2nd Annual Summer of Arcade -800 pt rebates are being sent out check your points!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
Release dates and prices announced:
7/22: TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-shelled - 1200 points
7/29: MvC2 - 1200 points
[/QUOTE]

Very happy to hear the release dates.

TMNT and MvC2 for me, the others I'll have to try before I buy.

Castle Crashers Topic: I got my file Items deleted in Castle Crashers WAY into playing it... like MONTHS later... and you know what? It didn't both me all that much.

I can see people not liking it, but CC really is like a milestone of Digital games. It's like the Mario's and Zelda's of the world: Not everyone LIKES them, sure, but anyone should be able to see WHY those games stand out, in their genres. You should be able to feel the value and quality of gameplay, even if you dislike the wrappings or some glitches.

Current Summer of Arcade Topic: Anyone see the Trailer to Trials HD?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGUvbNYOb5E&fmt=22

It's still not the kinda game I get instantly, but I do admit, it has that old skool "Even if you DON'T like (subject/verb), this game is pure fun!" angle to it. Look more polished than the video I saw of PC's Trials 2, as well (It might just be me / that one video, but the jittery arms of the player character in PC one looked sloppy, this guy here looks more solid.)

It's also got stage creation, and the ability to share your stages (dunno if it's with friends or with everyone, but they stress that it's free...)

'splosion Man, also, looks cooler (hotter? Explodier?) everytime I see it... Good thing it's so cheap! 50 Single player Missions, and 50 Co-Op missions for up to 4 players... Yay, NOT just POINTLESSLY BREAKING THE MAIN GAME, for the sake of TACKED ON CO-OP! That makes it's value shoot up! He has a LOT of personality and animation... I kinda got the feeling I was watching a twisted Animaniacs cartoon, while watching actual gameplay...

3 of those games were going to be impulse buys for me (TMNT, MvC2, and Trials HD), but now....I dunno. MvC2 will be a day one purchase, but TMNT at that price...I think I would wait. Unless a majority of friends get it, then I guess I'll probably get it at that price.

Points is not a problem for me since I have 4XXX left and I got those through promos and contests, but 1200pr is a bit hard to swallowfor something I would play for a while and not be able to trade it.

Shadow Complex looks good. Not sure if I'll get MvC2. That was the only fighter I was willing to play in the arcade even though I wasn't that good.

Microsoft wants to pay you $10 for purchasing all five of the games showcased in this year's Summer of Arcade promotion. U.S. Xbox 360 owners who shell out the 5600 Microsoft Points necessary to net them Splosion Man, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, Turtles in Time Re-shelled, Trials HD, and Shadow Complex between now and August 31st will get an extra 800 Microsoft points added to their account, basically cancelling out the price of Splosion Man. From a monetary standpoint, it amounts to getting $80 worth of Microsoft points for $70, which is a pretty good deal no matter how you look at it. Of course, if you don't buy all five games you get nothing, but that's the price you pay for not paying the price for everything.

http://feeds.gawker.com/~r/kotaku/full/~3/xC9Uvft1x04/buy-the-summer-of-arcade-get-10-back

I haven't seen anything official from MS or MajorNelson on this yet though.

The 2nd Annual Summer of Arcade is too hot to handle! Stay Cool and play in the shade with an additional 800 Microsoft Points!

Its summer time and Xbox LIVE Arcade is starting to heat up. In an effort to cool down, we’re shedding points…800 points to be exact. All you have to do is purchase all five Summer of Arcade titles below between July 22 and August 31 and you’ll receive 800 Microsoft Points on us! It’s that easy…

Purchase your games prior to 11:59 pm ET on August 31, and 800 Microsoft Points will be added back into your account. To participate in the Microsoft Points giveaway, you must be a resident of the U.S. For the full Terms and Conditions, please visit www.xbox.com/summerofarcade.

Last year, Xbox LIVE Arcade marked a new era of quality downloadable games during the first annual Summer of Arcade program. This year Xbox LIVE Arcade is at it again! Play original Xbox 360 exclusives like the award-winning “Shadow Complex,” fresh and fun games like “Splosion Man,” remade classics like “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles™: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled” and get your heart racing with “Trials HD,” nominated for GameSpy’s Best Downloadable Game of E3 award.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/20399/Get-800-MS-Points-by-Buying-All-Summer-of-Arcade-Titles/

There we go.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/20399/Get-800-MS-Points-by-Buying-All-Summer-of-Arcade-Titles/

There we go.[/QUOTE]

Yea, this is awesome. I wanted to get Splosion Man, Shadow Complex, and Marvel vs Capcom 2 no matter what already, but my beef was that Trials HD and Ninja Turtles both looked like they were priced 5 dollars too much each. With this kicking in, it pretty much balances it back out to how much I would've been willing to spend on them. So woot, guess I'm getting all 5 now.

Maybe I'll finally get E4 with the 800 'free' MS points.

I'm still undecided on TMNT, but this price drop definitely helps the impulse buy when it's released. Also, about the bonus points for buying all five, already have MvC2 and will for sure get shadow and trials, but splosion man just doesn't look that fun. I played the demo, and, meh...

very happy about this being dropped in price, not only will my friends probably get it
but the 800 points back will seem like i got one of the games for free

I wasn't so sure about shadow and trails also but I'm sure it'll be worth it

[quote name='Nelo Ice']and tmnt is 800 pts now!
http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/100/1009409p1.html

im buyin all 5 games for sure now![/QUOTE]

!!! Wait! They lowered it to the price I wanted it all along, AND still giving away 10 dollars worth of points?! Good god Microsoft, sometimes you're pretty okay by my book. Was gonna buy all 5 after the 10 dollar deal anyway, so woot! This is fantastic!

Hmm. That price drop on TMNT2 not only makes my purchase a lot more likely, it also sort of makes me want to purchase all 5 of the games now. Waiting to see how Shadow Complex is received.

cant seem to find a trials hd thread sooo
it got a 9.0 from eurogamer!
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/trials-hd-review?page=1

But the fact is Trials HD does have all the rest. It may cost a hearty 1200 Microsoft Points (£10.20 / 14.40), but even playing it from start to end will take hours, and it's a game built for endless replay and community expansion beyond that. It may not have some of the PC features, like ghosts and multiple camera angles, but neither change intrudes on the experience. It may be on a gamepad, which is slightly less exact than the three-fingers-on-the-directional-buttons of the PC version, but Trials pros will be able to emulate the majority of their feats within a few hours of practice. And it seems to me those are the only slight issues. Otherwise it's wonderfully designed, justifies the price, and may end up being the best thing on Xbox Live Arcade all year. If you're in any doubt, there's even a trial version. Thud.

Figured i'd ask this in this thread, can you buy the codes for these games from amazon to get the 800 points back? As long as you have all of these redeemed on your account before sept 1st?

[quote name='BackInBlack']Figured i'd ask this in this thread, can you buy the codes for these games from amazon to get the 800 points back? As long as you have all of these redeemed on your account before sept 1st?[/QUOTE]

yes

actually u have to get it before the end of the day today

Limit one (1) gift per person. To qualify for your gift, you must purchase all five (5) games from Xbox LIVE Arcade using your Xbox LIVE account, by August 31, 2009 11:59 EST.

800 points deposited in my account.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Nothing for me :whistle2:(...I did buy Trials HD though Amazon maybe Amazon purchases don't count.[/QUOTE]You had either buy them from Xbox.com or on the 360 console. Amazon doesn't count, sorry.

bread's done
Back