25% Off Used Games $19.99+ at GameStop.com

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]16221[/IMG-R]Use coupon code 25USED to get 25% off in-stock used games at GameStop.com. Combine with coupon code SAVER for free shipping and your Edge card for an additional discount. Your order must be $19.99 or more. Ends 7/31/2010.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop.com

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ps2emotions']Not working unless the game is over $19.99. Funny because I was putting a lot of cheap 360 games in my cart and it was showing up as working taking 25% off each game, even the 4.99 ones, then it stopped working on anything. I've reloaded the page, signed out and everything but still not working.[/QUOTE]

And another...not working for either unless the game is over $19.99. You can't hesitate when they have a glitch because they do eventually fix them all. I have enough in my backlog anyway...

Why do people keep asking if this deal is good in store? Again, the answer is Yes, so long as you have a laptop with an active internet connection and credit card. YMMV if I-Phone.

[quote name='dchrisd']Why do people keep asking if this deal is good in store? Again, the answer is Yes, so long as you have a laptop with an active internet connection and credit card. YMMV if I-Phone.[/QUOTE]

this won't work in store. the hell are you talking about?

[quote name='malfuncti0n']this won't work in store. the hell are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

He's being a smartass, implying that if you can get on GS.com inside of a GameStop store, you can order from their site. Therefore, it's "valud in-store". Get it? ;)

Hmmm, damn. Super Street Fighter 4 for 360 is 24.99 before the codes. Seems too good to pass up with these deals

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']He's being a smartass, implying that if you can get on GS.com inside of a GameStop store, you can order from their site. Therefore, it's "valud in-store". Get it? ;)[/QUOTE]

well played, sir. well played indeed.

so i guess this deal is pretty much going under the rug now that it's been confirmed that YOU CANNOT ADD GAMES UNDER 19.99 TO MAKE IT WORK.

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']What's your point? Cell phones with data plans don't need WIFI.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. We just hook that bitch up to a laptop and tether the shit.

Got my copy of Red Dead Redemption from this deal today. It was in a black DVD case, and the game disk was actually in a yellow cd envelope that was thrown in the DVD case. No cover art or manual, but the game disk seems to be in excellent condition. I printed out a cover with pretty decent art from a website where people make alternative cover art for games and movies. I printed it out, swapped the black case with my wife's american idol green case, and I'm happy considering I paid $36.10 for it after tax.

[quote name='georget93']Got my copy of Red Dead Redemption from this deal today. It was in a black DVD case, and the game disk was actually in a yellow cd envelope that was thrown in the DVD case. No cover art or manual, [/QUOTE]

That's how most of my used games from GS come.

So my copy of AvP arrived today.

Good:
Ordered on Thursday and arrived today using the SAVER coupon. That was pretty fast.

Bad:
The disc didnt work. Checked the backside and it looked pretty good but for some reason my 360 couldnt read it. Had to drive to a local GS to exchange it. This was the second time I've ordered a used game from GS and again this is the second time I had to get a disk exchanged. Even the employee there said dont buy from their website cause almost all their used discs are crap.

[quote name='TheRock88']Even the employee there said dont buy from their website cause almost all their used discs are crap.[/QUOTE]
Whether they are crap or not the employee is wrong. As long as you don't mind going to your local GS to exchange the disc, the prices online are way better than they offer in store.

[quote name='ackbar7']Whether they are crap or not the employee is wrong. As long as you don't mind going to your local GS to exchange the disc, the prices online are way better than they offer in store.[/QUOTE]

I like returning at the store cause they will most times look through what they have and give me a clean copy, out of guilt I think. Also with those discounts and online coupon, how can any respectable CAG buy anything at the store price?

[quote name='Toss']I like returning at the store cause they will most times look through what they have and give me a clean copy, out of guilt I think. Also with those discounts and online coupon, how can any respectable CAG buy anything at the store price?[/QUOTE]

Yeah exactly. I got a GTA4 copy that was sent through a buffer one too many times, and the girl looked through a couple til she found one that looked brand new.

My Dragon Age Awakenings disc I received Saturday also has the murky semi-sheen from insistent buffing. Methinks I'll be swapping it this week.

[quote name='buster90']So if it comes with no case or book can I exchange for one with a case and book in store?[/QUOTE]

No you can't...Ignore the three other posts in this thread saying otherwise.

[quote name='thehoweller']No you can't...Ignore the three other posts in this thread saying otherwise.[/QUOTE]

I meant a new copy can I trade a used one for a new one if there are no used ones left.

Since there is a lot of talk about Gamestops used game cases here, maybe some of you can help me out..

I ordered some Wii games a few weeks ago. Some of them were perfect, but New Super Mario Bros Wii was in a black case. I didn't really care and I left it for a few weeks. Well now I wanted to trade it in to Amazon because I'm trading in other games and they give a pretty good value for it. I don't have the original case because of Gamestop.com and it's probably been like 3 weeks since I received it. What can I do to get the original case?

Buy another one from Gamestop, swap cases and return? Would that work?

Thanks for any help

[quote name='georget93']Got my copy of Red Dead Redemption from this deal today. It was in a black DVD case, and the game disk was actually in a yellow cd envelope that was thrown in the DVD case. No cover art or manual, but the game disk seems to be in excellent condition. I printed out a cover with pretty decent art from a website where people make alternative cover art for games and movies. I printed it out, swapped the black case with my wife's american idol green case, and I'm happy considering I paid $36.10 for it after tax.[/QUOTE]

That sucks since I got mine with that $20 off weird coupon about 2 weeks ago, and it was brand new.

Off-topic... where does GS.com get its used games? Overstock from stores? Secret buyers on eBay? Random flea markets? Lurking CAG clearance deals?

[quote name='buster90']I meant a new copy can I trade a used one for a new one if there are no used ones left.[/QUOTE]

no

[quote name='buster90']I meant a new copy can I trade a used one for a new one if there are no used ones left.[/QUOTE]

why would they let you do this?

PawnShop claiming their products will work properly- ha ha ha oh wow!

That reminds me, if anyone's interested, I have the Operation/Pitt and Broken/Pt. Lookout discs. Willing to trade.

[quote name='Distrato']Does each game have to be $19.99 or more again? I just wanted Crackdown and Call of Duty 4.[/QUOTE]

Try it yourself? Many people already mentioned that it was back to 19.99+ per game but hey, maybe you'll get lucky

[quote name='Distrato']Does each game have to be $19.99 or more again? I just wanted Crackdown and Call of Duty 4.[/QUOTE]
I tried to do that it didnt work but maybe you will get lucky

[quote name='rp71284']That sucks since I got mine with that $20 off weird coupon about 2 weeks ago, and it was brand new.

Off-topic... where does GS.com get its used games? Overstock from stores? Secret buyers on eBay? Random flea markets? Lurking CAG clearance deals?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they get most of their used stock from people that come to the stores and sell them. This stock is probably circulated amongst the stores and the website to keep it more or less evenly distributed. It's just my theory.

I have also heard of people receiving games in GameCrazy cases, so they probably bought out the used stock when GC went to the grave.

I've ordered bad company 2, fifa 10, beatles rock band, ratchet a crack in time, ncaa 10, viewtful joe 2, and borderlands.

All of them came with manual and case, (and they always put the disc in a yellow envelope), and the dlc codes were unused for ncaa and bad company 2.
However, ps3 blu-rays don't scratch anyways.
Most of them had lots of strange scratched out stickers however.

how often does gamestop restock there used games i lvoe get to a used copy of singuarlity at 25 off if possible

My 360 copy of Bayonetta came in great condition, with case and manual (though it was clearly a different case, as it had a small UFC holographic sticker on it).

I have been monitoring New super mario bros wii for the last week or so and their used stock has remained at 2 the whole time. I find it strange they haven't sold any or received any. Is this possibly a glitch? It also says that there is no used copies with 100 miles of me but i believe that is wrong to. Anybody buy this recently or able to have more than 2 in their cart?

Finally they have PS3 UFC 2010 back in stock...let's see if I can get that extra $10 code in there to cover the EA Online Fee I'm sure I'll have to pay.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']I have been monitoring New super mario bros wii for the last week or so and their used stock has remained at 2 the whole time. I find it strange they haven't sold any or received any. Is this possibly a glitch? It also says that there is no used copies with 100 miles of me but i believe that is wrong to. Anybody buy this recently or able to have more than 2 in their cart?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure they imposed a limit of 2 back when they were getting pillaged and traded back in for a nice profit. I'm guessing they have a lot more than 2.

[quote name='dchrisd']Why do people keep asking if this deal is good in store? Again, the answer is Yes, so long as you have a laptop with an active internet connection and credit card. YMMV if I-Phone.[/QUOTE]

LMAOOOO

BEST ANSWER EVER.

What part of gamestop.COM do people not seem to get? One would naturally assume that if it were to work in-store, it would be specified as such.

Also, gamestop.com sucks on an iPhone (they don't have a mobile-specific site).

[quote name='thirtytwoutside']LMAOOOO

BEST ANSWER EVER.

What part of gamestop.COM do people not seem to get? One would naturally assume that if it were to work in-store, it would be specified as such.

Also, gamestop.com sucks on an iPhone (they don't have a mobile-specific site).[/QUOTE]

And the worst reply ever to the best answer ever goes to...

[quote name='malfuncti0n']this won't work in store. the hell are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

I got Modern Warfare 2 for 26$ after discount/EDGE. I'll take it at that price, no way I'm paying the 59.99$ USED they want for it at my store. I asked them what was up with the extra 10$ price tacked onto both used and new copies. They said they couldn't keep them on the shelf in that store and decided to mark them up to make more money. :whistle2:|

bread's done
Back