$29.99 gamecube gameboy adapter w/disc @ GS

veedubkid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from Gamestop and they had a gamecube gameboy adapter for 29.99. i used my edge card and 10% coupon from magazine and it was only 24.29 before tax. I was gonna trade my cube towards a wii but not now. Now i need to know if this only plays gameboy advances games or what. Cheers- Jay

sorry if this isn't in right forum, please move if wrong.

[quote name='veedubkid']I just got back from Gamestop and they had a gamecube gameboy adapter for 29.99. i used my edge card and 10% coupon from magazine and it was only 24.29 before tax. I was gonna trade my cube towards a wii but not now. Now i need to know if this only plays gameboy advances games or what. Cheers- Jay

sorry if this isn't in right forum, please move if wrong.[/QUOTE]

It plays all GB, GBC, GBA games except some obvious exceptions (WarioWare Twisted, Yoshi's Tilt and Tumble)

[quote name='veedubkid']I was gonna trade my cube towards a wii but not now.[/QUOTE]
Just curious, but how much would credit be if a GC was traded towards a Wii? Is there some sort of deal going on right now for that?

[quote name='JohnnyDrama']Just curious, but how much would credit be if a GC was traded towards a Wii? Is there some sort of deal going on right now for that?[/QUOTE]

There's a deal right now that'll get you $50.

I love your avatar, BTW. VICTORY!!!

[quote name='munch']There's a deal right now that'll get you $50.

I love your avatar, BTW. VICTORY!!![/QUOTE]
Haha, thanks, can't wait for the new eps for Entourage. That deal is kinda tempting, I'm going to sell my GC when I get a Wii anyway, so this might be the route I'm taking.

[quote name='gizmogc']It plays all GB, GBC, GBA games except some obvious exceptions (WarioWare Twisted, Yoshi's Tilt and Tumble)[/QUOTE]

Technically it can play those games, but you have to tilt the Gamecube. I've tried Kirby's Tilt and Tumble with a Gameboy Player, probably not good to be moving the Gamecube all around, but it was playable. Plus it would be harder to play the two you mentioned because they use button presses as well.

Yes, I have played Twisted! on my GB Player.:D The only thing that works with a GBA and is not compatible with the GB Player(as far as I know) are GBA Videos.

[quote name='gizmogc']It plays all GB, GBC, GBA games except some obvious exceptions (WarioWare Twisted, Yoshi's Tilt and Tumble)[/QUOTE]

you can also play those game for gameboy player,it just requires more work spinning or tilting when using gamecube.Basicly the bigger the system harder to tilt except gameboy micro.Gyro device is bigger then system itself,it tends to overspin it or underspin it.

I was stupid enough to try it all console-gameboy advance,sp,micro,ds lite,bulky ds and gameboy player.

[quote name='snakelda']Do you mean the Official Nintendo Gameboy player or the 3rd party ones?[/QUOTE]
I didn't even know they made 3rd party ones, but yeah it's official. I got my cube launch day and I am just now getting a Gameboy player. I need more time in the day to play!

My local store apparently has one in stock, I think I'll pick it up... especially since they seem to be getting harder to find.

[quote name='yukine']My local store apparently has one in stock, I think I'll pick it up... especially since they seem to be getting harder to find.[/QUOTE]

yeah, they go for about $65-70 on ebay right now, so snatch em up.

[quote name='yukine']My local store apparently has one in stock, I think I'll pick it up... especially since they seem to be getting harder to find.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the store closest to me shows "1-3" as well - which is great as that store has never had anything before when I've used the store locator. All but 2 others (out of 15 or so) have 0. I might just pick it up, as it's easy enough to check there next time I'm out.

[quote name='Apossum']yeah, they go for about $65-70 on ebay right now, so snatch em up.[/quote]

Is it time to sell mine or should I wait? It will be sold eventually (got rid of my gcn).

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']Is it time to sell mine or should I wait? It will be sold eventually (got rid of my gcn).[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure...it's tough to predict the behavior of the ebay market. All I know is there are 5 pages of them on ebay right now and they are all ending from $55-70 after shipping. They were higher towards the end of dec, begining of january when there weren't many on.

It looks like they are starting to end close to $55-60 now. Maybe the bubble is about to burst...sell sell sell!!! :lol:

I'm trying to bundle my GBP with my GC so I can get a Wii. Unfortunately, no takers as of yet.

You'll get more if you sell them seperately. I imagine the people buying GBP already have Cubes.

Well, of course when I went in there yesterday to pick up the one my local store had, they said they sold it that morning. Bah...

are these thing really hard to find?i pick up several of them during eb/gamestop buy 2 used get 1 free.they make great fillers for that sale.

I really need to get my ass over to gamestop to see if they happen to have one. Good investment if nothing else.

This thread inspired me to find one. Use the item tracker on their website, most have zero but one of them about 10 miles away had 4+!!

And like fatbeer said, if all else it's an investment since they go for a bit more than %30 on ebay.

Got one, although the starter disk is hella scratched. Thanks Op, I gave up the fight for Gameboy Player when I saw the Ebay prices and never thought of checking EB's.

Ok, well I did the stock search, it said the one right next to me had 1-3, well I go in and asked the guy, "Do you have any Game Boy Players?" He right away said "No, those are hard to find." So I'm like ok maybe the online thing wasn't updated, well I check again the next day, guess what it says, a big fat "0" So now I'm pissed because I'm under the suspision that this employee decided to keep it for himself and/or sell for profit. GS screws another customer who truely wanted to play the game >=[

The GBA player has been the price for at least 6 months, but this info might be useful for those unaware and newbs. As for eBay prices I'm guessing some of the sellers, if they are selling a used one, scored one of these on the cheap when GS/EB had their last Buy 2 Used Games/Accessories Get One Free.

[quote name='neudog']The GBA player has been the price for at least 6 months, but this info might be useful for those unaware and newbs. As for eBay prices I'm guessing some of the sellers, if they are selling a used one, scored one of these on the cheap when GS/EB had their last Buy 2 Used Games/Accessories Get One Free.[/QUOTE]
SO WAIT, WHY DIDN"T YOU TELL US THIS 6 MONTHS AGO???????????????
thanks for adding absolutely nothing to this thread.

[quote name='addicted2games']I must be a tard. what are you typing in to search for this on the store locater? All the searches I do on GS dont bring it up.[/quote] Same, I'm going to have to do a run around tommorow to look for one. I wouldnt mind making like $20 on ebay, especially if they have multiple ones.. then I can get a DS.

Make sure you click SHOW backordered products, usually at the bottom when you do a search, so search "Game Boy Player" You should see some Game Boys and some other products, click the show backordered products and it will bring you to a page with the Game Boy Player

[quote name='zerowing']Make sure you click SHOW backordered products, usually at the bottom when you do a search, so search "Game Boy Player" You should see some Game Boys and some other products, click the show backordered products and it will bring you to a page with the Game Boy Player[/QUOTE]
Ah, thanks so much Zerowing. Apparently 3 of 6 GS/EB around me have some in stock. Gonna go searching tomorrow.

bread's done
Back