2GB SD Card $15 after MIR. $20 Shipped Great for Wii!

i don't see google check out anywhere? and it doesn't look out of stock...hmmm...i shall venture in deeper!

EDIT: OK! i see it but somethings not letting me do it...any idea whats going on?

[quote name='animemaniac14']i don't see google check out anywhere? and it doesn't look out of stock...hmmm...i shall venture in deeper!

EDIT: OK! i see it but somethings not letting me do it...any idea whats going on?[/quote]

Are you using firefox or IE? Firefox doesn't work with Buy.com for me for whatever reason.

Treid to grab this one today, but was told got this when trying to use Google Checkout:

We're sorry, one or more of the items in your basket do not allow the use of this service.

Any ideas?

received the same message as mbartholow. would've been a nice deal though. tried using both firefox and ie. only other payment option highlighted was the paypal icon. wahhhhhhh. :(

[quote name='Indonesia']how long usually you will get the rebate?[/quote]

12-14 weeks. If you get them, I have filled out rebates before that I have never rcvd and I know for a fact I filled them out correctly.

[quote name='gundamxzero']12-14 weeks. If you get them, I have filled out rebates before that I have never rcvd and I know for a fact I filled them out correctly.[/QUOTE]

Keep copies of you rebates you send, I mean even $5 rebates goes a long way when you have 10 of them. I keep track of all my rebates...the forms you fill out have 800 numbers you can call to follow up.

FYI: Buy.com also has Kingston 1GB SD Cards for $10 A/R & Google Checkout.

You'll need to buy 2 to get the Google Discount, but there's conveniently a limit of 2 per rebate, so it's $56 - $10 Google - $26 MIR = $20/2 A/R

I would much rather spend $10/GB on Kingston, I know their rebates are reliable, and the brand is trustworthy.
http://www.buy.com/prod/Kingston_1GB_Secure_Digital_Card_SD/q/loc/101/202743519.html

Rebate Link:
http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/retail/pdfs/06Q4/1106-1111ml_multikingston.pdf

Just another option, when it's all said and done, I couldn't care less about brands, but I've read some bad reviews on a few shady brands of SD Cards lately, namely the one that sold out for $3 A/R on Buy.com a few days ago...

Thanks for the heads up on the cards guys! I went with the Kingston one as I've trusted them with my computer parts for a few years now and know them to be reliable and at 5 bucks for what the "official" Wii ones running at 50 for the same thing, it's a dream.

Thanks!

just ordered the kingstone, sweet. 2 questions if anyone knows:
1. Has anyone had a problem w/ google checkout interfering w/ rebates?

2. Does the Wii have the capability to store saves internally? I seem to remember seeing that, and that the SD cards are just for memory "expansion".

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Zmonkay']just ordered the kingstone, sweet. 2 questions if anyone knows:
1. Has anyone had a problem w/ google checkout interfering w/ rebates?

2. Does the Wii have the capability to store saves internally? I seem to remember seeing that, and that the SD cards are just for memory "expansion".

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I believe it has 512mb of internal memory that can be used for saves along with the SD cards.

I would have to guess that the packing list/receipt you'll receive will be from buy.com not from google checkout. It still is buy.com selling and shipping for you. I'm guessing it's a non-issue but we'll see.

And yes Wii has 512 built in, but if you want a bunch of VC games and as being seen in ExciteTruck you can use the card for MP3s and make custom soundtracks. Not necessary but for an added $5.00 to add pretty much unlimited save/misc. space it's a steal.

Cool deal, ordered the Kingston.

Also, for anyone that has a Citibank card, Google will give you $5 dividend dollars towards your Citibank card. So, with that in mind (and if it goes through), I just got the card for free!

Thanks to all who answered my question. I was asking because it's free shipping if you choose the longer shipping time, but then I wouldn't have it in time for Sunday. But since there is internal memory, I'm set. THANKS

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered the Kingston card. Fourth order now thru Google checkout. They need to end this deal for good before I start buying more. I do need a few Wii games. How many games do you think you will be able to save on a 1gb card? And everyones sure these cards will work?

Ordered the Kingston card too, thanks!!

EDIT: Did anybody else get two different order confirmations? One from Google Checkout and one from buy.com?

The e-mail from Google Checkout says my total is $22.18. My e-mail from buy.com says my total is $32.18. They also have different order numbers. I'm guessing one order number is the Google Checkout transaction number while the other is the order number as buy.com has it.

Is this normal? Will I be charged the $22 or the $32 price? I've only used Google Checkout once before and only got one order receipt/confirmation.

[quote name='Miranda']Ordered the Kingston card too, thanks!!

EDIT: Did anybody else get two different order confirmations? One from Google Checkout and one from buy.com?

The e-mail from Google Checkout says my total is $22.18. My e-mail from buy.com says my total is $32.18. They also have different order numbers. I'm guessing one order number is the Google Checkout transaction number while the other is the order number as buy.com has it.

Is this normal? Will I be charged the $22 or the $32 price? I've only used Google Checkout once before and only got one order receipt/confirmation.[/quote]

Yeah. If you want to check the status of your order, yo uwill have to use the google checkout numbers. Buy.com is 10 more, because google gives you the discount, not Buy.com(as in you pay google, google pays buy.com)

[quote name='moojuice']Yeah. If you want to check the status of your order, yo uwill have to use the google checkout numbers. Buy.com is 10 more, because google gives you the discount, not Buy.com(as in you pay google, google pays buy.com)[/quote]

Thanks for the info! :)

I'm not too into mail-in rebates, so I thought I'd post my find today here (couldn't find a better place). Office Max has Toshiba SD cards on sale this week (Nov 12-19). I got a 2GB one for $35, but due to their new ink cartridge "trade-in" program I got it for just $20. No mail-in rebate required. I had 5 empty ink cartridges in an old printer I rarely use, so I took those in for $3 apiece. Not bad considering I used to mail them in (for free) with the Best Buy postage paid recycler envelopes.

I'm not too familiar with SD cards and appropriate prices, since I deal with CompactFlash and Pro Duo's with the devices I have. But it seemed $35 wasn't too bad, and $20 was a great price for a 2GB name-brand card (as opposed to some of those "off-brand" ones Fry's has on sale sometimes). It was especially sweet when I went in to Best Buy afterwards and saw they were selling 2GB SD cards for $99.99 :lol:. I know that price is ridiculous, but some people will shell out for that when picking up the Wii next weekend.

In any case, I'm all set for Wii storage now for a while, since I don't anticipate getting too many VC games (I'll put alot of pictures on there though).

(Edit - many people will be overpaying for the memory card because they are thinking in the 'old way' - that the memory card is both proprietary and required for the Wii. I saw some kid who missed the Wii system preorders at EB nonetheless drop $60 to reserve a 1GB card, which is nothing more than a Sandisk SD card made in white with the word "Wii" on it. Looking at EB's web site, they have the 2GB for $99.99!).

Oh come on, everyone.. you mean to tell me $59.99 isn't a good deal? It says "Wii" on it so it HAS to be better somehow!!

bread's done
Back