2Player/Multiplayer Games

Skitzle

CAGiversary!
Hey Guys,

So my friend and I just bough X-men legends 2, Star Ocean, and Burnout's Revenge cause we were looking for some fun games to play at the same time. (turns out star oceans 2-player mode is BS).

In any case we were incredibly not satisfied with any of them.

You have any reccomdendations of some time consuming 2-player/Multi Player games?

Champions of Norrath, and its sequel, Champions: Return to Arms.

Both 3/4 view (like Xmen legends) action rpgs. Basically hack and slash dungeon crawls with all the rpg trimmings.

and from the same company, and in the same style, Baldurs Gate 1&2. But I like the Norrath games alot better.

If your into oldschool schmups, I think Castle Shikigami 2 is coop, and its only $10, or $50 at Walmart. ;)

[quote name='Puffa469']Champions of Norrath, and its sequel, Champions: Return to Arms.

Both 3/4 view (like Xmen legends) action rpgs. Basically hack and slash dungeon crawls with all the rpg trimmings.

and from the same company, and in the same style, Baldurs Gate 1&2. But I like the Norrath games alot better.

If your into oldschool schmups, I think Castle Shikigami 2 is coop, and its only $10, or $50 at Walmart. ;)[/quote]

For Skitzle, if you dislike X-men Legends 2, DO NOT, DO NOT get Champions of Norrath nor its sequel. You will find that it's just like X-men and not only that, but you must have the patience of waiting for your other teammates to regularly check their inventory and/or level up which takes about 1-2 min each person. That could mean anywhere from 4-5 min of just sitting around. Sure, it's a great game, but so is X-men Legends 2, and if you don't like that style, you just don't like that style - try to steer clear from Champs of Norrath. You'd have more fun with another friend in ol' school Golden Axe.

If you haven't tried it yet, go to Gamecrazy and tell them to let you check out Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi. It's one of the most simplest fighting games since Super Smash Bros Melee but the tier level and learning curve are not that steep - anyone who plays that game and mastered it can still lose to someone who only plays it sparsely because it's all about setting up for beam attacks which is simply L2+Triangle - if you are not careful you can lose to a kid that uses just that simple move. It's very action packed and I've been in matches that last mere 20 seconds to matches that have a lot of cat and mouse strategies and mind games that last 3 minutes. Just don't buy it at Gamecrazy, it's still $44 used, go to Gamestop, $26.99 used, if you like it that is. Honestly, I just got the game recently and it has been one of my best investments for a very long time.

I myself love multiplayer games but ,like you, everything I've come across, X-men, racing games, 4-player hack and slash like Champs of Norrath, these don't invoke the same feeling of the yesteryears of "Pass me the controller! You just lost, I know his strategy, let me beat him!" Super Smash Bros Melee came close but the tier level was too steep, that once someone learns the advanced tactics, it's 99% game over for all of his casual game playing friends. Dragonball Z BT is the only game that ever comes close to the SNES/N64 multiplayer mayhem days. It's like Goldeneye - you could master it, but you'll still walk into a proximity bomb or a beginner's bullet in the face no matter how good you are.

Oh yeah, and this is off-topic, but if you do have a circle of friends that like to waste alot of time together by doing shit (that's what we do! hehe), you might want to look into Risk 2210 A.D. the board game. Our social life and relationships within our circle of friendship has changed dramatically, moreso than when I announced I was gay.

JK HAHHHAAHAHHAHA sorry, if anyone is offended, it's just a joke. But yes, that game has totally changed the dynamic of our social gatherings. Just my warning: that board game WILL cause tension, yes, real life tension.

get Def Jam Fight For New York for $19.99

awesome game single player, awesome game multiplayer

recommended even if you don't like rap/hip hop...but if you do, it's a plus...the fighting engine is fun enough that it's not required that you are hip hop fans

Midway Arcade Treasures 3 featuring San Francisco Rush 2049. It has mult racing, mult stunt mode, mult battle mode, friends and I waisted hours playing that back on the N64 and dreamcast.

A Dynasty Warriors game is less focused on stats and more focused on kicking 20 guy's asses with a single swipe, we had fun co-oping on that.

Timesplitters games are fun for co-op or deathmatch, same with Twisted Metal.

If you feel like investing in guns, there are a couple of decent gun games like Vampire Night.

Then War of the Monsters is a blast.

yea, twisted metal black coop is awesome..you guys will be all pissed at each other (in a good, fun way) when one of you uses up all the teams lives trying to beat the bosses together :) ahh..good times

007 everything or nothing has a great co-op mode. cookie and cream is mostly co-op, but also has a weird vs. mode in it. i think the game is hard to find though.

I'm assuming this is just strictly PS2 games right? Well here are some of my suggestions, hope this list helps:

1. The Warriors (a must for the surprisingly good Co-op):applause:
2. Gradius V (2P Coop is really fun; steep learning curve if you've never tried the series before):D
3. Contra: Shattered Soldier (Co-op might get you REALLY frustrated):bomb:
4. Lego Star Wars (a bit easy and fun, but can get tedious and repetitive; I think you can transport saved data to the next installment that will cover the original series):)
5. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (2P Coop is pretty fun; can get slow at times):)
6. WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 (Tons of matches to play through; one of the better wrestling games out now):applause:
7. Star Wars: Battlefront II (Not sure how smooth the PS2 version runs but fun multiplayer; can run through the main campaign cooperatively):applause:
8. Metal Slug 4/5 (Old school side scrolling shoot-em up; but takes the challenge away by giving you infinite continues):)

I think I have some of these titles up for $$/trade. Just CML.

bread's done
Back