2nd CAG SSBB Tournament!!! - Currently: FINAL MATCH - JMG!!! vs Peachachu

[quote name='Strell']Duel Aura Stars knocked us out. :]

We ended up playing with a lvl 9 AI on my side, and each time, it ended up coming down to the comp vs Maigoyume's final Lucario.

It's so hard to play team matches with FF on! I think I knocked out my comp once, and I know I saw the same thing happen for DAS. :]

Anyway, I had great fun in this tourney. Sorry that seemingly every match was wrought with technologic/logistic issues.

On behalf of DASboot, I bow to Duel Aura and wish them luck in the rest of the tourney![/quote]
You put forth a valiant effort and those were some fun matches

I accidentally smoked renald a few times, at least it evened out

Strell and amigo still owe us a rematch later, just to set the record straight :cool:

Thanks to a fantastic team and a great CAG :D

[quote name='eliter1']The only thing Brawl is missing is the ability to watch your friend's matches.[/quote]

I did save the replay of one of our matches last night, I'm not sure if it was for the tournament or not but it was definitely one of the shorter matches as it was under 3 mins. I think I can send it too.

[quote name='dastly75']I did save the replay of one of our matches last night, I'm not sure if it was for the tournament or not but it was definitely one of the shorter matches as it was under 3 mins. I think I can send it too.[/quote]

Nice, could you please send it to me. I didn't save any of the mathces I played last night:cry: and I played 4+ hours

[quote name='eliter1']Nice, could you please send it to me. I didn't save any of the mathces I played last night:cry: and I played 4+ hours[/quote]

Yeah I'll try to send it out when I have a free moment.

Hey SHOW US YOUR MOVES,

Joe's Mad Goo hasn't heard any reply from you guys yet. Is your team ready to get demolished or are you all wimping out on us?

I got work this week, but I know that me and Arikado would be more than happy to clean up that ugly smirk in ya'lls sigs. I get off work this friday around 4-ish, and if things work out, I'll be ready to play around 6-ish. All Pacific time, of course.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I got work this week, but I know that me and Arikado would be more than happy to clean up that ugly smirk in ya'lls sigs. I get off work this friday around 4-ish, and if things work out, I'll be ready to play around 6-ish. All Pacific time, of course.[/quote]

*cries* I sha'nt forgive.

Now, I'll be happy to play tomorrow, anytime after 7PM MST works for me. :) Hope you two are ready for a pummeling.

Oh, and guys, I flipped a coin for the one match that went unplayed. Calcium Fortified Apple Juice Moves on!

Sorry about any setbacks Joe and Goo, but its hard when someone disappears on ya =/. Anyways trying to contact new opponent now.

The SHOW US YOUR GOO match should take place within the next hour. :) Once goo gets back home, we'll start. If he's for some reason unavailable in the next half hour, David is online, so we'll play (if that's okay with David).

[quote name='evergoo']I'm back guys.

Where's Mr. Beef? Is he ready to be grilled?[/QUOTE]

He went to grab food. Said he'd be back online afterwards.

Tonight's matchup with :whee: has ended with a decisive defeat for The Grey Storm.

Here's the breakdown:

Round 1: Smashville
TGS-Olimar/Lucario vs :whee:-Game & Watch/Link
Winner: :whee:

Round 2: Smashville
TGS-Pit/Toon Link vs :whee:-Game & Watch/Link

Dyeknom had a killer Game & Watch with good teamwork coming from Daisydog. Good game guys and congratulations!

:applause::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::applause:

Smashville is fun and it didn't lag much at all (compared to how that scrolling background on FD does). Daisydog had to go asap, and I already made us late by getting locked out of the house >.

Calcium Fortified Apple Juice VS Dual Aura Stars

DAS ended up the victor and since I absolutely suck at remembering details during the match, I'll let either renald, zero or fish pick it up.

Very good games though, those were some close matches.

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD.

I love evergoo.

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD.

Holy fuck'n cow! What a miracle. I don't even know how I survived against Mr. Beef and Arikado.

Now I can die a happy man \\:D/. If only someone recorded it :pray:.

Anyways, epic matches and see you guys in the finals (yep, you heard it here).

Okay, now that I've calmed down a bit (I was LITERALLY jumping around the basement), here's the battle results.

@ Yoshi's Island: Joe's Mad Goo!!! (R.O.B. and Dedede) d. SHOW US YOUR MOVES (Falco and Lucario)

This one was pretty evenly matched. Beef was eliminated first, leaving me and Goo to finish off Kado's Falco. We got him down to one life before I was killed, leaving a two-life R.O.B. versus a one-life Falco. Goo took him down, but not without some trouble.

@ Final Destination: Joe's Mad Goo!!! (R.O.B. and Dedede) d. SHOW US YOUR MOVES (Falco and Kirby)

Okay, this was crazy. The match quickly swung in SUYM's favor. I was eliminated first, leaving a one-life Goo to deal with both Kado and Beef. The odds are not in Goo's favor. Goo manages to eliminate Beef, leaving the same match-up from the previous round. This time, the two are evenly matched. Kado manages to rack up R.O.B. to around 190%, while being at 140% himself. Goo and Kado exchange projectiles, and at one point, Falco even gets R.O.B. in a grab. But guess what? Goo retaliates, hitting Kado with a B-Air, eliminating Falco! 2v1? No problem for Goo!!!

@ ?, we got beat. But I was too distracted from my love for evergoo, so I don't remember the details.

[quote name='Mad D']:whee:[/quote]

Exactly.

[quote name='JoeB1233']Okay, now that I've calmed down a bit (I was LITERALLY jumping around the basement), here's the battle results.

@ Yoshi's Island: Joe's Mad Goo!!! (R.O.B. and Dedede) d. SHOW US YOUR MOVES (Falco and Lucario)

This one was pretty evenly matched. Beef was eliminated first, leaving me and Goo to finish off Kado's Falco. We got him down to one life before I was killed, leaving a two-life R.O.B. versus a one-life Falco. Goo took him down, but not without some trouble.

@ Final Destination: Joe's Mad Goo!!! (R.O.B. and Dedede) d. SHOW US YOUR MOVES (Falco and Kirby)

Okay, this was crazy. The match quickly swung in SUYM's favor. I was eliminated first, leaving a one-life Goo to deal with both Kado and Beef. The odds are not in Goo's favor. Goo manages to eliminate Beef, leaving the same match-up from the previous round. This time, the two are evenly matched. Kado manages to rack up R.O.B. to around 190%, while being at 140% himself. Goo and Kado exchange projectiles, and at one point, Falco even gets R.O.B. in a grab. But guess what? Goo retaliates, hitting Kado with a B-Air, eliminating Falco! 2v1? No problem for Goo!!!

@ ?, we got beat. But I was too distracted from my love for evergoo, so I don't remember the details.

Exactly.[/quote]:whee:

also Joe stop getting eliminated first in second matches ;):lol:

[quote name='JoeB1233']Okay, now that I've calmed down a bit (I was LITERALLY jumping around the basement), here's the battle results.

@ ?, we got beat. But I was too distracted from my love for evergoo, so I don't remember the details.[/QUOTE]

I was jumping up and down, pumping my fist, and even told my gf how epic that comeback match was.

You should have seen it Mad D. Seriously.

But honestly, TEAM SHOW US YOUR MOVES fought with all their hearts. They deserve lots of :applause: :applause: :applause:

[quote name='evergoo']
Anyways, epic matches and see you guys in the finals (yep, you heard here).[/quote]

:(

fuckin' stupid of me to try to usmash BOTH times against ROB's nair in the first round and bair in the second. Guess I overestimated Falco's priority. I was feeling it that first round, too, after Joe's last stock got knocked out. Thought I might have been able to pull the comeback off. In the second round, I thought Goo was going to dodge and then land, so I went for the usmash and ate that bair instead. Falco has a stronger throw, that second round would've been over on more than one occasion.

Hate to lose in a heartbreaking fashion like that, but shit happens. We're still alive though, so we'll hopefully see you guys again soon after making some adjustments.

Good games, and good luck the rest of the way.

Good bonus matches afterwards as well.

[quote name='Lbgrowl']

Dyeknom had a killer Game & Watch with good teamwork coming from Daisydog. Good game guys and congratulations!

:applause::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::applause:[/quote]
Thank you. You guys are pretty tough :applause: Those games were a ton of fun!

I try to leave Dyeknom to do his own thing since he's better at edge guarding. That, and I'd get hit in the face with a frying pan if I got too close. But he was awesome and that kept us on top. :D

[quote name='UltimoRey']protip: don't let Grey Storm pick Smashville. That's how we lost too[/quote]
Don't confuse me like that! :whee: I could have sworn we won :lol:

I thought I had more practice than that. Man, I was gettin grilled by my roommates after that, too. Good games though, only means I need to practice more, on and offline.

[quote name='Rig']Have either of you guys added FallMoon?

(2750-0760-0334)

We are both online and ready![/QUOTE]

I added both of you but only see Fallmoon right now. As soon as Zitanix gets online, we'll be ready to go.

[quote name='Rig']Have either of you guys added FallMoon?

(2750-0760-0334)

We are both online and ready![/QUOTE]

I see both of you guys now. How long do you want to wait on Zitanix?

[quote name='wjhard63']I see both of you guys now. How long do you want to wait on Zitanix?[/quote]

I should be here for a few more hours...so I guess I can wait however long.

I assume FallMoon can wait too. *shrugs*

[quote name='Rig']I should be here for a few more hours...so I guess I can wait however long.

I assume FallMoon can wait too. *shrugs*[/QUOTE]

Cool, well I'll wait on him for about 30 more minutes - if he's not on by 1 a.m., I think I'm going to call it a night, as I have to get up early tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience!

[quote name='FallMoon']Wow. I have no idea why it's so hard for him to get on Brawl.[/QUOTE]

I think he's on pretty regularly - this seems odd for him.

[quote name='zitanix']Yeah, sorry about that. I'm back now. I'll add Fallmoon and then host?[/quote]

That's good. She had you added.

Yeah, you were pretty bad. Couldn't you have been, you know, a little better?

Kidding! That was really fun, and you guys are the best team we've battled so far.

bread's done
Back