25% Off Used Games $19.99+ at GameStop.com

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]16221[/IMG-R]Use coupon code 25USED to get 25% off in-stock used games at GameStop.com. Combine with coupon code SAVER for free shipping and your Edge card for an additional discount. Your order must be $19.99 or more. Ends 7/31/2010.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop.com

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='destro4eva']Would of totally used this on Transformers W4C but none in stock.

Thanks Cheapy.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I could use one of the 20off80 code but I dont want anything else. Getting Transformers for for about 33$ used would be awesome. Definitely want to check the game out.

[quote name='DarkSageRK'](40*.9*.75-10)*tax rate
(Used price + Edge + 25OFF + $10 coupon code)[/QUOTE]

WHAA, how'd you get the $10 code to work with it???

[quote name='Sharkey1337']WHAA, how'd you get the $10 code to work with it???[/QUOTE]

It has to be one of the codes you receive directly from Gamestop CS. The ones I got from UFC and pre-order bonuses don't stack.

Also, add in SAVER for free shipping on orders $25+ before codes, but that should be known by most everyone here.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']It has to be one of the codes you receive directly from Gamestop CS. The ones I got from UFC and pre-order bonuses don't stack.

Also, add in SAVER for free shipping on orders $25+ before codes, but that should be known by most everyone here.[/QUOTE]

Damn, only got the ones from game purchases.

I picked up KZ2 for the hell of it for about 20 bucks since I had some credit left over.

Though the site was screwing up every time I would try to order, I hit submit but then I got the "GAME OVER" screen and thought I had to do everything over until the confirmation e-mail arrived in my inbox.

Had to bite on Redemption for this. With edge card and SAVER, came to $36.10 after tax. I just couldn't resist it for that price. Thanks for the heads up. :)

jello44, I was encountering the same thing every time I tried to order. Double-check your order status page, as it had been placed twice on my account (so I had to go in and cancel one.) Just a heads-up of what happened to me while having problems when getting that Game Over screen.

[quote name='CheapyD']Use coupon code 25USED
Order must be $19.99 or more
http://www.gamestop.com/preowned

I'm assuming this stacks with your Edge card discount

25% off all in-stock used games $19.99 or more. May not be combined with other offers. Limit 3 games per order. Not valid on consoles or other hardware. Expires 7/31/10 11:59PM
[/QUOTE]
It's amazing that people would respond to the great CheapyD and not thank him for his work.

Thank you very much for posting this Cheapy. Very good deal if this stacks from EDGE, I've been liking these from Gamestop very much. I might have to pick something up I will think about it.

THANK YOU AGAIN CHEAPY YOU ARE THE GENIUS

Ive seen this before and seen some people mention like 33% on other coupon codes or whatever, but it kinda annoys me that they take EDGE discount out then take the 25% off the price after edge.

Thanks tho Cheapy

Thanks for posting. I was about to use the 20% off code last night. Hopefully they still have the games I want though.

Edit: Oh well, they don't have them anymore. I'll just wait and see if they have more any time soon.
Question though, is there a way to alert me when they have some back on stock?

Just used this to get Risen on Xbox 360 for $20 shipped . If it doesn't come complete and mint, it's in stock at 3 Gamestops near me, so I will take it there and get the goods . If they refuse, then I will return it outright . This is good shit .

[quote name='Abeja']Ive seen this before and seen some people mention like 33% on other coupon codes or whatever, but it kinda annoys me that they take EDGE discount out then take the 25% off the price after edge.

Thanks tho Cheapy[/QUOTE]
What? Edge stacks. It becomes 33% because 25% off your total and then 10% of that, which is 8% of the total. Ya dig?

[quote name='Abeja']Ive seen this before and seen some people mention like 33% on other coupon codes or whatever, but it kinda annoys me that they take EDGE discount out then take the 25% off the price after edge.

Thanks tho Cheapy[/QUOTE]

Yea... why does the website operate this way when in store all discounts are applied to the base? I also have to pay tax on the website so there's a second disincentive. And finally we have no idea what sort of shape the games will come in.

Not complaining so much as stumped as to why they made the decision to have them operate differently in store versus online.

Thanks for the deal Cheapy!

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']What? Edge stacks. It becomes 33% because 25% off your total and then 10% of that, which is 8% of the total. Ya dig?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I no it stacks. I was just always curious why some people had said 33% on other codes, and then I noticed it before on other orders. Really it doesnt matter which happens first (communitive property FTW!) its just that they dont take it off the base.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']Yea... why does the website operate this way when in store all discounts are applied to the base? I also have to pay tax on the website so there's a second disincentive. And finally we have no idea what sort of shape the games will come in.

Not complaining so much as stumped as to why they made the decision to have them operate differently in store versus online.

Thanks for the deal Cheapy![/QUOTE]

Of course they give you the whole "we arent associated with the online store" BS.

I got about 55$ in credit and one more coupon code that gives 10$ (UFC sweepstakes) that I need to get rid of then its Amazon all the way. Just waiting on the right deal at GS to get maybe Transformers. Atleast it will be LBP2.

[quote name='Abeja']Yeah I no it stacks. I was just always curious why some people had said 33% on other codes, and then I noticed it before on other orders. Really it doesnt matter which happens first (communitive property FTW!) its just that they dont take it off the base.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']Yea... why does the website operate this way when in store all discounts are applied to the base? I also have to pay tax on the website so there's a second disincentive. And finally we have no idea what sort of shape the games will come in.

Thanks for the deal Cheapy![/QUOTE]

Of course they give you the whole "we arent associated with the online store" BS.

I got about 55$ in credit and one more coupon code that gives 10$ (UFC sweepstakes) that I need to get rid of then its Amazon all the way. Just waiting on the right deal at GS to get maybe Transformers. Atleast it will be LBP2.

I was so close to getting Just Cause 2 and Risen with this deal. But with quite the backlog and with classes starting in a bit over a month, it just doesn't seem like a good idea.

i was thinking of getting star wars force unleashed ultimate sith edition, now what are the odds of me geting the tin case its supposed to come in??

[quote name='Martin237']i was thinking of getting star wars force unleashed ultimate sith edition, now what are the odds of me geting the tin case its supposed to come in??[/QUOTE]

Got a sith edition for 360 a couple of weeks ago in prestine damn condition, best condition game from gamestop I've ever got. VERY pleased.

[quote name='Izod517']Got a sith edition for 360 a couple of weeks ago in prestine damn condition, best condition game from gamestop I've ever got. VERY pleased.[/QUOTE]

thanks i ask because i checked to see if any stores around me have it in stock an no luck, so if for whatever reason id need to return it i would have to do it through gamestop.com and ive been wanting to play it for a while

I got about 10 minutes worth of oops server error messages and gave up. Will try again tomorrow.

And unless it was just the server error, one of my customer service $10 or $20 off "whoops we screwed up codes" didn't work at all either, no matter how I tried to used it (alone or with saver and the 25off code).

damn, very tempted by galaxy 2 for about $26...i havent bought anything used from gamestop.com in probably 8 years...and back then some of the stuff i bought (ps2,xbox, and gc) didnt come with cases and manuals. do they usually come with them now, and how is the condition usually?

Condition usually pretty beat up but usually plays just fine. They sent me a just cause 2 that had a dent. Yes literally a dent in it that when I put it in sounded like I was driving a car with a flat tire and didn't read at all. Plus it came in just a generic dvd case with no manual or anything. Took it to a store to exchange and the kid working there was like well our only copy is a lot more scratched up then the one you have and couldnt understand why I still wanted to exchange him for it seeing as how the one I had wouldn't play at all.

[quote name='Martin237']thanks i ask because i checked to see if any stores around me have it in stock an no luck, so if for whatever reason id need to return it i would have to do it through gamestop.com and ive been wanting to play it for a while[/QUOTE]

You can still return at store even if they don't have the product, just couldn't exchange.

[quote name='georget93']

jello44, I was encountering the same thing every time I tried to order. Double-check your order status page, as it had been placed twice on my account (so I had to go in and cancel one.) Just a heads-up of what happened to me while having problems when getting that Game Over screen.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, I just checked and fortunately there is only one order there.

I might get Batman: AA GotY for 25, not sure yet. I want to play through it again in 3D.

Wish I could stack my $10 coupon code with this :( they kinda screwed up not letting you use those with other offers.

[quote name='sadboy']Is it now?[/QUOTE]

I found one game that I want, but none of the games that I really wanted. Maybe I'll stock up on some PSP games.

No "manual and box guarantee" equals no deal for me. Last time I ordered I got black cases and no manual. I'll stick to gamefly.

Nice I can use some of my extra Slim credit to buy Wii games

Noticed how on eBay if you pair a Wii + a Mario game or 2 + 2 party-ish games, you get major cash

But if you sell the same Wii with no games, you get barely $100-120.

so after reading some of your guys's posts nobody cares that they dont get the original case or manual? or if i buy a game and dont get original case and manual, i can go to the gamestop and they will give me original case and manual?

[quote name='KneeKnee']No "manual and box guarantee" equals no deal for me. Last time I ordered I got black cases and no manual. I'll stick to gamefly.[/QUOTE]

They used to at least have some games that guaranteed them. I guess no more. That's pretty sad.

I could live without a original manual/cover art guarantee, but I'd like a guarantee the disc won't arrive looking like it barely survived a napalm explosion.

[quote name='KneeKnee']No "manual and box guarantee" equals no deal for me. Last time I ordered I got black cases and no manual. I'll stick to gamefly.[/QUOTE]
This is why I have never bought from their website.

You can exchange in-store.

God I just realized these GS threads always have the exact same posts over and over again for endless amounts of pages, every time.

EDGE stacks.

SAVER stacks.

You can exchange in-store if you have a problem.

They periodically restock that which is out of stock.

Yes, you should buy that game you want someone to tell you to buy, or no, you shouldn't buy that game you don't think you should buy.

The $10 off coupon that you get when they mess up your order stacks with every promo code including this one. No, the other $XX off coupons do not stack with any promo codes, including this one.

The end, I would think.

What happened with the no manual and original box grantee? I swear it use to be on there not too long ago.

But yeah I got a cheap copy of Disgaea 3 with no box or manual which is very sad considering It's a PS3 game - ultra slim case and what not. Apparently you can exchange your copy to another store within 30 days - but no store within 50 miles of me had a copy so I was SOL. As much as I've gotten some scratched up games from Gamefly their games are dirt cheap and complete (I install games to the HD so scratchs don't bother me anymore.)

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Just used this to get Risen on Xbox 360 for $20 shipped . If it doesn't come complete and mint, it's in stock at 3 Gamestops near me, so I will take it there and get the goods . If they refuse, then I will return it outright . This is good shit .[/QUOTE]

I ordered a couple when the B2G1 free deal was going on. They came complete and the games themselves were spotless.

[quote name='Martin237']thanks i ask because i checked to see if any stores around me have it in stock an no luck, so if for whatever reason id need to return it i would have to do it through gamestop.com and ive been wanting to play it for a while[/QUOTE]

I had a terrible experience with GS.com and this exact game. I ordered during a previous sale and not only did I not receive any of the additional bonuses (steel case, card, etc.) I received only one disc! And sure enough it was the disc for the regular TFU. When I went to a B&M to complain they accused ME of swapping out the sith edition for my regular one and said that they couldn't exchange it for the price that I bought it for on the website because they had no way of knowing I wasn't trying to rip them off. After a bunch of rigmarole, calling the Store manager, etc. they let me exchange it if I paid the additional in store cost of the game, effectively negating the whole purpose of buying cheaper online AFTER I had driven all over town to find a copy of the game...

Needless to say I was irate and swore never to buy from Gs.com again. Of course I've since softened my stance on this front... :p

bread's done
Back