the guys who helped me because it could have gone with me just being empty handed, but they totally worked with me. I wasn't trying to rob the place blind of their stock, just another guy taking advantage of a sale. It pays to be nice to people man.

I had a hard time on Sunday evening as well.  Like everyone else, coupon didn't work (I printed it out specifically so everything was large to read), cashier and manager had to read the fine print over, etc.  In the end, good timing, got the discount, used up some credit available and also used my SYWR up.

I had the same issue as everyone else. The message about reward condition not met poppes up. However, the cashier seemed fairly knowledgeable about their system (more so than most cashiers I tend to come across at any store) and explained it to several people above him. The authenticity of the coupon was never questioned, only why it wasn't working. They determined that it was because it was on sale for $35.99 (this was Sunday and apparently everything in electronics was on sale) and it wouldn't combine with the sale price. They did an override on the sale price and it worked. Ended up getting it for approx $26 after tax (coupon + the $6 from SYWR they randomly gave me last week). Soon I will play my first Pokemon game :p
Where did you the get $6 SYWR? I can't find it in my emails

I eventually went to another store and had no issues at all. I did call corporate though. I received a call from the store manager (whom by the way the CS Manager said was not in today) and was offered 25% off anything in the store to make up for not being able to use the coupon on the game.
Buy a $500 gift card.

Going out of town this weekend.  Probably going to grab Pokemon X.

Have never played a Pokemon game before but this one seems to be the best one yet....

Going out of town this weekend. Probably going to grab Pokemon X.

Have never played a Pokemon game before but this one seems to be the best one yet....
I've only briefly played Pokemon in the past (including about I don't know maybe 2 hours of Black) and this one is really fun. Best of all things get going really quickly in this game so in no time you're already banking Pokemon on the PC and evolving them.

I just returned from getting my game at Kmart with the coupon. Finding the game wasn't difficult since there were 7 copies each of X and Y for which I chose one of the Y. Getting the coupon to scan was not a problem since I printed the page using a high quality laser printer at school since most smart phones nowadays with their high resolution screens interpolate the image even at the smallest size. The main inconvenience was the ubiquitous " Reward not Met" that appeared after each scan. After attempting four times the lady at the register went to the back presumably to ask a manager how to manually apply the discount then returned after 5 minutes or so. I knew from other posts it would take a little longer but the process was handled well.

I only have one Kmart within 30 minutes of driving.  I went out there today and they wouldn't accept the coupon.  I ended up calling customer service and they are sending me a $25 gift card, which is a better deal in the long run.  Throwing this out there for all the people that did not get it to work at the store like me.

They probably still make a small profit after 25% off, just sayin'
Not on a PS4 or XBone they dont ;) Glad the higher up manager took care of this guy. The initial manager he dealt with was horrible on many levels. Luckily I have no prob at my Kmarts. The coupons I get emailed to me from Shop Your Way Rewards almost never work but I always get the overrides no questions asked so it's all good.

Hey guys, was just curious what any of you thought of Scribblenauts Unmasked (the new one with characters from DC)? I already bought both Pokemon games but haven't opened one yet so I'm either gonna return the unopened one (still have receipt) and get it again with this or get that Scribblenauts game. I've never played Scribblenauts before but have seen plenty of videos of gameplay and have always wanted to and with this new one having DC in it thought it might be a good purchase. Just need some input...

I currently work at Kmart as a front end supervisor, and somebody used this coupon and it did not work. I'd recommend that you mention that this deal will vary by store in the thread name, because not everybody would override it like I did. Naturally, since I'm a cheap ass gamer myself, I went ahead and did it for the guy here in upstate NY. Also, to those asking if it'll work for multiple games, I don't think you'll have much luck with that. It's one thing to get a supervisor or manager to override one thing. It's another to try to get them to do a whole stack of them.
Your input is appreciated but please elaborate why this is YMMV. It is in the weekly ad. I showed the ad. I showed my smartphone and the texting that was done as instructed. I showed the link provided and the Pokemon video there. I clicked the claim offer button underneath the video and am brought to the promised deals(there are a bunch in addition to the 25% 3DS games). The manager read all the fine print and there was absolutely no reason not to override, if indeed, the store really honors their own promotions(and it is crystal clear these mobile coupons all came from Kmart). If you were the customer and did all the ad and texting you would have received the same thing and would expect the same result:25% of any 3DS software in a single transaction.

Also I had no problem getting her to override both an x and y copies for me. It doesn't limit one item, just one transaction. "Software" can be plural.

Anyway, glad you are here to offer your insight into Kmart though

Shouldn't be ymmv since it's a promo k-mart is offering . If a mgr will not override this they may as we'll not honor there weekly ads ......

I don't think he's calling the deal ymmv, I just think he's saying that, since the system isn't working right and some managers are rejecting the coupons, to make mention of it so people know what to expect. 

My Kmart sucks and unsurprisingly didn't have Pokemon X so I got a copy shipped to me and did a return/rebuy. Manager there was great and did the transaction no questions asked. She had some trouble but when I asked if something was wrong she was just like "yeah but don't worry, I'll take care of it." Only issue is the order said free shipping but the receipt had a very sneaky $1 shipping charge. The bottom of the receipt said "Returns: customer won't be refunded for shipping charges." I wasn't going to argue since I got the game so cheap, but it'd be something to look for in the future.

Your input is appreciated but please elaborate why this is YMMV. It is in the weekly ad. I showed the ad. I showed my smartphone and the texting that was done as instructed. I showed the link provided and the Pokemon video there. I clicked the claim offer button underneath the video and am brought to the promised deals(there are a bunch in addition to the 25% 3DS games). The manager read all the fine print and there was absolutely no reason not to override, if indeed, the store really honors their own promotions(and it is crystal clear these mobile coupons all came from Kmart). If you were the customer and did all the ad and texting you would have received the same thing and would expect the same result:25% of any 3DS software in a single transaction.

Also I had no problem getting her to override both an x and y copies for me. It doesn't limit one item, just one transaction. "Software" can be plural.

Anyway, glad you are here to offer your insight into Kmart though
Thanks for the welcome. I totally agree, it's stupid that it doesn't work flawlessly, but I think any time an override is required, it's going to mean you have to convince a manager or supervisor to do it. I just think that people should realize they're going to have some convincing to do when they go to use it. I know at my store there's one assistant manager who would have not allowed it, because she's a stickler and doesn't give the customer a chance to make their case for why the override should be used. I know the register shows that the coupon isn't valid, and that it's been used too many times. I feel like because of this, some managers won't honor it. Plus, there are people in this thread that didn't have success with it because of these reasons.

I'm not saying Kmart is right, but was just giving a heads up to others.

Coupon didn't seem to work but the cashier didn't care and manually did it. She didn't even tell me I could just tell by her face

Got it for $27 woo

PS: It was the coupon printed on a paper, not on a smartphone.

I can't even get the offer to come up on my iPhone. When the web page comes up, the video doesn't load and the claim offer button doesn't work.

Had to have the manager come do a override in my case also. He even asked me if I used it already. I told him no. I was about to say why would I buy the same game twice but didn't say anything else.

Had to have the manager come do a override in my case also. He even asked me if I used it already. I told him no. I was about to say why would I buy the same game twice but didn't say anything else.
it's 25% off any 3ds game.. so you could buy any 3ds game

Pokemon X was the only game I was planning to get. So in my case what I said would have been true.

Not sure if it has been said already but on my coupon it says it expires tomorrow.

amazing. My coupon says expires 10/18 they told me at the store that means it is only good tomorrow. Ok didn't make sense but whatever if you wont override it then I hate this disgusting store anyway. I try via chat to order it and have it delivered since I was upset. The online rep tells me the coupon has expired.

This company can it just go out of business already I mean Walmart is not my favorite store by any means but Kmart is just subterranean compared to them.

Thank you to the poster who told the guy who said he worked a kmart and overrided it for cags "thanks for doing your job?" It provided me a moment of happiness out of this disaster. I will pay ten dollars and buy it at bum bum bum :whee: Gamestop at least its closer and they seem less terrible somehow right now.

I also had a semi bad experience at Kmart. First they told me that I couldn't use the coupon because I needed to print it out. After arguing with them about it they finally said they'd use it. They tried to scan it but it wouldn't scan. I told them people have been having trouble getting them to scan, that they usually have to be overwritten by a manager. They both looked at me like I was the biggest liar on Earth, then they told me that they think it expired today. Then after showing them the expiration date they told me that I can only use it tomorrow -_- I finally asked for the manager, she came out and I explained it to her and she did an overwrite and took $10 off. Then I told her I wanted to use my $10 in SYWR points that I had. It took her like 5 minutes to figure out how to redeem them. Finally, I was out the door with a $20 Pokemon X. 

amazing. My coupon says expires 10/18 they told me at the store that means it is only good tomorrow. Ok didn't make sense but whatever if you wont override it then I hate this disgusting store anyway. I try via chat to order it and have it delivered since I was upset. The online rep tells me the coupon has expired.

This company can it just go out of business already I mean Walmart is not my favorite store by any means but Kmart is just subterranean compared to them.

Thank you to the poster who told the guy who said he worked a kmart and overrided it for cags "thanks for doing your job?" It provided me a moment of happiness out of this disaster. I will pay ten dollars and buy it at bum bum bum :whee: Gamestop at least its closer and they seem less terrible somehow right now.
lmao

I went there a couple days ago and they gave me the run around as well. They told me that the coupon is only good for that day only, I advised them that if that is true then there should be something written saying to use it the same day. They proceeded to scan Pokemon X and it didn't work, they told me it was already used.After some back and forth I told them to get any other 3ds game(not Pokemon) and see what happens, of course they scanned wreck it ralph or something it was $19.99 and voila discount was taken. I then tell them "I thought it was expired" their facial expression was priceless. They then took the 25% off pokemon X.

Finally got the coupon code to work.  Wouldn't scan on my phone but they manually entered it, canceled the transaction, entered it again, and manually took the 25% off.  On an unrelated note bought "melting beads" at Michaels with their mobile coupon and it scanned with no problem.  K-mart needs to update the aging infrastructure.

Coupon didn't work at the Kmart near me. It rang up as "reward not allowed" and after asking a manager they said the coupon does not work :\

Does Best Buy match coupons or is that YMMV?

I've already got Pokemon X, so if I get a non-Pokemon game with this, I shouldn't have a problem with it scanning, right? It seems that it's only the pokemon games that are having issues, unless there are new problems with the coupon.

Yeah, others have said it rings up fine with anything other than pokemon X or Y.
I've heard that, but I just got back and it did not ring up with Donkey Kong. Although, the coupon I have says that its only valid for one day and that it expires on 10/20, not 10/19 as I have seen other people's coupons are. The cashier said that that probably meant that it was only good for tomorrow. I argued that I got the coupon by following this week's ad and it wouldn't make sense for it not to be valid this week. He agreed and took it off manually.

I got it to work Saturday . The only issue I had was waiting in line at customer service to get a sales ad and waiting in line at electronics.
The guy working in electronics was actually really nice and helpful.

I used this last night for Pokemon X.  I had to talk three different people, and they phoned their manager, but they made it work. Everyone was really nice. Thanks to the OP! Oh, and I had printed out a coupon beforehand too, which took me forever, because I kept on typing the link wrong into my browser  (an I looked like a l to me).

I just reloaded the coupon and it's changed again. It still says "valise for one day" but now the expiration says 10/21. It seems the expiration date is rolling based on when you load the coupon.

Just wanted to say thanks, CAG. I got to take advantage of this deal + $8 SYWR dollars. And it printed out a $10 SYWR when buying $50 worth, so continued awesome. Thanks!

bread's done
Back