3 PS2 games for $10 (Walmart) = $21 Trade at Gamerush(limited time)

mttakah

CAG Veteran
I stumbled across this today. The pack is Ford Racing 2, Super Trucks Racing and Corvette.

I also had the mgr tell me that if you trade in a game, you can get any in stock new game for $29.95.

He let me trade in 9 games total with extra $5 each and got two new games for $29.95 each also.

He essentially combined a couple of deals together and I still had some credit left over.

So you got 21 bucks from GR with this? We don't have any GR's in IL. So does anyone know if it's the same prices at blockbuster. Also, does that include $5 extra per game if you trade 3?

I did this today. I picked up one of these bundles and immediately took it to the BB in the same strip mall. It was kinda funny because as the one guy was ringing me up, another employee walked over and he's all like "you can buy these three games at walmart for 10 bucks". I just kinda smirked as the first kid added the 21 dollar credit to my account.

Are these bundles really that cheap or is this YMMV? I saw them today but no price anywhere I figured they were like $25. If only $10....time for a trip tomorrow!

I think there might be a problem guys. For October, they ran a promotion where if you trade in 3 PS2/Xbox/GC games, you would get an extra $5 per game. I dont know if that's going on in November as well.

Anyone want to confirm that this can still work in November?

[quote name='ogmaster']I think there might be a problem guys. For October, they ran a promotion where if you trade in 3 PS2/Xbox/GC games, you would get an extra $5 per game. I dont know if that's going on in November as well.

Anyone want to confirm that this can still work in November?[/quote]

the extra $5 deal is going on until 11/8 :)

Bah! Why must us Chicagoans, nay, us Illinites be subjected to the blasphemousness that is known as the lack of Gamerush! Blockbuster will rue the day! Rue I tell you!

the extra 5 dollar deal may be YMMV now. My blockbuster stopped doing the promotion last week. The only promo they currently have running is trading in 2 games and getting one of their "Hot Games of 2004" for half price and by any preowned game and get another half off.

I called up my BB to see if the deal was still going on and he said that there is no expiration date meaning it could expire at any day. Not very much help.

I like the sound of this. I wouldn't feel as bad trading these in as when i trade in 3 out of date Maddens

[quote name='buster90']Are these bundles really that cheap or is this YMMV? I saw them today but no price anywhere I figured they were like $25. If only $10....time for a trip tomorrow![/quote]

Are you sure you didn't see a price? The ones at my WM were bundled side by side in this yellow cardboard thing which reads, "PS 2 Racing 3 Pack $10".

[quote name='simpsonps121']What is the trade in for Best Buy? I understand Gamerush, but why would Best Buy take the trade in?
Thanks,
Matthew[/quote]

BB = BlockBuster = GameRush

theres no gamerush around here, but there is a blockbuster with a GameCrazy....would this still work, or is it a totally different thing?

Blockbuster's don't have GameCrazys....you must be thinking of Hollywood Video which is completely different.

[quote name='Ruined']So where would I be best off trading my old 2K4 ESPN games?[/quote]

FYE

ESPN BASKETBALL (2k4, NOT 2k5) is $24 on XBOX, ps2 is about $17.

ESPN Hockey and baseball is around $17 as well. Hurry up 'cuz they caught on and dropped the price of ESPN Football.

I was gonna post this deal before, you beat me to it. Nice.
Any idea what these trade in for at Gamecrazy, FYE or EB?

At FYE, you'd probably break about even after tax ($11-12 in credit for all 3). This is definitely better for those 4-5 for 1 deals or maybe playing?

This deal also works great with the coupons last month that most of you received. Trade in 4 games get and used game for $5. Well I got these 3 plus I ordered an old Madden 2003 for $2 and I got Battlefront Xbox for only $12.

I checked today and yes 3 games for $10 is real. My walmart has a ton of them as well.

[quote name='jaykrue']Bah! Why must us Chicagoans, nay, us Illinites be subjected to the blasphemousness that is known as the lack of Gamerush! Blockbuster will rue the day! Rue I tell you![/quote]

Aye!!

I went to walmart today. They had at least 40 copies. I picked it up. Super Truck Racing sucks. Ford Racing is ok. Corvette is pretty good. I think ill trade in the first two and maybe Corvette if I finish it.

Where at in Chicago ?? I know there is a GameRush in the Hollywood video on Ashland south of Pershing... oh wait, that's a GameCrazy...sorry, my bad

[quote name='jaykrue']Bah! Why must us Chicagoans, nay, us Illinites be subjected to the blasphemousness that is known as the lack of Gamerush! Blockbuster will rue the day! Rue I tell you![/quote]

Topic merged...

My Walmart had a 3 pack of NEW PS2 driving games One if Corvette and one is a Ford Racing, not sure what the third one is. All 3 games for 10.00. Has anyone else seen this deal.

Mine also had the remaining N64 stock The games were 19.00 each.
New n64 Super Smash Bros & Mario Kart 64 for 19.00 each

yeah I think the deal has been posted, but mainly for the fact that you get $21 trade in when you trade in all 3 games

You can get $10 for the truck game at EB (at least at mine) towards a Halo preorder. Buy a $3 game while your at EB and trade it with the other 2 at Game Rush for any used game (using the trade 3 in and get any used game for $10).

Bottom line - for $23 you get $10 towards Halo 2 preorder and any used game (actually it ended up being less than $23 that I had to pay because I only had to pay $6 to get a used Mortal Kombat Deception at Game Rush).

[quote name='buster90']This deal also works great with the coupons last month that most of you received. Trade in 4 games get and used game for $5. Well I got these 3 plus I ordered an old Madden 2003 for $2 and I got Battlefront Xbox for only $12.

I checked today and yes 3 games for $10 is real. My walmart has a ton of them as well.[/quote]

IT'S ON LIKE WRATH OF KHAN !!!!!

Does anyone know Hastings exclusion policy? They have a trade 4 for a free new game deal going on now. If you can use those racing games you could clean house.

sorry i misread the topic i was thinking FYE.... YOu get 15 bucks for these games at FYE ... I traded in the semi racing for 7.50 and kept the other 2 to give away as gifts 2 games for 2.50 isnt that bad though they both really suck

[quote name='slidecage']its not 21 anymore you only get 15....[/quote]

How can you only get $15??? It's $5 extra per game. Are they only buying those games for .01?

I would think the minimum would be $18

[quote name='slidecage']sorry i misread the topic i was thinking FYE.... YOu get 15 bucks for these games at FYE ... I traded in the semi racing for 7.50 and kept the other 2 to give away as gifts 2 games for 2.50 isnt that bad though they both really suck[/quote]

Glad i'm not on your Christmas list. :lol:

I just did this deal for the third time here in Dallas. I asked when the deal was over and was told tomorrow. So, if you want the 21 dollars better hurry.

Also, I was told starting Tuesday its going to be trade in 2 games and get a PO game for 10 dollars. I'll probably pick up the combo again and used this deal on a 35 dollar and up PO game.

[quote name='NeoshoTiger']Does anyone know Hastings exclusion policy? They have a trade 4 for a free new game deal going on now. If you can use those racing games you could clean house.[/quote]

Hastings trade in deal is: Trade 4 titles (PS2, GC, or Xbox) and get a new title ($49.9?) for free. There are exclusions such as no old sports titles but that may be YMMV. Also if you trade 4 PS2 games, you can only get a game for PS2, you cannot cross formats.

Thats what the signs I see at the store. I've never done it yet myself.

BB is gonna start, the trade in any 3 games and get a used game for 9.99, they let you use the base credit to pay for the 9.99. So you can get any used game they have for the cost of one of these bundles

Sorry if this was already asked: Would EB/Gamestop accept these games for one of their trade-in deals (specifically the PStwo one)?

bread's done
Back