$29 CheapAss WiFi Access Point for your xbox or PS2

rabidmonkeys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Perfect for your Xbox or your PS2. I ordered mine and so did a friend. I've never used this company before but folks on FW and SD have said they are fine. At $29 for this its insane and thought I'd share.

http://www.snapgone.com/index.php

Motorola WA840GP 802.11g Wireless Access Point
[WA840GP] $99.99 $29.99
Motorola WA840GP 802.11g Wireless Access Point
Click to enlarge

Wireless freedom!

The new notebook computer you just purchase comes with all the bells and whistles - fast CPU, gigantic hard drive, speedy video adapter, wireless connection, and ethernet wires. WHAT? Wires? I thought notebooks were meant to be portable?

Why constraint yourself in the office, study, or just the bedroom. Enjoy wireless freedom anywhere in the house by installing Motorola's latest WA840GP. With wireless freedom and up to 5 times faster than standard 802.11b networking, you'll be speeding down the information super highway. But wait! This is not just any ordinary wireless access point. The good folks at Motorola added performance enhancers to give you an extra boost to make the most of your wireless network. Match it with performance enhanced peripherals and enjoy speeds up to 35% faster than your traditional 802.11g solutions.

Just don't get caught for speeding.

Specifications

* Condition: New-Retail Box
* Includes 802.11g wireless technology
* Installation Wizard makes networking simple
* 10/100Base-T Ethernet (Wide Area Network - WAN) port to connect a broadband modem (cable, DSL or other)
* Ability to provide enough coverage to wirelessly connect everyone in your home
* Room to expand and add users and peripherals
* Supports 3 different modes of operation: Wireless Distribution System (WDS), Client Bridge, and Ad-Hoc mode
* The WDS mode allows peer to peer communication with up to 4 other 802.11g wireless access points or wireless broadband routers
* Performance Enhanced: Wireless performance can be up to 35% faster than standard 802.11g networking (Sorry Palmeiro, this is not the same type of enhancer you are used to)
* Backwards compatible with 802.11g equipment (data rates up to 54Mbps) and 802.11b equipment (data rates up to 11Mbps)1
* Roam almost anywhere up to 328 feet inside the home and up to 1312 feet outside

Package Contents:

* Wireless Access Point
* Power adapter and cord
* Ethernet cable
* Base station stand
* Quick Start Guide
* CD-ROM containing Installation Wizard, User Guide and access to special online bonus offers

For more information, please visit this products webpage.

*Edit I didn't know which forum this should be in, since it spans a few. So please move it if I posted in the wrong one.

Ah. A Woot! mimic. Well, mimicry is the highest form of flattery, yadda yadda. Hey, OP, do you know when/how often these guys change their item for sale? I don't see it anywhere on their site (e.g. Woot! updates once a day at midnight, CST).

[edit: oh, wait. I just spotted the little, tiny note that the current item changes in 5hrs. A countdown timer. How quaint. It's at the top of the page in little letters. I notice that their selection is somewhat limited (judging by their forum, in which their past items for sale are listed.) Do I want to sign up at a new site and fork over my credit card number to this bunch of college guys, to get a cheap wireless access point for the playstation2? ..hmm....]
:whistle2:k

[edit: like Woot!, these guys charge $5 flat for shipping and handling...but then, they want an extra $1 for shipping each additional item if you order more than one.]
:whistle2:?

I got my D-Link wireless router for $30, and that thing is kickass. The router would allow for more flexibility.

bread's done
Back