3 free games with new PSP Go purchase in US, now through 3/31/2011

surak

CAGiversary!
Sony announced 3 free games (via PSN voucher) with US PSP Go purchase from today through March 31, 2011. Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/01/new-promotions-for-psp-this-june/

It seems that the games are LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters, and SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3.

They also introduced a line of "Favorites" software priced at $9.99, including these Sony published titles:

• Ape Escape: On the Loose
  • Buzz! Master Quiz
  • Hot Shots Golf Open Tee
  • LocoRoco 2
  • Patapon 2 (isn't this $8 or something on PSN??)
  • PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe (pretty sure that's the original price for the UMD)
  • SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo
  • Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
  • Twisted Metal: Head On
There will also be third-party published games like Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection, Silent Hill: Origins, and The Warriors.

I have Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters for my PSP 3000. I would jump on a PSP Go if the U.S. got something closer to like what the U.K. got.

Their post is ambiguous but I think it's a defined set of 3 games: LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters, and SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3. They call it the PSPgo "Digital Game Pack," an $80 value.

[quote name='surak']Their post is ambiguous but I think it's a defined set of 3 games: LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters, and SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3. They call it the PSPgo "Digital Game Pack," an $80 value.[/QUOTE]

Yeah reread it. It threw me off since it said "games such as."

Sorry... I can't see the link at work. Does it come packaged with the game or does it notice a new psp registered and automatically credit the account those games?

From the site:

If you purchase a PSPgo system from today through March 31, 2011, you will receive an e-mail with a PlayStation Network voucher to download three games absolutely free! With premiere titles such as LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters and SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3, the PSPgo “Digital Game Pack” offers you an $80 value while giving you access to a great variety of our biggest games to get you started gaming on-the-go.

Sounds like they send it after you first sign on to PSN.

Once again, Sony's American managers screw up compared to their European cohorts. In Europe the voucher for 10 free games was retroactive 30 days from the announcement, to be sure that recent PSP go owners wouldn't suddenly have "defective" units that got returned to retailers in order to get in on the deal.

Basically, everyone who purchased a PSP go in the last 30 days will now start taking them back, only to make a re-purchase.

This is not a good deal, don't think it's a good deal. Kiss the used game market and renting goodbye, if you want to play something you'll have to pay the no-doubt high PSN price, with only hopes of cheaper being a price drop and/or a sale, which happen very slowly on the PSN. Also keep in mind you don't actually "own" the games you buy, so god forbid if anything happened to your PSN account.

If the games they were offering for free and for $10 included basically the only games you want to play on the system, then yeah. Otherwise, no. And most importantly of all, there's quality PSP games that the developers refuse to allow to go download.

I realize renting and buying used doesn't support the developers, thus making the developers pissed off at the systems they develop for. But I consider trying to stop that to be really unfair, and DD is not the answer.

Has anybody been able to determine if this is valid with ANY PSPgo, or just the newer releases that mention it on the box? For example, if I were to pick up a PSPgo at a closing Gamecrazy with the liquidation discount, that has obviously been there for quite a while, do you still get the 3 free games? Thanks.

I'll never buy one, or for that matter, any console/portable that is exclusively digital until I am completely forced to. I like to own my software, not have a damn license for it.

Especially if I'm still paying full price. To hell with Sony. I'm glad the PSP Go was such a clusterfuck lol :p

[quote name='DeskLaser']Has anybody been able to determine if this is valid with ANY PSPgo, or just the newer releases that mention it on the box? For example, if I were to pick up a PSPgo at a closing Gamecrazy with the liquidation discount, that has obviously been there for quite a while, do you still get the 3 free games? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Sony didn't bother to put this in their announcement, but you can't just buy ANY PSP Go. From their technical support:

"Once you register your PlayStation(R)Network account on your PSP(R)go system the code will be sent to the Sign In ID(email address) that associated with that account. Emails with the voucher codes will be sent out Wednesdays on a weekly basis. Only consumers that purchase the PSPgo "Digital Game Pack" are eligible to receive the emailed voucher. We suggest that you check every Wednesday."

Sorry, but it looks like that Sony rep was misinformed. I purchased two of the standard PSP Go system on June 2nd, and my codes arrived this Wednesday.

Sorry for the misinformation posted earlier, but it came direct from their corporate response. looks like the left hand doesn't know whet the right hand is doing...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shattered']Sony didn't bother to put this in their announcement, but you can't just buy ANY PSP Go. From their technical support:

"Once you register your PlayStation(R)Network account on your PSP(R)go system the code will be sent to the Sign In ID(email address) that associated with that account. Emails with the voucher codes will be sent out Wednesdays on a weekly basis. Only consumers that purchase the PSPgo "Digital Game Pack" are eligible to receive the emailed voucher. We suggest that you check every Wednesday."[/QUOTE]

I have been looking for this info. Thank you Shattered. Scorch indicatecd that he thought this was the case but you just confirmed it.

I can now confirm this as well. I bought a liquidation PSPgo at Gamecrazy on Saturday (old style box, so old it didn't even have the rock band unplugged voucher in it), and just got my email today. The email just has one code in it.

[quote name='bgame2']I have been looking for this info. Thank you Shattered. Scorch indicatecd that he thought this was the case but you just confirmed it.[/QUOTE]

I apologize, it looks like that Sony rep was misinformed. I purchased two of the standard PSP Go system on June 2nd, and my codes arrived this Wednesday.

Sorry for the misinformation posted earlier, but it came direct from their corporate response. Looks like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing...

I keep going back and forth about the Go.

I can go an entire week wanting one, to the point of almost stopping on my way home from work to buy one, and then I'll talk sense into myself, realize the 3000 I have is fine, and go on with my day.

bread's done
Back