$30 Batman AC CE @ Bestbuy(in-store only)

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
They dropped the price today but it hasn't yet changed online
The PS3 is the only one still in-stock online but using the 360 SKU YMMV on in-store.

Just found the way to search each stores clearance item section
Use the store locator, click on the store itself then check the clearance section
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat12092&type=page&_requestid=131517

$10 base TIV @ BB if you just want the swag
http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/fu...&UPC=883929212606&itemID=10549&category=Video Games

PS3 - 3046579
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=Batman%3A+Arkham+City+Collector%27s+Edition+&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

X360 - 3046603

$55 Sam's club
PS3 - http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod4750174&navAction=

X360 - http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/p...man: arkham city collector's edition xbox 360

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akgEBT-sYsk

Last edited by a moderator:
They should be able to adjust something again did it when they changed the price twice with the steel books. Just bought it they were out of the Xbox which is what I wanted but with the ps3 being only 24.99 grabbed it anyway.

$24.99 at my store and I had to watch the employee check out with the last one right as the store opened. It was the only one and it's been sitting there for ever.

[quote name='Enuf']in-store or over the phone? The store I was in had a new shelf tag same thing happened with UC CE last week.[/QUOTE]
In store the tag said 49.99 as well

[quote name='Murderstorm']In store the tag said 49.99 as well[/QUOTE]Then looks YMMV but seems like this should be incoming for all stores shortly. I'd suggest buying now & waiting for the drop otherwise once it happens you may be SOL.

[quote name='Enuf']If you're RZ silver 60 days to pm it lower...if you're a savvy CAG you could buy now & if there's no price drop return it on day 58 at closing. Then re-purchase it the next morning & get another 60 days. It's not going to hold $50 for 4 months.:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]should've took my own advice but I was going get it for $50 using the b2g1 fuck. So now I'll be buying online & return/rebuying at the store where it's $30. 1 more step but at least I'll have it unlike with the UC3 CE.

I stopped by a BB store on my way back home this morning. I was stopping to pick up KOA:R. When I left, the store had 3 copies of BAC CE for $19.99, SOTD $10, Fear 3 $8 and 2 ACB CE $24. The store is located in Conway, AR. The games listed are all for the :ps3: This is not my local store. So, I will not be able to help any CAGs w/ this deal.

OOS at my store but they were able to order and ship to me. $24.99 on Ps3

This was in Clarksville, TN. I could have read it wrong but it looked like Brentwood had it listed in stock.

[quote name='Hoos First']$24.99 at my BB[/QUOTE]

Same price for me at BB in Pasadena (Houston), TX. They also said that this was the last one available in town.

I would love a Xbox 360 copy. There are none available in the tucson/oro valley/phoenix area, blah. I also want a copy of Amular which apparently is out everywhere near me. If someone can grab both I have a $48 best buy gift card and id pay for shipping and throw in an extra $5-$10 for gas. Let me know if anyone willing to help, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Jada225kiss']Same price for me at BB in Pasadena (Houston), TX. They also said that this was the last one available in town.[/QUOTE]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:cry:

It's kinda sad how much product they put out onto the shelves. They should make less of these for the sake of not screwing over people who preorder this stuff for the sake of its value. Even Fry's has this for $20, it would would be insane for someone to even pay half of its original retail now.

[quote name='ryuk1214']It's kinda sad how much product they put out onto the shelves. They should make less of these for the sake of not screwing over people who preorder this stuff for the sake of its value. Even Fry's has this for $20, it would would be insane for someone to even pay half of its original retail now.[/QUOTE]Exact reason why BB should increase the pre-order credit $10-$25 on games LE/SE/CE that are more than $60. $30-$35 credit for $100 SE/CE $40-$50 for ones $120-$150
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...ver-quot-tier-to-the-Gamers-Club/idi-p/492283

They won't have stock leftover for these deals but at least with 60 days to pm some would still score the GS pm. Not like they're gonna offer credit LOL

[quote name='pwnthee']For anybody thinking about buying it, be aware - there is no separate game box with this, which I personally find extremely lame. The artbook has a place for the game in the back. They give you the manual and catalog, but no place to hold them. Pretty damn lame.

I agree with others, you're basically buying a statue. I'd suggest picking up the PS3 version if you can and resell everything with the PS3 game. PS3 games sell higher than 360 games, typically. Use the money to buy the GOTY edition for whichever platform you prefer. GOTY has ugly boxart, but I'll take an ugly case vs. no case.[/QUOTE]

There is a clear plastic box that it comes with that works nice to hold it together. Mine has some minor damage from the spider wrap but looks nice, both box and statue fit nicely on my shelf.

Bought it at release, don't regret it. I got the CE with the DLC that was really needed except for the HQ, besides that I didn't care for the extra skins but did recently get Night Wing and Harley Quinn.

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']I would love a Xbox 360 copy. There are none available in the tucson/oro valley/phoenix area, blah. I also want a copy of Amular which apparently is out everywhere near me. If someone can grab both I have a $48 best buy gift card and id pay for shipping and throw in an extra $5-$10 for gas. Let me know if anyone willing to help, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Yeah nothing in Tucson :cry:

this is not YMMV right? i think i saw 360 one at my local BB priced at $49.99 yesterday. I'll double check tomorrow. that store usually is slow in updating price tags. hope its still there and i definitely like to get the statue.

I was at my Best Buy picking up KoA:R today and took a quick look for the AC CE. Couldn't find any for PS3 or 360. Asked the guy at the register and he took a look in the computer. Said they didn't have any in stock but that they had it priced as $49.99.

I swear my Best Buy never has these awesome sales like other Best Buys do :(

Found out that it was priced at $24.99 in-store, but there were none in stock.

So I asked if I could return/rebuy my online order that shipped to my house; the gaming employee (not CSR) told me that returns for online orders go back to the warehouse, and that I wouldn't be able to rebuy it...

[quote name='KENFL0']Yeah nothing in Tucson :cry:[/QUOTE]
Hey there! Always assumed but never knew for sure if there were other CAGers in Tucson.

I knew my store has one ps3 copy left so I rushed out there this afternoon only to be told that someone picked it up right before me : (

The base game trades in at Gamestop for $21 with the 30% plus Edge 10% for $21 so it is like $5 for all of the CE stuff. Damn. I was pissed.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']this is not YMMV right? i think i saw 360 one at my local BB priced at $49.99 yesterday. I'll double check tomorrow. that store usually is slow in updating price tags. hope its still there and i definitely like to get the statue.[/QUOTE]That seems to be the key issue. I'd suggest buying it now & getting the price adjusted.

My BB in Murfreesboro, TN had the PS3 version for $24.99 and the Xbox 360 version for $49.99. The PS3 was sold out and the 360 had one copy left.

So I bought this at 50 online shipped to my place. The only way to get the 30 PM is to buy this again and then return the $50 one for a refund. fuck, I wish they'd just PM it. I'll try calling and seeing if they will accommodate but I doubt it.

Stopped in to a local store, found the 360 version only so I asked the video games employee to scan it. It came up as $49.99 so he looked and couldn't find a PS3 version in the area. Hopefully the 360 version price-drops soon but if not oh well...

stopped by my store today... they only had the 360 version.. rang up to $49.99. Passed on it! Sucks that price is still not changed. I was hoping to trade in the game at gamestop today to get steam cards for steam sale but i dont want to spend the extra $20 upfront and wait for a price adjustment. oh well.

I don't know if it's taboo to mention this but the TIV @Amazon is $27 for the PS3 version in "acceptable" condition which means it does not need to include all the accessories and stuff.

Picked up the last ps3 copy tonight. No Xbox. There were, however, 5 or more assassins creed brotherhood ce's and saints row ce's for both systems.

[quote name='jedolley']I don't know if it's taboo to mention this but the TIV @Amazon is $27 for the PS3 version in "acceptable" condition which means it does not need to include all the accessories and stuff.[/QUOTE]

I have the :360: version. My store has a copy of the :ps3: version. It is currently being strangled by a spider strap. The plastic sides are indented. Do you really think Amazon would give $27 just for the game? I may go pick it up just for the swag.

[quote name='kerouac kid']I have the :360: version. My store has a copy of the :ps3: version. It is currently being strangled by a spider strap. The plastic sides are indented. Do you really think Amazon would give $27 just for the game? I may go pick it up just for the swag.[/QUOTE]

It sounds like they would... Here's the description/qualification for "Acceptable":

Video Game - Acceptable Condition Eligibility Criteria

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Video Games Trade-In Store.

Typical elements included with a video game: disc/cartridge, manual, case, artwork, bundled accessories, and UPC (or EAN).

Please check your item to ensure it meets this criteria:
* Game still plays perfectly
* Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)
* Item may be missing or have irreparable damage to one or all of the following: case, manual, artwork, bundled accessories, UPC

Important Note: Games having one or more of the conditions listed below will not be accepted.

Video Game - Not Acceptable Eligibility Criteria
* Game does not play perfectly
* Disc is cracked
* Marked Not for Resale (or is otherwise marked not for sale)

Please see the Program Terms and Conditions.

[quote name='jedolley']It sounds like they would... Here's the description/qualification for "Acceptable":[/QUOTE]

I read that too. I might give it a shot.

[quote name='jedolley']It sounds like they would... Here's the description/qualification for "Acceptable":[/QUOTE]

Ok. I went and picked up the CE. I'm going to send it in tomorrow. I'm only going to send in the art book and game. It's worth a shot. I'll let you know how it turns out.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If it hasn't been mentioned yet, this is one of the CE's with the cardboard sleeve packaging for the game disc just like the DC Universe Online CE had.

http://www.1up.com/news/batman-arkham-city-collectors-edition-includes-statue-no-game-case

So hopefully you guys saved the case/artwork and cheesy 3 page fold out 'manual' from one of the @Gamer vanilla edition copies you got with the coupons from the mag to put this game into.:roll:[/QUOTE]

In the :360: version I have, the game goes into the back of the art book. There is a hard plastic (cd like) tray it snaps into. I just went and picked up a copy for the :ps3: and it has the same tray in the back of the art book.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lochdoun']This is a lame CE in terms of content, but it's nice if you haven't bought the game already.[/QUOTE]

The statue is actually high quality and very detailed. The art book does disappoint though. It's only worth a second buy if you have a place to proudly display Batman.

I called a VA beach store to confirm it was 24.99. Didn't specify which console. Told thr cust svc guy who checked with a manager and they pmed two xbox copies. They didn't even call. It was a great find. Then it started raining like crazy and ingot caught in deep water, stalled. Water in my engine, its in the shop now. The traffic Rep from the sheriff's office was nice enough to tell me my license was expired so I spent the next 3 hours at the DMV. While I was sitting there i felt sorry for myself and.ordered gears 3 ce for $35. Day started off great, ended up kinda crappy. Oh well hopefully this stupid game was.worth it.

bread's done
Back