3 port HDMI switch w/ remote - $11/Free Shipping

Thats actually a really good deal. He's right, these things normally cost a lot more. Thinking of picking one up. Thanks a bunch for posting this! :)

EDIT: Grabbed one, thanks again for posting!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='McNutsack']Any different pix of it?
My tv has 3 HDMI slots on the back, so would I even need this?
I'm an HDMI/new LCD tv noob
=)[/quote]
You would only if you wanted to have a total of 5 HDMI inputs, and 3 of them being controlled by the switch.

anybody know if there is such a thing as a splitter vs. a switch? I want to put one output into two different TVs, either at the same time or one at a time. I don't think that's the same thing as this device, but I'm not sure.

[quote name='hellmutt']anybody know if there is such a thing as a splitter vs. a switch? I want to put one output into two different TVs, either at the same time or one at a time. I don't think that's the same thing as this device, but I'm not sure.[/quote]
not the same device. you want something that would split signals. but doing that could degrade the quality of the picture.

you guys might want to read the reviews on this before buying it. Looks like this puppy is plaqued with switching problems.

I ordered this earlier when I saw it on Slickdeals. They said they were getting one day shipping on it for some reason, even when they choose the free shipping.

[quote name='hellmutt']anybody know if there is such a thing as a splitter vs. a switch? I want to put one output into two different TVs, either at the same time or one at a time. I don't think that's the same thing as this device, but I'm not sure.[/quote]
There is an apparently very easy mod to the 2-port HDMI switch sold on Monoprice that switches the device to a splitter. I have run across more than a few people talking about the modification on numerous forums, all of whom say the step-by-step is easy to come by on the internet. Sorry I don't have any links for you, just figured I would let you know.

Edit: After some quick poking around, I found that the mod involves shorting the diodes that prevent the current from traveling backwards. Not quite as easy as I had believed. Maybe not worth your time when actual splitters can be found reasonably cheap to begin with.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='n10zguy']you guys might want to read the reviews on this before buying it. Looks like this puppy is plaqued with switching problems.[/QUOTE]

For 10 bucks, I'll deal with it.

Its not 1.3 though. Switching problems can really be a hassle. My older, cheaper switch would go out on me in the middle of Xbox Live games. I eventually bought a $100 Oppo HDMI 1.3 switch, and I haven't had that problem since.

bread's done
Back