25% Off Used Games $19.99+ at GameStop.com

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]16221[/IMG-R]Use coupon code 25USED to get 25% off in-stock used games at GameStop.com. Combine with coupon code SAVER for free shipping and your Edge card for an additional discount. Your order must be $19.99 or more. Ends 7/31/2010.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop.com

Last edited by a moderator:
My last two orders have come with unplayable discs. Although it was a pain to exchange them, it was worth it when I brought in Alan Wake and was given a copy with an intact DLC code.

meh... they just rose the price of two games I had in my cart since Tuesday... ha ha... jerks. It ends up being about 5% off after the hike and then discount. No thanks. I hate shady retail crap like that.

Kinda worried about the "This used product is guaranteed to work and may not include an instruction manual or original box" disclaimer. But some people have said that you can just bring it into a Gamestop and trade. Then it isn't too big of a problem if I can do that right?

Yeah you can bring it in and exchange it, but I always feel kind of embarassed having to run in and do that. My local GS always makes me feel guilty. You can tell it puts the GS employee out. And about 1/2 of what I have ordered from them online doesn't come with the manual or instructions.

nice. Made my first purchase from gamestop.com last month and was pleased with the condition of the game. Got some credit so I'll take advantage of this deal. Thanks Cheapy!

[quote name='supershammy']You can exchange in-store.

God I just realized these GS threads always have the exact same posts over and over again for endless amounts of pages, every time.

EDGE stacks.

SAVER stacks.

You can exchange in-store if you have a problem.

They periodically restock that which is out of stock.

Yes, you should buy that game you want someone to tell you to buy, or no, you shouldn't buy that game you don't think you should buy.

The $10 off coupon that you get when they mess up your order stacks with every promo code including this one. No, the other $XX off coupons do not stack with any promo codes, including this one.

The end, I would think.[/QUOTE]

Can I exchange my EDGE stack in-store if my $10 coupon is missing a manual?

heres one i havent seen covered anywhere.... so my $10 coupon gives 10% off, i havent made a purchase with it yet, but emailed GS customer service about it. Havent heard back yet but are people only having success with placing an order and then calling to have it corrected? thanks and sorry supershammy if this question makes you more angry at your internets.

[quote name='bajingo']heres one i havent seen covered anywhere.... so my $10 coupon gives 10% off, i havent made a purchase with it yet, but emailed GS customer service about it. Havent heard back yet but are people only having success with placing an order and then calling to have it corrected? thanks and sorry supershammy if this question makes you more angry at your internets.[/QUOTE]
There's strange math backing coupon application. Am I correct in assuming you're trying to add the $10 on top of 25USED? If I'm not logged in to GS.com, I can stack 25USED, EDGE, and a $10-off Coupon. That brings the subtotal of my $24.98 purchase to $6 and change. But once I log in, the $10 Coupon no longer stacks (as I suspect GS intends). Moral: YMMV when you try stacking coupons.

[quote name='fldash']Where is this $10 coupon? Did it come in email or what?[/QUOTE]
Pre-order bonus received for most games during the month of may and april

i was referring to the UFC promo thing where a lot of people got "$10 off codes" that turned out to apply as 10%. i saw posts saying people called AFTER placing an order and GS refunded the difference. I'm asking if anyone has had luck getting the code fixed before placing an order.

[quote name='midloo']Yeah you can bring it in and exchange it, but I always feel kind of embarassed having to run in and do that. My local GS always makes me feel guilty. You can tell it puts the GS employee out. And about 1/2 of what I have ordered from them online doesn't come with the manual or instructions.[/QUOTE]

I used to feel guilty until I realized they mark the ones that are defective as defective, get their payment/replacement from GS corporate, and lose nothing from the trade. Its become something of a joke at my local Gamestop's (I'd recommend spreading your swaps across more than one store if you order a lot online like me) because of how often I get a game that will not play (especially on 360, PS3 games are more resilient because of the diamond coating on the Blu-ray).

I agree with the half being poorly packaged. They went from, "We guarantee you get a manual and cover art" to "We can almost guarantee your game won't play." Its ridiculously bad, but the price is good and the swapout at the stores is good enough to go ahead and take advantage of the deals when they happen.

Just be prepared to throw on some gas money to the final total at checkout when they reach the bottom of the barrel and ship you a Halo ODST/Forza 3 bundle in a single disc case that's black, a case that has not a chance in hell of closing, has no instruction manual (for either game), none of whose discs will play, AND whose cover art is a picture of an anime character looking stupid with the title names typed in a computer font along the front. I was amused at that one.

As long as you have a Gamestop nearby, you should be fine as long as your Gamestop does the trade like they're supposed to.

I hate to say this, but I just tried adding a bunch of cheap games to get over $25, the discount did not apply to any games under $25 :(

I was able to stack my $10 coupon with this, saver, and Edge. Got Darkstalkers for $9.50 shipped. Not that I need another game for my backlog, but I figured that for under $10 I'd get it.

It should be noted that my 25USED bonus seems to include value shipping without applying SAVER. I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not though.

Is there any time limit when you can exchange it and get the manuel for a game. I tried it with Lego Indiana 2 that I got like over a month ago and they didnt have any used at the store. If I print out my order sheet could I go in there and get the manual/case?

[quote name='Abeja']Is there any time limit when you can exchange it and get the manuel for a game. I tried it with Lego Indiana 2 that I got like over a month ago and they didnt have any used at the store. If I print out my order sheet could I go in there and get the manual/case?[/QUOTE]
depending on the gamestop you dont even need your receipt, but with your receipt you should have no problems just be really polite and friendly if you have any problems, that can help win over an ungruntled worker.

Cool thanks. I may try it. Its trading in to Amazon for 17$, so Id like to get rid of it , but need the manual and a case since they sent it in a generic case.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I used to feel guilty until I realized they mark the ones that are defective as defective, get their payment/replacement from GS corporate, and lose nothing from the trade. Its become something of a joke at my local Gamestop's (I'd recommend spreading your swaps across more than one store if you order a lot online like me) because of how often I get a game that will not play (especially on 360, PS3 games are more resilient because of the diamond coating on the Blu-ray).

I agree with the half being poorly packaged. They went from, "We guarantee you get a manual and cover art" to "We can almost guarantee your game won't play." Its ridiculously bad, but the price is good and the swapout at the stores is good enough to go ahead and take advantage of the deals when they happen.

Just be prepared to throw on some gas money to the final total at checkout when they reach the bottom of the barrel and ship you a Halo ODST/Forza 3 bundle in a single disc case that's black, a case that has not a chance in hell of closing, has no instruction manual (for either game), none of whose discs will play, AND whose cover art is a picture of an anime character looking stupid with the title names typed in a computer font along the front. I was amused at that one.

As long as you have a Gamestop nearby, you should be fine as long as your Gamestop does the trade like they're supposed to.[/QUOTE]

So you can technically go into any gamestop to exchange a used game because the packaging is incomplete and in bad condition? Do you just ask the clerk for an exchange? Thanks in advance, I've never ordered online used games from them because of fear of a bad conditioned game and stuff I'm looking for hasn't been in stock but would be good to know for future reference.

Wahoo! Just picked up New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Zack and Wiki for $33 total.

I'm just hoping the Zack and Wiki disc works, since my younger brother scratched it up until it was unplayable. He's 23!

Has anyone been able to stack the $10 UFC codes with 25USED lately? If anyone was able to them to work together, can they say how they did it?

Ordered Dirt 2 for 360.
On the Fence for Just Cause 2 but I am going to wait to see if the price drops on the used game before the end of the month. So I can get it a little cheaper.

[quote name='chocula87']The $10 coupon is better than this combined with edge

but good deal other wise[/QUOTE]

Not if the game is more than $40. And unlike 25USED, everyone doesn't have access to a $10 coupon. You might as well have said that using a $50 gift card is much better than this discount.

Sweet, I just got Darksiders for $20.73 shipped and I can return the one I got in store today at $34.94. I really wish their online prices were the same as in store.

[quote name='bjstucker']Picked up Fallout 3 GOTY for 37 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Great buy, you will love that damn game. Say goodbye to your social life as that game is a time suck. :applause:

Anyone else find it funny that the 2nd best selling game on GS's website is Press Your Luck. Wish that had a gameshow No Whammy button controller!

That really sucks... all the games I would use those promo codes for are all not available online right now. Does that mean that they're out of stock, or they're too popular/new to have online yet?

Ended up using this, a ten dollar coupon from a cancelled order, and my EDGE discount to get Mass Effect 2 for $13.13

Thanks for the heads up, Cheapy.

Nice, ordered Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Red Dead Redemption for $57.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also picked up New Super Mario Bros. Wii as it was $20 with all the discounts. Awesome, good bye social life.

Ordered Super Mario Galaxy 2 for 29.49 shipped; haven't played with the Wii for a long time so this should be fun =D

I know everyone's experience will be different, especially with older games, but the last time I ordered during the B1G1 glitch, I ordered NSMB Wii and Splinter Cell: Conviction XBOX 360. They both came in perfect condition, the cases didn't even have stickers on them. Both games looked practically brand new.

[quote name='moop2001']Sweet, I just got Darksiders for $20.73 shipped and I can return the one I got in store today at $34.94. I really wish their online prices were the same as in store.[/QUOTE]
Darksiders Is a really good game from what i played i played about an hour of it today i had a huge backlog and i just barely got to play it today after about two-three months having the game

Long time reader, first time poster.

I am surprised nobody is picking up the rare collectible games like Marvel versus Capcom II or SNK II for their collection...wtf is wrong with people here....?

Also....are pepople retarded or did they not read the coupon correctly? It says buy 2 used games and get 3rd for free....I feel like it is time to stack up on collectibles

[quote name='swifteagle43']Also....are pepople retarded or did they not read the coupon correctly? It says buy 2 used games and get 3rd for free....I feel like it is time to stack up on collectibles[/QUOTE]

....wha?

[quote name='swifteagle43']Long time reader, first time poster.

I am surprised nobody is picking up the rare collectible games like Marvel versus Capcom II or SNK II for their collection...wtf is wrong with people here....?[/QUOTE]

You should go back to lurking, both because your post is insulting and because collectors don't want "rare collectible games" that don't come with a case or manual and are scratched to shit.

Oh, and it looks like he is referring to the coupon on the front page of Gamestop.com, the one for XBOX games that says "buy 1 get 2 free". By his own standards, he is evidently retarded because even he didn't read the coupon nobody else is referring to correctly before he came barging in to critique everyone else's purchasing.

bread's done
Back