3 Days until PSP launch.....................Who's buying???

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormshadow

CAGiversary!
I was just curious to see how many people are planning on buying this when it comes out? I saw a couple polls online and the majority of the people said they didn't plan on getting one. I myself am getting one and wanted to see if the major consensus was with me on this...........

Nope.....I really have no need for handheld systems. I'd rather play my XBOX.

I was tempted though since I have $150+ credit at GameRush....but I thought better. I'd rather use it for current XBOX games or save it for XBOX2

I would LOVE to get one, but I can't justify it at the moment. My birthday is Friday, but I am not holding out hope that I'll get one since the only one who knows I want one is my wife and there is no way she'd buy it for me. Plus the games are too damn expensive. If games were $30 I would probably be more likely to pick it up at or close to launch. Until there are grade A games available for around $20 I am holding off. Maybe I'll treat myself next year for my Bday.

Had a Japanese import and sold it. Needless to say the honeymoon ended quickly.

Initial cool factor is high, after that you realize you spent an ass load of money you could've used for something else.

Might get one after a price drop. Only one game sounds innovative: Infected. Will wait for reviews before consideration.

I'm getting one for sure. Already have World Tour Soccer, Twisted Metal, and Wipeout. Since I find myself away from home half of the time, It will be nice to have a cool portable console.

Awaiting price drop as well. Want wipeout pure because I'm a whore for the series, but other than the one game, that after playing, only semi-like (would much prefer it on PS2, having it on a big screen would kick ass, and would buy in a heartbeat), I can't see spending over $300 for a game.

[quote name='dschroll']I'm getting one solely for ebay purposes. I have no interest in one until some must have games come out.[/quote]

I don't see how this is a good idea...

I'm getting one. I have Ridge Racer, Twisted Metal, and Lumines pre-ordered. Hope to pick up Darkstalkers and THUG 2 at some point as well.

I'm getting 2 as the mutliplayer aspects are the only reason why I am currently interested, besides for Metal Gear Acid. Anyhow, I'll be picking up 2. One pre-ordered, and the other wherever I can stumble upon one.

Not getting one, yet.

Already have a DS, N-Gage, and MP3 player, so I see no need for a nother handheld. If some incredible games come out for it and I can get the system for

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Definitely getting one, it's already paid-off. Too many good games, and features. Plus I'm handheld crazy, I love portable gaming.[/quote]

Same here, already paid-off my PSP order. Just waiting to pick it up on Thursday morning when EB opens.

[quote name='XCutioner93'][quote name='Chris in Cali']Definitely getting one, it's already paid-off. Too many good games, and features. Plus I'm handheld crazy, I love portable gaming.[/quote]

Same here, already paid-off my PSP order. Just waiting to pick it up on Thursday morning when EB opens.[/quote]

I hear ya. I went and preordered Lumines and Tiger Woods yesterday and all I can think was how fun its going to be to walk in on thursday and pick up a system and 2 games with no money out of pocket. Definetly will be one of the largest single purchases I've ever made (aside from car or furniture).

Now, do I take my $23 at gamestop and go preorder Metal Gear Ac!d too?

Not getting one.

However, I am picking up two games sometime soon. So, when I do get one I will have something to play.

Chris

[quote name='jer7583']Plus I don't trust sony's launch hardware, nobody else should either. You're just gambling with buying launch sony hardware.[/quote]

That goes for any 1st generation technology. I'm sure all the bugs from this round will be reported, Sony will alter prouction to fix, and then the debugged version will be on the shelf.

[quote name='phatbunbao']I'm still undecided!!! someone try to convince me!!![/quote]

If you don't get one, your testicles will fall off.

I preordered through overstock.com for 25 bucks less than the MSRP how could I not atleast try it. It's not likely to drop any lower than that for another 6 months or more.

I'm thinking about it still. So far my DS has proven to be little more than a bulky paperweight, and $250 bucks on just the system is a bit steep to me. But at the same time... it's so pretty...

Thursday cant come fast enough.

My Aerocase arrived in the mail today. I got my screen protector last week.

Have the PSP, Warranty, Luminies, Ridge Racers paid off. (TRU/EB Deal)

Did the EB deal and have three more games paid off, Ape Escape, ATV and MLB. Will probably turn ATV into MGS or Untold Legends. While I use MLB to finish paying off Doom3 and Jade Empire. I'll keep Ape Escape.

Will be enjoying the gaming goodness known as PSP by Thursday afternoon.

That goes for any 1st generation technology. I'm sure all the bugs from this round will be reported, Sony will alter prouction to fix, and then the debugged version will be on the shelf.

I like how people keep saying this. It has already happened. The system launched in Japan months ago, and the USA versions have already adressed the problems that popped up (disc popping out issue, square button issue). The 1st revision has already been done!!!

I have my system pre-ordered, and I got Lumines, Brotherhood of the Blade, and Metal Gear Acid with my FYE credit that I paid next to nothing for. I'm a gaming fanatic...what can I say, I have all of the current gen systems, a DS, and now will be getting another slick portable system. Gaming life is good.

Technically we're still on the first version.

The disk pop issue was found to be a random occurance in some units brough on buy the type of force you wouldnt exert on a system in real life conditions, hardly something as bad as the DRE issue. and the Square button issue was a matter of extra plastic on the button durring manufactoring so there's no real differeance in the units.

But bare in mind that we havent heard anything new come out of japan so there likely wont be any serious issues with the american PSP either.

The only likely change for it in the comeing year would be a better battery and even that's turning out to be less of an issue than many people claimed it'd be.

I might go at around 11:30 to my local walmart to see if its crowded or not. If it is, i'll just wait until morning to buy it. Got 260 cash in my wallet right now and a best buy gift card which has like 70 bucks left in that my mom sent me for Christmas. If I can't get it at Best Buy, i'll go somewhere else. There will always be a place I can go.. I think. I traded in some crappy Xbox games for 3 PSP games, so I don't think i'll need any games or anything. I hope they come out with that Logitech Case soon though.

[quote name='secretvampire']The 1st revision has already been done!!!
[/quote]

[quote name='Alpha2']Technically we're still on the first version.
[/quote]

I don't think "revisions" or 2nd generations go into production so soon after initial launch. its been in japan for 6 month. that is probably not enough time to id a problem, re-engineer design to fix, and get to production. that doesn't even include how long it takes to get the 18 gazillion units on a boat and shipped to the states.

I'm following the advice of the stale fortune cookie I ate last night-- "Good things come to those who wait for price drops."

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='dschroll']I'm getting one solely for ebay purposes. I have no interest in one until some must have games come out.[/quote]

I don't see how this is a good idea...[/quote]

PSP will be in very limited quantity, or so they claim, so it could lead to a profit. That said, I'm not bothering to even try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back