2GB Memory stick PD users, BEWARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

praystation

CAGiversary!
I called sandisk and the rep said the MSPD 2GB I bought from newegg is a fake one.

Question: How much space do you have when you first formatted the thing on your PSP? Mine reads 1950MB.

ALso the serial Number behind the card should read like this

XX****X

X= alphabet
*= numeral

Anything longer = fake

ALso try contacting sandisk yourself. (phone 1-866-726-3475)

My "fake one" has a long serial number that reads like this: XX********XX

[quote name='praystation']I called sandisk and the rep said the MSPD 2GB I bought from newegg is a fake one.

Question: How much space do you have when you first formatted the thing on your PSP? Mine reads 1950MB.

ALso the serial Number behind the card should read like this

XX****X

X= alphabet
*= numeral

Anything longer = fake

ALso try contacting sandisk yourself. (phone 1-866-726-3475)

My "fake one" has a long serial number that reads like this: XX********XX[/QUOTE]
Are you retarded?

....No memory stick, hard drive, or any other storage device EVER gets the full capacity. That is due to formatting and file systems and is inherent on EVERY LAST DRIVE YOU WILL EVER BUY.

You guys are stupid. The problem is NOT the space. I do know 2Gb memory stick does not give you 2000MB of space. I also do know 32 mb stick is actually 30 MB.

That is not the problem okay. The problem is: SOme people say the SPace should NOT read 1950MB, but it should read 1910 MB ONLY.
(LOL you guys are idiot, I wasn't even talking about the space as the problem here, LOL @ Craven_fiend, Strell, apokalipze2, Ugamer_X, and Mookyjooky).

[quote name='praystation']You guys are stupid. The problem is NOT the space. I do know 2Gb memory stick does not give you 2000MB of space. I also do know 32 mb stick is actually 30 MB.

That is not the problem okay. The problem is: SOme people say the SPace should NOT read 1950MB, but it should read 1910 MB ONLY.
(LOL you guys are idiot, I wasn't even talking about the space as the problem here, LOL @ Craven_fiend, Strell, apokalipze2, Ugamer_X, and Mookyjooky).[/quote]

This is how I'll always remember you now:

"LOL you guys are idiot"

I was trying to remind you guys with the possibilities of fake memory stick products on the market and this is all I get? You guys are really really stupid.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']This is how I'll always remember you now:

"LOL you guys are idiot"[/QUOTE]

WHAT U SAY?

I enjoy having "Craven_fiend, Strell, apokalipze2, Ugamer_X, and Mookyjooky the the dumbest CAGers I have ever met. " as his sig. I wear it proudly as a badge of honor.

Its up there in the realm of Mr.T wearing a shirt that says "Craven_fiend, Strell, apokalipze2, Ugamer_X, and Mookyjooky are the baddest mother f*ckers to ever exist"

[quote name='praystation']You guys are stupid. The problem is NOT the space. I do know 2Gb memory stick does not give you 2000MB of space. I also do know 32 mb stick is actually 30 MB.

(LOL you guys are idiot, I wasn't even talking about the space as the problem here, LOL @ Craven_fiend, Strell, apokalipze2, Ugamer_X, and Mookyjooky).[/QUOTE]

So...I guess you got 40mb extra since its fake? Thats pretty cool though that fake ones get more space...but it sucks that they are fake.

Thanks for the warning though, I'll be sure to pay attention when I eventually get a 2gb memory stick.

(LOL you guys are idiot, I wasn't even talking about the space as the problem here, LOL @ Craven_fiend, Strell, apokalipze2, Ugamer_X, and Mookyjooky).[/QUOTE]
My question still stands.

[quote name='whoknows']So...I guess you got 40mb extra since its fake? Thats pretty cool though that fake ones get more space...but it sucks that they are fake.

Thanks for the warning though, I'll be sure to pay attention when I eventually get a 2gb memory stick.[/quote]

Actually, he may find that he's getting screwed out of about a gig of space. Reading that post that was linked by ziutek, it looks like the fake ones may not have their shown capacity and really only have a 1 GB capacity. I would say return it from where you got it. Sorry dude.

all the OP's idiocy aside, there have been counterfeits, if Newegg is selling them that's kind of disturbing.

However it is typical for Sandisk to have specific sku's that are longer than the model # with the model # included in it. I have a feeling the OP might be blind.

for example

http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__SanDisk_2GB_Secure_Digital_Card,__9860854\

SKU:SDSDB2048A10

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Item(1086)-SDSDB-2048-SanDisk_Standard_SD_Card_2GB.aspx

SDSDB-2048

They always add a few units to differentiate differnent batches.

So as you see on newegg's site the only 2GB s

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820191430

SDMSPD-2048-A10

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820191427

SDMSG-2048-A10

So everything looks in order to me and OP is probably being stupid.

Say what again motherfucker. Come on, say it again. I double dare you motherfucker. Say what one more time. What does Marcellus look like? Does he look like a bitch?

[quote name='menikmati']Say what again motherfucker. Come on, say it again. I double dare you motherfucker. Say what one more time. What does Marcellus look like? Does he look like a bitch?[/quote]

... :lol: where did that come from?

LOL WE'RE IDIOT!!!! And WOuldn't you be happy with 40mb of extra space?

Maybe we're too IDiot.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']... :lol: where did that come from?[/quote]

Pulp Fiction, I slaughtered it though and tried to think of the "What?" scene off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back