3 months of xbox live 9.99

sonic51489

CAGiversary!
I didn't see this posted anywhere else (if re-post please kindly let me know) but while I was signing in onto xbox live i noticed an ad on the dashboard in the spotlight section saying "Don't let Your gold Expire" 3 months for 9.99.

Like i said i didn't see this deal posted anywhere else so I just thought i should let all of you know.

pretty decent deal for a 3 month but a 12 month card is only $39.99 now at newegg with free shipping.

OT: Some people printed out the best buy text and showed to a manager and it worked.

This is a repost. It was a targeted ad and the dashboard. But it was a small thread

Thanks for this.

I don't have an easy way to get to BB so this is good for me. Plus, I'm betting Amazon will have a great deal on Xbox live for the holidays and I have some credit to use there.

30 dollars for XBL is still 30 dollars too much. MS needs to get with the program and offer online play at no charge, like their competitors. I'm all about PS3 online now, baby. MS got my donation for several years, but I put a stop to it, cold.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']30 dollars for XBL is still 30 dollars too much. MS needs to get with the program and offer online play at no charge, like their competitors. I'm all about PS3 online now, baby. MS got my donation for several years, but I put a stop to it, cold.[/QUOTE]

*hands you a cookie*

Personally, at one time I thought the same way as you, especially back when I owned a PS2. Though I will say, for all the added extras, infrastructure, and fan-base Windows has built with it's Live program, you truly are paying for what you get. Obviously being CAG'rs, it's always nice to get things for free, but at the end of the day, Live and PSN are night and day from one another.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC'] Obviously being CAG'rs, it's always nice to get things for free, but at the end of the day, Live and PSN are night and day from one another.[/QUOTE]

Thats one of the reasons why I bought a PS3, free online multiplayer. Though I have to admit, ever since I got the 360 Arcade from Walmart, I'm liking Live a lot more than PSN.

For the funds I've contributed over the years for XBL gold membership, it shouldn't take forever and a day to recover a gamertag.

[quote name='BaratoGamer']For the funds I've contributed over the years for XBL gold membership, it shouldn't take forever and a day to recover a gamertag.[/QUOTE]yea no kidding, it didnt use to be like that. I think it all started when they were having troubles with the live service a few years ago around the holidays.

I agree that XBL is a little better than PSN, but the gap is narrowing all the time. You are paying MS to play online peer to peer, which is bogus. I've been playing COD WaW2 on PS3 and it's running great, no problems. I don't play online nearly as much as I did a few years ago, so it's hard to justify throwing even more money at MS for a similar service I can get for free. With the money I spent for to play 360 online I could almost have paid for a new 360. That just ain't right to me.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']*hands you a cookie*

Personally, at one time I thought the same way as you, especially back when I owned a PS2. Though I will say, for all the added extras, infrastructure, and fan-base Windows has built with it's Live program, you truly are paying for what you get. Obviously being CAG'rs, it's always nice to get things for free, but at the end of the day, Live and PSN are night and day from one another.[/QUOTE]

Yeah xbox live is miles better then the PSN. Youe get party voice chat and voice messaging. Games are more stable. Everyone has good mics. I love my ps3 but sometime i know im getting what i pay for when i hear all the sloppy mics and diconnects. Ive never payed full price for xbox live so buying it isnt a issue. I just got a 12 month for $35 on ebay. couldnt do the deal because the lack of a phone with messaging on it. But still id gladly pay full price if i had to but i dont and $35 is well used for me =P

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I've been playing COD WaW2 on PS3 and it's running great, no problems.[/QUOTE]
I would love to play Call of Duty: World at War 2. Where can I get one? :lol:

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']I would love to play Call of Duty: World at War 2. Where can I get one? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I noticed I posted that wrong after I re-read it, but I wanted to leave it up there and see who the first person would be to notice..lol. Didn't take long!

Man, XBL is so much better than PSN it's not even funny. You can't even have private chats while playing a ps3 game. Not to mention, like someone said you get what you pay for. I use them both and typically PSN sucks, it's laggy, and no one uses a mic.

But PSN IS getting better. Maybe by next gen they will have their game beefed up.

^ Unless I'm on with a friend, I don't want to use a mic. Amazing the things some people say when they don't have to face you in person. I still much prefer 2P co-op anyway, and that's kind of dying because it's as if companies don't think gamers have friends anymore.

I'll consider Live for $9.99, I'd like to take Forza online.

[quote name='sonic51489']I didn't see this posted anywhere else (if re-post please kindly let me know) but while I was signing in onto xbox live i noticed an ad on the dashboard in the spotlight section saying "Don't let Your gold Expire" 3 months for 9.99.

Like i said i didn't see this deal posted anywhere else so I just thought i should let all of you know.[/QUOTE]
i was looking for the deal, it's not listed in the spotlight section

OT: If you need to wonder about why LIVE isn't a total ripoff, look no further than the Day 1 PSN server fiasco with Modern Warfare 2.

Like I said before, it's a targeted ad.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I agree that XBL is a little better than PSN, but the gap is narrowing all the time. You are paying MS to play online peer to peer, which is bogus. I've been playing COD WaW2 on PS3 and it's running great, no problems. I don't play online nearly as much as I did a few years ago, so it's hard to justify throwing even more money at MS for a similar service I can get for free. With the money I spent for to play 360 online I could almost have paid for a new 360. That just ain't right to me.[/QUOTE]
No, the gap is not getting narrower. XBL pulls a fast one as soon as PSN plays catchup. Microsoft is always one step ahead

Also Sony uses third party servers, they will never be as good as XBL until Sony get's their own servers

All third party PS3 games the developers are up to managing or contracting out servers... All SCEA games are on SCEA servers...On topic, my brother just got this "deal". Convenient for sure

I'm at a loss...My friend buys Live by the 3-month card. He spends $20 for three months, while I find a year for about $22 at times online.

I just don't see why slightly less than MSRP is a deal when you can go to places like EBay and get whole year subscriptions for not much more.

Live Gold will be free as soon as it's become obvious to the world that Sony's service is comparable. They have a ways to go.

Even then, I know Microsoft has some tricks up it's sleeve to offer a lot more than just playing games online for the subscription to keep them standing out.

OP, you should try and edit the title (contact an admin) to inform everyone that this deal is via the XBL dashboard.

However, for those lucky enough with Microcenters near them, they are running this very same deal during the month of November (sorry, not available online). Proof (via their monthly sale ad)

[quote name='MikeHoncho']No, the gap is not getting narrower. XBL pulls a fast one as soon as PSN plays catchup. Microsoft is always one step ahead

Also Sony uses third party servers, they will never be as good as XBL until Sony get's their own servers[/QUOTE]

XBOX Live uses peer to peer, not its own dedicated servers. Get your facts straight. Sony actually runs many game on their own dedicated servers.

Live offers nothing that is better then PSN apart from voice chat. One feature does not equal fifty bucks.

[quote name='shadow763']Get your facts straight.
Live offers nothing that is better then PSN apart from voice chat. One feature does not equal fifty bucks.[/QUOTE]

Teh lul.

[quote name='shadow763']XBOX Live uses peer to peer, not its own dedicated servers. Get your facts straight. Sony actually runs many game on their own dedicated servers.

Live offers nothing that is better then PSN apart from voice chat. One feature does not equal fifty bucks.[/QUOTE]

I'd pay $30 a year (what I pay for live) for my PlayStation to have Party Chat.

[quote name='shadow763']

You say potato...I say Yukon Gold! Seriously, there is no defined wrong or right answer, but let's face it, both networks offer similar and DIFFERENT services to their customer base, particularly in different packages and format.

Also, I find it funny that you suggested the other poster getting his facts straight...while PSN titles utilize dedicated servers, not all are hosted by Sony, some by the game's developers or distributers. Also, some Live games have the option for user-created dedicated servers (like Section 8).

Either way, this DEAL has been derailed enough, and I for one apologize for being one of the culprits.

[quote name='MikeHoncho']No, the gap is not getting narrower. XBL pulls a fast one as soon as PSN plays catchup. Microsoft is always one step ahead

Also Sony uses third party servers, they will never be as good as XBL until Sony get's their own servers[/QUOTE]

I guess I don't see it and I payed for XBL for several years. The A-1 reason people pay for XBL Gold is to play online and that's peer to peer. They did add some features pertaining to that, such as creating a party of up to 8 so you can only hear your peeps. PSN doesn't have that, but all you have to do is mute the other players and it's almost the same thing. Now Sony has now added Netflix for all PSN customers, yet Microsoft still requires their customers to pay to have access to Netflix....interesting. I'm still not saying PSN overall is as good as XBL, but factoring in that PSN does the important things almost as well and costs nothing, that works out great for me.

BTW, one thing PSN doesn't have that XBL DOES have is HOST ADVANTAGE. Anybody who has played XBL games, especially shooters will understand this very well. Host always the advantage and it's rather blatant in games like Gears of War. Really puts a damper on playing shooters when you know the host can get the drop on you quicker than you.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I guess I don't see it and I payed for XBL for several years. The A-1 reason people pay for XBL Gold is to play online and that's peer to peer. They did add some features pertaining to that, such as creating a party of up to 8 so you can only hear your peeps. PSN doesn't have that, but all you have to do is mute the other players and it's almost the same thing. Now Sony has now added Netflix for all PSN customers, yet Microsoft still requires their customers to pay to have access to Netflix....interesting. I'm still not saying PSN overall is as good as XBL, but factoring in that PSN does the important things almost as well and costs nothing, that works out great for me.

BTW, one thing PSN doesn't have that XBL DOES have is HOST ADVANTAGE. Anybody who has played XBL games, especially shooters will understand this very well. Host always the advantage and it's rather blatant in games like Gears of War. Really puts a damper on playing shooters when you know the host can get the drop on you quicker than you.[/QUOTE]

Ps3 has host advanatge to what are you saying. lol You just gotta play the right game to notice it.

[quote name='Xenokai']Ps3 has host advanatge to what are you saying. lol You just gotta play the right game to notice it.[/QUOTE]

Not from my experience and even if so, certainly not anywhere near as bad as XBL, which is almost exclusively peer to peer. You are connecting to the host, so naturally he has the advantage. MS has really pulled the wool over a lot of people's eyes with XBL.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']*hands you a cookie*

Personally, at one time I thought the same way as you...[/QUOTE]Hopefully someone handed you a cookie back then in an attempt to belittle your opinion, too. I realize this is the internet and all... but try to show others a little respect. :grouphug:

As stated, I already apologized for taking part in the derailment of this thread. At the end of the day, for someone who doesn't want to spend that much on 12 month service, this is one hell of a deal for 3 months.

I going to send this on the way to a mod to hopefully clean up some.

Sorry again if I stepped on anyone's toes.

Guys can we all stop this talk about PSN and XBL? Its going to start a flame war when fanboy trolls come in. As for this deal, I really wish it was still up cause I can't get it now and I only need a 3 month =/

bread's done
Back