3 Months of Gold for $9.99 promo still active?

XxLady_AthenaxX

CAGiversary!
I'm just wondering if this promo is still available at the Spotlight on the Dashboard? The last time I saw it was on August 8th. I purchased it then, knowing it would go into effect today but it didn't. The reason being, according to the 3 reps I was on the phone with, is because I turned Auto-Renewal off, thus negating it from the queue.

One of them mentioned that the promo appears randomly to random people, which is understandable. It's just odd that I haven't seen it since the 8th, even though he claimed the promo is ongoing as of today's date.

Am I really just going to have to sit it out and hope I'm lucky one time I turn on my 360 and see it on the Spotlight? This is ridiculous, I want to get back on Monday Night Combat and Harmony of Despair but I'm now being subjected to an unknown amount of waiting time.

And, while I appreciate it, please don't suggest deals on Gold subscriptions. I wanted to take advantage of this deal specifically because it would last me until November 17th, after which I planned to switch to the new family plan that is set to appear the same month.

I just want to know if the promo is still available to anyone? Thanks much in advance.

[quote name='XxLady_AthenaxX']I'm just wondering if this promo is still available at the Spotlight on the Dashboard? The last time I saw it was on August 8th. I purchased it then, knowing it would go into effect today but it didn't. The reason being, according to the 3 reps I was on the phone with, is because I turned Auto-Renewal off, thus negating it from the queue.

One of them mentioned that the promo appears randomly to random people, which is understandable. It's just odd that I haven't seen it since the 8th, even though he claimed the promo is ongoing as of today's date.

Am I really just going to have to sit it out and hope I'm lucky one time I turn on my 360 and see it on the Spotlight? This is ridiculous, I want to get back on Monday Night Combat and Harmony of Despair but I'm now being subjected to an unknown amount of waiting time.

And, while I appreciate it, please don't suggest deals on Gold subscriptions. I wanted to take advantage of this deal specifically because it would last me until November 17th, after which I planned to switch to the new family plan that is set to appear the same month.

I just want to know if the promo is still available to anyone? Thanks much in advance.[/QUOTE]
Wait, so the problem is that you bought it on August 8th, was supposed to upgrade your XBL to gold today, it didn't, and you have to rebuy it?

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Wait, so the problem is that you bought it on August 8th, was supposed to upgrade your XBL to gold today, it didn't, and you have to rebuy it?[/QUOTE]
Not quite. It was purchased on August 8th, but no money was deducted from my debit card. I figured that it made sense, as the money was supposed to be deducted today when the 3 months goes into effect.

The thing is, they told me since I turned auto-renewal off, it negated me purchasing the 3 months for $9.99, basically saying it was off the queue and I had no type of renewal plan.

bread's done
Back