30% off all 360/Xbox/DS games / Halo 3 now $2 after rebate at many FYE stores (YMMV)

awp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
There was a post a few weeks ago about the $40 rebate on Halo 3 at F.Y.E. stores. Well, many (maybe even most) F.Y.E. stores are now running a 30% clearance sale on Xbox 360, Xbox and DS games (PS3 and Wii are not included).

So this gets Halo 3 down to $42 - (40 rebate) = $2.

Worked at the Greenville, SC store, where there are two or three other copies left. Rebate printed at the register.

Yep, all new Xbox 360 games were 30% off. However, the selection that was left there had little to be desired. Mostly older games left that could be had cheaper elsewhere even with the 30% off.

Not sure if it's at all stores, but over on FatWallet, it sounded as if most of those getting in on the deal were getting the 30% off at other stores.

I read about the rebate here first, so after seeing it on FW again their now at $2, I figured I'd share the news (surprisingly not generating much response over there).

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Yeah, where can I get a rebate form?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it's online. Mine printed out at the cash register.

As for the validity of the rebate with the clearance, if it printed at the register, I'm going to say it should be valid. Otherwise, I'll be putting up a fight.

I think the 30% off is only in the FYE's that are going to stop carrying video games. Every year after christmas a few more stores take the leap. The rebate should be for every fye and prints at the register with purchase. Its just a good deal that gets better in the stores that happen to be on clearance.

[quote name='zensation']I think the 30% off is only in the FYE's that are going to stop carrying video games. Every year after christmas a few more stores take the leap. The rebate should be for every fye and prints at the register with purchase. Its just a good deal that gets better in the stores that happen to be on clearance.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not sure how many stores are offering this. But, again over on FW, the deal seemed to be pretty widespread -- Austin, Tx; Cary, NC; Brooklyn, NY; and somewhere in Pennsylvania just scanning the thread.

If anyone here finds it, post so we know if this is at all FYE's.

None of my FYEs are running this, unfortunately. I took a copy of Metroid Prime (sealed and not a Player's choice either!) and asked how much it was since the tag said $20. The cashier told me $20 after ringing it up. fuck that, I'm not paying $20 for that when I can get the same thing with a few scratches and no shrinkwrap for $7 at the EB right next to them!

[quote name='DarkD-']None of my FYEs are running this, unfortunately. I took a copy of Metroid Prime (sealed and not a Player's choice either!) and asked how much it was since the tag said $20. The cashier told me $20 after ringing it up. fuck that, I'm not paying $20 for that when I can get the same thing with a few scratches and no shrinkwrap for $7 at the EB right next to them![/quote]
OP makes no mention of Gamecube games being part of the sale, so it's not surprising that Metroid Prime wasn't 30% off. ;)

2024 Montebello Town Center
Montebello, CA 90640-2168
FYE #0036

Called about Halo 3, there is a $40 rebate according to the guy on the phone. No 30% clearance.
FYE #1330

There is a 30% off new video games, no rebates on any games.
FYE #1304

Nothing at all the guy said he only knows about a "Buy a 360 get Halo 3" promo.

Lake Success, NY - no 30% off and no Halo 3

Roosevelt Field, NY - no 30% off, Halo 3 in stock & cashier aware of rebate.

[quote name='lostdecoy']Lake Success, NY - no 30% off and no Halo 3

Roosevelt Field, NY - no 30% off, Halo 3 in stock & cashier aware of rebate.[/QUOTE]

Looks like this is more YMMV than I thought. Oh well, hope some of you find success...

I picked up a couple of games at the Store in Dunn, NC last night, with 30% off, even took a copy of Halo 3 I got for christmas back for refund, went and ate dinner, came back and bought several used games with 30% off on all of them. Selection was fair, considering it is a small store.

Just picked up a copy of Halo 3 for 30% off and the register printed out the $40 rebate along with the receipt. There were four more copies left also! This is the Milbury, MA FYE for anyone interested in cetnral Mass.

-Bob

I just went to two FYEs and cleaned them out. I can vouch for the $42 - $40 thing for Halo also, but again it's YMMV only in that the third FYE in the area is brand new and clean and not clearancing yet.

The gal said (just like the OP) that some stores are not carrying new games anymore. They also had a thing that if you buy 3 you get 1 (

The store in Wayne is closing, but they were absolutely cleaned out. No 360 or PS3 games. Lots of used PS2 and Xbox games, but mostly utter trash, like old sports titles. There were some decent new DS and PSP games, though. I ended up getting Final Fantasy III (DS), Jeanne D'Arc (PSP), and MLB Power Pros (PS2) for about $45 after taxes. Not bad. Figure I can spin a few dollars off of them, probably.

anyone know if there are any fye stores in the DC Metro area (northern VA, etc)? Also this is my first post, this is a great forum and i'm glad i found it. Thanks!

At www.fye.com they have a store locator. The issue I had is that only some stores actually carry new video games, I have been to 3 of the 4 locations around Portland, and only one carried used games, and none carried new games (at least that I could find.)

Good Luck, I would have jumped on this deal if I actually could find one of their stores that carried new video games.

bread's done
Back