25% Off Used Games $19.99+ at GameStop.com

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]16221[/IMG-R]Use coupon code 25USED to get 25% off in-stock used games at GameStop.com. Combine with coupon code SAVER for free shipping and your Edge card for an additional discount. Your order must be $19.99 or more. Ends 7/31/2010.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop.com

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='davesandstorm']I got Modern Warfare 2 for 26$ after discount/EDGE. I'll take it at that price, no way I'm paying the 59.99$ USED they want for it at my store. I asked them what was up with the extra 10$ price tacked onto both used and new copies. They said they couldn't keep them on the shelf in that store and decided to mark them up to make more money. :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

What!? I've never heard of that. Was this at an actual Gamestop??

[quote name='sgaldis']What!? I've never heard of that. Was this at an actual Gamestop??[/QUOTE]

No, it was his local holographic, bizarro Gamestop.

[quote name='sgaldis']What!? I've never heard of that. Was this at an actual Gamestop??[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they all do that based on their sales for that store. I asked the guy at my local GameStop why I just paid $54.99 for a used copy of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 when the new game on the shelf is $59.99. His response was, "It's GameStop... what do you expect?"

I only bought the used copy because I have an EDGE card and wanted the 10% discount... plus, I had trade-ins, etc...

I tried to do this last night. My edge card was on the invoice, but when it finalized, the edge discount and free shipping dissapeared. I called gamestop and the guy that helped me was really unhelpful and his response was that edge wont stack with this promo. His name is David and he was really rude. I ended up canelling my order. If anyone talks to him over the phone, send him my regards lol.

[quote name='davesandstorm'] no way I'm paying the 59.99$ USED they want for it at my store. I asked them what was up with the extra 10$ price tacked onto both used and new copies. They said they couldn't keep them on the shelf in that store and decided to mark them up to make more money. :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

Well I can't say I've worked there recently, but I managed an EBgames that turned into a gamestop for 3 years and I never heard of such a thing. I was never granted the ability to magically price-gouge customers... that was corporate's job :)

No no... just saying - I can't believe a store is currently given the autonomy to individually change an advertised price just because of sales volume. No regional manager I ever met would allow that.

Just got Super Mario Galaxy 2 (for 26.99) after I order it on June 30th. They seemed to get really delayed by the holidays or something because I usually get games in a few days, this took over a week. Came complete though and works so I am happy.

Received Call of Duty: WaW (360). It's the first used game I've received from GS that actually plays (all the other ones I've bought in the past were returned to b&m the same day they arrived because they were so damaged the console couldn't recognize it).

~$8.50 after coupon, credit, tax and shipping. But that didn't include the 2000pts I spent on the dlc map packs... I only got this game for goold 'ol fashion nazi zombie killing but didn't realize that the base game only comes with one zombie map :(

I lucked out. My Red Dead looks brand new and even included a working code for the GS exclusive DLC. Of course, there's the whole "power hour" thing tomorrow, but I've got better things to do than hope to get a copy and hassle with returning the used one.

Is this still working or am I doing something wrong. Looking to pick up Red Dead and FF13 used and when adding that coupon at my cart it is telling me that the 25pre coupon is not available, even though that is not the coupon I am using.

*EDIT* NVM I got it now. Added the SAVER code first and then all the sudden it started working.

[quote name='lilman']Received Call of Duty: WaW (360). It's the first used game I've received from GS that actually plays (all the other ones I've bought in the past were returned to b&m the same day they arrived because they were so damaged the console couldn't recognize it).

~$8.50 after coupon, credit, tax and shipping. But that didn't include the 2000pts I spent on the dlc map packs... I only got this game for goold 'ol fashion nazi zombie killing but didn't realize that the base game only comes with one zombie map :([/QUOTE]

Yea it only comes with one map pack for zombies if you dont buy the others Nazi Zombies was the only reason i bought WaW too i got it last month for $20 and with microsoft points ended up being $40 and map pack 2 and 3 are awesome for zombies!

i just got my games in today i ordered star wars force unleashed ultimate sith edition, fight night round 3, and ncaa football 07 (needed it to get full 1000 on nfl 07).

the only game that came with original cover art was fight night, none have original case or manual. anyway only reason im posting is because my sith edition came with only one disc and so i called cs gave them my info and the nice lady who answered told me that they would just send me a whole new game and she said "we will send you a new game and you can just throw out the old one" now my question is do they do this every time or did i just luck out?

EDIT : might i add that this is the first time that i ever had to return something from online store so i dont know how this whole procedure goes even at B&M stores

[quote name='Martin237']i just got ... ncaa football 07 (needed it to get full 1000 on nfl 07).[/QUOTE]
I am about to do the same thing!

But I just wanted to say thanks OP for the code. I used it yesterday to order Alpha Protocol, which finally dropped to $34.99 online (I saw it for that price in store during the B2G1 a couple weeks ago). I would have actually saved about $2 using a $10 code, but this way I get to save the code & GS credit is easy enough to come by.

I got Dynasty Warrios 6 Empires and it came with no manual or artwork. Also, the desk has a Blockbuster sticker on it. blah

I was glad alpha protocol went back up used, but then I found out my powerup rewardspro card doesn't give me the 10% off used games anymore. It says my edge card expired last month when I renewed it and they turned it into powerup pro, but the website doesn't take the powerup pro card as an edgecard so i can't get my 10% off online, grrr. I emailed [email protected] but that might be pointless. I know it's only $2.62 10%off but Im a cheapassgamer and I want my $2.62!

Thought I'd play the GS Used "What condition will it be in?" home game.

Ordered Sherlock Holmes Vs Jack the Ripper, SSFIV and Midnight Club Complete Edition, came to $57.99 after tax.

Wonder what I'll get, thanks for the coupon codes OP.

oh freakn stupid.
just got this email from gamestop.com saying that my powerup pro card won't give me 10% off til it goes national... so I paid $15 to renew it and it won't even give me points for online purchases or 10% off, grrrr.

'Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting PowerUpRewards.com.

Unfortunately at this time the power up card discount can not be used
online at gamestop.com. This will change as soon as our beta program
goes national. As of right now the discount can only be used in
participating power up stores. We apologize for any inconvenience this
may have caused you.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this
email.

Best regards,
Travis
Customer Service Agent'

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
Hi,
I frequently buy games from gamestop.com as well as gamestop stores and
I tried to purchase Alpha Protocol this morning used for 34.99 and my
10% off used games isn't working. My powerup pro card replaced my edge
card, but I believe the 10% off used games should still work, so I'm
curious what's wrong.

My name is Mina. I tried to enter the powerup rewards pro
card on my account as well as my cart checkout but neither of them
worked. I know the rewards points are not gained when buying stuff
online but I thought the powerup card still worked for 10% off used
purchases online. The price of Alpha Protocol in my cart is $26.24 after
Saver and 25used but I would still like that 10% off also. Thank you

[quote name='Velo214']oh freakn stupid.
just got this email from gamestop.com saying that my powerup pro card won't give me 10% off til it goes national... so I paid $15 to renew it and it won't even give me points for online purchases or 10% off, grrrr.

'Dear Customer,

Unfortunately at this time the power up card discount can not be used
online at gamestop.com. This will change as soon as our beta program
goes national. As of right now the discount can only be used in
participating power up stores. We apologize for any inconvenience this
may have caused you.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this
email.

Best regards,
Travis
Customer Service Agent'

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
Hi,
I frequently buy games from gamestop.com as well as gamestop stores and
I tried to purchase Alpha Protocol this morning used for 34.99 and my
10% off used games isn't working. My powerup pro card replaced my edge
card, but I believe the 10% off used games should still work, so I'm
curious what's wrong.

My name is Mina Morey. I tried to enter the powerup rewards pro
card on my account as well as my cart checkout but neither of them
worked. I know the rewards points are not gained when buying stuff
online but I thought the powerup card still worked for 10% off used
purchases online. The price of Alpha Protocol in my cart is $26.24 after
Saver and 25used but I would still like that 10% off also. Thank you[/QUOTE]

So basically you paid for a discount card that doesn't give discounts. At the very least, they should have told you those terms upfront before you paid for it. Did they give you an option to get the old edge or are they only pushing the powerups now? The benefits page does say 10% off, but doesn't specify if that's in store only: link

Customer service should budge a little more than offering an apology in my opinion. I'd see if they could give you an edge card, or at least give you the name of a gamestop in your area that can switch it over (that is if you want to switch it over).

Dear Customer,

The PowerUp rewards program will more than likely be implimented for online orders as well, however will need to make sure that it cannot be abused by some customers online. We simply ask that be please be patient as once this program is released to the general public new features for this program will be listed online.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.

Best regards,
Edward
Customer Service Agent

I was basically told to piss off as well. Their CS seems bipolar these days; great with the RDR fiasco but entirely indifferent with all the powerup issues.

[quote name='Jerajdai']So basically you paid for a discount card that doesn't give discounts. At the very least, they should have told you those terms upfront before you paid for it. Did they give you an option to get the old edge or are they only pushing the powerups now? The benefits page does say 10% off, but doesn't specify if that's in store only: link

Customer service should budge a little more than offering an apology in my opinion. I'd see if they could give you an edge card, or at least give you the name of a gamestop in your area that can switch it over (that is if you want to switch it over).[/QUOTE]

I didn't want to bore anyone with the legalities, but Jerajdai is correct in asking whether they informed you of the discounts or gave you the option of edge vs. power up. Relatedly, if they unilaterally converted your edge card to a power up during the edge card's 1 year lifespan, they are legally obligated to provide you the discount. They'll budge, you just have to know what buttons to push.

Just ordered MW2 for ps3 for 28.00 after being stunned that the used price is still $55 at the local stores. Hopefully I get a case and cover art so I don't have to go make the switch in store.

nope, auto powerup upgrade. said exact same as edge but bonuses. never said 'it won't work online tho once your original edge subscription runs out'. it worked in june and may when my edge would have still worked but when i renewed a month ago it worked, but edge ended in june. on my gamestop account it wont let me enter powerup as an edge card it says my card expired in june, but i can still use it to pay credit, but no 10% off. grrr. i make lots of purchases online so this is messed up i paid for a discount card i can't fully use yet til it goes national, hopefully soon.
yeah i was thinking of just purchasing it and demanding 10% off or a gift card of 2.62(10%, lol) but i don't know if its worth it. hopefully it just goes national soon.

A solution for people who will have to renew soon may be to get a new Edge card through Game informer. Anyone think this would work? My Edge card expires in August.
Also does anyone know which States are included in the Beta program?

[quote name='Martin237']i just got my games in today i ordered star wars force unleashed ultimate sith edition, fight night round 3, and ncaa football 07 (needed it to get full 1000 on nfl 07).

the only game that came with original cover art was fight night, none have original case or manual. anyway only reason im posting is because my sith edition came with only one disc and so i called cs gave them my info and the nice lady who answered told me that they would just send me a whole new game and she said "we will send you a new game and you can just throw out the old one" now my question is do they do this every time or did i just luck out?

EDIT : might i add that this is the first time that i ever had to return something from online store so i dont know how this whole procedure goes even at B&M stores[/QUOTE]

I received the replacement that gamestop sent me today and I'm shocked that it came in the original tin box with both disks, still no manual but honestly the manual isn't that important to me, so now I have two copies of the first disc and one of the second

missouri, and i think like tennessee and ohio? i know missouri tho cuz im in stl.
i ended up going to the store and getting alpha protocol for 22.49, perfect case/manual n stickers came right off so just like new. i told them the card didn't work online, they were wearing powerup shirts even, and he said i didnt even think edge gave 10% off online.

from what i know, unless you have the free power up cards, they do work online like the edge cards, been using mine ever since I got it. However, the guys, real nice guys btw, at my local gamestop said some people were having trouble with their cards if they got it while doing a trade-in, which was my case.

in such case, just email customer service, and they'll fix it and refund you for any previous orders since you got the card where the discount would not work

for me, the edge code sometimes does not show up until I add a used item and only THEN will it apply the discount to the items, and other times I just need to log in first online...but it does always work though

[quote name='lpfan41k']from what i know, unless you have the free power up cards, they do work online like the edge cards, been using mine ever since I got it. However, the guys, real nice guys btw, at my local gamestop said some people were having trouble with their cards if they got it while doing a trade-in, which was my case.

in such case, just email customer service, and they'll fix it and refund you for any previous orders since you got the card where the discount would not work

for me, the edge code sometimes does not show up until I add a used item and only THEN will it apply the discount to the items, and other times I just need to log in first online...but it does always work though[/QUOTE]

Mine was wonky the first 1-2 days I had it. After that first initial 2 days though, it worked fine. Every time I log in to my account & add a used game to my card, it automatically takes the discount.

And I've used the balance on the card as well. Maybe the person on here is using the wrong code in the wrong place.

nope, i confirmed it didn't work yet unless your original edge subscription would still be continuing. when did your guys edge cards set to expire? i had powerup for 2 months and it worked fine, but my edge was set to expire at the end of june and it would have but i renewed with powerup. your edge cards probly would not have expired yet, but when they do if before they go national you lose the 10% off online. i still can use all my credit tho, and i get points so im fine with it, they said they were beta for 2-3 months and so it should be soon. talked to the manager friend at a gamestop around here this afternoon.

Anyone know how long it takes on average for free shipping with SAVER to ship? I'm in Missouri.

Also, the powerup cards do work on line for both store credit and the discount, just remember that the numbers are different. There's one that's split into 4 number segments, and a scratch-off area for the store credit, then a number under the barcode for the 10% off.

Just received Red Steel 2 and Super Mario Galaxy in three days with SAVER ship. RS2 works fine, came with case and manual, SMG came with no manual, no artwork, but it did come with a big 'ole gash in the middle which makes it unplayable. Nice work lamestop. I will be visiting my local store for a replacement and artwork/manual taboot.

So my local GameStop recently got in the PowerUp cards, and pushed it on me... they insured me the whole time (I kept asking), that it'd work exactly the same as the Edge card, that I could use it online, that I'd still get 10% discounts on used and strategy guides, etc. They said it does everything the Edge does + gives me points for whatever I buy and a b2g1 coupon.

Well, I'm on gamestop.com right now and cannot figure out how to get this card to work for online purchases (and yes it's the Pro / $14.99 card)

bread's done
Back