3 PS2 games for $10 (Walmart) = $21 Trade at Gamerush(limited time)

mttakah

CAG Veteran
I stumbled across this today. The pack is Ford Racing 2, Super Trucks Racing and Corvette.

I also had the mgr tell me that if you trade in a game, you can get any in stock new game for $29.95.

He let me trade in 9 games total with extra $5 each and got two new games for $29.95 each also.

He essentially combined a couple of deals together and I still had some credit left over.

I too would love to know if these three particular games are accepted as trade-ins at Hastings. I haven't had the nerve to try it myself yet. LOL

[quote name='NeoshoTiger']Does anyone know Hastings exclusion policy? They have a trade 4 for a free new game deal going on now. If you can use those racing games you could clean house.[/quote]

I've posted about this many, MANY times. The 4 for 1 is a year round deal and the only exclusions are extremely old games and sports titles. I've used the 4 for 1 to get 10+ new release titles this fall.

Hastings trade in deal is: Trade 4 titles (PS2, GC, or Xbox) and get a new title ($49.9?) for free. There are exclusions such as no old sports titles but that may be YMMV. Also if you trade 4 PS2 games, you can only get a game for PS2, you cannot cross formats.

You can cross formats. They'll tell you no multiples and no crossing formats, but it works just fine. I got into a disagreement with an employee the other night.. i've traded in multiples before, she wouldn't let me do it.. I won. One guy lets us trade in anything for any system in any amount and get anything for any system. He's cool.

I don't understand why you guys are so scared of Hastings. "Guessed" and I went to a local Hastings after the Circuit City $5 sale and he unloaded a lot of stuff. They took everything.

The 3 for 1 was nice. I traded in Parappa The Rapper 2, Legends of Wrestling 1, and some other game and got Full Spectrum Warrior free. By the way, the Hastings games don't have to have instructions. I suppose I'll list the titles traded and what I've gotten so far. My memory is shady.

I've traded mutiple copies of Arc the Lad, Wild Arms 3, X2, Stuntman, Star Wars Jedi Starfighter, Ghost Recon, basically anything I could get for $10 or less.

I've walked away (via my trades or someone helping me out :p) with Riddick, Psi-Ops, Burnout 3, Def Jam: FFNY, Leisure Suit Larry, MK: Deception, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, Star Wars: Battlefront, GTA: San Andreas (at a total of $8 out of my own pocket) for a friend, WWE Smackdown vs. Raw, Madden NFL 2005, Full Spectrum Warrior.. and I think that's it.

Oh, and they put out more clearance rental DVD's today for $9.99. I noticed Super Size Me, Fahrenheit 9/11, Mean Girls, Saved (I bought the only copy), The Punisher, and Aladdin, along with a few others. As always, YMMV.

I'm not scared of Hastings at all...I've used the deal before. I just want to know whether or not this bundle of racing games will qualify in their trade-in system. I'd hate to spend the $10 and be stuck with 3 games that I'd never put into my PS2, especially since I don't have a Gamerush anywhere close.

Does hastings give you what the games are worth with that trade 3 for 1 deal, or just straight trade 3 for 1 and no credit is given?

Suppose some idjit trades in THUG2, XMEN LEGENDS, and SW BATTLEFRONT, for instance... (not likely, but just for instance.)

fragmanslayer, the 3-for-1 deal was a limited-time offer. Every other time, it's 4-for-1. I've never tried to get credit for it, so I'm not 100% sure what they do. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get the credit put on a gift card, but it might not be the full $49.99 credit. In other words, I get the feeling that you'd have to trade your 4 for 1 $49.99 game to really maximize this deal.

They will take all 3 of the games in the Three-Pack. I did it the other day and plan on doing it a few more times this weekend. I am thinking that for around 30-40 dollars, I should be able to get an xbox.

roachman, did you get the money put on a gift card or something? I've always just done the 4-for-1 deal and got a game, I never tried getting the credit saved for a future transaction.

no..but if you get three brand new games like GTA-SA, Killzone, and Mortal Kombat, and then trade them into GameStop. They have a deal going at mine where you trade 3 games and get an additional 30% credit. So that would give me around $120 credit. So you would actually need 4 packs and 4 cheap games to do this and get an xbox. I have the 4 cheap games which I got from EB for like 3.99 or something. So the whole deal will cost about $50 but that is not bad for a brand new xbox.

So, are these still giving GOOD trade in credit at GAMERUSH? I have a coupon fromt he Halo book, trade 3, get Doom3(or other games) for $19.99

Thats correct. Two games net $1.50 and the other $3.00. It isn't bad with the trade three get a pre-owned game for $10 deal. I did it yesterday and got Star Ocean (PS2) pre-owned for $15.40.

Thanks...too bad I missed out....but I didn't have the coupon till yesterday...so I missed nothing really ;)

Still may do it for trade fodder though....

I did this deal for the 4th time yesterday. Walmart people keep asking why I keep buying the 10 dollar game pack.

I picked Star Wars: Battlefront for 10.81, there was nothing I liked so I'm going to trade it in for something else today. I think it goes for 35 bucks. I have two old ps2 games so I'll throw those into the mix for another PO game for 10 buck. I'm looking for the new Lord of the Ring RPG.

Is target selling this gamepack as well, anyone confirm?

Buy one pack (3 games) to trade in at gamerush using the trade 3 get PO for 9.99 [do this x amount of times to accumulate x amount of games]

Sell those PO games back for credit towards DS, PSP, XBOX, PS2, GC, etc.

Your cost using this model would be $10+tax for the gamepack. You get $6 credit at gamerush for the gamepack against the $9.99+tax PO game. OOP so far is $15 (per transaction). Sell PO game for $35 in credit. If you had bought 2 gamepacks, you should have $70 in credit with you only paying $30 oop. I see gamerush having a boatload of these games in the next week.

Well, Hastings definitely takes this three-game pack as trade-ins. I just traded these three games + Eternal Ring from the CC $5 sale for Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, the version with the soundtrack CD. :D Thank you, Wal-Mart, for making expensive games affordable...at other stores. :p

[quote name='darkwingduck13']Well, Hastings definitely takes this three-game pack as trade-ins. I just traded these three games + Eternal Ring from the CC $5 sale for Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, the version with the soundtrack CD. :D Thank you, Wal-Mart, for making expensive games affordable...at other stores. :p[/quote]

Thanks for confirmation. Heading to WalyMart now, after that .......Hastings :D. Time to make some money. Hope they take multiple copies (sarcasm).

masha,
I've never tried to give them multiple copies of the same game...nearly every place I've ever traded with frowns on that to some degree, and since I'd rather not look suspicious, I always try to keep it to 4 different titles. Let us know if they actually take multiple 3-packs at a time, aight?

[quote name='darkwingduck13']masha,
I've never tried to give them multiple copies of the same game...nearly every place I've ever traded with frowns on that to some degree, and since I'd rather not look suspicious, I always try to keep it to 4 different titles. Let us know if they actually take multiple 3-packs at a time, aight?[/quote]

I"ll do 2 today, 2 wednesday, 2 next saturday . I've traded multiples before with no problem.

Just came back from Hastings. Traded 2 WalyMart 3 packs + 2 Splashdowns (PS2) from EB ( $1.79 B/M) for Nocturne LE and Donkey Konga. Total $25.

Edit: I also found Cordless Logitech XBox Controller sealed (first version) at Hastings for..............ready? ............$4.99 :D

bread's done
Back